Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default AIO-3399J Development Board Review with Ubuntu 16.04

Regular readers will know that Firefly team sent me several of their Rockchip boards for evaluation, and I started with a review of ROC-RK3328-CC development board powered by Rockchip RK3328...

More...

WiFiBoy32 is an ESP32 Portable Game Console and IoT Devkit
    I’ve noticed that ever since Hardkernel launched their ODROID-GO “10th anniversary” portable game console based on ESP32 processor, most of the talk on IRC and social media is about...

More...

Chuwi Hi9 Pro 4G Tablet with 2K Display, Deca-Core Processor Goes for $139.99 (Promo)
    If you need something larger than a smartphone and still offering 4G data connectivity, Chuwi Hi9 Pro tablet might be interesting with its 8.4″ high resolution display, Mediatak Helio X20...

More...

TS80 USB type-C Soldering Iron Up for Sale for $79.99
    TS100 digital programmable soldering iron has been popular in recent years due to its compact size, open source STM32 firmware, fast heating, and it does the job. Another advantage is that the...

More...

Wavlink AC600 Waterproof WiFi Repeater & Router Claims up to 2 km Range
    WiFi is used indoors in most cases, but if you are a service provider, or own property with a park or beach, you may want to extend your WiFi coverage outdoors. The only problem is that more routers...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $100 GLIGO E-Ink Smartwatch Promises “2-Year Battery Life” (Crowdfundi

Wearables are useful little devices, but many of them suffer from short battery life, and in my case at least, I forget to charge mine from time to time. So when I saw GLIGO E-Ink smartwatch...

More...

Samsung Galaxy Note9 Launched with Exynos 9810 or Snapdragon 845, 4,000 mAh Battery, S-Pen
    Samsung has just launched a new version of their Galaxy Note smartphone with Samsung Galaxy Note9, and it’s always interesting to check out the specifications and features to see if...

More...

Checking out DevCheck System Info App for Android on NanoPC-T4 Development Board
    There are already a few ways to get system information in Android. The most obvious is just going into the Settings menu, another solution more detailed but less convenient is to access the terminal...

More...

KINGJIM Pomera DM200 Rockchip RK3128 Portable Mini Computer Can Run Debian
    Ultra mobile portable computers (UMPC) are somewhat making a come back with products such as GPD Pocket 2 or DragonBox Pyra open source handheld computer. While being fairly powerful, neither devices...

More...

Snapdragon 670 Launched with Better Performance and Camera Capabilities, Artificial Intelligence Tech
    Qualcomm has just introduced another of their “Mobile Platforms” with Snapdragon 670. The chipset comes with eight Kryo 360 cores, a Snapdragon X12 LTE modem for download speeds up to 600...

More...

PIXY2 Computer Vision Camera Works with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and Other Boards
    Cameras may be used to take holiday photos, but when integrated into robotics projects there may purpose is usually to detect objects and/or patterns. We’ve previously covered specialized...

More...

Espressif Introduces ESP32-WROVER-B Module with 8MB RAM
    ESP32 processor can support PSRAM, and so far I had seen boards or modules with up to 4MB RAM, but if you need more memory, Espressif Systems has now launched ESP32-WROVER-B module with 8MB SPI...

More...

Teclast F5 Laptop Features 11.6? Fully Rotating Display, Celeron N4100 Processor, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD
    Teclast F5 is another Gemini Lake laptop based on Intel Celeron N4100 processor, with this model including a 11.6″ full HD display that can fully rotate thanks to a 360° hinge, and coming with...

More...

LiFePO4wered/Pi+ is a Safer and Longer Lasting UPS for Raspberry Pi (Crowdfunding)
    We’ve already covered several UPS solution for Raspberry Pi boards, but LiFePO4wered/Pi+ is a little different because instead of relying on LiPo (Lithium Ion Polymer) batteries, it comes with...

More...

Android 9 “Pie” Released – Download Firmware Images and AOSP Source Code
    After several Android P developer previews and Android P beta releases, Google has now officially released Android 9 “Pie” operating system which brings new features leveraging artificial...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LicheePi Nano is an SD Card Sized Linux Board Powered by Allwinner F1C

Before Allwinner launched their popular A10 Cortex A8 processor earlier this decade, the company had Allwinner F-series ARM9 processors found in E-ink readers, vehicle multimedia systems, audio...

More...

Check for Spectre, Meltdown, and L1 Terminal Fault Vulnerabilities with Spectre-meltdown-checker Script
    Yesterday, we wrote a little bit about the new speculative execution vulnerability known as L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) or Foreshadow, and a reader – MHSadri – pointed to an interesting...

More...

Tachyon Arduino Zero Compatible Board Features Microchip SAMD51 Arm MCU @ 120 MHz (Crowdfunding)
    Most Arm based Arduino compatible boards come with a Microchip SAMD21 Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU clocked at up to 48 MHz since this is the microcontroller found in the official Arduino Zero and MKRZero...

More...

Arm Roadmap to 2020 Reveals Deimos and Hercules Processors for 5G Laptops
    Arm has just published a roadmap for their Cortex-A processors until 2020, where we can see 7nm Deimos, and 7 to 5 nm Hercules succeeding Arm Cortex A76 core with “laptop class...

More...

Zymkey is a Hardware Security Module for Raspberry Pi Board
    Microchip ATECC508A CryptoAuthentication chip appears to be a popular way to add hardware encryption support to development boards, as we’ve seen previously with 96Boards’ Secure96...

More...

Android 9 Go Edition Uses Less Storage, Boots Faster, and Improves Security
    Android Go Edition was first launched with Android 8 (Oreo) in order to provide an operating systems and Google apps optimized for low-end hardware with less than 1GB RAM. Since then more than 200...

More...

$50 Fish32 Seed “Education” ESP32 Board Comes with Plenty of I/Os, Sensors, and Connectivity Options
    Sometimes I feel the word “Education” is sometimes thrown around for marketing purpose, and AnalogLamb Fish32 Seed board for “ESP32 Community Education Board” feels that way...

More...

More Speculative Execution Exploits – Meet Foreshadow / L1 Terminal Fault
    Speculative execution is a feature to speed up performance of recent processors which works by predicting and loading likely future instructions ahead of time. The features became somewhat famous a...

More...

Apexel “Telescopes” Add 8x to 20x Optical Zoom to Smartphones for $8 and Up
    Smartphones are getting better at taking photos, and cameras in high-end phones are are getting almost as good as DSLR cameras in many cases. However, one advantage of DSLR cameras is that...

More...

Samsung Unveils Exynos Modem 5100 with 5G, 4G, 3G, and 2G Connectivity
    5G will start being deployed sometimes next year, and we’ve already seen announcement of several 5G modem chips including Qualcomm Snapdragon X50, Mediatek Helio M70 , and Huawei Balong 5G01....

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Checking out DevCheck System Info App for Android on NanoPC-T4 Develop

There are already a few ways to get system information in Android. The most obvious is just going into the Settings menu, another solution more detailed but less convenient is to access the terminal...

More...

KINGJIM Pomera DM200 Rockchip RK3128 Portable Mini Computer Can Run Debian
    Ultra mobile portable computers (UMPC) are somewhat making a come back with products such as GPD Pocket 2 or DragonBox Pyra open source handheld computer. While being fairly powerful, neither devices...

More...

Snapdragon 670 Launched with Better Performance and Camera Capabilities, Artificial Intelligence Tech
    Qualcomm has just introduced another of their “Mobile Platforms” with Snapdragon 670. The chipset comes with eight Kryo 360 cores, a Snapdragon X12 LTE modem for download speeds up to 600...

More...

PIXY2 Computer Vision Camera Works with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and Other Boards
    Cameras may be used to take holiday photos, but when integrated into robotics projects there may purpose is usually to detect objects and/or patterns. We’ve previously covered specialized...

More...

Espressif Introduces ESP32-WROVER-B Module with 8MB RAM
    ESP32 processor can support PSRAM, and so far I had seen boards or modules with up to 4MB RAM, but if you need more memory, Espressif Systems has now launched ESP32-WROVER-B module with 8MB SPI...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Amlogic T968 Processor is Designed for Smart 4K UHD TVs and Smart Proj

Amlogic S-series processors are the most well-known processors by Amlogic with parts like S905X or S912, but the company is also offering other families with the new A-series for smart audio...

More...

USB Charging Actually Poses Security Risks – Hacking a Laptop via a USB-C Adapter
    Smartphones have been charged over USB for many years, but with the advance of USB type-C now even laptops may be charged over USB, instead of the typical DC power barrel jack. Why am I writing about...

More...

Linux 4.18 Release – Main Changes, Arm and MIPS Architecture
    Linus Torvalds has just announced the release of Linux 4.18: One week late(r) and here we are – 4.18 is out there. It was a very calm week, and arguably I could just have released on schedule...

More...

Amlogic Open Source Video Decoder Driver Coming Soon for S905, S905X and S912 Processors
    Allwinner processors aren’t the only ones getting an open source hardware video decoding / encoding support in Linux, as Maxim Jourdan recently submitted a patchset to Amlogic Linux mailing...

More...

Dragino LoRaST M.2 LoRa Card Convert Compatible Platforms into LoRa Nodes
    Modern motherboards or single board computers often expose mPCIe or M.2 / NGFF socket, and we’ve seen it was possible to easily add a LoRa radio using RAK833 mPCIe LoRaWAN gateway card to...

More...

NanoPC-T4 Review with Android 7.1 Firmware
    NanoPC-T4 is one of the many Rockchip RK3399 SBCs now available, and as we’ve seen in the “unboxing review” the company sent me two samples. So far, I’ve been reviewing RK3399...

More...

How to Build an Orange Pi Zero LoRa Gateway
    LoRa gateways tend to be fairly expensive, especially because of the radio part, but anything that may help lower the cost is probably welcomed. And one way to to do that is to use dirt cheap boards...

More...

Self-hosted OpenGL ES Development on ChromeOS?
    This is a guest post by blu about developing OpenGL ES applications on Chrome OS. Ever since I’ve been using a chromebook in developer mode as my daily notebook (can’t beat 10h-plus battery life on...

More...

ioLight High Resolution Portable Microscope Works with Tablets and Smartphones
    We’ve all read about those cheap USB microscopes that can be used to checkout PCB issues or read IC part numbers, but ioLight is a different beast. The device is a proper microscope offering up...

More...

Samsung Galaxy Note9 Launched with Exynos 9810 or Snapdragon 845, 4,000 mAh Battery, S-Pen
    Samsung has just launched a new version of their Galaxy Note smartphone with Samsung Galaxy Note9, and it’s always interesting to check out the specifications and features to see if...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Build an Orange Pi Zero LoRa Gateway

LoRa gateways tend to be fairly expensive, especially because of the radio part, but anything that may help lower the cost is probably welcomed. And one way to to do that is to use dirt cheap boards...

More...

Self-hosted OpenGL ES Development on ChromeOS?
    This is a guest post by blu about developing OpenGL ES applications on Chrome OS. Ever since I’ve been using a chromebook in developer mode as my daily notebook (can’t beat 10h-plus battery life on...

More...

ioLight High Resolution Portable Microscope Works with Tablets and Smartphones
    We’ve all read about those cheap USB microscopes that can be used to checkout PCB issues or read IC part numbers, but ioLight is a different beast. The device is a proper microscope offering up...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Access SAMBA Shares in Android with File Browser by Astro

My go-to Android file manager used to be ES File Manager until… today. The free version of the app already had some annoying floating widgets and all sort of things you would be expect to be...

More...

Forlinx OK5718-C Development Board is Powered by TI AM5718 Cortex-A15/M4 processor
    Forlinx Embedded Technology (Forlinx) has just launched a new development board for indsutrial applications with audio and video processing requirements. OK5718-C development board features Texas...

More...

ANAVI Play pHAT OSHW Board Adds 8 Buttons, I2C Headers to Raspberry Pi Boards (Crowdfunding)
    Leon ANAVI has been learning KiCad open source EDA suite in his spare time, and developed several Raspberry Pi (p)HAT add-on boards such as ANAVI pHAT Light to control LED RGB strips, or ANAVI...

More...

Tranquil PC’s AMD Ryzen Embedded Mini PC Supports Up to 4 Displays
    AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 processor family was introduced last February, but if you’d wanted to buy a Ryzen Embedded mini PC today, you’ struggle to do so at least for a retail model. One...

More...

Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G (AMD Ryzen 7 2700U) Laptop – Installing Ubuntu 18.04 and “Hidden” M.2 SSD Socket
    Everyday I’m using a tower PC running Ubuntu 18.04 to take care of this blog, but when I travel it’s obviously not so convenient, so a few years ago I bought an Acer Aspire E5-421G...

More...

Embedded Linux Conference Europe & OpenIoT Summit Europe 2018 Schedule
    The Embedded Linux Conference & OpenIoT Summit 2018 took place in March of this year in the US, but the European version of the events are now planned to take place on October 21-24 in Edinburg,...

More...

Check for Spectre, Meltdown, and L1 Terminal Fault Vulnerabilities with Spectre-meltdown-checker Script
    Yesterday, we wrote a little bit about the new speculative execution vulnerability known as L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) or Foreshadow, and a reader – MHSadri – pointed to an interesting...

More...

Tachyon Arduino Zero Compatible Board Features Microchip SAMD51 Arm MCU @ 120 MHz (Crowdfunding)
    Most Arm based Arduino compatible boards come with a Microchip SAMD21 Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU clocked at up to 48 MHz since this is the microcontroller found in the official Arduino Zero and MKRZero...

More...

Arm has just published a roadmap for their Cortex-A processors until 2020, where we can see 7nm Deimos, and 7 to 5 nm Hercules succeeding Arm Cortex A76 core with “laptop class...

More...

Microchip ATECC508A CryptoAuthentication chip appears to be a popular way to add hardware encryption support to development boards, as we’ve seen previously with 96Boards’ Secure96...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Android 9 Go Edition Uses Less Storage, Boots Faster, and Improves Sec

Android Go Edition was first launched with Android 8 (Oreo) in order to provide an operating systems and Google apps optimized for low-end hardware with less than 1GB RAM. Since then more than 200...

More...

$50 Fish32 Seed “Education” ESP32 Board Comes with Plenty of I/Os, Sensors, and Connectivity Options
    Sometimes I feel the word “Education” is sometimes thrown around for marketing purpose, and AnalogLamb Fish32 Seed board for “ESP32 Community Education Board” feels that way...

More...

Speculative execution is a feature to speed up performance of recent processors which works by predicting and loading likely future instructions ahead of time. The features became somewhat famous a...

More...

Apexel “Telescopes” Add 8x to 20x Optical Zoom to Smartphones for $8 and Up
    Smartphones are getting better at taking photos, and cameras in high-end phones are are getting almost as good as DSLR cameras in many cases. However, one advantage of DSLR cameras is that...

More...

5G will start being deployed sometimes next year, and we’ve already seen announcement of several 5G modem chips including Qualcomm Snapdragon X50, Mediatek Helio M70 , and Huawei Balong 5G01....

More...

USB Charging Actually Poses Security Risks – Hacking a Laptop via a USB-C Adapter
    Smartphones have been charged over USB for many years, but with the advance of USB type-C now even laptops may be charged over USB, instead of the typical DC power barrel jack. Why am I writing about...

More...

Linus Torvalds has just announced the release of Linux 4.18: One week late(r) and here we are – 4.18 is out there. It was a very calm week, and arguably I could just have released on schedule...

More...

Amlogic Open Source Video Decoder Driver Coming Soon for S905, S905X and S912 Processors
    Allwinner processors aren’t the only ones getting an open source hardware video decoding / encoding support in Linux, as Maxim Jourdan recently submitted a patchset to Amlogic Linux mailing...

More...

Dragino LoRaST M.2 LoRa Card Convert Compatible Platforms into LoRa Nodes
    Modern motherboards or single board computers often expose mPCIe or M.2 / NGFF socket, and we’ve seen it was possible to easily add a LoRa radio using RAK833 mPCIe LoRaWAN gateway card to...

More...

NanoPC-T4 Review with Android 7.1 Firmware
    NanoPC-T4 is one of the many Rockchip RK3399 SBCs now available, and as we’ve seen in the “unboxing review” the company sent me two samples. So far, I’ve been reviewing RK3399...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ANAVI Play pHAT OSHW Board Adds 8 Buttons, I2C Headers to Raspberry Pi

Leon ANAVI has been learning KiCad open source EDA suite in his spare time, and developed several Raspberry Pi (p)HAT add-on boards such as ANAVI pHAT Light to control LED RGB strips, or ANAVI...

More...

AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 processor family was introduced last February, but if you’d wanted to buy a Ryzen Embedded mini PC today, you’ struggle to do so at least for a retail model. One...

More...

Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G (AMD Ryzen 7 2700U) Laptop – Installing Ubuntu 18.04 and “Hidden” M.2 SSD Socket
    Everyday I’m using a tower PC running Ubuntu 18.04 to take care of this blog, but when I travel it’s obviously not so convenient, so a few years ago I bought an Acer Aspire E5-421G...

More...

The Embedded Linux Conference & OpenIoT Summit 2018 took place in March of this year in the US, but the European version of the events are now planned to take place on October 21-24 in Edinburg,...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Apexel “Telescopes” Add 8x to 20x Optical Zoom to Smartphones for $8 a

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MuxPi Board Relies on NanoPi NEO to Enable Remote Testing of Developme

Product development often occurs in different location over the world, there may be one team in Asia, and another in Europe and the US. At the beginning, the number of working samples for a board may...

More...

Kohler Novita “Therapy Bidet” Bluetooth LE Enabled Toilet Seat Works with Android & iOS Smartphones
    If you’ve ever been to Japan, and to a lesser extend in Korea, you’ll probably have used one those toilet seat that sprays water, and ends with a gentle drying once you’re done with...

More...

Samsung Introduces Exynos i S111 NB-IoT Modem + GNSS Chip
    Samsung has just announced their first NB-IoT solution with Exynos i S111 chipset with a single chip integrating an NB-IoT capable LTE modem, RF IC, an on-chip security sub-system, and a PUF...

More...

?Art is a Universal USB to UART-TTL Adapter with Safety Features (Crowdfunding)
    I’ve never had specific issues with USB to TTL debug boards personally, but potentially you could damage the target if you select one with the wrong voltage, and for more advanced use cases...

More...

n-fuse LoRaWAN Concentrator mini PCIe Card Comes with either SX1301 or SX1308 Chip
    Most gateways are based on Semtech SX1301 chip, but the company unveiled a SX1308 chip for picocell gateways back in 2016 that’s supposed to be cheaper and used indoors. Designs have been slow...

More...

Review of Firefly-RK3399 Board with Android 8.1 Firmware
    Last week, I tested Android 7.1 on NanoPC-T4 Rockchip RK3399 SBC, and this week, I’ve given a try at Android 8.1 (Beta) on Firefly-RK3399 Board. Since it’s still a beta version, I’m...

More...

Embedded Base Boot Requirements (EBBR) Project Aims to Standardize Booting on Embedded Systems
    Desktop and server systems relies on standardized interfaces between the bootloader and the OS like UEFI and ACPI, but for embedded systems the way the bootloader, often U-boot, handles the boot flow...

More...

How to Make a Cheap Single Channel Gateway with an ESP32 LoRa Board
    Actual LoRaWAN gateways based on Semtech SX1301 concentrator can be pretty expensive, and even if you take a LoRa gateway design based on Raspberry Pi for indoor placement or experimentation, price...

More...

Pocket Science Lab (PSLab) is an Open Source Hardware Electronics Lab
    Last Saturday I created a virtual schedule for the Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2018 where I listed some of sessions relevant to myself and hopefully regular readers of CNX Software, but due to...

More...

Forlinx OK5718-C Development Board is Powered by TI AM5718 Cortex-A15/M4 processor
    Forlinx Embedded Technology (Forlinx) has just launched a new development board for indsutrial applications with audio and video processing requirements. OK5718-C development board features Texas...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Review of Firefly-RK3399 Board with Android 8.1 Firmware

Last week, I tested Android 7.1 on NanoPC-T4 Rockchip RK3399 SBC, and this week, I’ve given a try at Android 8.1 (Beta) on Firefly-RK3399 Board. Since it’s still a beta version, I’m...

More...

Embedded Base Boot Requirements (EBBR) Project Aims to Standardize Booting on Embedded Systems
    Desktop and server systems relies on standardized interfaces between the bootloader and the OS like UEFI and ACPI, but for embedded systems the way the bootloader, often U-boot, handles the boot flow...

More...

How to Make a Cheap Single Channel Gateway with an ESP32 LoRa Board
    Actual LoRaWAN gateways based on Semtech SX1301 concentrator can be pretty expensive, and even if you take a LoRa gateway design based on Raspberry Pi for indoor placement or experimentation, price...

More...

Pocket Science Lab (PSLab) is an Open Source Hardware Electronics Lab
    Last Saturday I created a virtual schedule for the Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2018 where I listed some of sessions relevant to myself and hopefully regular readers of CNX Software, but due to...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arm Roadmap to 2020 Reveals Deimos and Hercules Processors for 5G Lapt

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arduino Releases Command Line Interface (CLI) Alpha Preview

So far, AFAIK the only official ways to program Arduino boards were through the Arduino IDE program, or the cloud-based Arduino Create which works in your web browser and does not require any...

More...

Axiomtek SDM300S is an Intel Apollo Lake Smart Display Module (SDM-S) for Digital Signage
    Way back in 2010, Intel introduced the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) defining mechanical and electrical parameters for players to be integrated into digital signage displays, with the goal of...

More...

NanoPi M4 Raspberry Pi Inspired RK3399 Board Launched for $65 and Up
    As expected, FriendlyELEC has now launched NanoPi M4 board, a lower cost version of NanoPC-T4 Rockchip RK3399 SBC, and mostly following Raspberry Pi form factor. How much you may ask? That would be...

More...

CHOETECH 24W Foldable Solar Charger Review
    A short while ago, I wrote about a tri-panel waterproof solar power bank that delivers up to 4 Watts and comes with 10,000 mAh capacity. I’ve now received a sample of a somewhat similar...

More...

PiMecha Humanoid Robot Based on Raspberry Pi Sells for about $500
    SB Components introduced PiMecha humanoid robot powered by a Raspberry Pi Zero (W)/ A+ / 2 / 3 (B+) board, and offering 17 degrees of freedom (DoF) on Kickstarter a few months ago. But with KS...

More...

TableX Arm Linux Tablet Runs Armbian Ubuntu, To Launch for 89 Euros
    If you want an Arm Linux laptop, you have already some choices with products such as Pine64 Pinebook, or Olimex TERES-I open source hardware laptop, but if instead you’d rather do without...

More...

Kohler Novita “Therapy Bidet” Bluetooth LE Enabled Toilet Seat Works with Android & iOS Smartphones
    If you’ve ever been to Japan, and to a lesser extend in Korea, you’ll probably have used one those toilet seat that sprays water, and ends with a gentle drying once you’re done with...

More...

Samsung Introduces Exynos i S111 NB-IoT Modem + GNSS Chip
    Samsung has just announced their first NB-IoT solution with Exynos i S111 chipset with a single chip integrating an NB-IoT capable LTE modem, RF IC, an on-chip security sub-system, and a PUF...

More...

?Art is a Universal USB to UART-TTL Adapter with Safety Features (Crowdfunding)
    I’ve never had specific issues with USB to TTL debug boards personally, but potentially you could damage the target if you select one with the wrong voltage, and for more advanced use cases...

More...

n-fuse LoRaWAN Concentrator mini PCIe Card Comes with either SX1301 or SX1308 Chip
    Most gateways are based on Semtech SX1301 chip, but the company unveiled a SX1308 chip for picocell gateways back in 2016 that’s supposed to be cheaper and used indoors. Designs have been slow...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default BlitzWolf Inexpensive & Compact EU & US Smart Sockets Work with ESPurn

When I first started to look into WiFi smart sockets a few years, there were some fairly compact models such as the Linux based Kankun KK-SP3 or ESP8266 based Konke Mini K sockets. In recent years,...

More...

Seeed Studio Introduces 1 to 8 Channels Grove I2C Solid State Relay Modules
    I’ve been playing with products or boards with AC relays for a while, but I never really cared to check about different types of relay. So far, all platforms I tested came with largish blue or...

More...

Intel Core Y-series and U-series 8th Gen Processors Target Laptops with Built-in Gigabit WiFi, Optional LTE Connectivity
    We discovered three Intel Amber Lake processors with a 5W TDP through a leak last month namely Core m3-8100Y, Core i5-8200Y, Core i7-8500Y dual core/quad thread processors. Intel has now made an...

More...

MCC 118 DAQ HAT Enables Up to 64-Channel Voltage Measurement on Raspberry Pi Boards
    Measurement Computing Corp. (MCC) has recently introduced their MCC 118 DAQ HAT for Raspberry Pi which includes 8 analog inputs for voltage measurements between +/- 10V at a 100kS/s data rate. You...

More...

Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 Snapdragon 845 Smartphone Launched for $300 and up in 65 Countries
    Several manufacturer have launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 powered smartphones, including Samsung with Galaxy Note9 and Galaxy S9/S9+ models. Those premium smartphones are normally pretty expensive...

More...

VMWare Showcases ESXi Bare Metal Hypervisor Support for ARM64 Edge Servers
    As I checked my Twitter timeline in Thunderbird this morning, I started to see a lot of tweets about #VMworld2018 and “ESXi on 64-bit Arm”. What is that? VMWare has just announced and...

More...

RockPro64 RK3399 Board Linux Review with Ubuntu 18.04 + LXDE
    Let’s do one more RK3399 Linux review using Pine64 RockPro64 development board. After shortly checking out the hardware, I’ll test Ubuntu 18.04 “Bionic” LXDE on the board,...

More...

MicroWebSrv Lightweight HTTP Web Server Supports HTML/Python Language Templating
    There are many languages that can be used to create a web page: HTML, HTML5, JavaScript, PHP, etc… But Python? Apparently yes, as MicroWebSrv lightweight web server – mostly designed...

More...

UltraZed-EV Starter Kit Support Simultaneous 4K Encoding and Decoding with Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ EV MPSoC
    Xilinx unveiled Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC‘s combining Arm Cortex A53/R5 cores with FPGA fabric back in 2015. and we started to see development boards and products based on the solution starting in...

More...

Tanix TX3 Mini L Amlogic S905W TV Box with 2GB RAM Sells for as low as $16.99 (Promo)
    Last year, it was relatively easy to find promotions for ultra cheap TV boxes selling for under $20, but with the price increase of flash and RAM chips it has become harder to find. GearBest has now...

More...

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast