Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1442

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 7.8-inch PocketBook InkPad Color eReader launched for $329

Color eReaders and color e-Ink smartphones have started to show up last year with products...

More...

Feather compatible shield Integrates BG96 Module with LTE Cat-M1, NB-IoT, and GPS
    Last week, I wrote about the Pebble Board, an nRF9160 based LTE-M and NB-IoT GPS...

More...

Pine64 unveils Quartz64 SBC powered by Rockchip RK3566 SoC
    We may just have written about Geniatech RK3566/RK3568 development board, but as expected, Pine64 has...

More...

AmpliPi – A Raspberry Pi-based whole house audio amplifier (Crowdfunding)
    Micro Nova has put together an open-source, whole-house audio amplifier called AmpliPi based on Raspberry...

More...

CN0549 CBM development kit monitors assets through vibration analysis
    Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) has become quite popular in the manufacturing sector due to its...

More...

Linux 5.11 Release – Main Changes, Arm, MIPS & RISC-V Architectures
    Linus Torvalds has released Linux 5.11 just in time for… “Valentine’s Day”: Nothing unexpected or...

More...

Vacos Cam AI Security Camera Review – Part 1: Specifications, Unboxing and Teardown
    As we’ve seen in our Reolink RLC-810A review, AI security cameras greatly reduce the number...

More...

New STMicro STM32G4 MCUs target cost-effective motor control systems with up to 512KB flash
    STMicro introduced the STM32G4 family of mixed-signal microcontrollers in May 2019 for e-mobility (e.g. e-bikes),...

More...

AAEON PICO-TGU4 Pico-ITX Tiger Lake UP3 SBC Comes with 2.5 GbE, SATA, HDMI & eDP
    I’ve just written about the first Tiger Lake UP3 Pico-ITX motherboard I’ve seen with Commell...

More...

Commell LP-179 Pico-ITX motherboard ships with Intel Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processor
    Intel first introduced Core i3/i5/i7 Tiger Lake UP3 processors with Intel Xe graphics in early...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pebble Tracker nRF9160 GPS & cellular IoT platform connects to IoTeX b

Nordic Semi nRF91-series of Cortex-M33 SoCs with NB-IoT and LTE-M (eMTC) cellular IoT connectivity was...

More...

Software configuration tips for Raspberry Pi clusters & parallel-ssh command
    I missed that linux.conf.au 2021 took place on January 23-25 2021, and while browsing the...

More...

microZERO is a compact, Arduino compatible Microchip SAMD21 module (Crowdfunding)
    SRKH Designs’ microZERO is a tiny, Arduino compatible module based on Microchip SAMD21 Arm Cortex-M0+...

More...

SolidRun CuBox-M 2-inch Arm Linux/Android mini PC packs a 2.3 TOPS AI accelerator
    SolidRun first introduced the tiny CuBox Arm Linux mini PC in 2011, with the device...

More...

Ready! Model 100 is a retro computer shell for Raspberry Pi, SBCs, Nano/Pico-ITX boards (Crowdfunding)
    We recently wrote about Devterm, a modular, retro-looking portable computer that looks like a typewriter...

More...

Snapdragon X65 is the world’s first 10 Gigabit 5G modem
    Announced in 2017, the first Qualcomm 5G modem – named Snapdragon X50 – could achieve...

More...

Geniatech RK3568 Development Board to support Android 11 and Linux
    RK3566 and RK3568 are the latest AIoT processors from Rockchip equipped with four Arm Cortex-A55...

More...

Jetson AGX Xavier based Edge AI Platform supports 8 GMSL automotive cameras and 10Gbps Ethernet
    Neousys Technology, a Taiwan-based provider of rugged embedded systems, has introduced the NRU-110V Edge AI...

More...

iPod Classic given new life with Raspberry Pi Zero W & Spotify
    sPod, a repurpose iPod Classic with Raspberry Pi W streaming Spotify songs Guy Dupont got...

More...

Beelink SEI Review – A Core i3-10110U Mini PC Tested with Windows and Ubuntu
    Beelink has launched a new range of mini PCs called the SEi Series. Similar in...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ESP8266 board with 24-pin ATX connector drives RGB LED strips

“Adding Open Hardware to Open Software for a More Equitable IoT” talk at FOSDEM 2021...

More...

Ryzen Embedded V1807B AI Edge PC supports dual-slot graphics cards
    Many AI edge computers come with dedicated AI accelerators from Intel, Google, Gyrfalcon, and others....

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kodi 19 “Matrix” released with AV1, HDR, tvOS support

Kodi is an open-source media center that was initially designed for the XBOX game console,...

More...

PoE powered AI Edge computer combines NXP i.MX 8M SoC with Google Edge TPU
    AAEON has introduced several BOXER AI edge computers over the years either powered by an...

More...

LiPo battery powered Olimex boards use ESP32-S2’s USB OTG interface
    Last year, Olimex introduced ESP32-S2-DevKit-LiPo and ESP32-S2-WROVER-Devkit-LiPo boards optimized for battery-powered applications with as little...

More...

Android 12 developer preview released – What’s New?
    Google releases a new version of Android every year, and the company is now usually...

More...

ESP32 TouchDown comes with 3.5-inch display for custom control interfaces
    Dustin Watts developed FreeTouchDeck software to interface with Windows, macOS, Linux computers and boards over...

More...

Open-source H.265/HEVC Hantro G2 decoder driver added to NXP i.MX 8M in Linux
    Getting open-source multimedia drivers on Arm Linux is one of the most difficult tasks, that’s...

More...

$10 LoRa-E5 STM32WL module offers LoRaWAN networking in a 12x12mm package
    Over the years, we’ve seen many LoRa modules combining STM32 microcontroller with Semtech SX12xx wireless...

More...

MaaXBoard Nano SBC targets audio and edge IoT with NXP i.MX 8M Nano SoC
    Avnet has launched several Raspberry Pi-inspired MaaXBoard SBCs based on NXP i.MX processors through their...

More...

TTGO T-Watch-2020 V3 ESP32 watch adds microphone for voice control
    Lilygo TTGO T-Watch-2020 is a thin, ESP32 smartwatch programmable with Arduino that was introduced last...

More...

Engicam PX30.Core SoM & devkit run Ubuntu 20.04 with mainline Linux
    Linux 5.11 was released a few days ago, and it’s always interesting to check out...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 7.8-inch PocketBook InkPad Color eReader launched for $329

Color eReaders and color e-Ink smartphones have started to show up last year with products...

More...

Feather compatible shield Integrates BG96 Module with LTE Cat-M1, NB-IoT, and GPS
    Last week, I wrote about the Pebble Board, an nRF9160 based LTE-M and NB-IoT GPS...

More...

Pine64 unveils Quartz64 SBC powered by Rockchip RK3566 SoC
    We may just have written about Geniatech RK3566/RK3568 development board, but as expected, Pine64 has...

More...

AmpliPi – A Raspberry Pi-based whole house audio amplifier (Crowdfunding)
    Micro Nova has put together an open-source, whole-house audio amplifier called AmpliPi based on Raspberry...

More...

CN0549 CBM development kit monitors assets through vibration analysis
    Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) has become quite popular in the manufacturing sector due to its...

More...

Linux 5.11 Release – Main Changes, Arm, MIPS & RISC-V Architectures
    Linus Torvalds has released Linux 5.11 just in time for… “Valentine’s Day”: Nothing unexpected or...

More...

Vacos Cam AI Security Camera Review – Part 1: Specifications, Unboxing and Teardown
    As we’ve seen in our Reolink RLC-810A review, AI security cameras greatly reduce the number...

More...

New STMicro STM32G4 MCUs target cost-effective motor control systems with up to 512KB flash
    STMicro introduced the STM32G4 family of mixed-signal microcontrollers in May 2019 for e-mobility (e.g. e-bikes),...

More...

AAEON PICO-TGU4 Pico-ITX Tiger Lake UP3 SBC Comes with 2.5 GbE, SATA, HDMI & eDP
    I’ve just written about the first Tiger Lake UP3 Pico-ITX motherboard I’ve seen with Commell...

More...

Commell LP-179 Pico-ITX motherboard ships with Intel Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processor
    Intel first introduced Core i3/i5/i7 Tiger Lake UP3 processors with Intel Xe graphics in early...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pebble Tracker nRF9160 GPS & cellular IoT platform connects to IoTeX b

Nordic Semi nRF91-series of Cortex-M33 SoCs with NB-IoT and LTE-M (eMTC) cellular IoT connectivity was...

More...

Software configuration tips for Raspberry Pi clusters & parallel-ssh command
    I missed that linux.conf.au 2021 took place on January 23-25 2021, and while browsing the...

More...

microZERO is a compact, Arduino compatible Microchip SAMD21 module (Crowdfunding)
    SRKH Designs’ microZERO is a tiny, Arduino compatible module based on Microchip SAMD21 Arm Cortex-M0+...

More...

SolidRun CuBox-M 2-inch Arm Linux/Android mini PC packs a 2.3 TOPS AI accelerator
    SolidRun first introduced the tiny CuBox Arm Linux mini PC in 2011, with the device...

More...

Ready! Model 100 is a retro computer shell for Raspberry Pi, SBCs, Nano/Pico-ITX boards (Crowdfunding)
    We recently wrote about Devterm, a modular, retro-looking portable computer that looks like a typewriter...

More...

Snapdragon X65 is the world’s first 10 Gigabit 5G modem
    Announced in 2017, the first Qualcomm 5G modem – named Snapdragon X50 – could achieve...

More...

Geniatech RK3568 Development Board to support Android 11 and Linux
    RK3566 and RK3568 are the latest AIoT processors from Rockchip equipped with four Arm Cortex-A55...

More...

Jetson AGX Xavier based Edge AI Platform supports 8 GMSL automotive cameras and 10Gbps Ethernet
    Neousys Technology, a Taiwan-based provider of rugged embedded systems, has introduced the NRU-110V Edge AI...

More...

iPod Classic given new life with Raspberry Pi Zero W & Spotify
    sPod, a repurpose iPod Classic with Raspberry Pi W streaming Spotify songs Guy Dupont got...

More...

Beelink SEI Review – A Core i3-10110U Mini PC Tested with Windows and Ubuntu
    Beelink has launched a new range of mini PCs called the SEi Series. Similar in...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ESP8266 board with 24-pin ATX connector drives RGB LED strips

“Adding Open Hardware to Open Software for a More Equitable IoT” talk at FOSDEM 2021...

More...

Ryzen Embedded V1807B AI Edge PC supports dual-slot graphics cards
    Many AI edge computers come with dedicated AI accelerators from Intel, Google, Gyrfalcon, and others....

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default It’s raining i.MX 8M Plus systems-on-module at Embedded World 2021

NXP introduced i.MX 8M Plus AI SoC with a built-in 2.3 TOPS neural processing unit...

More...

Arduino IDE 2.0 beta released with live debugger, revamped user interface
    Arduino programming language and the Arduino IDE are the most popular software development tools for...

More...

Raspberry Pi RP2040 boards are coming with… HDMI?
    We’ve already seen Raspberry Pi RP2040 MCU can support VGA output using the microcontroller’s programmable...

More...

tCam-Mini IR thermal camera board ships with ESP32 module
    While there are plenty of ESP32 camera boards, it’s much harder to find off-the-shelf solutions...

More...

NVIDIA introduces lower cost Jetson TX2 NX SO-DIMM module
    NVIDIA Jetson AI modules and developer kits range from the entry-level Jetson Nano module (5W,...

More...

3.5-inch Atom x6000E embedded SBC features 3x GbE, 2x SATA, 6x USB, and more
    Several Elkhart Lake SBC’s integrate two Ethernet ports including Avalue ECM-EHL 3.5-inch SBC or Congatec...

More...

A neat way to add a reset button to Raspberry Pi Pico
    The Raspberry Pi Pico is a nice little board, but if you program in C...

More...

Raspberry Pi CM4 Carrier Board comes with RS485/Modbus, CAN, 1-wire interfaces (Crowdfunding)
    Another day, another Raspberry Pi CM4 carrier board. Just like the TOFU carrier board, CM...

More...

Lyra audio codec enables high-quality voice calls at 3 kbps bitrate
    We’re often writing about new video codecs like AV1 or H.266, and recently, we covered...

More...

STM32U5 Cortex-M33 MCU gets more performance, 2D graphics accelerator, and advanced security
    The first STM32 MCU based on Arm Cortex-M33 core was the ultra-low-power STM32L5 microcontroller, and...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Embedded Artists launches 1GHz NXP i.MX RT1176 Crossover MCU module an

Microcontrollers used to be those cute little chips clocked at 8 MHz, but it’s now...

More...

Framework Laptop is an upgradable, repairable & modular laptop based on Intel 11th gen SoC
    Most laptops are not made to be serviced by the end-users or expanded. In the...

More...

Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 industrial carrier board supports M.2 NVMe SSD, 4G LTE modem
    Since the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 launch last fall, we’ve seen several interesting carrier...

More...

Sony announces Altair ALT1255 5G-ready NB-IoT chipset with 2G fallback
    Sony Semiconductor Israel, previously known as Altair Semiconductor, has announced the launch of the Altair...

More...

Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon XR1 based AR smart glasses reference design
    Qualcomm introduced the Snapdragon XR2 5G VR Reference Design last year based on their latest...

More...

Arduino MKR IoT Carrier embeds display, sensors, and I/Os for IoT projects
    Arduino Oplà IoT Kit was launched last fall as the first open programmable IoT platform...

More...

StereoPi v2 stereoscopic camera is powered by Raspberry Pi CM4 (Crowdfunding)
    StereoPi v2 in its metal housing StereoPi stereoscopic camera based on Raspberry Pi Compute Module...

More...

Crowbits magnetic blocks for STEM Education work with Arduino, Micro:bit, ESP32, and Raspberry Pi (Crowdfunding)
    Elecrow develops and manufactures electronics products for the maker market, and in recent years entered...

More...

Kiwikit Raspberry Pi Pico baseboard takes off-the-shelf modules
    While it’s possible to use Raspberry Pi Pico with a breadboard or Veroboard, we’ve seen...

More...

ZiHintPause is the first RISC-V extension ratified under the Fast Track Architecture Extension Process
    RISC-V open architecture allows designers to implement their own instructions, and some of those may...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Advantech Elkhart Lake mini-ITX motherboard offers triple display supp

We’ve seen a fair amount of Intel Elkhart Lake platforms including modules, 3.5-inch SBCs, Pico-ITX...

More...

Encoding and decoding AVIF pictures with open-source software & libraries
    One of the new features of Android 12 is support for the AVIF file format...

More...

Fuzix Unix-like operating system ported to Raspberry Pi Pico and ESP8266
    The Raspberry Pi Pico is not compatible with Linux, but now supports another Unix-like operating...

More...

STM32MP1 Linux SoM fits into Pico-ITX carrier board
    DH electronics DHCOM STM32MP1 is an STMicro STM32MP1 Cortex-A7/M4 system-on-module (SoM) following the company’s SO-DIMM-based...

More...

Cherry Pi PC SBC is an Orange Pi PC clone selling for $16.5 and up
    Orange Pi PC is an Allwinner H3 SBC that was launched in 2015 for as...

More...

Maker Pi Pico STEM board mini review with CircuitPython
    In my early list of third-party Raspberry Pi RP2040 boards, I shortly mentioned Cytron Maker...

More...

ESP32-PICO-V3-ZERO-DevKit targets Amazon Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) development
    Last summer, Espressif and Amazon jointly announced the ESP32-PICO-V3-ZERO Alexa Connect Kit module providing out-of-box...

More...

PoE powered AI Edge computer combines NXP i.MX 8M SoC with Google Edge TPU
    AAEON has introduced several BOXER AI edge computers over the years either powered by an...

More...

LiPo battery powered Olimex boards use ESP32-S2’s USB OTG interface
    Last year, Olimex introduced ESP32-S2-DevKit-LiPo and ESP32-S2-WROVER-Devkit-LiPo boards optimized for battery-powered applications with as little...

More...

Android 12 developer preview released – What’s New?
    Google releases a new version of Android every year, and the company is now usually...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ESP32 TouchDown comes with 3.5-inch display for custom control interfa

Dustin Watts developed FreeTouchDeck software to interface with Windows, macOS, Linux computers and boards over...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Eyecam open-source webcam will make you feel spied on

Most people will use webcams connected to a computer or integrated into a laptop without...

More...

Edge AI and robotics embedded computers feature NVIDIA Jetson TX2 NX module
    NVIDIA unveiled a cost-down version of the Jetson TX2 module with the Jetson TX2 NX...

More...

ArduinoShrink library slashes code size, boosts speed of Arduino AVR firmware
    Arduino AVR Core is supposed to be already efficient, as the resulting code will run...

More...

simpleRTK2B-SBC packs 3 u‑blox ZED-F9P RTK GNSS receivers for centimeter-level GPS positioning
    Real-time Kinematic (RTK) relative positioning technique allows for 1-3cm positioning accuracy with data derived from...

More...

LilyGo sells Open-Smartwatch open-source hardware ESP32 watch by “Paul’s 3D Things”
    We’ve previously covered three variants of LilyGo T-Watch-2020 smartwatch based on ESP32 WiFi & Bluetooth...

More...

GMSL2 camera kit supports 15-meter long cables, up to six cameras with NVIDIA Jetson Xavier AGX
    We’ve recently seen it’s possible to use a long cable with the Raspberry Pi camera...

More...

Google releases the source code for Lyra low bitrate speech codec
    Google showcased Lyra audio codec for high-quality voice calls at a low 3 kbps bitrate...

More...

Xiaomi Mi AX9000 WiFi 6 Enhanced router supports up to 1000 clients
    Xiaomi launched the Mi AX6000 WiFI 6 Enhanced router, not to be confused with WiFI...

More...

ClearLink EtherNet/IP motion and I/O controller supports 4 axes of motion control
    A few weeks ago, we wrote about ClearCore Arduino compatible industrial I/O and motion controller...

More...

Netflix 4K certified MECOOL KM2 S905X2-B TV Box runs Android TV 10
    There are plenty of Amlogic TV boxes around, but unless you buy from the big...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Raspberry Pi Pico Arduino Core released for RP2040 boards

Since Arduino plans to launch its own Raspberry Pi RP2040 based board with Arduino Nano...

More...

Minima is a tiny Arduino Zero compatible module with SAMD21 MCU (Crowdfunding)
    We’ve covered a fair amount of compact Arduino Zero compatible boards based on SAMD21 Cortex-M0+...

More...

Board::mini development tools offer a complete Vehicle-Hacking Platform (Crowdfunding)
    If you are looking to connect to a vehicle’s CAN bus, then the newly launched...

More...

Raspberry Pi CM4 based predictive maintenance gateway features Google Coral Edge AI accelerator
    Techbase had already integrated the Raspberry Pi CM4 module into several industrial products including Modberry...

More...

Top 5 most powerful Arm SBC’s & Devkits in 2021
    While companies like Hardkernel, Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, and FriendlyArm offers affordable, great little Arm...

More...

AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Mini PC offers triple 4K display support, 2.5GbE
    AMD Ryzen 4000-U series 15W processors were announced in January 2020, and by the end...

More...

Experiment with neurostimulation using NeuroStimDuino Arduino shield (Crowdfunding)
    Neuralaxy’s NeuroStimDuino is an open-source Arduino shield that allows students, researchers, and hobbyists to study...

More...

Linux and Memory Performance on an Intel NUC 11 Enthusiast Phantom Canyon NUC11PHKi7C
    I’ve already looked at Windows performance on the NUC11PHKi7C Enthusiast Phantom Canyon which is Intel’s...

More...

Tiny Tri-color E-Ink display for Wemos D1 Mini board sells for $10
    Wemos D1 Mini is one of my favorites ESP8266 boards with a cheap price, tiny...

More...

The OSFPGA Foundation aims to promote open-source FPGA tools and IP blocks
    There are been some initiatives to work on open-source tools for FPGA. Major FPGA vendors...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ryzen Embedded V2000 COM Express Module supports up to 1TB NVMe SSD, 6

We’ve already covered some COM Express modules based on AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 processors with...

More...

SiFive Core IP 21G1 release improves bit manipulation, floating-point unit, reduces code footprint
    As SiFive has a portfolio of RISC-V cores ranging from low-power E2-series to high-performance U8-series...

More...

Armv9 architecture to focus on AI, security, and “specialized compute”
    Armv8 was announced in October 2011 as the first 64-bit architecture from Arm. while keeping...

More...

Piunora has the guts of a Raspberry Pi 4 with Arduino form factor, M.2 PCIe socket (Crowdfunding)
    The Raspberry Pi 4 is a pretty cool board, but if you wished it was...

More...

Renesas RE01B Bluetooth 5.0 LE MCU harvests energy for battery maintenance-free IoT devices
    Nobody likes to change or recharge batteries in their IoT nodes, so any new development...

More...

WM1302 LoRaWAN gateway mini PCIe module works over SPI or USB
    Announced in 2019, Semtech SX1302 LoRa transceiver is designed for cheaper, and more efficient LoRaWAN...

More...

BLUETTI EP500 is a power bank & UPS for home appliances (Crowdfunding)
    Many people are using a power bank to extend the battery life of their mobile...

More...

Geniatech DB1126 development board features RV1126 SoC for AI applications
    Since the release of Rockchip RV1126 SoC, we have covered the detailed specifications on the...

More...

PanVk – Panfrost gets a Vulkan driver
    We’ve followed with interest the progress of the Panfrost open-source driver for Arm Mali Midgard...

More...

Station P2 Arm mini PC offers dual GbE, M.2 & SATA SSD, up to 8GB RAM (Crowdfunding)
    Last week, we noted Firefly launched the first RK3568 system-on-module with Core-3568J AI Core and...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Axiomtek’s Compact Fanless Embedded System Features Intel Processors

Axiomtek has announced eBOX560-52R-FL, which is a palm-size fanless embedded system featuring Intel Core and...

More...

Semiconductors lead times in March 2021
    As we previously mentioned previously there is a serious chip shortage that will lead to...

More...

Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast