Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Make a Cheap Single Channel Gateway with an ESP32 LoRa Board

Actual LoRaWAN gateways based on Semtech SX1301 concentrator can be pretty expensive, and even if you take a LoRa gateway design based on Raspberry Pi for indoor placement or experimentation, price...

More...

Pocket Science Lab (PSLab) is an Open Source Hardware Electronics Lab
    Last Saturday I created a virtual schedule for the Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2018 where I listed some of sessions relevant to myself and hopefully regular readers of CNX Software, but due to...

More...

Forlinx OK5718-C Development Board is Powered by TI AM5718 Cortex-A15/M4 processor
    Forlinx Embedded Technology (Forlinx) has just launched a new development board for indsutrial applications with audio and video processing requirements. OK5718-C development board features Texas...

More...

Tranquil PC’s AMD Ryzen Embedded Mini PC Supports Up to 4 Displays
    AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 processor family was introduced last February, but if you’d wanted to buy a Ryzen Embedded mini PC today, you’ struggle to do so at least for a retail model. One...

More...

Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G (AMD Ryzen 7 2700U) Laptop – Installing Ubuntu 18.04 and “Hidden” M.2 SSD Socket
    Everyday I’m using a tower PC running Ubuntu 18.04 to take care of this blog, but when I travel it’s obviously not so convenient, so a few years ago I bought an Acer Aspire E5-421G...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Axiomtek SDM300S is an Intel Apollo Lake Smart Display Module (SDM-S)

Way back in 2010, Intel introduced the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) defining mechanical and electrical parameters for players to be integrated into digital signage displays, with the goal of...

More...

NanoPi M4 Raspberry Pi Inspired RK3399 Board Launched for $65 and Up
    As expected, FriendlyELEC has now launched NanoPi M4 board, a lower cost version of NanoPC-T4 Rockchip RK3399 SBC, and mostly following Raspberry Pi form factor. How much you may ask? That would be...

More...

CHOETECH 24W Foldable Solar Charger Review
    A short while ago, I wrote about a tri-panel waterproof solar power bank that delivers up to 4 Watts and comes with 10,000 mAh capacity. I’ve now received a sample of a somewhat similar...

More...

PiMecha Humanoid Robot Based on Raspberry Pi Sells for about $500
    SB Components introduced PiMecha humanoid robot powered by a Raspberry Pi Zero (W)/ A+ / 2 / 3 (B+) board, and offering 17 degrees of freedom (DoF) on Kickstarter a few months ago. But with KS...

More...

TableX Arm Linux Tablet Runs Armbian Ubuntu, To Launch for 89 Euros
    If you want an Arm Linux laptop, you have already some choices with products such as Pine64 Pinebook, or Olimex TERES-I open source hardware laptop, but if instead you’d rather do without...

More...

Kohler Novita “Therapy Bidet” Bluetooth LE Enabled Toilet Seat Works with Android & iOS Smartphones
    If you’ve ever been to Japan, and to a lesser extend in Korea, you’ll probably have used one those toilet seat that sprays water, and ends with a gentle drying once you’re done with...

More...

Samsung Introduces Exynos i S111 NB-IoT Modem + GNSS Chip
    Samsung has just announced their first NB-IoT solution with Exynos i S111 chipset with a single chip integrating an NB-IoT capable LTE modem, RF IC, an on-chip security sub-system, and a PUF...

More...

?Art is a Universal USB to UART-TTL Adapter with Safety Features (Crowdfunding)
    I’ve never had specific issues with USB to TTL debug boards personally, but potentially you could damage the target if you select one with the wrong voltage, and for more advanced use cases...

More...

n-fuse LoRaWAN Concentrator mini PCIe Card Comes with either SX1301 or SX1308 Chip
    Most gateways are based on Semtech SX1301 chip, but the company unveiled a SX1308 chip for picocell gateways back in 2016 that’s supposed to be cheaper and used indoors. Designs have been slow...

More...

Embedded Base Boot Requirements (EBBR) Project Aims to Standardize Booting on Embedded Systems
    Desktop and server systems relies on standardized interfaces between the bootloader and the OS like UEFI and ACPI, but for embedded systems the way the bootloader, often U-boot, handles the boot flow...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MINIX NEO J50C-4 Pentium J5005 Mini PC Review – Part 1: Unboxing, Wind

MINIX has just announced a new Windows 10 Pro mini PC with MINIX NEO J50C-4 mini PC that just looks like their previous models like MINIX NEO N42C-4, except it comes with a Pentium Silver J5005...

More...

Lindenis V5 Allwinner V5 SBC is Designed for AI Video Processing, 4K Encoding
    Allwinner V5 V100 is a new quad core Cortex A7 processor targeting 4K 30 fps (Linux) cameras, and integrating AIE intelligent analytic acceleration engine handling motion detection, perimeter...

More...

BladeRF 2.0 USB 3.0 Software Defined Radio Launched for $480 and Up
    Around 5 years ago, several affordable FPGA based open source software defined radio boards launched including HackRF, BladeRF x40 / x115, and USRP B200. The company behind BladeRF has now launched...

More...

Lenovo Yoga C630 WOS Laptop Comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 SoC, up to 8GB RAM & 256GB UFS Storage
    The first Windows 10 based Arm laptops, also referred to as always-on always connected mobile PC’s, were launched last year with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, LTE connectivity and promises...

More...

ARCO is a Real Robot that Lives in Virtual Worlds (Crowdfunding)
    Hicat launched HICAT.Livera machine vision board for robotics projects on Kickstarter two year ago. The company second project is still related to robotics and machine vision, but geared towards a...

More...

ASUS ZenBook Pro 14 UX480FD Laptop Replaces the Touchpad with a 5.5? “ScreenPad” Display
    Touchpads is a feature found in most laptops, but AFAIK there’s not been much innovation recently apart from maybe support for multitouch and gestures. But I’ve just found out ASUS...

More...

TopJoy Falcon Mini Laptop Features an Intel Pentium N5000 Processor, an 8? Display (Crowdfunding)
    UMPC’s (Ultra Mobile PC) or mini laptops have made a sort of comeback in recent years with products such as GPD Pocket 2 mini laptop or One Mix Yoga pocket laptop. Those products come with a...

More...

Seeed Studio Introduces 1 to 8 Channels Grove I2C Solid State Relay Modules
    I’ve been playing with products or boards with AC relays for a while, but I never really cared to check about different types of relay. So far, all platforms I tested came with largish blue or...

More...

Intel Core Y-series and U-series 8th Gen Processors Target Laptops with Built-in Gigabit WiFi, Optional LTE Connectivity
    We discovered three Intel Amber Lake processors with a 5W TDP through a leak last month namely Core m3-8100Y, Core i5-8200Y, Core i7-8500Y dual core/quad thread processors. Intel has now made an...

More...

MCC 118 DAQ HAT Enables Up to 64-Channel Voltage Measurement on Raspberry Pi Boards
    Measurement Computing Corp. (MCC) has recently introduced their MCC 118 DAQ HAT for Raspberry Pi which includes 8 analog inputs for voltage measurements between +/- 10V at a 100kS/s data rate. You...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 Snapdragon 845 Smartphone Launched for $300 and up

Several manufacturer have launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 powered smartphones, including Samsung with Galaxy Note9 and Galaxy S9/S9+ models. Those premium smartphones are normally pretty expensive...

More...

VMWare Showcases ESXi Bare Metal Hypervisor Support for ARM64 Edge Servers
    As I checked my Twitter timeline in Thunderbird this morning, I started to see a lot of tweets about #VMworld2018 and “ESXi on 64-bit Arm”. What is that? VMWare has just announced and...

More...

RockPro64 RK3399 Board Linux Review with Ubuntu 18.04 + LXDE
    Let’s do one more RK3399 Linux review using Pine64 RockPro64 development board. After shortly checking out the hardware, I’ll test Ubuntu 18.04 “Bionic” LXDE on the board,...

More...

MicroWebSrv Lightweight HTTP Web Server Supports HTML/Python Language Templating
    There are many languages that can be used to create a web page: HTML, HTML5, JavaScript, PHP, etc… But Python? Apparently yes, as MicroWebSrv lightweight web server – mostly designed...

More...

UltraZed-EV Starter Kit Support Simultaneous 4K Encoding and Decoding with Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ EV MPSoC
    Xilinx unveiled Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC‘s combining Arm Cortex A53/R5 cores with FPGA fabric back in 2015. and we started to see development boards and products based on the solution starting in...

More...

Tanix TX3 Mini L Amlogic S905W TV Box with 2GB RAM Sells for as low as $16.99 (Promo)
    Last year, it was relatively easy to find promotions for ultra cheap TV boxes selling for under $20, but with the price increase of flash and RAM chips it has become harder to find. GearBest has now...

More...

As expected, FriendlyELEC has now launched NanoPi M4 board, a lower cost version of NanoPC-T4 Rockchip RK3399 SBC, and mostly following Raspberry Pi form factor. How much you may ask? That would be...

More...

A short while ago, I wrote about a tri-panel waterproof solar power bank that delivers up to 4 Watts and comes with 10,000 mAh capacity. I’ve now received a sample of a somewhat similar...

More...

PiMecha Humanoid Robot Based on Raspberry Pi Sells for about $500
    SB Components introduced PiMecha humanoid robot powered by a Raspberry Pi Zero (W)/ A+ / 2 / 3 (B+) board, and offering 17 degrees of freedom (DoF) on Kickstarter a few months ago. But with KS...

More...

If you want an Arm Linux laptop, you have already some choices with products such as Pine64 Pinebook, or Olimex TERES-I open source hardware laptop, but if instead you’d rather do without...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kohler Novita “Therapy Bidet” Bluetooth LE Enabled Toilet Seat Works w

If you’ve ever been to Japan, and to a lesser extend in Korea, you’ll probably have used one those toilet seat that sprays water, and ends with a gentle drying once you’re done with...

More...

Samsung has just announced their first NB-IoT solution with Exynos i S111 chipset with a single chip integrating an NB-IoT capable LTE modem, RF IC, an on-chip security sub-system, and a PUF...

More...

?Art is a Universal USB to UART-TTL Adapter with Safety Features (Crowdfunding)
    I’ve never had specific issues with USB to TTL debug boards personally, but potentially you could damage the target if you select one with the wrong voltage, and for more advanced use cases...

More...

n-fuse LoRaWAN Concentrator mini PCIe Card Comes with either SX1301 or SX1308 Chip
    Most gateways are based on Semtech SX1301 chip, but the company unveiled a SX1308 chip for picocell gateways back in 2016 that’s supposed to be cheaper and used indoors. Designs have been slow...

More...

Embedded Base Boot Requirements (EBBR) Project Aims to Standardize Booting on Embedded Systems
    Desktop and server systems relies on standardized interfaces between the bootloader and the OS like UEFI and ACPI, but for embedded systems the way the bootloader, often U-boot, handles the boot flow...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MINIX NEO U9-H TV Box Gets Android 7.1 Firmware

MINIX NEO U9-H is generally considered one of the best Android TV boxes if you are after an Android experience, as opposed to a pure Android TV experience. I found the firmware solid and performing...

More...

LicheeTang Anlogic EG4S20 FPGA Board Targets RISC-V Development
    LicheePi has already made some interested little development board in the past with products such as LicheePi Zero, and the recently-announced SD card sized LicheePi Nano board, but their latest...

More...

Self-hosted GLES on ChromeOS, part two
    This is a follow-up post from an earlier guest post by Blu about OpenGL ES development on Chrome OS. One can’t practice real-time rendering to disk files for long ? it’s just unnatural. So...

More...

HiSilicon Unveils Kirin 980 Octa-core Cortex A76/A55 Processor with Mali-G76 GPU
    Arm announced Cortex A76 CPU core and Mali-G76 GPU in June of this year, and in the past, we normally had to wait about a year between the announcement and the actual launch of SoC with the new IP...

More...

Allwinner V5 V100 is a new quad core Cortex A7 processor targeting 4K 30 fps (Linux) cameras, and integrating AIE intelligent analytic acceleration engine handling motion detection, perimeter...

More...

Around 5 years ago, several affordable FPGA based open source software defined radio boards launched including HackRF, BladeRF x40 / x115, and USRP B200. The company behind BladeRF has now launched...

More...

Lenovo Yoga C630 WOS Laptop Comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 SoC, up to 8GB RAM & 256GB UFS Storage
    The first Windows 10 based Arm laptops, also referred to as always-on always connected mobile PC’s, were launched last year with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, LTE connectivity and promises...

More...

Hicat launched HICAT.Livera machine vision board for robotics projects on Kickstarter two year ago. The company second project is still related to robotics and machine vision, but geared towards a...

More...

ASUS ZenBook Pro 14 UX480FD Laptop Replaces the Touchpad with a 5.5? “ScreenPad” Display
    Touchpads is a feature found in most laptops, but AFAIK there’s not been much innovation recently apart from maybe support for multitouch and gestures. But I’ve just found out ASUS...

More...

TopJoy Falcon Mini Laptop Features an Intel Pentium N5000 Processor, an 8? Display (Crowdfunding)
    UMPC’s (Ultra Mobile PC) or mini laptops have made a sort of comeback in recent years with products such as GPD Pocket 2 mini laptop or One Mix Yoga pocket laptop. Those products come with a...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PiMecha Humanoid Robot Based on Raspberry Pi Sells for about $500

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Seeed Studio Introduces 1 to 8 Channels Grove I2C Solid State Relay Mo

I’ve been playing with products or boards with AC relays for a while, but I never really cared to check about different types of relay. So far, all platforms I tested came with largish blue or...

More...

Intel Core Y-series and U-series 8th Gen Processors Target Laptops with Built-in Gigabit WiFi, Optional LTE Connectivity
    We discovered three Intel Amber Lake processors with a 5W TDP through a leak last month namely Core m3-8100Y, Core i5-8200Y, Core i7-8500Y dual core/quad thread processors. Intel has now made an...

More...

MCC 118 DAQ HAT Enables Up to 64-Channel Voltage Measurement on Raspberry Pi Boards
    Measurement Computing Corp. (MCC) has recently introduced their MCC 118 DAQ HAT for Raspberry Pi which includes 8 analog inputs for voltage measurements between +/- 10V at a 100kS/s data rate. You...

More...

As I checked my Twitter timeline in Thunderbird this morning, I started to see a lot of tweets about #VMworld2018 and “ESXi on 64-bit Arm”. What is that? VMWare has just announced and...

More...

Let’s do one more RK3399 Linux review using Pine64 RockPro64 development board. After shortly checking out the hardware, I’ll test Ubuntu 18.04 “Bionic” LXDE on the board,...

More...

MicroWebSrv Lightweight HTTP Web Server Supports HTML/Python Language Templating
    There are many languages that can be used to create a web page: HTML, HTML5, JavaScript, PHP, etc… But Python? Apparently yes, as MicroWebSrv lightweight web server – mostly designed...

More...

UltraZed-EV Starter Kit Support Simultaneous 4K Encoding and Decoding with Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ EV MPSoC
    Xilinx unveiled Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC‘s combining Arm Cortex A53/R5 cores with FPGA fabric back in 2015. and we started to see development boards and products based on the solution starting in...

More...

Tanix TX3 Mini L Amlogic S905W TV Box with 2GB RAM Sells for as low as $16.99 (Promo)
    Last year, it was relatively easy to find promotions for ultra cheap TV boxes selling for under $20, but with the price increase of flash and RAM chips it has become harder to find. GearBest has now...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tanix TX3 Mini L Amlogic S905W TV Box with 2GB RAM Sells for as low as

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default STMicro STM32F7x0 & H7x0 Value Line Microcontrollers Deliver Cortex-M7

STMicro introduces their first Arm Cortex-M7 microcontrollers in 2014 with STM32F7 series clocked up to 200 MHz. The next year, Atmel – now Microchip – announced SAM S70 & SAM E70...

More...

MUSTOOL MT8206 Multimeter & Oscilloscope Goes for $42 (Promo)
    MUSTOOL MT8206 looks like a standard digital multimeter, but the device is actually a 2-in-1 device that also serves as a oscilloscope. Banggood have the digital multimeter scope on sale now for...

More...

Nubia–? Wearable Smartphone is a Smartwatch with a Long Curved Display
    We have smartphones, we have smartwatches. and we have… Nubia-? that is something in between, and which the company (Nubia) promotes as a “wearable smartphone”. The device comes...

More...

Creality Ender 3 3D Printer Sells for $169.99 (Promo)
    From time to time I come across good deals for 3D printers, and a recent promotion for Creality Ender 3 3D printer appears to be one of them. Creality Ender 3 has gotten some pretty good reviews...

More...

Compulab WILD WiFi Router Supports WiFi RTT (802.11mc) Location
    When Google released the first Android P preview back in March, one interesting new feature was indoor positioning through 802.11mc WiFi aka. WiFi RTT (Round Trip-Time). That looks promising so I...

More...

LicheePi has already made some interested little development board in the past with products such as LicheePi Zero, and the recently-announced SD card sized LicheePi Nano board, but their latest...

More...

This is a follow-up post from an earlier guest post by Blu about OpenGL ES development on Chrome OS. One can’t practice real-time rendering to disk files for long ? it’s just unnatural. So...

More...

HiSilicon Unveils Kirin 980 Octa-core Cortex A76/A55 Processor with Mali-G76 GPU
    Arm announced Cortex A76 CPU core and Mali-G76 GPU in June of this year, and in the past, we normally had to wait about a year between the announcement and the actual launch of SoC with the new IP...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lenovo Yoga C630 WOS Laptop Comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 SoC, up

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lindenis V5 Allwinner V5 SBC is Designed for AI Video Processing, 4K E

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UltraZed-EV Starter Kit Support Simultaneous 4K Encoding and Decoding

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Make Your Phone Readable under the Sun with Anti-glare Covers, Sunshad

So I rented a bicycle to have a small cycling trip, and since I like to take smaller roads, and did not know the way, decided to use my phone as GPS. This works normally well while walking, but I...

More...

Khadas is Working on more RK3399 / RK3399Pro Boards, Projector Development Kit, AR Kit
    Shenzhen Wesion had already unveiled their Khadas Edge board that works both as a system-on-module and a standalone SBC thanks to an MXM3 connector on one side, and traditional HDMI and USB ports on...

More...

How to Make a Low Cost DIY SD Card Duplicator
    If you have to duplicate many SD cards for example to boot Raspbian on multiple Raspberry Pi board, one option is buy one of those SD card duplicators, but the problem is that they are not really...

More...

MUSTOOL MT8206 looks like a standard digital multimeter, but the device is actually a 2-in-1 device that also serves as a oscilloscope. Banggood have the digital multimeter scope on sale now for...

More...

We have smartphones, we have smartwatches. and we have… Nubia-? that is something in between, and which the company (Nubia) promotes as a “wearable smartphone”. The device comes...

More...

From time to time I come across good deals for 3D printers, and a recent promotion for Creality Ender 3 3D printer appears to be one of them. Creality Ender 3 has gotten some pretty good reviews...

More...

Compulab WILD WiFi Router Supports WiFi RTT (802.11mc) Location
    When Google released the first Android P preview back in March, one interesting new feature was indoor positioning through 802.11mc WiFi aka. WiFi RTT (Round Trip-Time). That looks promising so I...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Howchip ExSOM-8895 Exynos 8895 Board is Designed for Android Developme

Howchip has just launched a new Samsung based Android development kit -ExSOM-8895 DVK – powered by an Exynos 8895 system-on-module with 4GB DDR4, and UFS 2.1 storage. as well as featuring a...

More...

MINIX NEO J50C-4 Mini PC Review – Part 2: Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Gemini Lake processors and associated have been products available for several months, and although I’ve published several Gemini Lake reviews, those were courtesy of Linuxium, which...

More...

MINIX NEO W2 PC Remote Control Review in Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04
    MINIX NEO W2 is sold as a Windows 10 remote control with one side acting as an actual remote with shortcuts to useful Windows functions and programs, another side as a keyboard, as well as a motion...

More...

Sunvell H3 Allwinner H3 TV Box with 2GB RAM Sells for $27.99 (Promo)
    There aren’t that many Allwinner H3 TV boxes with some models coming to mind being Zidoo X1 or Beelink X2, but of which appear to be phased out. If you are just looking for Android boxes,...

More...

Snapdragon Wear 3100 Smartwatch Platform to Deliver Longer Battery Life
    Qualcomm introduced Snapdragon Wear 2100 in 2016 for wearables, and the processor ended up in several products such as LG Watch Style / Sport smartwatch. Since then the company released other Wear...

More...

Khadas is Working on more RK3399 / RK3399Pro Boards, Projector Development Kit, AR Kit
    Shenzhen Wesion had already unveiled their Khadas Edge board that works both as a system-on-module and a standalone SBC thanks to an MXM3 connector on one side, and traditional HDMI and USB ports on...

More...

How to Make a Low Cost DIY SD Card Duplicator
    If you have to duplicate many SD cards for example to boot Raspbian on multiple Raspberry Pi board, one option is buy one of those SD card duplicators, but the problem is that they are not really...

More...

More...

More...

More...

Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast