Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Gizmodo

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default First Male Murder Hornet in U.S. Caught in Washington State

The murder-hornet-hunting heroes at the Washington State Department of Agriculture have successfully trapped a male specimen—the first of its kind found stateside.
    Read more...

Google Maps Just Got a Colorful New Update
    Google Maps is getting a colorful new update in the coming weeks, adding terrain and street-level granularity to its UI that, after 15 years, was in desperate need of a makeover.
    Read more...

Juice up Your Devices in the Blink of an Eye With a Wireless Charger That Doesn't Suck
    Forget being tethered to a short phone charging cable on your nightstand. Just place your phone on a stand and move on. Wireless charging has quickly become much more ubiquitous over the years, and as we’ve seen it adapted more and more often, charging units have become cheaper and more reliable. Whether you’re…
    Read more...

Stadia's Success as a Serious Gaming Platform Rests on Baldur's Gate 3
    Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming to PC and Stadia via early access on September 30, 2020, Larian Studios revealed today during a live stream. This isn’t the first time a major game will be released on Stadia at the same time as another major platform, but Larian Studios’ enthusiasm for Stadia as a game development platform…
    Read more...

Ensure a Secure, Private Internet: The Best VPN Deals of the Day
    Featured Deal: Save 68% on 2 Years | NordVPN
    Read more...

Democrats Quietly Cut Opposition to Fossil Fuel Subsidies From DNC Platform
    Democratic presidential ticket Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both came out against fossil fuel subsidies during their respective White House primary bids. But the party they now lead removed language doing the same at the last minute from its national platform.

Read more...

Apple Renames Apple Beats 1 Apple Music 1, Not to Be Confused With Apple Music or Apple Music
    Apple today announced it’s adding two new offerings to its global radio portfolio: a hits station and one for country music. Somewhat confusing for fans of its existing and immensely popular Beats 1, Apple also announced the station will be renamed Apple Music 1. As with its infuriatingly frustrating Apple TV and TV+…
    Read more...

Now You Can Be Miserable Anywhere
    Thank you, contemporary designers, for lifting our spirits with wearable bubbles, dining table sneeze guards, and hug tunnels during these trying times. No thank-you for these four pieces of lumber behind which we can contain our sadness and paper towel wads, aka, a minimal home office from Panasonic, available soon…
    Read more...

Tuesday's Deals of the Day: HP Envy Printer, Razer Mouse and Keyboard, Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Air Fryer, BBoutique 1-Day Sale, Huckberry Swimwear, and More
    An HP Envy Photo printer, a Fibit Inspire HR fitness tracker, a Razer gaming mouse and keyboard, an Outer Worlds price drop,a Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 air fryer, a Eufy Smart Lock Touch, a Bellesa Boutique 1-day sex supply sale, and a discount on Huckberry swimwear lead Tuesday’s best deals.
    Read more...

Does Our Sun Have a Long-Lost Twin?
    The strange configuration of material in the outer reaches of our solar system has led a team of scientists to speculate that the Sun had a companion during its early days. Intriguingly, this scenario could explain the presence of the hypothesized Planet Nine, should it actually exist.

Read more...

The Razer Black Widow Elite Keyboard Is $70 Off
    Razer Gaming Keyboard | $100 | Best Buy

Read more...

Facebook Just Told Oculus Users to Go Get Fucked
    It’s official. Starting this October, a Facebook account will be mandatory for all future Oculus headsets. While there’ll be a grace period for anyone with a separate Oculus account, Facebook will end support for those on January 1, 2023.
    Read more...

Covid-19 Just Passed Another Horrible Milestone in the U.S.
    The covid-19 pandemic has just breezed through another ignoble milestone in the U.S. The viral disease has taken more American lives this year than almost all other leading causes—it ranks behind only heart disease and cancer.

Read more...

Boldly Get Into Star Trek Adventures and Become a Sentient Gun in the Latest Gaming News
    Welcome back to Gaming Shelf, io9's column all about board games, RPGs, and tabletop gaming news. There have been plenty of exciting announcements following the online-only GenCon 2020, along with some really intriguing new Kickstarter campaigns. These include new miniatures based on the Dungeons & Dragons wheelchair…
    Read more...

Internet Explorer Has Started Its Ascent to the Big Digital Pasture in the Sky
    My dad had a cute nickname for Internet Explorer: “Internet Exploder,” an expression of disdain for the browser that he refused to use, even though it was the preferred option for vast majority of people in late ‘90s and early 2000s. He liked the MSN Explorer browser, but I never understood why.Maybe it was the…
    Read more...

Let's Get Loud With $100 off Sony's WH-XB900N Noise-Cancelling Headphones
    Sony WH-XB900N Noise-Canceling Headphones | $148 | Amazon Gold Box
    Read more...

Postmaster General Says He'll Stop Fucking Up the Post Office Until After the Election
    Louis DeJoy was nothing but a private equity ghoul and fundraiser for President Trump before he became Postmaster General in May. In his short tenure, the constitutionally mandated U.S. Postal Service has begun to “overhaul” its operations in a way that has slowed service and caused it to warn most states it may not…
    Read more...

An Ode to Flypaper, the Perfect Tech That Asks for Nothing
    “Guess,” says my boyfriend, as he now does every morning, before turning on the coffee kettle. “Fifteen,” I reply without looking up from my laptop. “You owe me ten bucks,” he beams. “Way over fifty.” He means fruit flies, of course.

Read more...

Star Wars Ventures Deep Into Thrawn's Past in This Ascendancy: Chaos Rising Excerpt
    In Star Wars’ current canon, we’ve seen Thrawn’s rise as one of the Empire’s most cunning Grand Admirals. Books have shown us how he left his homeworld and the unknown regions to explore “our” side of the Star Wars galaxy, but Timothy Zahn’s latest trilogy is delving back into that past, and io9 has a look inside.

Read more...

Uber and Lyft: Okay But What If Franchises, Though?
    California’s rideshare behemoths Uber and Lyft are still grasping for ways to get around the state’s attempts to classify their drivers as full-time employees, and the long-play at this point very much appears to be a November ballot measure. But the two companies have reportedly explored alternative workarounds as…
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Please Keep Mark Zuckerberg Away From My Bones

Most of us might think of Facebook as the social network of choice for suburban moms and conspiracy theorists, but the company hasn’t been shy about branching out to become much more than an app on our phones, even if that’s the last thing we want. Here’s an example: earlier today, Facebook put out a company blog post
    Read more...

Samsung's 65-Inch Q60 QLED Smart TV Falls to $750
    Samsung 65-inch Q60 QLED Smart TV | $750 | Amazon
    Samsung 65-inch Q60 QLED Smart TV | $750 | Best Buy
    Read more...

Tinted Solar Panels Can Help Farms Generate Clean Energy While Growing Food
    In a future world, leafy vegetables may not be grown in rows of crops under the sun. Instead, they may be grown indoors beneath tinted semi-transparent solar panels that will allow farmers to grow food and produce energy. That’s the future imagined in a recent study that shows how the use of this technology can…
    Read more...

Damaged SETI Observatory Could Be Sidelined for Months
    The iconic Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico was damaged last week when a large cable fell onto the radio telescope’s main reflector dish. We’re now learning more about this unfortunate incident, including how long it might take until the beleaguered observatory is back online.

Read more...

Smartphones Knowing When You're Drunk Is the Next Frontier of Data Spying
    In case your smartphone tracking your travels, web browsing, dating history, job changes, diet changes, shopping habits, and general content consumption wasn’t enough for you, there’s good news. Soon, the little snitch in all of our pockets might be able to tell us when we’re plastered just by measuring a few of our…
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Add 256GB of Samsung MicroSD Storage to Your Switch, Smartphone, and M

Samsung 256GB EVO Select microSDXC Card | $30 | Amazon
    Samsung 128GB EVO Select microSDXC Card | $20 | Amazon
    Read more...

The Lumix S5 Is Panasonic's Lightest and Most Compact Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Yet
    As much as I appreciate Panasonic’s beastly pro-grade S1 cameras, I have to admit they are more camera than I really need, or more importantly, more camera than I’d ever want to carry around. But with the launch of the new Lumix S5, Panasonic has taken a lot of the best parts from its flagship full-frame mirrorless…
    Read more...

Updates From Ant-Man 3, Dune, and More
    Adam Driver boards Sam Raimi’s mystery new sci-fi project. The cast of the next Scream continues to expand. Warner Bros. is taking its adaptation of Mark Millar’s Nemesis in a very different direction. Plus, Peyton Reed on the scale of Ant-Man 3, and the end of The 100 draws near. To me, my spoilers!

Read more...

How to Customize Your Web Browser's Homepage (and Why You Should)
    Most of us open a web browser and either stare at whatever tabs we never closed or a homepage that’s not quite as customized as it could be. This is our launchpad for the web, which is why it’s important to make it as useful as possible.
    Read more...

Snag This HomePod for $100 Less and Enjoy Some Bonus Apple Goodies
    Apple HomePod | $200 | Best Buy

Read more...

JBL's New Speaker Lineup Is Frankly Just Here to Party
    JBL’s new speaker line wants to make you feel like the DJ of your own living room—or the great outdoors. There’s something for everyone here.
    Read more...

Hero Addresses Most Important Problem Facing the World Today
    There are a lot of problems in the country right now, from police shootings of unarmed civilians to a pandemic that has killed over 184,000 Americans. But one man in Lincoln, Nebraska, recently addressed a city council meeting to draw attention to the most important problem facing the world today: boneless chicken…
    Read more...

Your Blue Jeans Are Polluting the Arctic
    Since quarantine began, I’ve donned nary a pair of jeans. Sweatpants? Hell yeah! Dresses? Glorified pajamas, I say. But blue jeans? To sit on the couch all day? Couldn’t be me. Well, it turns out that by leaving my jeans in the closet and not wearing and washing them, I may be preventing itsy bitsy denim fibers from…
    Read more...

Sony's Popular 65-Inch X900F 4K TV Falls to $898
    Sony 65" X900F 4K HDR LED Smart TV | $898 | Amazon

Read more...

Woman Arrested For Facebook Post Promoting Anti-Lockdown Protest in Australia
    Police in Australia arrested a 28-year-old woman on Wednesday for publishing a Facebook post that promotes an anti-lockdown protest in the country’s state of Victoria. Footage of the arrest was captured by her partner and shows police officers handcuffing the woman and saying that she’s being charged with…
    Read more...

Sean Bean Looks Doomed Again in the Trippy, Intense Possessor Trailer
    Since its buzzworthy debut at Sundance earlier this year, genre fans have eagerly been awaiting the release of Brandon Cronenberg’s Possessor. The date is finally coming and a new trailer dives deeper into the terrifying tale.
    Read more...

Samsung's New 4K Ultra Short Throw Laser Projector Promises a Cinematic Experience for Small Spaces
    Samsung is adding a new projector to its home cinema gadget lineup with the Premiere, a 4K ultra short throw laser projector that will roll out worldwide later this year.

Read more...

Metal Gear Solid Sees Another Delay and Trivial Pursuit Embraces Horror in Gaming News
    Welcome back to Gaming Shelf, io9's column all about board games and tabletop roleplaying games. In this latest edition, we’ve got a board game about gods celebrating the wonder of dinosaurs, some awesome roleplaying dice inlaid with (fake) mosquitos, and another delay for one of IDW’s most anticipated games. Check it…
    Read more...

Thank God, We'll Play as the Interesting Hawkeye in the Avengers Game
    Sorry, Hawkeye. We’ll be playing as Hawkeye, please and thank you.

Read more...

This Vintage Goonies Featurette Is a Pure Shot of '80s Nostalgia
    Often times, a classic movie can help us time travel. It brings us right back to the instant we first saw it. Maybe you were with a special person. Maybe you were a certain age. But few things tap into nostalgia like a fan’s relationship to a movie.
    Read more...

Did You Fly a Jetpack Over Los Angeles This Weekend? Because the FBI Is Looking for You
    Did you fly a jetpack over Los Angeles at approximately 3,000 feet on Sunday? Some kind of tiny helicopter? Maybe a lawn chair with balloons tied to it?

Read more...

This $30 Fountain Pen Got Me Writing by Hand Again
    Lamy Safari Fountain Pen | $28 | Amazon
    Read more...

White House Says It Won't Help Global Vaccine Effort to Spite China, World Health Organization
    The U.S. won’t contribute to an international effort to develop a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes covid-19, the White House said on Tuesday, because it involves the “corrupt World Health Organization” and China.

Read more...

The CDC (Trump) Says It's Halting Evictions
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may or may not have the authority to halt evictions, but it plans to swing for the fences regardless. Effective immediately, it—or more accurately, Trump—plans to enact the sort of eviction moratoria tried in many states nationwide.

Read more...

Zuckerberg Drops $300 Million to Support U.S. Elections
    Citing the unprecedented strain the coronavirus has wrought on the U.S. election system, Mark Zuckerberg on Tuesday announced that he and wife Priscilla Chan are donating $300 million to increase voter turnout and bolster state and local election security efforts.
    Read more...

Gear Up and Get Your Game On in Today’s Best Xbox Deals
    Featured Deal: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (3 Months) | $29 | CDKeys
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Researchers May Have Found the First Treatment for Chronic Fainting

A pacemaker might help people prone to fainting stay on their feet more, according to preliminary research out this week. The findings from this study and others could very well lead to pacemakers becoming the first dedicated treatment for chronic fainting.

Read more...

An Ode to the Museum Scene in The Last of Us Part II
    Weeks later, I’m still completely stunned by it.
    Read more...

Tuesday's Best Deals: Razer Blade, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, AAA Batteries, Tacklife 800A Jump Starter, Kyoku Chef Knife, Bissell Robot Vacuum, AeroGarden, and More
    A Razer Blade gaming laptop, an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3-month membership, a sale on X-Men Dorbz, a 48-pack of Energizer AAA batteries, an 800A Tacklife T8 jump starter, a Kyoku Damascus chef knife, a Bissell robot vacuum, and an AeroGarden Harvest seed kit lead Tuesday’s best deals.
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trump Orders Federal Agencies to Stop Funding Anti-Racism Trainings, C

In another tacit admission that he believes American equates to whiteness, President Trump has ordered the cease and desist of any government funding for anti-racism federal training programs because they are “anti-American propaganda.”

Read more...

Marvel's Avengers Is Making Me Feel Like Superheroes Kill a Lot Of People
    Square-Enix’s Marvel’s Avengersestablishes early on that as you and the Avengers journey across the world on a quest to defeat MODOK, you’ll have to fight countless AIM-branded robots based on Stark technology that are all programmed to target Inhumans and eliminate heroes on sight.
    Read more...

What Outdoor Learning Could Look Like During the Pandemic
    Although we’ve been talking about how to safely reopen schools during the coronavirus pandemic for months, it can sometimes feel like we’re not any closer than we were back then. In recent weeks, schools in some states have opened their doors, employing a variety of measures to try to keep the virus out of their…
    Read more...

What I Learned From a Week of Responding to My Haters
    When you write about the climate crisis, getting hate mail comes with the territory. It shouldn’t, of course, but I’ve gotten used to it over the years. Mostly, I just brush off, though I’ll admit the occasional threats of bodily harm do get to me.
    Read more...

Get Your Caffeine Fix With Nearly Half off a Keurig K-Cup Coffee Maker
    Keurig K-Select Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker | $70 | Best Buy
    Read more...

Even a Federal Judge Agrees That the FBI and NSA Are Flouting Civil Liberty Safeguards
    The National Security Agency and Federal Bureau of Investigation violated thousands of people’s civil liberties by exploiting systems intended for sussing out foreign intelligence and criminal activity, a federal judge found per the Washington Post.
    Read more...

DoD: Sorry, Amazon, Microsoft's Still Getting That $10 Billion JEDI Contract. Sucks to Suck.
    After a monthslong investigation by the Pentagon, the Department of Defense said Friday that it’s sticking with Microsoft for its $10 billion cloud computing contract. And Amazon is not happy.
    Read more...

Sorry, That PS5 Is A Cake
    Last night, streaming platform Twitch held the first Chat Choice Awards, allowing viewers to vote for their favorite games live. It also teased the audience with what appeared to be a PlayStation 5, which sat in the background for two hours before finally being revealed to be an exceptionally large, elaborate cake.

Read more...

Super Mario 3D All-Stars Pre-Order Guide: Release Date, Price, Retailers, and More
    Pre-Order Super Mario 3D All-Stars | $60 | Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart

Read more...

Save Hundreds on Dell Laptops and Desktops Right Now
    Featured Deal: Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor + $100 eGift Card | $350
    Read more...

Joe Biden Touts Endorsement From the Guy Who Poisoned Flint, Michigan
    Joe Biden can, once again, fuck off. After spending months making overtures to environmental organizers about how he’s listening to them, creating a task force with Green New Deal-backing Sanders supporters and strengthening some parts of his climate plan, the Democratic presidential nominee seems to be taking that…
    Read more...

The Winamp Skin Museum Is X-Tremely Gnarly
    At this moment, thousands of people around the world are booting up the just-released remaster of the classic Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater video game and hearing those plinking Primus riffs on the soundtrack for the first time in a couple of decades. If you’re one of the people who are about to spend the weekend going…
    Read more...

6 Times Women Joined Forces to Face Movie Horrors
    Horror movies have been winnowing their casts down to a “final girl” since the 1970s. But as these more recent films show—on a list that includes two reboots of early slashers—the chances of survival are much greater when it’s a group of women instead... even if the dynamics within that group aren’t always peaceful.
    Read more...

Large Study Finds Link Between Hair Dye And a Certain Type of Breast Cancer
    A new large population study looks to clarify the theorized connection between hair dye and cancer. The study found no link between ever using hair dye and an increased risk of most types of cancer in women. However, it did find a possible relationship between hair dye and certain forms of breast cancer, ovarian…
    Read more...

The 10 Best Deals of September 4, 2020
    Friday’s Best Deals | Kinja Deals
    Read more...

Grab DJI's Osmo Action Camera for $122 off at Best Buy
    DJI OSMO Action Camera | $248 | Amazon
    Read more...

HBO Max's Ad Plan Is a Disaster
    As WarnerMedia gears up for the release of a planned ad model for its recently launched HBO Max product, its parent company has reportedly run into a number of problems—including the fact that absolutely no one wants ads on premium content, including some of HBO’s business partners.
    Read more...

Keep Pregnancy Tests Dumb
    I love a good teardown as much as the next gadget nerd, but two teardowns of digital pregnancy tests on Twitter illustrate how “technology” for reproductive health often misses the mark.

Read more...

'Stars and Stripes' Ordered to Stop Printing
    USA Today reports that in a recent, previously unpublicized memo, the Pentagon’s acting director of Defense Media Activity, Col. Paul Haverstick (Army), ordered the publisher of Stars and Stripes to present a plan to discontinue its print publication by September 15.

Read more...

Prison Phone App Exposes Millions of Inmate Messages and Personal Data
    As many incarcerated individuals are having their visiting privileges restricted due to the global pandemic, Telmate’s Getting Out app has become one of the only options that families separated by incarceration have to keep in touch. But according to research published today, hundreds of millions of intimate messages…
    Read more...

Convert Your Car or Wired Headphones to Bluetooth for $15
    1Mii Universal Bluetooth Receiver | $15 | Amazon | Use code
    Read more...

Facebook’s Militia 'Mistake,' FCC’s Speech Police, and TikTok’s Secret Sauce
    The never-ending battle over content moderation is only intensifying as we get closer to the 2020 elections and beyond. We’re trying out new formats to round up and summarize developments in this space—both in the interest of everyone’s sanity and to allow more time for the ramifications and context of the outcomes of
    Read more...

In response to BuzzFeed News’s statement that it will now primarily refer to QAnon as a “collective
    In response to BuzzFeed News’s statement that it will now primarily refer to QAnon as a “collective delusion” instead of a “conspiracy theory,” the Gizmodo Copy Desk is making the decision to call QAnon “the future of the GOP.”
    Read more...

Peloton's Plan to Meet Pandemic Demand: Cheaper Treadmill, Pricier Bike, and New Classes
    As gyms and boutique fitness studios throughout much of the country remain closed to avoid becoming covid-19 hot spots, home workout equipment sales have skyrocketed. Peloton, maker of a popular connected bike and extremely expensive connected treadmill, has benefitted from the forced shift to home fitness. Now the…
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lovecraft Country Is Getting to the Root of Everyone's Pain

Much as each of Lovecraft Country’s episodes have further expanded upon its strange world of eldritch magic and white supremacist occultists seeking to control it, the show’s never lost sight of the fact that it’s telling a complicated story about multiple generations of interconnected Black families working though…
    Read more...

The Cast of The Princess Bride Will Reunite for a Virtual Table Read to Benefit the Wisconsin Democratic Party
    The event will be a fundraiser for the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
    Read more...

Save Half off LG’s 55-inch Nano 8 Series 4K LED Smart TV
    LG 55-inch Nano 8 Series 4K LED Smart TV | $437 | Amazon

Read more...

What Would Happen If All Personal Data Leaked at Once?
    Subconsciously, on some level, we’re all waiting for it: the leak that wrecks society and confirms what we all know already, namely that the mass transfer of our inmost secrets/shames to Facebook, Google, et. al. was never not going to end in flames. Who among us will emerge looking halfway human, let alone “good,”…
    Read more...

There Is a Seed Mystery on Amazon
    Some people are apparently using Amazon to send thousands of seeds to recipients that didn’t order them in the U.S. This is more concerning than it sounds, and has prompted a stern response from Amazon: No more seeds from foreign sellers.
    Read more...

An Exploding Tundra, Voter Fraud, and Ancient Singing Dogs: Best Gizmodo Stories of the Week
    We’re in September, y’all. I just...I can’t right now. I keep remembering that fact when I feel the errant chilly breeze when I’m out walking my dog or catch sight of stores selling Halloween decorations and it keeps blowing my mind. Nine months! We’re nine months into 2020 and yet 2019 feels like a lifetime ago.

Read more...

Watching Adam Savage Spruce Up a Captain America Shield Is Strangely Relaxing
    Adam Savage of Mythbusters fame is a big nerd and an amazing craftsman. Watching him update a cosplay prop like a Captain America shield is watching a master at work.
    Read more...

Pharma Companies to Release Pledge Promising Not to Seek Federal Approval Until Vaccine Is Safe
    Pharmaceutical companies are aiming to assuage the public’s anxiety, ever inflamed by a selfish U.S. president, over the safety of coronavirus vaccines. To calm fears, big-name drug makers like Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna will sign a joint statement to demonstrate their commitment to safety and effectiveness.…
    Read more...

Sunday's Best Deals: Hisense 55-inch Smart TV, bObsweep Robot Vacuum, 4K UHD Laser Projector, Razer Kraken Headset, Bissell Upright Vacuum, and More
    A Hisense 55-inch Android Smart TV, a bObsweep robot vacuum, a Razer Kraken gaming headset, a Vava 4K UHD Laser TV Projector, a Bissell bagless upright vacuum, packs of K95 masks, and a SNAN bidet attachment lead Sunday’s best deals.
    Read more...

This VFX Reel Shows Some of The Mandalorian's Best Moments Coming Together
    We all know The Mandalorian was a VFX heavy show, relying on some really remarkable effects to build its world. But it’s another thing to see those effects come together to build something that feels real.
    Read more...

The Power of LG Compels You
    After showing a teaser video earlier this week, LG confirmed on Sunday that its upcoming smartphone with a swiveling second screen will be called the LG Wing. And while I can appreciate that they’re trying to change up the form factor in an increasingly crowded market of flipping and folding dual-screen smartphones,…
    Read more...

Hugo Weaving Was Nearly Set to Appear in the Fourth Matrix Film
    It just didn’t quite work out.
    Read more...

Try Out the Wildly Hard DragonCon Star Wars Trivia Qualifying Quiz
    Are you sure you know what droids you’re looking for?
    Read more...

Facebook Is Apparently Testing Out a New Feature That Puts Instagram Stories in Its Main App
    Facebook has made it no secret that it wants to entwine Instagram into its main blue app as much as possible (to some Instagram users’ chagrin.) Its latest experiment apparently involves putting Instagram stories directly on Facebook.
    Read more...

Teen Hacker Charged with Paralyzing Miami Schools in Embarrassingly Simple Cyberattack
    A Florida teenager allegedly used an embarrassingly simple program to launch a series of DDoS attacks that helped shut down one of the nation’s largest school districts for its first three days of virtual classes, the Miami Herald reported this week.

Read more...

See the Pencil Tests for Avatar: the Last Airbender's Best Fight Scene
    You’ve seen it in HD. You’ve seen the fan version. Now see the unfinished version. Which is, honestly, still stunning.
    Read more...

Epic Asks Court to Put Fortnite Back in the App Store While It Fights With Apple
    A week after the release of the latest chapter of Fortnite—which is not available on iOS or macOS because of the brawl between Epic Games and Apple—Epic Games is again asking the court to put its game back in the App Store. The developer claims it is being retaliated against for “daring to challenge Apple’s…
    Read more...

Facebook Blocks Suicide Livestream of French Euthanasia Supporter
    Facebook has banned a terminally ill Frenchman from livestreaming after he announced plans to broadcast his death on the platform, Agence France-Presse reported Saturday per French 24.
    Read more...

Basically Every Black Panther Comic Is Free on Comixology Right Now
    A fitting tribute for a King.
    Read more...

DC Fandome Returns Next Weekend for More Digital Convention Goodness
    With in-person cons off the table for the foreseeable future, a number of companies have been experimenting with making something like a convention via streaming. DC Fandome, to date, has been the only particularly successful one, effectively emulating the full experience for better or worse.
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Get Nike's Special Apple Watch Series 5 Model Up to $80 off

Apple Watch Series 5 Nike (40mm) | $425 | Nike
    Apple Watch Series 5 Nike (44mm) | $450 | Nike
    Read more...

Marvel's Avengers Is Making Me Feel Like Superheroes Kill a Lot Of People
    Square-Enix’s Marvel’s Avengersestablishes early on that as you and the Avengers journey across the world on a quest to defeat MODOK, you’ll have to fight countless AIM-branded robots based on Stark technology that are all programmed to target Inhumans and eliminate heroes on sight.
    Read more...

What Outdoor Learning Could Look Like During the Pandemic
    Although we’ve been talking about how to safely reopen schools during the coronavirus pandemic for months, it can sometimes feel like we’re not any closer than we were back then. In recent weeks, schools in some states have opened their doors, employing a variety of measures to try to keep the virus out of their…
    Read more...

What I Learned From a Week of Responding to My Haters
    When you write about the climate crisis, getting hate mail comes with the territory. It shouldn’t, of course, but I’ve gotten used to it over the years. Mostly, I just brush it off, though I’ll admit the occasional threats of bodily harm do get to me.
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Grab Your Plumber’s Cap for the Top Nintendo Switch Deals of the Day

Featured Deal: Yoshi’s Crafted World | $40
    Read more...

Twitter to Roll Out Prompt Warning You to Read the Dang Article
    Twitter is rolling out its system that warns its users that they’re huge dumbasses who might want to consider reading the goddamn article first, the company announced on Thursday. Basically, this is the 2020 equivalent of Microsoft Clippy asking “Are you sure you want to do that?”

Read more...

Twitch Is Winning The Battle Against QAnon, Despite Only Suspending A Few Far-Right Channels
    Earlier this month, Twitch temporarily suspended a channel called Patriots’ Soapbox. The channel is not enormous, generally pulling 20-50 concurrent viewers over the course of its 24/7 talk show-style streams, sometimes spiking into the 100 range. But Patriots’ Soapbox is notorious: Some credit the organization behind…
    Read more...

iOS 14 Update Fixes Bug That Borked Your Default Browser and Mail Settings
    The latest version of Apple’s iOS brought with it some nifty new changes that allow for customization of both home screens as well as apps themselves (in some cases, arguably too much customization). But one feature that allows iOS users to select their default browser and mail apps got borked after a reboot.
    Read more...

Sunday Scaries' 10mg CBD Gummy Bundle Aims to Put an End to, Well, Sunday Scaries for $37 (Baseball Cap Included)
    Everyday Scaries Bundle | $37 | Sunday Scaries | Promo Code ESINV25

Read more...

Don't Be Fooled by Reports on the 'New' Coronavirus Mutation
    A wave of attention is once again being paid to studies suggesting that the coronavirus behind covid-19 has mutated, possibly into a form that’s more infectious. But while the basic science of this research may be legitimate, it isn’t as worrisome as some headlines might lead you to believe—the virus is not becoming…
    Read more...

Nick Fury Rides Again With a New Disney+ Series Starring Samuel L. Jackson
    We’re about to learn a whole bunch more about one of the most mysterious men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Read more...

Shipt's 'Effort-Based' Pay Model Decided a 1,400-Item Order Was Worth About $20
    Target-owned personal shopping platform Shipt—which competes with the likes of Instacart—has been transitioning its markets to what it calls an “effort-based” wage system, dubbed V2. We, and the contractors who work for Shipt, have no idea how the new model determines pay. But a very unusual order sent to Gizmodo…
    Read more...

Razer Mamba Elite Wired Gaming Mouse Is Only $60
    Razer Mamba Elite Wired Gaming Mouse | $60 | Best Buy

Read more...

New Leaks Claim Pixel 5 Will Launch at $700 Sporting a New Sage Green Paint Job
    Ahead of Google’s Launch Night In event next week, it seems like everything is getting leaked, and following numerous sighting of Google’s upcoming smart speaker and Chromecast dongle, new info has surfaced regarding the Pixel 5.
    Read more...

Windows XP Source Code Leaked By Apparent Bill Gates Conspiracist
    It’s probably not the biggest security issue that Microsoft is dealing with right now but the software giant probably isn’t happy about it either way: This week, a torrent appeared online that contained the apparent source code for Windows XP, the extremely outdated Microsoft operating system that still runs on…
    Read more...

California’s Joshua Trees Become the First Plants to Receive Protections Due to Climate Change
    Western Joshua trees, those strange-looking, tall beauties of Southern California, are the first-ever plant species to be protected under the California Endangered Species Act because of the threat of climate change.

Read more...

Tenet Is a Frustrating, Convoluted Mess of a Motion Picture
    Have you ever had a great idea but not been able to clearly express it? Like, it’s right there on the tip of your tongue, but you just can’t find the words? Well, that’s Tenet in a nutshell. A movie obviously built on interesting, complex ideas, but with no clue how to put them into practice.
    Read more...

AirPods, MacBooks, and iPads (Oh My!): Today’s Best Apple Deals
    Featured Deal: iPad (8th Gen) | $299

Read more...

Walmart Spilled the Beans on Google's Next Smart Speaker a Week Early
    Google isn’t expected to announce its next smart speaker until Sept. 30 during its Launch Night In event, but it apparently that hasn’t stopped Walmart from spilling the beans a week early.

Read more...

New Mini-Moon Might Actually Be Old Space Junk Coming Back to Haunt Us
    Earth will soon welcome a temporary mini-moon, but this newly detected object, an apparent asteroid, might actually be of unnatural origin—a booster rocket dating back to the 1960s.

Read more...

Burger King's new $2 Snack Box is going to cost you a lot more than two bucks
    Burger King has launched a new “snack box” that sounds far too good to be true: 10 chicken nuggets, medium fries, a cheeseburger, and a small soda for the low, low price of $2. That’s right: two dollars. How can food be so cheap? People on Twitter seem have no idea and are freaking out about it.
    Read more...

How to Get SMS Text Messages on Your Mac
    If you have an iPhone and a Mac and use Messages on both devices, you’re probably used to seeing iMessages come through on the desktop or laptop without any issue. But texts from your Android friends? They never pop up.
    Read more...

Friday's Best Deals: Sony 75" 4K TV, The Child Pin Set, Everyday Scaries CBD Gummies, Face Shields, and More
    A Sony 75" 4K Smart TV and Star Wars The Child pin set lead Friday’s best deals.
    Read more...

Never Leave Your Charger at Home Again With This Cargo Backpack and Powerbank Combo for Just $15
    M-Edge Cargo Backpack With Powerbank | $15 | Meh

Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why Unions Are the Key to Passing a Green New Deal

There’s a persistent conservative myth that the clean energy transition must come at the expense of employment. Nothing could be further from the truth, though. The Congressional resolution on a Green New Deal, introduced by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey last February, includes a proposal guarantee…
    Read more...

Colin Trevorrow Hints at Jurassic Park's Trio Playing a Large Role in Dominion
    Giant swordpalooza Monster Hunters gets an official description. The Witcher loses a castmember for season two but Batwoman gains a couple. A Creepshow Halloween special is on the way to scare us, plus updates from Supernatural, The Boys and more. TGI-Spoilers!

Read more...

What's the Best Apple Watch for Most People?
    There are two brand new Apple Watches out now, the $400 Series 6 and the $280 Watch SE. Which one should you choose? Well, it kind of depends. (This is not a cop-out, I swear.)
    Read more...

How Android 11 Beats iOS 14 for Handling Messaging Apps
    Android 11 and iOS 14 are both here, and the software upgrades pack in a slew of improvements and new features for Android phones (er...some of them) and iPhones, respectively. Many of the tweaks and enhancements in Android 11 center around one particular area, though, and it’s an area where Google’s smartphone…
    Read more...

Grab a 75-inch 4K Sony TV For Just $998, Today Only
    Sony 75" X750H 4K Smart TV | $998 | Amazon
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Samsung's Galaxy Tab S7+ Is Simply the Best Android Tablet Around, War

Compared to the iPad Pro, sometimes trying to pick the best Android tablet feels like a consolation prize. That’s because while Apple has made major strides in turning the iPad into a proper laptop replacement with iPadOS 13 and 14, it feels like Android tablets have been treading water.
    Read more...

The 10 Best Deals of October 6, 2020
    Tuesday’s Best Deals | Kinja Deals

Read more...

DoorDash Wants a Big Wet Kiss on the Lips
    It’s become normal, thanks to Silicon Valley, for companies to periodically burst, unannounced, into our feeds to tell us they are ACTUALLY VERY GOOD FOR SOCIETY and then recede into shadows til the next battle with regulators. Why is DoorDash here, now, with a report telling us it saved the restaurant industry during
    Read more...

Save up to 30% on Anker Soundcore Speakers, Today Only
    Save up to 30% on Anker Soundcore Portable Speakers | Amazon Gold Box

Read more...

Razer's Dumb Light-Up Visa Card for Gamers Is Proof This Timeline Is Cursed
    Tech companies are really loving the idea of making credit cards. Apple did it, Google’s purportedly working on it, Samsung got on that train this summer, and just yesterday, Venmo announced it, too, making a card. But leave it to Razer to create the dumbest of them all: the Razer Card, a prepaid Visa cashback card…
    Read more...

The Bat-Family's Vehicles Are Getting Their Own Animated Kids' Show
    “Jingle bells, Batman smells.” But luckily the Batmobile didn’t lose a wheel—instead, it’s patrolling the streets right alongside the Caped Crusader. Warner Bros. Animation has announced Batwheels, a new children’s show about a bunch of talking cars that help Batman fight crime.
    Read more...

This Year's Hole in the Ozone Is Twice the Size of the U.S.
    If you’ve been looking to cast yourself into a deep hole from which you can never return (I have!), the one in the ozone layeris a prime choice right now.

Read more...

Beirut Blast Ranks Among History’s Most Powerful Accidental Explosions
    By analyzing videos uploaded to social media, scientists have calculated the strength of the blast that devastated the city of Beirut in August, finding it to be among the biggest non-nuclear explosions in human history.
    Read more...

Treat Your Wrists to the Best Ergonomic Keyboards, According to Enthusiasts
    Top Product: Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard | $130 | Best Buy
    Read more...

Apple's iPhone Event Is Oct. 13, for Real This Time
    Back in September, which seems like years ago but was actually just last month, we thought Apple’s Time Flies event might feature some new iPhones, though rumors had long swirled they would go on sale later in the fall due to coronavirus-related production delays. But the September event came and went without nary an…
    Read more...

The Witcher Season 2 Photos Highlight a New Witcher in Training
    Let’s be honest: Ciri didn’t get a lot to do in season one of The Witcher. Well, those days are gone. Netflix has shared the first look at Freya Allen in season two, and it’s clear Ciri is no longer running: She’s preparing for war.
    Read more...

Spotify Adds Ability to Search Songs by Lyrics and Launches New App
    This week, Spotify is rolling out the ability to find songs by searching for their lyrics. It’s a feature that’s been a long time coming and it will undoubtedly become second-nature for users in no time at all.
    Read more...

A Security Flaw Could Send Your Dick to Jail Forever
    If, for whatever reason, you’re debating whether to get a “smart” male chastity device, perhaps reconsider. What can be connected to the internet can be hacked—and that includes dick prisons and other teledildonic gadgets.

Read more...

Not Again
    There was one brief, beautiful week where Atlantic hurricane season let up after a staggering run of storms, and we could relax. That break is, unfortunately, over.
    Read more...

Skullcandy Lowered the Bar For Cheap Wireless Earbuds to Just $30
    Head on over to Apple’s website and you can get a pair of wired EarPod headphones, the same style the company usually ships with its smartphones, for $29. But for an extra dollar, you can head over to Skullcandy’s website and grab a pair of its new Jib True Wireless earbuds for just $30, and feel less guilty if you…
    Read more...

The Teracube 2e Is a Repair-Friendly Smartphone for Dirt Cheap
    One of the most frustrating things about being a smartphone use is how increasingly difficult it is to get a repair done on your device on your own terms—not to mention at a decent price. But newcomer Teracube is back with a second repairable phone, and besides its exceptional warrant and promise of easy repairs this…
    Read more...

The Latest, 8th Gen 128GB iPad Is Back in Stock—and $34 off—Bringing the Grand Total Down to $395
    iPad 8th Gen (128GB, Gold) | $395 | Amazon

Read more...

We Need More Movies Like Vampires vs. the Bronx
    Director Osmany Rodriguez’s Vampires vs. the Bronx is the sort of coming-of-age movie that there simply aren’t enough of. It’s about a bunch of Black and brown kids from a part of New York City that doesn’t get nearly enough love, who all know that there are plenty of important life lessons to be learned from comic…
    Read more...

11 Things You Can Do in watchOS 7 That You Couldn't Do Before
    Apple’s watchOS 7 upgrade for Apple Watches just rolled out, which means not only a freshly updated operating system for the recently launched Apple Watch Series 6, but also new features for Apple smartwatches stretching all the way back to the Apple Watch Series 3 from 2017. These are the new features you can make…
    Read more...

AT&T Just Screwed Over DSL Customers and Rural America
    As of Oct. 1, AT&T has stopped offering DSL as a new service, according to USA Today. Existing DSL subscribers, who connect to the internet via copper phone lines, will be grandfathered in. DSL is definitely old technology, but many people, especially in rural areas, still rely on it for internet access. Internet…
    Read more...

Sure Sounds Like Apple Is About to Launch Some Speakers and Headphones
    In what seems like an obvious sign that Apple has a few new audio products lined up to launch this fall, the company just cleared its digital and physical stores of nearly every speaker and headphone brand that could conceivably be considered a rival if Apple had some competing devices slated to go on sale soon.
    Read more...

Let Your Productivity and Fun Soar With a 32" QHD LG Monitor with HDR10 for $250
    LG 32" 1440p Monitor w/ HDR10, AMD FreeSync | $250 | Amazon

Read more...

CDC Finally Acknowledges That Covid-19 Can Be Airborne
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday updated its covid-19 guidance to say that the coronavirus can spread through aerosols, not just large droplets. This is an important distinction because it means that maintaining 6 feet of distance indoors is not always enough to prevent transmission. V…
    Read more...

Exxon’s Leaked Five-Year Plan Is a Climate Disaster
    Earlier this year, Exxon promised to slash its methane emissions and reduce its gas burning, but it seems it had some other plans in the works, too. New internal documents reviewed by Bloomberg show that the energy giant’s business plans would increase its carbon pollution by 17% by 2025. In total, the additions would…
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Apple Suspends Hardware Partner Over Labor Violations

Apple has temporarily cut ties with a major manufacturing partner after discovering it was actively covering up an untold number of student labor violations in multiple China-based facilities.
    Read more...

6 Excellent Jennifer Jason Leigh Sci-Fi Performances
    Jennifer Jason Leigh is incredibly versatile, with a career that’s spanned wildly different movies like Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Anomalisa, Single White Female, The Hudsucker Proxy, Dolores Claiborne, and The Hateful Eight. She’s not always the lead, and the films she’s in are not always masterpieces—but she…
    Read more...

Zoom Settles With FTC for Allegedly Lying to Everyone About Encryption
    It’s a bad day to be Zoom.
    Read more...

Save 25% on a 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD and Say Goodbye to Lengthy Load Times Once and for All
    Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD | $150 | Adorama
    Read more...

Arctic Researchers Are Racing Against Time to Retrieve Acoustic Devices on the Seafloor
    Last summer, researchers anchored underwater listening devices to the bottom of the Beaufort Sea in the Arctic. Now, they’re making the treacherous journey to pull them up to see what they can teach us about the climate crisis.
    Read more...

I'm Tired of Broken Smart Homes
    While smart homes can be pretty convenient, they also require a certain type of never-ending vigilance. Specifically, you have to keep up with which companies support what platforms, and if any mergers or acquisitions have royally screwed your entire setup. Then, you have to decide whether you’re going to go through…
    Read more...

Couple Who Pointed Guns at Protesters Sues Photographer Who Captured Them in the Act
    In a delightful act of copyright justice,Mark and Patricia McCloskey—the personal injury attorneys who became infamous for aiming firearms at Black Lives Matter protesters this summer from their castle mansion’s pristine lawn—have reportedly been sent a $1,500 bill for attempting to profit off one of the photos of…
    Read more...

This Tongue-Like Robot Gripper Can Slurp Its Way Into Tight Spaces
    In another example of unsettling biomimicry, engineering researchers from the University of New South Wales in Sydney were inspired by an elephant’s trunk and designed what looks more like a robotic tongue that can firmly grasp objects by wrapping around them like a snake.
    Read more...

It Looks Like Sony Made a Remote Play App for Streaming PS5 Games on the PS4
    For any PS4 owners who have already purchased or are planning on upgrading to a PS5, you may not want to throw your old console in the junkheap just yet as it appears Sony has made an app that allows you to stream games from the PS5 to the PS4.
    Read more...

Gamer Girls Grab an Aukey Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, 20% Off
    Aukey Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | $32 | Amazon | Promo code XW3AK636
    Aukey XL RBG Mouse Pad | $17 | Amazon | Promo code 66CSOJOE
    Read more...

The Green New Deal Didn't Sink Democrats
    The dust hasn’t even settled on the 2020 election (stares intently at Georgia’s two Senate runoffs), but the sniping has already begun. Establishment House Democrats who have either spent decades in Congress or ran as conservative Democrats spent the end of last week blaming progressives for the party running behind
    Read more...

Back to the Future's Michael J. Fox Has Sage Advice for Lil Nas X
    This weekend might have given us a light at the end of a long tunnel, but it doesn’t change the fact that 2020 has sucked. Luckily, Lil Nas X is here to warm up our season with a Back to the Future IIImeets The Santa Clause tribute starring none other than Michael J. Fox himself.
    Read more...

Zoom Stock Takes a Dive on Positive Coronavirus Vaccine News
    There’s never been a more joyous time to watch tech stock prices fall. As markets opened on Monday, Pfizer shared the news that a trial of its coronavirus vaccine had shown it to be 90 percent effective. American markets soared to all-time highs while many stocks that benefit from the public being holed up in…
    Read more...

Fight and Hack the System In Watch Dogs: Legion, Now Just $42 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X
    Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox One & Xbox Series X/S) | $42 | Eneba | Use code DOGSLEGION30
    Read more...

Monday's Best Deals: AirPods Pro, Watch Dogs: Legion, Crest 3D Whitestrips, Fenty Beauty Lipstick, Ninja Foodi Indoor Grill, James Bond Blu-ray Set, and More
    Apple’s AirPods Pro and Watch Dogs: Legion on Xbox One & Series X/S lead Monday’s best deals.

Read more...

Second Cable Fails at Arecibo, Causing Even More Damage to Famed SETI Dish
    Another cable has fallen onto the reflector dish at the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, in yet another frustrating setback for this beloved facility.

Read more...

How Excited Should You Be About the Pfizer Vaccine News?
    On Monday, pharmaceutical company Pfizer announced that its experimental vaccine against the coronavirus that causes covid-19 was shown to be highly effective in an early analysis of its ongoing Phase 3 clinical trial. The data underlying these results has yet to be verified by outside scientists and is preliminary,…
    Read more...

Somehow This Flexible Camera Strap Turns Into a Rigid Camera Support at the Flip of a Switch
    After buying a nice camera, it doesn’t take long to amass a mountain of “necessary” accessories to help you get the perfect shot. The Conda Strap is a clever alternative to a heavy backpack full of photography gear, instantly turning a flexible neck strap into a rigid camera support.
    Read more...

How to Sneak Fortnite on Your iPhone
    Fortnite’s iOS app is still banned from Apple’s App store, but that never stopped anyone clever.
    Read more...

New Black Widow Details Reveal Natasha's Ties to Her Past
    James Gunn got that new Xbox (oh, and he’s filming Peacemaker soon). Jurassic World: Dominion has finally finished filming. Mark Strong hypes up Cruella’s lavishness. Leslye Headland discusses the year she’s spent prepping her new Star Wars show. Plus, a tiny new look at Monster Hunter, and...gay vampires? Spoilers…
    Read more...

The Best Streaming Device on a Budget
    Run a Google search of streaming devices these days and you’re going to find a positively dizzying number of gadgets that essentially do the same thing: deliver your content. But they are all different. Some are dongles, some are sticks, and others are larger (and often pricier) streaming boxes. Some support premium…
    Read more...

The Oontz Angle 3 Is a Triangular Prism That Delivers Solid Tunes for $18, Today Only
    Save on Oontz Speakers and Earbuds | Amazon Gold Box
    Read more...

Can I Stop Big Data Companies From Getting My Personal Information?
    I am going to answer this one right here in the intro: no, you can’t. In 2020, it is hard to just to go to the grocery store without inadvertently surrendering 40 or 50 highly personal data-points on the walk over. Go ahead, delete your Facebook—it makes no difference. It wouldn’t make a difference if you’d never had…
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trump Launches New 'Voter Fraud' Hotline After Prank Calls Swamp Old N

President Donald Trump’s grumpy gang of dipshits set up a new hotline over the weekend for Americans to report “voter suppression, irregularities and fraud” during last week’s presidential election. The old number was inundated with prank calls, and the Trump regime has pledged to keep changing the number if the…
    Read more...

Dentist Gets Two Months in Jail for Treating Patients During Self-Quarantine in Australia
    A dentist in Perth, Australia has received two months in jail for treating 41 patients while she was supposed to be in two weeks of mandatory self-quarantine to prevent the spread of covid-19. The judge’s sentence is the harshest covid-related punishment passed down in Australia since the pandemic began earlier this…
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Stay Cozy Inside This Winter With a $500 Sharp AQUOS 70-inch 4K Smart

Sharp AQUOS 70" Class 4K HDR Smart TV | $500 | Best Buy
    Read more...

Attackers Dupe GoDaddy Staff Into Helping Them Take Down Cryptocurrency Services
    Roughly one year after a data breach at GoDaddy compromised 28,000 customer accounts, the world’s largest internet domain registrar is once again at the center of a security scandal. Hackers brought down several cryptocurrency services using GoDaddy domains in recent weeks, and apparently the company’s own staff…
    Read more...

California Says Tesla Workers Are Now ‘Essential,’ and Can Ignore Stay-at-Home Order
    Workers that make Teslas during the coronavirus pandemic are now apparently considered “essential” in the state of California, which has reported an average of 10,981 new covid-19 infections per day in the last week. This means that Tesla’s workers will not be affected by the state’s new limited stay-at-home order,…
    Read more...

It Doesn’t Matter If Trump Never Concedes, Twitter Is Giving @POTUS to Biden
    Outgoing President Donald Trump is set to receive a rude awakening on Jan. 20, 2021 on his favorite social media platform: Twitter. That day, Trump will no longer see a picture of himself on the popular @POTUS account—the official presidential Twitter account, although Trump prefers to use his own personal,
    Read more...

More States Are Offering Contact-Tracing Apps—Now if Only They Could Get People to Use Them
    Google and Apple rolled out their covid-19 contact-tracing APIs months ago for state officials to use in developing their own covid-19-tracking apps, but adoption has proceeded at a snail’s pace. Just 15 states and Washington, D.C. are currently employing the tech giants’ “exposure notification” tech while a handful…
    Read more...

This Video Takes a Tour of the Hidden Tunnels Underneath the Original Disney Animation Buildings
    What do Paris, Disney, and sprawling nuclear fallout shelters have in common? Catacombs!
    Read more...

We Need to Talk About Franklin
    Way back at the very beginning of Marvel’s Dawn of X, the Fantastic Four and members of the newly founded mutant nation of Krakoa crossed paths in a fateful, chance encounter that underlined just what it is about this new mutant age that scares the rest of the world so much. That subsequent tension between the…
    Read more...

What's the Best Monitor for Xbox Series X?
    The Xbox Series X is a rectangular monster when it comes to technical specs. Microsoft’s new console supports 4K and has the ability to output at 120Hz. That’s all exciting for the technical gamer who wants PC levels of power in a home console. There’s just one catch: it’s hard to find a display option that can take…
    Read more...

Channing Tatum Is Set to Star in a Monster Movie Produced by His Former 21 Jump Street Directors, Lord and Miller
    Cue “The Boys are Back in Town.” Channing Tatum is reuniting with his very funny former directors on 21 Jump Street, Phil Lord and Chris Miller, for another film. A monster movie.
    Read more...

The Last of Us Television Adaptation Is a Go at HBO
    From the mind behind Chernobyland some of the folks at game developer Naughty Dog, The Last of Us, the hit PlayStation series about a fungus-based zombie apocalypse, is officially making its way to television.
    Read more...

Saturday's Best Deals: TCL 50" 4K Smart TV, BarkBox Monthly Subscription Box, Succulents & Plants, SodaStream Kit, Fenty Poutsicle Lipsticks, and Dyson V10 Absolute
    A 50-inch TCL 4K smart LED tv and a SodaStream sparkling water making kit lead Saturday’s best deals.

Read more...

Amazon's Channels Platform Will Drop HBO Next Year as Part of HBO Max Deal
    Starting next year, you won’t find HBO among Amazon’s Prime Video Channels selection anymore, CNBC reports. That was apparently one of WarnerMedia’s conditions in the months-long negotiations to bring its subscription streaming service, HBO Max, to Amazon Fire TV devices.
    Read more...

The Coronavirus Has Once Again Contracted Trump
    The eldest Trump spawn, Donald Trump Jr., has reportedly contracted the coronavirus. Honestly, given the rate at which the virus has spread among the president’s staff and associates in recent weeks, is anyone really surprised?

Read more...

Save Big on Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, More in Sony's Black Friday PlayStation Deals
    Featured Deal: The Last of Us Part II | $30 | Amazon

Read more...

The Trump Admin Is Refusing to Give Full Cybersecurity Support to Biden's Transition Team
    President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team is using a “standard, paid Google workspace network” with only limited support from the federal government thanks to Donald Trump’s refusal to concede the 2020 elections and efforts to hobble the inbound Democratic administration, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

Read more...

Shop Early Black Friday Deals on Apple, LEGO, and PS4 Games in Amazon’s Holiday Dash Sale
    Holiday Dash Sale | Amazon
    Read more...

That Time Donald Trump Tried to Be Captain Planet, as Told by Barack Obama
    It’s Barack Obama book week. The former president’s new book, The Promised Land, dropped on Tuesday, and there’s a lot to pour over.

Read more...

The 10 Best Deals of November 20, 2020
    Friday’s Best Deals | Kinja Deals

Read more...

Deadpool 3 Finally Has Some Life
    The Merc with the Mouth may finally be making his way to Disney’s Marvel Studios.
    Read more...

Apple Defends Delay of iOS 14 Feature Limiting App Tracking, Blasts Facebook
    Earlier this year, human rights and privacy groups including the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Human Rights Watch wrote to Apple, asking why it was delaying the introduction of a feature that would force apps to receive explicit opt-in from iPhone users before tracking them. Apple responded, according to Bloomberg
    Read more...

Top VFX Company Attempts to Bridge Uncanny Valley, Fails
    Well, this is horrifying.

Read more...

The Mandalorian Brings Big Action and Even Bigger Mysteries
    Chapter 12 of The Mandalorian saw our hero return to a familiar planet, meet some old friends, and go on an old-fashioned Star Wars adventure. Along the way, he learned some crucial information about the Child, the Empire, and reignited an old rivalry that’s sure to shape the second half of the second season.

Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Trick Out Your Android Home Screen Like an iPhone

Android power users already know that you’ve been able to customize your home screens for, well, ever. But that level of personalization is often overlooked by many Android owners. I don’t know a single Android user—and I know many!—who actually deck out their home screens with custom icons, skins, or launchers. But no…
    Read more...

Peep At Your Neighbors Without Them Knowing With a Eufy WiFi Video Doorbell, Only $80
    Eufy Wi-Fi Video Doorbell (Refurbished) | $80 | Newegg | Code MKTCESL8PFJ8

Read more...

Boobs and What They’re Missing
    I will not knock a person for eschewing bras, particularly in the summer months when they join forces with the underside of your boobs to create a miasma of sweat and good intentions. I will especially not knock a person for eschewing sports bras, which attempt to turn your double outies into innies through the sheer…
    Read more...

Member Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Score Great Deals on Samsung Androids and Refurb iPhones Today

I’ve been successful at avoiding all things Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year, save for a small splurge on a cold-brew coffee maker. If you’re looking to upgrade your life in a bigger way—in the form of a new phone—you should know that you can get Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S20 Androids (the S20 and S20+) at their…
    Read more...

The Mandalorian's Filoni and Dawson on Why People Still See Ahsoka as a Jedi
    As The Mandalorian’s stakes have gradually risen with each episode, the series’ connections to the Star Wars franchise’s larger epic narrative have grown stronger, particularly as characters like Bo-Katan and important items like the Darksaber have been incorporated into the plot.
    Read more...

Young Americans Are Scared to Have Kids Because of Climate Change
    The world’s leading climate scientists have made it abundantly clear that the only way to avert catastrophic climate breakdown is to quickly decarbonize the entire global economy. But so far, world leaders aren’t making anything close to the necessary changes. To avoid subjecting any more people to a hellish future,…
    Read more...

Your Childhood Is on Sale at Amazon Because Tiger Electronics Games Are $10
    Tiger Electronics X-Men | $10 | Amazon
    Tiger Electronics Transformers | $10 | Amazon

Read more...

Looks Like Salesforce Is Buying Slack
    Cloud-based business software mammoth Salesforce is reportedly buying Slack, the searchable workplace chatroom interface for team organization and office-appropriate dog photos. This probably won’t impact the daily lives of us users, for whom Slack will remain a record where everything we say can be held against us in…
    Read more...

Nobody’s Gonna Miss You
    Cartoonish internet supervillain Ajit Pai, the Donald Trump-appointed Republican chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, announced Monday that he is leaving the agency on Jan. 20 before the incoming Biden administration shows him the door. Pai’s departure marks the end of an era at the FCC overshadowed by…
    Read more...

Please, Stop Adding Stories to Every Single App
    Et tu, Spotify?
    Read more...

Why Europe's Space Agency Is Spending $103 Million to Remove a Single Piece of Space Junk
    The European Space Agency has signed a historic deal with Swiss startup ClearSpace to remove a single item of space debris in 2025. The $103 million price tag is steep, but this mission—involving an orbiting, mouth-like net—could herald the beginning of an entirely new space industry.

Read more...

Monday's Best Deals: Lighted Pine Tree, Fortnite Switch, Nixplay Digital Frames, No7 Serum Sale, Anker Charger Gold Box, and More
    An Anker charger sale, Nixplay frames, and a Fortnite Switch lead Monday’s best deals.
    Read more...

The Asus RT-AX86U Is a Wi-Fi 6 Router That Doesn't Sacrifice Looks for Power
    Wi-Fi 6 has accelerated its creep into mainstream wireless networking, urged along by the similarly accelerating spread of gigabit internet. Until the last few months or so, purchasing a Wi-Fi 6 device has largely been a decision more about future-proofing and less about immediate gain. That’s quickly changing,…
    Read more...

The Walking Dead's Zombie Apocalypse Origin May Never Be Revealed
    For folks living in the world of AMC’s The Walking Dead, only three things matter: How do I survive, how can we fix this...and why is this happening? The last question might seem like the easiest one to answer, but it’s something TWD’s chief content officer Scott Gimple says we may never know.

Read more...

Hurricane Season From Hell Ends—With the Potential for Another Storm
    Atlantic hurricane season began early, ran wild all year, and is now, officially, at an end. Just don’t tell that to the actual Atlantic, which may well churn out another cyclone.
    Read more...

Keep Your Gadgets Going With up to 43% off Anker Gear at Amazon Today
    43% Off Select Anker Gear | Amazon
    Read more...

How Much Money Can You Make on TikTok?
    Can you make a living off of TikTok? Yes, but it ain’t easy—the viral video platform offers limited ad revenue to its creators, so you’ll need to rely on sponsored posts, merchandise, and thousands of followers before you can quit your day job.
    Read more...

First Images From Ryan Reynolds' Sci-Fi Project Reveal Time Travel Escapades
    Two folks from Marvel’s Thor universe hang out...what could it all mean?? The Walking Dead: World Beyond’s showrunner gives some big season two hints. Plus Sonic the Hedgehog 2 may start running pretty soon, Lucifer is about to have his hands full, and more. Spoilers away!
    Read more...

Moderna to Ask FDA for Emergency Authorization of Covid-19 Vaccine on Monday
    Biotech company Moderna will ask for an emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration for its covid-19 vaccine on Monday, according to a new press release posted to the firm’s website. Moderna also released new information indicating its messenger RNA-based vaccine has a 94.1% efficacy rate in a…
    Read more...

Now Is the Perfect Time to Revamp Your Digital Filing System
    Look, 2020 was supposed to be my year. I set out with what I thought were pretty reasonable New Year’s resolutions—one of which was to spend less time on my screens. And then the pandemic hit. During the endless hours that ensued, I noticed something: My digital filing system was a goddamn mess.

Read more...

No Socket, No Problem: This 10,000mAh Anker Power Bank Is Just $15
    Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 | $15 | Amazon
    Read more...

Why Do I Sometimes Feel Like I'm Falling for No Reason?
    To be alive is to feel fucking terrible, if not all then at least some of the time. Headaches, nausea, mysterious aches and pains—all conspire to make our short time on Earth something less than a nonstop thrill-ride. Worse than the routine ailments are the ones you can’t even name: sudden strobes of unwellness you…
    Read more...

Rahm Emanuel Rumored For Transportation Secretary Despite Embarrassing Flop With Elon Musk
    Rahm Emanuel, the former mayor of Chicago, is rumored to be president-elect Joe Biden’s pick for Secretary of Transportation, according to a new report from Axios. But Emanuel would be a very weird choice for the position, not only because the longtime political operative has quite a list of political scandals. One of…
    Read more...

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast