Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Congatec conga-SMX8-Mini is a SMARC 2.0 Module based on NXP i.MX 8M Mi

NXP i.MX 8M Mini is the first i.MX processor from the company to be manufactured using a 14nm process, which enabled a higher 2.0 GHz frequency for the Cortex-A53 cores. While it was announced in...

More...

Rock Pi X Intel Cherry Trail Board to Sell for as low as $39
    Most low cost (sub $100) single board computers are based on Arm processors because Intel processors are normally more expensive, but there are some exceptions with AAEON Up Board and Atomic Pi both...

More...

SKA100 Power Bank Supports 220/110V AC, 12V, and USB PD 3.0 / QC Outputs
    Power banks are normally comprised of a battery that you can charge from the mains, and then delivers power over USB when you connect it to your smartphone, tablet or camera while on the go. Some...

More...

Signet High-Capacity Thumbdrive Supports 2FA, Password & Secure Data Storage (Crowdfunding)
    Signet HC Crowdfunding Started The latest version of the Signet thumbdrive is the Signet HC. The HC has a number of enhanced features and a lower price point, making it an attractive alternative to...

More...

$70 NanoPi M4V2 SBC Gets 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, Power & Recovery Buttons
    FriendlyELEC NanoPi M4 is a Rockchip RK3399 single board computer that follows Raspberry Pi 3 form factor, and was launched in a year ago for $65 with 2GB RAM, and $95 with 4GB RAM. Raspberry Pi 4...

More...

Up2Stream Pro HiFi Audio Receiver Board Streams Audio over WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, or USB
    Last December, we wrote about Up2Stream WiFi audio module designed for people wanting to build their own DIY wireless speakers. The module is based on MediaTek MT7688AN MIPS processor with 64MB DDR2...

More...

Intel NUC 8 Rugged Fanless NUC is Powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 Processor
    Most Intel NUCs are cooled with a fan, and so far if you wanted a fanless NUC you had to purchase a third party enclosure. But Intel has been working on a new model named either “Chaco Canyon” NUC or...

More...

Daytripper Uses Laser Time-of-Flight Sensor to Hide Your Slacking Off From Your Boss
    Have you ever run into that awkward situation where you were actively busy doing something totally off company’s duties on the computer and got caught red-handed, or an unknown intruder...

More...

Rikomagic R6 Mini Android Projector Looks Like a Vintage Radio
    Rikomagic has been releasing Android TV boxes at least since 2012, but in recent years the company has also started to work on Android projectors, and a couple of years ago I reviewed Rikomagic RKM...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Atomic Pi x86 SBC Meets Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 in $99 Neural Com

IoT Team launched the $34 Atomic Pi SBC powered by an Intel Atom x5-Z8350 processor via a Kickstarter campaign last December. At the time, it only ships to the US, and looked too good to be true. But...

More...

OneMix 3Pro Mini Laptop is Powered by Intel Core i5-10210Y Comet Lake-Y Processor
    One Netbook has launched several mini laptops in the last couple of years including One Mix 2S Yoga, and more recently One Mix 3 Yoga powered by an Amber Lake-Y Core m3-8100Y processor. The company...

More...

MUSTOOL MT99 is a $14 Smartphone-shaped Digital Multimeter
    About a year ago we covered MUSTOOL MT8206, an inexpensive 2-in-1 multimeter & oscilloscope, and today we noticed another product from the company on Banggood. MUSTOOL MT99 is yet another cheap...

More...

NanoPi M4V2 Metal Case Kit Review – Part 1: Unboxing and Assembly
    Earlier this month FriendlyELEC released two new products namely NanoPi M4 metal case with heatsink and optional NVMe SSD adapter, and NanoPi M4V2 SBC, a minor upgrade to the original Rockchip RK3399...

More...

TechNexion XORE is a tiny NXP i.MX 8M Mini LGA System-on-Module
    There are several ways to design a system-on-module to carrier board interface, and the most common solutions are edge connectors (e.g. SO-DIMM), board-to-board connectors (placed under the...

More...

Beelink J45 Mini PC Review – Windows 10 Works as Expected, but Linux is Unstable
    Beelink has added a new mini PC to their ‘Gemini’ range (X45 and X55) namely the Beelink J45 (aka Beelink Gemini J45). What is rather unusual about the naming of this mini PC is that it uses the...

More...

NPi i.MX6ULL (Not So) Industrial-grade Linux SBC Starts at $39
    [Update: I was initially informed the temperature range of the board was -40°C to +105°C, but Seeed Studio issues a correction explaining the Core module itself is rated -20℃ ~ 80℃ temperature range,...

More...

MaaXBoard NXP i.MX 8M Raspberry Pi Compatible Board Runs Android 9.0 or Yocto Linux
    When we looked for information about PICO-PI-IMX8M single board computer, we noticed another Raspberry Pi shaped board powered by NXP i.MX 8M processor: MaaXBoard by Embest, an AVNET company. The...

More...

Blip Nordic nRF52840 Dev Board Includes STM32 Black Magic Probe Programmer & Debugger (Crowdfunding)
    The Latest Electronut Labs Nordic nRF52840 Based Dev Board Electronut Labs has started its Crowd Supply campaign for Blip, a Nordic nRF52840 based development board. With many onboard sensors and...

More...

WandPi 8M SBC Comes Back as PICO-PI-IMX8M with SoM & Raspberry Pi Compatible Baseboard
    Back in 2017, WandBoard announced the release of an upcoming Raspberry Pi like SBC based around the NXP i.MX8M Quad applications processor, ARM Cortex-A53 + M4 architecture and Vivante GC7000 GPU...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USB Armory Mk II USB Linux Computer Targets Security Applications (Cro

Back in 2014, Inverse Path launched USB Armory computer dongle running headless Linux from a MicroSD card and designed for security applications. The company got bought by F-Secure Foundry in 2017,...

More...

UDOO X86 II SBC Combines Intel Braswell SoC with Microchip ATMega32U4 “Arduino” MCU
    UDOO X86 development board was first introduced in a crowdfunding campaign in 2016 with a quad-core Intel Braswell processor coupled with an Arduino 101 compatible Intel Curie module for real-time...

More...

PineTime Smartwatch Specifications Released, Availability Scheduled for H1 2020
    A couple of weeks ago, we covered PineTime smartwatch for PinePhone Linux smartphone that should be launched next year for around $25. At the time we had limited information from a Tweet as well as...

More...

Sovol SV01 Review – A 3D Printer that Prints like a Boss
    Howdy, Karl here. Let’s do this backward today and give final thoughts first …I like the SV01 3D printer. With a print volume of 280x240x300mm, it’s a good size printer. I think I...

More...

Broadcom BCM7218X STB SoC Comes with AV1 Hardware Decoding, WiFi 6
    CNX Software first covered AV1 open-source, royalty-free video codec aiming to compete against H.265 and succeed VP9 in 2016. I also tried the reference implementation and both encoding and decoding...

More...

Geniatech SOM3399 RK3399 SoM Complies with 96Boards System-on-Module Specification
    96boards System-on-Module specification was introduced last April together with their first SOM-CA (2x board-to-board connectors) and SOM-CB (4x board-to-board connectors), namely TB-96AI &...

More...

Energous Launches WattUp Hearables Developer Kit with Near-Field Wireless Charging
    We previously wrote about Energous WattUp near, mid, and far-field wireless charging while covering SKIIN smart underwears that could be recharged using WattUp near-field wireless technology, but the...

More...

AAEON BOXER-8310AI Rugged Fanless Mini PC Combines Apollo Lake Processor & Myriad X VPU for AI Edge Applications
    We’ve covered several of AAEON rugged mini PCs part of BOXER-8100 family powered by an NVIDIA Tegra X2 processor and targetting AI Edge applications. The company has now introduced three new AI...

More...

Beelink GT-King Pro Android TV Box Features Amlogic S922X-H Processor with Dolby and DTS Licenses
    Amlogic offers variants of their processors depending on whether they come with Dolby and/or DTS licenses. For example, we’ve recently seen Amlogic S922XJ with Dolby license only for the...

More...

HealthyPi v4 Wearable WiFi Vital Signs Monitor Follows Raspberry Pi HAT Form Factor
    HealthyPi v4 Campaign Starts ProtoCentral has started a Crowd Supply campaign for the HealthyPi v4, its latest vital signs monitoring dev kit. The HealthyPi v4 is wearable, wireless, and can be...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default STMicro Launches the first 8-pin STM32 Microcontrollers

At the end of last year, STMicro introduced what they claim is the first 90nm mainstream microcontroller with STM32G0 Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU clocked at 64 MHz. At the time, the family included parts with...

More...

Piper Computer Kit 2 is a DIY Raspberry Pi 3 Computer for Kids’ Education
    Kids can easily build theirs own computer and then learn more about electronics and programming thanks to Piper Computer Kit 2. The kit is based on Raspberry Pi 3 SBC, a 9″ display, a power...

More...

HEGduino IoT Real-time Neurofeedback Platform Aims to Increase Brain Function (Crowdfunding)
    The HEGduino Alaskit has developed a way to measure the blood-oxygen levels in the brain and create a biofeedback system that is said to increase brain function. The new tech is called HEGduino and...

More...

PUCK 2 Bluetooth to IR Bridge Allows you to Control Appliances from your Android or iOS Phone
    We’ve already seen there are several solutions to control IR appliances such as air conditioners or (dumb) televisions via your smartphone thanks to solutions such as ZaZa Remote that adds an...

More...

Samsung Exynos 9611 SoC Targets AI Powered Smartphones with a Pro-grade Camera
    Silicon vendors are all launching new mobile processors with “advanced AI capabilities”, and Samsung has just announced another one of those processors with Exynos 9611 that upgrades on...

More...

PiCAN3 Board for the Raspberry Pi 4 adds CAN Capabilities plus a Real-Time Clock
    Copperhill Technologies has recently announced the release of its PiCAN3 CAN-Bus Board for the Raspberry Pi 4. The PiCAN3 adds Controller Area Network capabilities plus a real-time clock to the new...

More...

Spartan Edge Accelerator Arduino Compatible Board Combines ESP32 & Spartan-7 FPGA
    Xilinx Spartan FPGAs have been around for a while, and a few years ago we covered Spartan-6 FPGA boards such as Spartixed and miniSpartan6+. Seeed Studio has now launched another Xilinx Spartan...

More...

Camect is an Artificial Intelligence based Universal Camera Hub (Crowdfunding)
    Every day people are getting more concerned about the security of their homes, families, offices, properties, and other related belongings getting more people investing in products and services that...

More...

A95X Max Plus S922X TV Box Targets Gaming with Wii-like Motion Sensing Remote & Bluetooth Gamepad
    Unless a new processor is out, we don’t cover most TV boxes as they mostly provide the same features with little differentiation between products. But the manufacturer of A95X Max Plus TV box...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kodlix GK45 Gemini Lake Mini PC Supports up to 3 SSDs, 3 4K Displays,

Kodlix GK45 Mini PC with up to 3 SSD and 3 Displays Kodlix computers and accessories are designed for industry and home use. The GK45 is the latest mini-PC built for 4K video options and features,...

More...

Tuya helps you easily Design & Manufacture your own Smart Home Solutions
    I was recently informed about LSC Smart Connect 3 door sensor selling on Action discounter with over 600 stores across the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, and Poland. The...

More...

Giveaway Week – ANAVI Gas Detector Starter Kit
    Leon ANAVI makes from fun little boards for home automation, either ESP8266 based, or pHAT for Raspberry Pi boards. Earlier this year, I wrote about my experience getting ANAVI Gas Detector with Home...

More...

Allwinner H6 VC200-OS Processor is a Cheaper Version Allwinner H6 SoC without PCIe, GbE, Camera…
    Allwinner H6 SoC has been around a few years, first used exclusively in Zidoo H6 Pro TV box, but then finding its way into other TV boxes, and some single board computers such as Orange Pi 3 or Pine...

More...

HLK-7688A OpenWrt Development Board Comes with an Audio Jack
    We first tested MediaTek MT7688 MIPS processor in Mediatek Labs’ LinkIt Smart 7688 / 7688 Duo hardware development kits running OpenWrt in 2015 with the boards having a focus on IoT...

More...

NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX SoM Delivers up to 21 TOPS for AI Workloads at the Edge
    NVIDIA has just announced Jetson Xavier NX system-on-module, with the company claiming it is the “world’s smallest, most powerful AI supercomputer for robotic and embedded computing devices at...

More...

Giveaway Week – Maixduino Sipeed M1 RISC-V AI Kit
    For the fourth day of Giveaway Week, I’ll give out a kit comprised of Maixduino a RISC-V development board with AI accelerator in Arduino form factor, a camera, and a 2.4″ color LCD...

More...

DepthAI Brings AI plus Depth to the Raspberry Pi (Crowdfunding)
    Edge computing on the Raspberry PI has been a bit of ups and downs, especially with everyone gearing for AI in everything. The Raspberry Pi, on its own, isn’t really capable of any reliable AI...

More...

Quick Update for the AnyCubic Photon S Photon Workshop V2.1.17.RC1
    Just last week I did the first part of the review of the Anycubic Photon S. One of the pain points of printing was the long workflow. Chitubox Prusa slicer Photon File Validator Photon Workshop First...

More...

$1,000 Microsoft Surface Pro X Tablet is Powered by Microsoft SQ1 Arm Processor
    Arm Windows 10 laptops, tablets, and 2-in-1 hybrids have been around for a couple of years all powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon processors so far. Now Microsoft is launching Surface Pro X Windows 10...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Giveaway Week – MINIX NEO S1 USB-C Hub with 120GB built-in SSD

MINIX NEO S1 & S2 USB-C hubs come with either 120 or 240 GB SSD storage, as well as an HDMI output, 2x USB 3.0 ports, and a USB-C port for power. I reviewed MINIX NEO S2 in details with an SBC...

More...

YABA is a Backplane Architecture Controller for Automation and IIoT (Crowdfunding)
    Automation and IIoT Through YABA YABA is an acronym and a concept being developed. The acronym is Yet Another Backplane Architecture (YABA). The concept is to bridge the gap between PLC/PAC and open...

More...

How to install Duet 2 Maestro Board on HE3D K280 3D Printer
    Quite a while ago I reviewed the HE3D K280 delta 3D printer. Up until now, I did no mods other than the ones that I completed during the initial build. I have been very happy with it with the...

More...

Intel Gemini Lake Refresh Family Announced with 6 new Processors
    Intel Gemini Lake processors were first introduced in 2017, and we’ve gotten some interesting low-power mini PCs as well as SBCs such as ODROID-H2, albeit it was not with troubles since the...

More...

Giveaway Week – WisCellular NB-IoT & eMTC GPS Tracker
    Rak Wireless WisCellular is an NB-IoT & eMTC Arduino shield based on Quectel BG96 module with 2G fallback that is similar to the company’s previous-generation WisLTE board, except it is...

More...

AuverCare is a Predictive AI 24/7 Monitor for Patients and Elderly
    Information on the Internet for Monitoring Patients and Elderly If you are in the healthcare field or caring for an elderly or disabled person, you know all about trying to keep them safe. The...

More...

Fix for Raspberry Pi 4 4GB model’s USB Ports not Working on Ubuntu 19.10
    Ubuntu 19.10 server was recently released with official support for Raspberry Pi 4 SBC. Shortly after I read stories about the USB ports not working on the board, but it took another interesting turn...

More...

Sovol SV01 Upgrade with BigTreeTech SKR mini E3 Control Board
    Karl here with a quick upgrade guide. The one complaint I had in the review of the SV01 3D printer was it was loud. Today we are going to look at resolving part of the problem by replacing the...

More...

Digilent Offers 2 Zynq-Based Linux Development Boards Supporting SYZYGY Expansion
    Digilent Announces SYZYGY high-speed SBCs Digilent has announced two new SBCs that are ultra-high-speed and built to be more modular than its other boards. The company, which has a great deal of...

More...

Giveaway Week – Balena Fin Developer Kit
    We’ve been organizing “giveaway weeks” every year since 2014 on CNX Software to send some of the review samples to our readers. Let’s do it again in 2019 starting with Balena...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default BOOTPRINT X2 96Boards AIoT Development Kit Features Sunrise 2.0 AI Pro

Horizon Robotics BOOTPRINT X2 is an AIoT / AI computing development kit providing a complete reference solution from device to cloud integration. The board is powered by the company’s Sunrise...

More...

Pantahub Enables Seamless, Remote Linux Firmware Updates Over-the-Air
    Let’s say you’re running Raspbian on your Raspberry Pi 4 board, but would like to check out the latest Ubuntu 19.10 for the board. What would you normally have to do? After downloading...

More...

Intel Introduces Celeron 5205U & Pentium Gold 6405U Lower Cost Comet Lake-U Processors
    Intel officially launched the 10th Generation Comet Lake processor family at the end of September with a choice of Core i3, i5, and i7 processors with 15W TDP (Comet Lake-U) or 4.5~5.5W TDP (Comet...

More...

Anycubic Photon S Review – Part 1: Getting Started with an SLA 3D Printer
    Hey, Karl here with something different. I will be breaking this one down into at least 2 posts. There is a lot to cover. In this first post, I will be sharing my initial experiences with the...

More...

PrinCube Said to Be Smallest Handheld Smartphone Color-Inkjet Printer That Prints on Anything (Crowdfunding)
    PrinCube the smallest, color-inkjet printer on the market. PrinCube is a portable handheld color ink-jet printer that is palm-sized, wirelessly controlled by a smartphone, and easy to set up. The...

More...

F(x)tec Pro1 Android Smartphone Comes with a Sliding Keyboard
    Phones with a sliding keyboard used to be pretty common several years ago, but they all be disappeared in recent times. If you don’t like the software keyboard on the touchscreen and find...

More...

Olimex OSHW Allwinner S3 IP Camera Board in the Works – Feedback & Suggestions Welcomed
    Allwinner S3 Arm Cortex-A7 processor is designed for dual-camera systems and embeds 128MB RAM. It looks to be an evolution of the older Allwinner V3s chip that came with 64MB RAM and is...

More...

MINIX NEO T5 Google Android TV Certified Media Hub Launched for $85
    MINIX has been pretty busy in the last few months with the launch of their NEO J50C-4 (64GB) and NEO G41V-4 mini PCs, and the company has now just officially launched MINIX NEO T5, their first Google...

More...

Apollo Lake based AAEON VPC-3350S Fanless Industrial In-vehicle NVR Comes with 4 PoE Ports
    AAEON NVR VPC-3350S Industrial In-Vehicle The AAEON fanless industrial network video recorder has joined the ranks of such NVR’s as the Solidrun Clearfog GTR A385, which was reported just...

More...

Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n Nano IoT Fanless Mini PC is Powered by an Intel Whiskey Lake Processor
    We’ve been covering mini PCs for several years, but I’ve just noticed we never wrote about Lenovo mini PCs probably as they were no that small, and higher price points. But today,...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NanoPi NEO2 Black Arm Linux SBC for Headless Applications Launched for

NanoPi NEO2 Black is an Allwinner H5 SBC designed for headless applications that improves on the existing NanoPi NEO2 board by adding an eMMC flash module support, and higher memory capacity (up to...

More...

The Case for Running Chromium OS on IoT Devices
    The concept of Chromium OS for IoT was presented by Linaro Veteran Khasim Syed Mohammed at Linaro Connect 2019, In his presentation, he talked about the possibilities and advantages of using...

More...

MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Arm Cortex-A77/A55 SoC Targets Premium Phones with 5G, WiFI 6
    Arm unveiled Arm Cortex-A77 core and Mali-G77 GPU last May with a 20% boost in performance compared to Cortex-A76 with about the same efficiency. A few days later, MediaTek announced its plans to...

More...

AAEON BOXER-8220AI Embedded Box PC Features NVIDIA Jetson Nano, 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
    AAEON has launched several AI Boxer-8000 series embedded box PCs based on Intel processors plus AI accelerator, or NVIDIA Jetson TX2. The company has now introduced a new model – BOXER-8220AI...

More...

NanoPi M4B Rockchip RK3399 SBC Drops the USB 3.0 Hub, Adds Bluetooth 5.0, an ADB Switch
    NanoPi M4 was launched last year (2018) as a Rockchip RK3399 SBC following Raspberry Pi 3B+ form factor with 2 or 4GB DDR3 RAM, and was followed by NanoPi M4V2 this September with 4GB LPDDR4 memory,...

More...

AOPEN Chromebox Mini is Designed for Digital Signage and Kiosks
    Most ChromeOS devices are designed for either the consumer or educational markets, but Google’s operating system can also be used for commercial applications such as digital signage. A cheap...

More...

Pocket Popcorn Computer Handheld Linux Computer Looks Like an Improved, Faster PocketCHIP (Crowdfunding)
    PocketCHIP was a Linux handheld computer powered by Allwinner R8/GR8 Cortex-A8 based CHIP board. The battery-powered device came with a small resistive display, 512 MB RAM, 4GB NAND flash, and a...

More...

Lenovo Enters the SBC Market with Leez LP710 RK3399 Board
    It’s always interesting to look into mainline Linux changelog either to find out about new software features, but also new hardware platform. And earlier today, I wrote about Linux 5.4 release,...

More...

Linux 5.4 Release – Main Changes, Arm, MIPS & RISC-V Architectures
    Linus Torvalds has just announced the release of Linux 5.4: Not a lot happened this last week, which is just how I like it. And as expected, most of the pull requests I got were for the 5.5 merge...

More...

Galerdo AI Swimming Tracker Gives Audio Feedback, Plays Music – No Ear Buds Needed (Crowdfunding)
    Galerdo Beker Pro Galerdo is a simple to use, swimmers attendant, that holds tight to the head and collects data. It offers interactive audio, AI advice underwater and even plays music through...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MINIX NEO G41V-4 Mini PC Review – Part 2: Windows 10 Pro

MINIX NEO G41V-4 is the latest mini PC from the Hong Kong-based company, and this time they’ve gone fanless with a new design that should allow proper cooling with a large heatsink, plenty of...

More...

Getting Started with Embedded Linux on RISC-V in QEMU
    RISC-V is getting more and more popular, but if you want to run Linux on actual hardware it’s currently fairly expensive since you either need to rely on HiFive Unleashed SBC ($999), or...

More...

webOS OSE 2.0 Adds Support for Rapsberry Pi 4, Dual Displays, FOTA and More
    Back in March 2018, LG unveiled webOS Open Source Edition optimized for Raspberry Pi 3 board. Last month, the company released a major version with webOS OSE 2.0 adding support for Raspberry Pi 4,...

More...

Zidoo M9 is a Rockchip RK3399 TV Box/Mini PC/SBC with Android 7.1 + SDK
    Zidoo has launched several TV boxes running Android over the years, some of which we reviewed such as Zidoo X9 (2015), or Zidoo H6 Pro. They also have experience launched dual-OS systems with Android...

More...

STMicro Introduces the World’s First 4Mbit SPI EEPROM
    EEPROM chips are often used to store configuration information and connected over I2C. But there are also SPI EEPROM, and STMicro has just announced one of the largest ones with M95M04-DR 4-Mbit...

More...

One Mix 3 Pro Comet Lake Mini Laptop Launched for $960
    There have been several mini laptops from GPD, Chuwi, and One Netbook launched over the last few years. One Netbook One Mix 3Pro is one of the most powerful with one of the latest Comet Lake...

More...

Magicsee N5 Plus Amlogic S905X3 TV Box Comes with a 2.5″ SATA HDD/SSD Bay
    Amlogic S905X3 TV boxes have been announced since June. S905X3 is Amlogic’s first Arm Cortex-A55 processor and targets 4K UHD HDR TV boxes. If you plan to play files locally, you may do so from...

More...

Khadas VIM3 NPU ToolKit Release & Video Demo
    Khadas VIM3 board based on Amlogic A311D processor with a 5TOPS Neural-network Processing Unit (NPU) launched last June. We’ve reviewed VIM3 with Android 9 shortly after launch, but until...

More...

Zsync HTTP-based File Transfer Utility Transfers Large Files Efficiently
    Zsync is an opensource file transfer utility built on top of rsync algorithm. This helps to download partial/differential files over the HTTP protocol. The utility allows downloading only new parts...

More...

Boardcon EM-IMX8M-MINI SBC Drives a MIPI DSI Display via NXP i.MX 8M Mini Processor
    We’ve been covered SBC’s and SoM’s from Boardcon for at least 5 years, with our latest article detailing Boardcon Idea3399 SBC powered by Rockchip RK3399 processor, and launched...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Centaur Unveils an x86 SoC with Integrated AI Coprocessor

Artificial intelligence is handled at different levels in the ecosystem with ultra-powerful systems in the cloud equipped with dedicated hardware such as FPGA or GPU cards, while on the other side of...

More...

BlitzWolf BW-PCM1 is an Inexpensive 11.6″ Portable Display
    The BlitzWolf Portable Display The BlitzWolf BW-PCM1 is an 11.6″ portable monitor designed for function and performance. The versatile screen has a number of features that other portable...

More...

Bangle.js is an Hackable, Open Source JavaScript and TensorFlow-driven Smartwatch (Crowdfunding)
    Espruino brought JavasScript to the Microcontroller, now Bangle.js is bringing Javascript plus TensorFlow Lite to your smartwatch. There has been some movement by some developers that says that...

More...

Orange Pi 4/4B SBC Comes with Rockchip RK3399 SoC, Gyrfalcon 2801S NPU
    Shenzhen Xunlong Software’s Orange Pi RK3399 single board computer launched in early 2018 with 2GB RAM for $109, and earlier this year, the company launched an updated version with 4GB RAM and...

More...

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 – International Deals
    As every year, November is the month of deals. With Single’s Day 2019 behind us, it’s time to look ahead for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There will be plenty of deals in the US, but in...

More...

Some FUJITSU FUTRO Thin Clients are Powered by Intel Gemini Lake Refresh SoC’s
    Six new Intel Gemini Lake Refresh processors were just announced a couple of weeks ago, and some of the first systems to feature the processor are part of FUJTISU Thin Client FUTRO family. Three...

More...

Lightspeeur 5801 AI Accelerator Delivers 2.8 TOPS at 224 mW of Power
    Announced in 2017, Gyrflacon LightSpeeur 2801 AI Accelerator could deliver 2.8 TOPS at 0.3 Watts of power. It’s now found in Orange Pi AI Stick Lite computer stick selling for around $20. Since...

More...

Shine Assistant AI-Powered Toilet Cleaning System Aimed at the Mass Market (Crowdfunding)
    Shine Assistant AI For The Bathroom Entering the consumer market with an AI device can be tricky, it is difficult to explain how and why they work. Shine Bathroom has entered into the arena of smart...

More...

Nordic Semi nRF5340 Dual Arm Cortex-M33 SoC Supports Bluetooth 5.1/Mesh, NFC, Thread & Zigbee
    After introducing nRF52833 WiSoC with Bluetooth 5.1 direction-finding support last month, Nordic Semiconductors has now launched another multi-protocol wireless SoC with nRF5340 featuring two Arm...

More...

PinePhone “BraveHeart” Limited Edition Linux Smartphone is Now Available for $150
    Pinephone is a Linux smartphone powered by an Allwinner A64 processor, and running one of the various Linux mobile distributions such as PostmarketOS or Ubuntu Touch among others. Last time we wrote...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SwitchTrick Switching Power Supply Board Helps you Test your Breadboar

We’ve covered several power supplies for breadboards over the years including toaster breadboard power supply with variable voltage output, or the portable, battery-powered MEGO power supply...

More...

This Business Card is a $3 Linux Computer Powered by Allwinner F1C100s SoC
    The smallest, thinnest Linux computer There are many business card-sized SBCs, like RPi 4. But George Hillard, an embedded systems engineer decided it would be interesting to build an actual...

More...

Zidoo M9 Mini PC Review – Part 1: Unboxing & Teardown
    Over the years, Zidoo has made TV boxes for the consumer market, and digital signage players for businesses. The recently announced Zidoo M9 aims at both markets, plus other applications such as IoT,...

More...

SH72 Soldering Iron Looks Similar to TS100, Sells for around $10
    TS100 is a popular soldering iron in the shape of a pen, and whose temperature is controlled by an STM32 microcontroller. Parameters such as temperature, temperature steps, sleep time and others can...

More...

MediaPipe is an Open Source Perception Pipeline Framework Developed by Google
    MediaPipe is an open-source perception pipeline framework introduced by Google, which helps to build multi-modal machine learning pipelines. A developer can build a prototype, without really getting...

More...

Some Interesting Talks from FOSDEM 2020 Schedule
    We wrote about IoT devroom call for proposals for FOSDEM 2020 a little while ago, and as the free open-source developer meetup is getting closer, FOSDEM 2020 organizers released the schedule. So...

More...

Z-Wave Open Standard to Enable Third-Party Z-Wave Silicon and Stack Suppliers
    Roughly one year ago, Silicon Labs released a publicly available Z-Wave SDK and a Raspberry Pi 3 Image to make it easier to work with the wireless protocol targetting home automation. But Z-Wave...

More...

$3 STM32 “Black Pill” Board Features STM32F4 Cortex-M4 MCU, Optional SPI Flash
    STM32 “Blue Pill” is a popular, and cheap (>$2) development board based on STMicro STM32F103C8T6 Arm Cortex-M3 microcontroller and programmable with the Arduino IDE. I’ve just...

More...

Banana Pi BPI-F2S Industrial SBC Launched for $58 with Linux 4.19 based Debian or Fedora OS
    Last month we covered Banana Pi BPI-F2S single board computer (SBC) for industrial, IoT, and smart audio application that was powered by the intriguing SunPlus SP7021 “Plus1” processor...

More...

Seeeduino Crypto Board Combines Microchip ATmega4809 MCU and ECC608 Crypto Chip
    With the advance of IoT, security has become critical since devices are often connected to the Internet. There are several ways to improve security and one of them is to implement hardware security...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tasmota Open Source ESP8266 Firmware Now Supports Zigbee Connectivity

Sonoff-Tasmota is a popular open-source firmware designed to run on ESP8266 hardware for home automation projects. It was initially designed to run on devices from ITEAD Studio Sonoff family but now...

More...

SDMC DV8919 Amlogic S905X4 Android TV 10 TV Box Supports AV1 Decoding
    We’ve previously covered several TV box & set-top box SoCs with support for the royalty-free AV1 video codec including Broadcom BCM7218X SoC, and Amlogic S805X2, S905X4, and S908X...

More...

Beelink T45 Review with Windows and Linux, and Tweaking BIOS Power Limits
    [Update December 23, 2019: We’ve been informed by Beelink that the T45 has been updated to the 6W Celeron N4200 processor instead, and the system is now cooled with a fan. The model reviewed in...

More...

UNISOC V5663 Arm Cortex-M33 AIoT SoC Comes with 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.1
    UNISOC has launched a new processor for AIoT (Artificial Intelligence + IoT) applications with V5663 dual-core Cortex-M33 processor, supports for dual-band WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.1, and audio features...

More...

Project Connected Home over IP (CHIP) Working Group is Backed by Google, Apple, Amazon, and the Zigbee Alliance
    Amazon, Apple, Google, and Zigbee Alliance have partnered to create Project Connected Home over IP (CHIP) working group aiming to develop a royalty-free, Smart Home standard to increase compatibility...

More...

MCCI Sells a $795 USB4 Switch for USB4 Product Development
    The USB4 specification was officially released last September with the new standard promising speeds of up to 40 Gbps and up to 100 Watts power delivery over USB-C connectors. MMCI is now offering a...

More...

Energous Launches WattUp Smart Glasses Developer Kit for Customer Product Designs
    Near-field wireless charging technology has the potential to disrupt the consumer electronics industry, but its adoption has been limited. Energous wireless charging technology WattUp has promised to...

More...

RAK7244 LoRaWAN Developer Gateway Combines Raspberry Pi 4 with LoRa HAT, Optional 4G LTE Connectivity
    After launching RAK831 Lite LoRaWAN gateway based on Raspberry Pi 3 board in 2018, RAK Wireless introduced Pilot Gateway Pro RAK7243 gateway with the more recent Raspberry Pi 3B+ SBC earlier this...

More...

ANAVI Miracle Controller WiFi Board Drives Addressable LED strips (Crowdfunding)
    Last year, we wrote a tutorial showing how to control an RGB LED strip Control ANAVI Light ESP8266 controller. The board only works with standard non-addressable 12V LED strips however, and Leon...

More...

JBL Reflect Eternal are Self-Charging, Solar-Powered Headphones (Crowdfunding)
    JBL REFLECT Eternal Self-Charging Headphones A simple solution to the constant problem of having to charge wireless earbuds is to make it so they never need a charge, at all. That means do not use an...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Raspberry Pi Power Management HAT Adds RTC, Battery Management, Softwa

If your Raspberry Pi project runs on battery, but may not need to be turned on 24/7 in order to lower power consumption, you’d have to find a way to schedule on and off times, and power off the...

More...

Nebula Cosmos Max 4K Video Projector is Powered by Amlogic T962X2 Processor (Crowdfunding)
    Amlogic recently launched its first Cortex-A55 processors for TV boxes with S905X3, S905Y3 & S905D3 quad-core processors, but as noted by one commenter Amlogic already had some other Cortex-A55...

More...

Serpente R2 Microchip SAMD21 Board Features a Male USB Type-C Port
    Development boards with a USB Type-C port for power and programming are becoming more common, most in most cases with a female USB-C port. Designed by arturo182, Serpente R2 CircuitPython prototyping...

More...

UP Xtreme Edge (UPX-Edge) Embedded Computer is Built around UP Xtreme Whiskey Lake SBC
    AAEON UP Xtreme SBC was launched last June with a choice of 15W Whiskey Lake processors, namely Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core processor, Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core 4-thread processor, Intel Core...

More...

BOKRA NXP LPC824 and Nordic nRF52832 powered MCU Modules Follow MikroBUS Form Factor
    We first wrote about MikroElectronika MikroBUS socket in 2015 while covering an SBC which featured one MikroBUS socket supporting one of the 150 Click boards available at the time. There are now over...

More...

NORVII IIoT ESP32 Industrial Controller Comes with Built-in OLED or TFT Display, DIN Rail Mount
    We’ve previously covered at least one ESP32 industrial controller with TECHBASE Moduino X equipped with digital and analog I/O terminals, a 0.96″ OLED display, and support for various...

More...

Trion T20 BGA256 FPGA Development Kit Supports “PulseRain Reindeer” RISC-V RV32IM soft CPU
    A few months ago I wrote about FireAnt low-cost FPGA development board powered by Efinix Trion T8 FPGA, and it was the first time I personally heard about the company. Trion FPGA family range from...

More...

OpenWiFi Open-Source Linux-compatible WiFi Stack Runs on FPGA Hardware
    WiFi is omnipresent on most connected hardware, and when it works it’s great, but when there are issues oftentimes they can not be solved because the firmware is a closed-source binary. I...

More...

ProteusDevice Secure, Open-Source Linux Handheld Features Ethernet Connectivity
    ProteusDevice XXLSEC Ltd., the developer of the Privecall-TX device, has developed a near-identical, slightly bigger ProteusDevice, which runs the Linux 5.4 based PriveOS. The ProteusDevice handheld...

More...

Onion Omega2 Dash Enables Touch-based UI’s, Features Omega2S WiFi Module (Crowdfunding)
    Onion, the team behind the Omega2 series self-styled computing modules has launched the Omega2 Dash a self-contained Omega2S module with a touchscreen. Unlike some modules integrating with a display...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Year 2019 in Review – Top 10 Posts and Stats

2019 is closing to an end, or you may already be into 2020 while reading this post. In any case, that means it’s time to look back at 2019 and look forward to the events and new products to...

More...

OnLogic Introduces Four Apollo Lake Pico-ITX SBC’s with Integrated Heatsink
    We previously covered some Apollo Lake Pico-ITX boards with the likes of GIGABYTE GA-PICO3350 or AAEON PICO-APL3 motherboards, but there are now more options with OnLogic – formerly known as...

More...

$18 TTGO T-Wristband DIY Arduino Programmable Smart Bracelet Features ESP32-PICO-D4 SiP
    2020 is promising to be an interesting year for low-cost user-flashable smartwatches/bracelets. After the recent introduction of the $25 Pine64 PineTime Bluetooth enabled wearable companion for...

More...

How to Extract Data from a Form in ONE SECOND! Develop Your PDF Skills NOW
    Note: this post has been sponsored by Wondershare. PDF is a great format for any type of document containing text, images, tables, and other complex content formats in one single file type. However,...

More...

UL IoT Security Rating System Ranks IoT Devices Security from Bronze to Diamond
    Underwriters Labs (UL) is better known for its electrical safety certification programs, but in 2016, the company introduced three UL 2900 IoT security standards that defined requirements of software...

More...

Dragino RS485-LN Brings LoRaWAN Connectivity to RS485 Sensors
    RS485 sensor nodes are often used in smart agriculture, environment monitoring, or factory & building automation and work up to 1.2 km when using AWG 18 cables. If you already have such nodes but...

More...

ESPRESSOBin ULTRA Gateway Features 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports, WiFi 5, Supports 4G LTE Cellular Connectivity
    Marvell ESPRESSOBin networking board launched in 2016 for as little as $39 with an Armada 3700LP (88F3720) dual-core Arm Cortex A53 processor, up to 1GB RAM, three Gigabit Ethernet ports, SATA, and...

More...

Kospet Prime SE Smartwatch with Face Unlock Runs Android 7.1.1
    The Face ID Unlock Technology in a Smartwatch Kospet, the maker of smartwatches, has developed the Kospet Prime SE, a smartwatch phone with Face Unlock/Face ID technology. The watch is sleek and not...

More...

NanoVision & NanoBerry Miniature Computer Vision Evaluation Kits Released For Arduino & Raspberry Pi Platforms
    AMS (Austria Mikro Systeme) known for their array for micro sensing solutions and most importantly the NanEye, a Miniature CMOS image sensor which is designed for applications where size is a...

More...

$55 ODROID-GO Advance Linux based Retro Game Console is Powered by Rockchip RK3326 Processor
    Last year, Hardkernel took some time away from Arm and x86 Linux SBCs with the launch of ODROID-GO retro game console powered by Espressif Systems ESP32 processor. The console could be programmed...

More...

NewsBot Addicted Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Inkplate 6 ESP32 Wireless e-Paper Display Recycles Kindle E-reader (Cr

Inkplate 6 wireless display is made from recycled e-Paper display taken from a used Amazon Kindle E-reader and adds WiFi (and Bluetooth) connectivity thanks to an ESP32-WROVER module featuring...

More...

This Business Card is a $3 Linux Computer Powered by Allwinner F1C100s SoC
    The smallest, thinnest Linux computer There are many business card-sized SBCs, like RPi 4. But George Hillard, an embedded systems engineer decided it would be interesting to build an actual...

More...

Zidoo M9 Mini PC Review – Part 1: Unboxing & Teardown
    Over the years, Zidoo has made TV boxes for the consumer market, and digital signage players for businesses. The recently announced Zidoo M9 aims at both markets, plus other applications such as IoT,...

More...

SH72 Soldering Iron Looks Similar to TS100, Sells for around $10
    TS100 is a popular soldering iron in the shape of a pen, and whose temperature is controlled by an STM32 microcontroller. Parameters such as temperature, temperature steps, sleep time and others can...

More...

MediaPipe is an Open Source Perception Pipeline Framework Developed by Google
    MediaPipe is an open-source perception pipeline framework introduced by Google, which helps to build multi-modal machine learning pipelines. A developer can build a prototype, without really getting...

More...

Some Interesting Talks from FOSDEM 2020 Schedule
    We wrote about IoT devroom call for proposals for FOSDEM 2020 a little while ago, and as the free open-source developer meetup is getting closer, FOSDEM 2020 organizers released the schedule. So...

More...

Z-Wave Open Standard to Enable Third-Party Z-Wave Silicon and Stack Suppliers
    Roughly one year ago, Silicon Labs released a publicly available Z-Wave SDK and a Raspberry Pi 3 Image to make it easier to work with the wireless protocol targetting home automation. But Z-Wave...

More...

$3 STM32 “Black Pill” Board Features STM32F4 Cortex-M4 MCU, Optional SPI Flash
    STM32 “Blue Pill” is a popular, and cheap (>$2) development board based on STMicro STM32F103C8T6 Arm Cortex-M3 microcontroller and programmable with the Arduino IDE. I’ve just...

More...

Banana Pi BPI-F2S Industrial SBC Launched for $58 with Linux 4.19 based Debian or Fedora OS
    Last month we covered Banana Pi BPI-F2S single board computer (SBC) for industrial, IoT, and smart audio application that was powered by the intriguing SunPlus SP7021 “Plus1” processor...

More...

Seeeduino Crypto Board Combines Microchip ATmega4809 MCU and ECC608 Crypto Chip
    With the advance of IoT, security has become critical since devices are often connected to the Internet. There are several ways to improve security and one of them is to implement hardware security...

More...

Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast