Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A95X Max S905X2 TV Box Supports 2.5? SATA Drives

Several Amlogic S905X2 TV boxes have launched in recent months with models such as X96 Max or Beelink GT1 Mini, and if you’re the kind of user who mostly play videos from local storage as...

More...

Geeetech A20M Review – A Dual Extruder, Color Mixing 3D Printer
    Hey Karl here with a 3D printer review. I know it has been a while for a printer review and grateful for Gearbest sending the review unit. They shipped me the Geeetech A20M a single nozzle, mixing,...

More...

Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx 7nm Processor is Designed for Always-Connected PCs
    The first day of Qualcomm Tech Summit focused on 5G technology, the second day revealed details about Snapdragon 855 mobile processor, and the third and last day was about Snapdragon 8cx Compute...

More...

PHYTEC phyCORE-AM65x SoM Features TI Sitara AM654x Processor
    We already knew Texas Instruments was working on AM654 processor, the first 64-bit Arm SoC from the company, featuring four Cortex A53 cores, a PowerVR SGX544 GPU, dual lock-step capable Cortex R5F...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Raytac MDBT50Q-RX Bluetooth 5 USB Adapter Features nRF52840 WiSoC

Bluetooth 5 has been around for a while, but apart from MakerSpot CC2640 Bluetooth 5 USB dongle and Nordic Semi nRF52840 USB Dongle both for developers (and without case), it’s been hard to...

More...

Khadas Captain / Edge SBC Review – Part 2: Ubuntu 18.04
    I received Khadas Edge Developer Package with Khadas Edge RK3399 module, Khadas Captain carrier board, and several accessories a few weeks ago, and after checking the hardware in the first part of...

More...

$100 Laptop Shell to Support Smartphones, USB Type-C PC Sticks, and SBCs (Crowdfunding)
    Launched in 2011, Motorola Lapdock turned the company’s Atrix 4G smartphone into an Android laptop, but it did not end up being a commercial success so the company stopped manufacturing the...

More...

$6 C-SKY Linux Board Reviewed, Benchmarked
    The price of single board computers and development boards has really gone down in recent years, and it’s easy to find a low cost Arm based board for most project. But C-SKY Linux development...

More...

ATOMIC Pi Intel Atom x5 Board Goes for $34 and Up (Crowdfunding)
    Following Raspberry Pi form factor, AAEON Up Board powered by an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor launched in 2015 for 89 Euros and up via a crowdfunding campaign. Since then, the company switched to...

More...

Bluespec Flute is a 5-Stage Open Source RISC-V Processor
    Bluespec is a US company that provides RISC-V processors and development tools that “speed integration, debugging and verification of embedded systems”. Their first RISC-V release was the...

More...

Intrinsyc Qualcomm Flight Pro Development Kit Targets High-end Drones and Robotics
    Intrinsyc is known for manufacturing and selling mobile development platforms (MDP) & hardware development kits (HDK) for Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, but this time the company is taking...

More...

Onion Omega2 Pro OpenWrt Linux IoT Board Comes with 8GB Storage (Crowdfunding)
    Onion Omega2 and Omega2 Plus are MediaTek MT7688 MIPS based WiFi boards for IoT applications that were launched in 2016 for as low as $5. Both boards run OpenWrt (LEDE at the time), and Omega2 Plus...

More...

Qualcomm 9205 NB-IoT & Cat M1 LTE Modem Lowers Costs, Power Consumption
    Qualcomm has introduced a new LTE IoT chipset with Qualcomm 9205 LTE modem that supports Cat M1 (eMTC), NB2 (NB-IoT), 2G/E-GPRS fallback, as well as GNSS. Qualcomm 9205 comes at a lower price,...

More...

Amazon Echo Look Camera Goes for $50 with Intel Atom x5, RealSense Camera SR300
    Amazon Echo Look is a smart camera with Alexa Assistant that was launched about 2 years ago for $200, and designed to help you decide if your outfit is a good match, beside taking photo and video...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lenovo Z5 Pro GT Snapdragon 855 Phone Features 12GB RAM

According to Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 specifications, the processor can support up to 16GB LPDDR4x memory, so we should be expecting phones with insane of RAM. The first device to features Snapdragon...

More...

Arm Cortex-A65AE Targets Safety-Critical Automotive, Aviation, and Industrial Automation Applications
    Arm introduced their first “Automotive Enhanced” processor with Cortex-A76AE last September. The processor targets autonomous driving applications, and comes with extra safety features...

More...

Purism Librem 5 Linux phone development kits are now shipping
    Purism Librem 5 is a privacy-focused open source Linux smartphone powered by NXP i.MX 8M processor that was launched via a crowdfunding campaign in August 2017 that ends up being extremely popular...

More...

$30 MX10 MINI TV Box Runs Android 9 on RK3328 Processor
    Android 9.0 TV boxes based on Rockchip RK3328 processor started to become available at the end of last month for $45 and up, but if you’d like a cheaper Android 9 TV box either for playing...

More...

eduArdu is an Open Source Hardware Arduino Learning Board
    Olimex has recently launched eduArdu, an open source hardware Arduino compatible board specifically designed for education with plenty of buttons, LEDs, and sensors, as well as tutorials and samples...

More...

Wave Computing to Open Source MIPS Architecture
    There has been a lot of talks about RISC-V open source, royalty-free instructions set architecture this year, including the launch of RISC-V MCUs and Linux capable RISC-V processors, and...

More...

Kontron pITX-iMX8M Industrial Pico-ITX Motherboard is Powered by NXP i.MX8M Processor
    We’ve had a fair amount of boards and modules based on NXP i.MX 8M dual or quad core Cortex A53 processor this year, including one pico-ITX motherboard with F&S Elektronik ArmStone MXM8...

More...

HOMTOM C1 Android Go Smartphone Sells for $65
    Android Go is a lightweight version of Android operating system launched by Google targeting low end smartphones with the OS & apps optimized for low memory and storage. Smartphones with the...

More...

MIPI I3C Basic v1.0 Specification Released Publicly
    The MIPI Alliance announced MIPI I3C sensor interface around 2 years ago, as a backward compatible update to the popular I2C interface with with lower power consumption, and much higher bitrate (up...

More...

GPD Pocket 2 Amber Black is a Cheaper Mini laptop with Celeron 3965Y Processor
    GPD introduced their latest Pocket 2 mini laptop via a crowdfunding campaign last summer. The device packs a Intel Core m3-7y30 Kaby Lake processor coupled with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage, as well as...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MediaTek Helio P90’s APU 2.0 Quadruples AI Performance

Mediatek has launched another of their Helio P-series processor. We’ve gotten used to getting incremental improvements when it comes with CPU and GPU performance, but now companies are able to...

More...

BOOM Open Source RISC-V Core Runs on Amazon EC2 F1 Instances
    The Berkeley Out-of-Order Machine (BOOM) is an open source RV64G RISC-V core written in the Chisel hardware construction language, and mainly ASIC optimized. However, it is also usable on FPGAs, and...

More...

How to Upgrade Xiaomi Mi A2 to Android 9 Pie
    I read Xiaomi Mi A2 got an official upgrade to Android 9 Pie in India around mid November. This got me interested in reviewing Xiaomi Mi A2 with the latest Android operating system, and GearBest sent...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ZOTAC PI225-GK Ultrathin Mini PC Gets a Gemini Lake Upgrade for $230

Zotac PI225 mini PC was launched last year with an Intel Celeron N3350 dual core �Apollo Lake� processors, and its main feature was its form factor, as the computer is about the size and thickness of...

More...

SDTxArm Pelion Kit is a Modular IoT Devkit Designed for Arm Mbed Cloud Platform
    South Korea based Sigma Delta Technologiesa€™ SDTxArm Pelion Kit is a modular development kit comprised of a baseboard, as well as CPU and interface modules that is specifically designed to work...

More...

NXP i.MX 6ULZ Cost Efficient Processor Drops Ethernet, Display, & Camera Interfaces
    Freescale i.MX 6 processor was first announced in January 2011, and in the first few years I covered many products and development boards based on the single to quad core Cortex A9 processor. Further...

More...

Linux 4.20 Release � Main Changes, Arm and MIPS Architectures
    After Greg K-H handling Linux 4.19 release, Linus Torvalds is back at the helm, and released Linux 4.20 just before Christmas: Leta€™s face it, last week wasna€™t quite as quiet as I would...

More...

Banana Pi to Launch a 24-Core Arm Server
    SinoVoIP has been offering Banana Pi single board computers for several years. Their boards are generally based on Arm processors, offered at a relatively decent price, although not as quite as good...

More...

Fomu FPGA board fits inside a USB port, Supports Python, RISC-V Softcore
    Sutajio Ko-usagi launched Tomu, a tiny open source hardware USB board that fits inside a USB port at the very beginning of this year. The company is back with a similarly shaped board, but instead of...

More...

Khadas Captain / Edge SBC Review � Part 2: Ubuntu 18.04
    I received Khadas Edge Developer Package with Khadas Edge RK3399 module, Khadas Captain carrier board, and several accessories a few weeks ago, and after checking the hardware in the first part of...

More...

$100 Laptop Shell to Support Smartphones, USB Type-C PC Sticks, and SBCs (Crowdfunding)
    Launched in 2011, Motorola Lapdock turned the companya€™s Atrix 4G smartphone into an Android laptop, but it did not end up being a commercial success so the company stopped manufacturing the...

More...

The price of single board computers and development boards has really gone down in recent years, and ita€™s easy to find a low cost Arm based board for most project. But C-SKY Linux development...

More...

Following Raspberry Pi form factor, AAEON Up Board powered by an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor launched in 2015 for 89 Euros and up via a crowdfunding campaign. Since then, the company switched to...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bluespec Flute is a 5-Stage Open Source RISC-V Processor

Bluespec is a US company that provides RISC-V processors and development tools that a€œspeed integration, debugging and verification of embedded systemsa€. Their first RISC-V release was the...

More...

Intrinsyc Qualcomm Flight Pro Development Kit Targets High-end Drones and Robotics
    Intrinsyc is known for manufacturing and selling mobile development platforms (MDP) & hardware development kits (HDK) for Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, but this time the company is taking...

More...

Onion Omega2 and Omega2 Plus are MediaTek MT7688 MIPS based WiFi boards for IoT applications that were launched in 2016 for as low as $5. Both boards run OpenWrt (LEDE at the time), and Omega2 Plus...

More...

Qualcomm has introduced a new LTE IoT chipset with Qualcomm 9205 LTE modem that supports Cat M1 (eMTC), NB2 (NB-IoT), 2G/E-GPRS fallback, as well as GNSS. Qualcomm 9205 comes at a lower price,...

More...

Amazon Echo Look is a smart camera with Alexa Assistant that was launched about 2 years ago for $200, and designed to help you decide if your outfit is a good match, beside taking photo and video...

More...

Arm Cortex-A65AE Targets Safety-Critical Automotive, Aviation, and Industrial Automation Applications
    Arm introduced their first a€œAutomotive Enhanceda€ processor with Cortex-A76AE last September. The processor targets autonomous driving applications, and comes with extra safety features...

More...

Purism Librem 5 is a privacy-focused open source Linux smartphone powered by NXP i.MX 8M processor that was launched via a crowdfunding campaign in August 2017 that ends up being extremely popular...

More...

Android 9.0 TV boxes based on Rockchip RK3328 processor started to become available at the end of last month for $45 and up, but if youa€™d like a cheaper Android 9 TV box either for playing...

More...

eduArdu is an Open Source Hardware Arduino Learning Board
    Olimex has recently launched eduArdu, an open source hardware Arduino compatible board specifically designed for education with plenty of buttons, LEDs, and sensors, as well as tutorials and samples...

More...

There has been a lot of talks about RISC-V open source, royalty-free instructions set architecture this year, including the launch of RISC-V MCUs and Linux capable RISC-V processors, and...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kontron pITX-iMX8M Industrial Pico-ITX Motherboard is Powered by NXP i

Wea€™ve had a fair amount of boards and modules based on NXP i.MX 8M dual or quad core Cortex A53 processor this year, including one pico-ITX motherboard with F&S Elektronik ArmStone MXM8...

More...

HOMTOM C1 Android Go Smartphone Sells for $65
    Android Go is a lightweight version of Android operating system launched by Google targeting low end smartphones with the OS & apps optimized for low memory and storage. Smartphones with the...

More...

MIPI I3C Basic v1.0 Specification Released Publicly
    The MIPI Alliance announced MIPI I3C sensor interface around 2 years ago, as a backward compatible update to the popular I2C interface with with lower power consumption, and much higher bitrate (up...

More...

GPD Pocket 2 Amber Black is a Cheaper Mini laptop with Celeron 3965Y Processor
    GPD introduced their latest Pocket 2 mini laptop via a crowdfunding campaign last summer. The device packs a Intel Core m3-7y30 Kaby Lake processor coupled with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage, as well as...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LAPSCREEN Ultralight Ultrathin 12.5″ Display Works with USB-C, HDMI, W

If you want to add an extra screen to your laptop, wea€™ve previously covered DUO add-on display, a full HD 12.5a€³ display that can be placed on the left or the right of the display, and it...

More...

Millitronic MG360 is a WiGig 802.11ad USB Adapter
    802.11ad was announced in 2016 as a new WiFi standard supporting 60 GHz frequency and up to 7 Gbps throughput, but it has recently been superseded by the backward compatible but further improved...

More...

Khadas Edge Review a€“ Part 3: Android 7.0 Preview
    Hey Karl here with a look at a preview of Android on the Khadas edge. Jean-luc has done 2 parts already. The first one looking at the hardware side, and a second looking at Ubuntu. A third img is...

More...

ClockworkPi Gameshell Review a€“ Part 1: Unboxing & Assembly Guide
    ClockworkPi Gameshell is a portable retro gaming console kit designed to be hackable being powered by Allwinner R16 processor to run Linux, as well as an Arduino compatible Atmel AVR MCU. Ita€™s...

More...

South Korea based Sigma Delta Technologiesa€™ SDTxArm Pelion Kit is a modular development kit comprised of a baseboard, as well as CPU and interface modules that is specifically designed to work...

More...

NXP i.MX 6ULZ Cost Efficient Processor Drops Ethernet, Display, & Camera Interfaces
    Freescale i.MX 6 processor was first announced in January 2011, and in the first few years I covered many products and development boards based on the single to quad core Cortex A9 processor. Further...

More...

Linux 4.20 Release a€“ Main Changes, Arm and MIPS Architectures
    After Greg K-H handling Linux 4.19 release, Linus Torvalds is back at the helm, and released Linux 4.20 just before Christmas: Leta€™s face it, last week wasna€™t quite as quiet as I would...

More...

Banana Pi to Launch a 24-Core Arm Server
    SinoVoIP has been offering Banana Pi single board computers for several years. Their boards are generally based on Arm processors, offered at a relatively decent price, although not as quite as good...

More...

Sutajio Ko-usagi launched Tomu, a tiny open source hardware USB board that fits inside a USB port at the very beginning of this year. The company is back with a similarly shaped board, but instead of...

More...

Khadas Captain / Edge SBC Review a€“ Part 2: Ubuntu 18.04

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $100 Laptop Shell to Support Smartphones, USB Type-C PC Sticks, and SB

Launched in 2011, Motorola Lapdock turned the companya€™s Atrix 4G smartphone into an Android laptop, but it did not end up being a commercial success so the company stopped manufacturing the...

More...

The price of single board computers and development boards has really gone down in recent years, and ita€™s easy to find a low cost Arm based board for most project. But C-SKY Linux development...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

Arm introduced their first a€œAutomotive Enhanceda€ processor with Cortex-A76AE last September. The processor targets autonomous driving applications, and comes with extra safety features...

More...

More...

Android 9.0 TV boxes based on Rockchip RK3328 processor started to become available at the end of last month for $45 and up, but if youa€™d like a cheaper Android 9 TV box either for playing...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default eduArdu is an Open Source Hardware Arduino Learning Board

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ESP-EYE ESP32 AI Development Board Supports Face detection, Voice wake

Sometimes last month, Espressif Systems contacted me to send a mysterious new development kit together with a 10-year anniversary T-shirt, an offer I found hard to decline 🙂 So I got a new year...

More...

FOSDEM 2019 Open Source Developers Meeting Schedule
    FOSDEM a€“ which stands for Free and Open Source Software Developersa€™ European Meeting a€“ is a free-to-participate event where developers meet on the first week-end of February to discuss...

More...

Year 2018 in Review, Top 10 Posts, and Some Stats
    Thata€™s it, wea€™ve already reached the last day of 2018, and ita€™s time to have a look back at what happened during the past year. On the mini PC front, Gemini Lake based mini PCs took...

More...

This Amplifier Board Features Beken BK3266 Bluetooth 5.0 Audio SoC
    Ia€™ve been writing about a few Bluetooth 5.0 solutions this year, but in most case those were based on Nordic Semi nRF52 chips which do support BT 5.0 Low Energy, but not Bluetooth classic which...

More...

Millitronic MG360 is a WiGig 802.11ad USB Adapter
    802.11ad was announced in 2016 as a new WiFi standard supporting 60 GHz frequency and up to 7 Gbps throughput, but it has recently been superseded by the backward compatible but further improved...

More...

Hey Karl here with a look at a preview of Android on the Khadas edge. Jean-luc has done 2 parts already. The first one looking at the hardware side, and a second looking at Ubuntu. A third img is...

More...

ClockworkPi Gameshell is a portable retro gaming console kit designed to be hackable being powered by Allwinner R16 processor to run Linux, as well as an Arduino compatible Atmel AVR MCU. Ita€™s...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Banana Pi to Launch a 24-Core Arm Server

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Purism Librem 5 Linux phone development kits are now shipping

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default D-Link DWR-2010 5G NR Enhanced Gateway Targets the Home Market

Ita€™s possible to use 3G/4G WiFi router either with built-in support or an external cellular USB dongle, but most people likely do so as a backup solution since fixed broadband Internet is...

More...

Necunos NC_1 is a Pricey Open Source Linux a€œPhonea€ without Modem
    Several weeks ago, I wrote about the upcoming a€œNecuno Mobilea€ phone made by a company called Necunos and running Linux on NXP i.MX6 Quad processor. The phone was supposed to be 100% open...

More...

PIPO X3 Windows Mini PC / PoS Integrates a Thermal Printer
    PIPO has launched several Windows 10 mini PC with a built-in touchscreen display suitable for PoS (Point of Sale) applications. You just had to connect your own thermal printer and/or barcode...

More...

MECOOL KM8 P Octa-core TV Box Sells for $21 and Up (Promo)
    From time to time some pretty good deals come up in my news feed, and today Ia€™ve found out MECOOL KM8 P, a TV box powered by Amlogic S912 octa-core processor is sold for $21.28 and up including...

More...

IPFS Distributed, Resilient Internet Protocol Aims to Replace HTTP
    HTTP(S) is the protocol used to retrieve content from the Internet, and files are stored in a server with all clients downloading files from this location. It works fine, but also comes with...

More...

LG Unveils 8K, HDMI 2.1 Capable TVs Powered by Alpha 9 Gen 2 Processor
    Last year Samsung unveiled their first 8K TV right before CES 2018 with a 85a€³ QLED model that can now be yours for a cool $15,000, and capable of upscaling SD / HD content to 8K using...

More...

Samsung Exynos Auto V9 Octa-core Cortex A76 Processor Targets Automotive Infotainment Systems
    Samsung Exynos processors are well known for their use in mobile processor, but the company has now announced their first automotive grade processor with Exynos Auto V9 SoC featuring eight Cortex A76...

More...

FOSDEM 2019 Open Source Developers Meeting Schedule
    FOSDEM a€“ which stands for Free and Open Source Software Developersa€™ European Meeting a€“ is a free-to-participate event where developers meet on the first week-end of February to discuss...

More...

Year 2018 in Review, Top 10 Posts, and Some Stats
    Thata€™s it, wea€™ve already reached the last day of 2018, and ita€™s time to have a look back at what happened during the past year. On the mini PC front, Gemini Lake based mini PCs took...

More...

This Amplifier Board Features Beken BK3266 Bluetooth 5.0 Audio SoC
    Ia€™ve been writing about a few Bluetooth 5.0 solutions this year, but in most case those were based on Nordic Semi nRF52 chips which do support BT 5.0 Low Energy, but not Bluetooth classic which...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Millitronic MG360 is a WiGig 802.11ad USB Adapter

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast