Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SDMC DV8020 & DV8035 Full HD HDR TV Boxes Feature Amlogic S805X Proces

Most new Android TV boxes on the market today support 4K resolution at least up to 30 Hz, but Amlogic decided to target the lower end of the market with S805X quad core Cortex A53 processor that...

More...

Pandora’s Box 5S Arcade Game Console – Teardown and Mini Review
    Last year – and even in 2016 – , there was a fair amount of new retro gaming news, with products such a Nintendo SNES Classic Edition or GameShell Portable Retro console, as well as...

More...

Getting Started with ANAVI Light pHat Starter Kit with RGB LED Strip, Light Sensor
    ANAVI Light pHAT is an expansion board best suited for Raspberry Pi Zero (W/WH) boards, but also working with any other Raspberry Pi boards with a 40-pin header, that can control a 12V RGB LED strip...

More...

QNAP Launches TS-128A & TS-228A Entry-Level NAS Powered by Realtek RTD1295 SoC
    Realtek RTD1295 can be found in mid range to high-end 4K TV boxes that often include a SATA bay or interface, as well as an HDMI input port that supports PVR, PiP, and UDP broadcasting, with the...

More...

ASRock Unveils J4105-ITX & J4105B-ITX Gemini Lake Mini-ITX Motherboards
    We’ve already seen several Intel Gemini Lake mini PCs at CES 2018 from companies such as ZOTAC, MeLE or ECS, but if we exclude LattePanda Delta development board, I had not seen any...

More...

$38 MECOOL M8S PRO W “with Voice Control” TV Box Runs Android TV 7.1 OS
    There was a time when most TV boxes would run Android operating system for mobile with lots of modifications to make it suitable for the big screen, except for a few models that would run the...

More...

ORICO 1088USJ3 Multi-Bay SATA to USB3.0 Enclosure Supports up to Ten 3.5? Hard Drives
    USB expansion drives and multi-bay NAS devices are both very common form of storage which have different applications, but I had never thought or seen multi-bay USB expansion drivers until I came...

More...

ODROID-HC2 Linux NAS System for 3.5? Hard Drives Launched for $54
    We knew it was coming, and Hardkernel has now launched an updated version of the ODROID-HC1, called ODROID-HC2 based on the same Samsung Exynos 5422 board, but instead supporting 3.5″ hard...

More...

Cracking Open a Self-Powered Shower Temperature Display
    A month ago, I wrote about a $10 self-powered thermometer display that connects to your shower header and can display the water temperature near real-time to help with mixing hot and cold water tap...

More...

Samsung Unveils Exynos 7872 Hexa-core Arm Cortex A73/A53 Mobile Processor
    Samsung has introduced a new hexa-core Exynos 5 series processor with Exynos 7872 featuring two Cortex A73 cores, four Cortex A53 cores, a Mali-G71 MP1 GPU, and an LTE modem that supports Category 7...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ZidooLab OPS Android Digital Signage Players are Powered by Rockchip R

Zidoo is known for their Arm based Android TV boxes targeting the consumer market, but the company also runs ZidooLab for the B2B market, and especially digital signage application, which may explain...

More...

Review of GOLE 10 Mini PC with 10.1? Touchscreen Display – Part 2: Windows 10 Pro
    Depending on your point of view, GOLE 10 is a mini PC with a touchscreen display, or a really thick tablet with an inclined display. I’ve already received a sample, and had a look at the...

More...

Ikascope WS200 Oscilloscope and ScanaQuad SQ50 Logic Analyzer & Pattern Generator Review – Part 1: Unboxing
    IkaScope WS200 WiFi oscilloscope fits in your hand like a pen, and works with devices running desktop or mobile operating systems, namely Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS. I covered the...

More...

Compulab CL-SOM-iMX8 SoM Features NXP i.MX 8M Processor for $68 and Up
    I just covered one of the i.MX 8M systems-on-module last Friday with Variscite DART-MX8M SoM, but Variscite is not the only company about to launch such modules, and today I’ll have a look at...

More...

“New” Raspberry Pi Zero WH Launched with Pre-Soldered Headers
    Raspberry Pi Zero W was launched in February 2017 for $10 as an update to RPi Zero adding WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. The Raspberry Pi foundation has now announced a new model called Raspberry...

More...

H2-RK3229 is a Rockchip RK3229 TV Box with a 2.5? SATA Drive Bay
    Rockchip RK3229 is a quad core Cortex A7 for entry-level 4K TV boxes, and usually found in the cheapest TV boxes with factory price (MOQ) starting at around $18, and the bare minimum of 1GB of RAM,...

More...

ECS LIVA Z2, LIVA Q2 & LIVA One SoC Gemini Lake Mini PCs Introduced at CES 2018
    ECS (Elitegroup Computer Systems) was another company introducing their Gemini Lake mini PC at CES 2018, or as they call them “ultra-compact form-factor” (UCFF) PCs. They had three...

More...

Variscite DART-MX8M is a Compact NXP i.MX 8M System-on-Module
    NXP has recently launched their i.MX 8M evaluation kit and released documentation, so we can expect multiple products based on the family in 2018. The new NXP i.MX 64-bit processors include three...

More...

Zidoo Unveils Poster Wall 2.0 App, High-end Zidoo X20 Pro RTD1296 Media Player Coming Soon
    Zidoo has some news for their Realtek RTD1295/RTD1296 powered devices such as Zidoo X8, X9S, or X10. First, the company will soon release a firmware update that includes Poster Wall 2.0, an app that...

More...

Quokka IoT FPGA Board is Programmable with C# Language (Crowdfunding)
    Quokka FPGA IoT Controller is a board based on Altera Cyclone IV FPGA with a WiPy module for connectivity, and various I/Os that allows you to make robotics projects for example. While you could...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MeLE A1000 TV Box is Back! Cost: $29.99 Shipped

MeLE A1000 is an Android TV box powered by Allwinner A10 Arm Cortex A8 processor that was launched in 2012 with Android 2.3, and was featured prominently on this blog, as arm-netbook then linux-sunxi...

More...

Logic Supply Introduces ML350 Customizable Fanless Industrial Computer Based on Intel Apollo Lake Processor
    Logic Supply has just unveiled their latest industrial grade computer with ML350 model that features an Intel Celeron or Pentium Apollo Lake processor, with up to 8GB RAM, two DisplayPorts, up to two...

More...

$210 GPD XD Plus Handheld Android Game Console Launched with Mediatek MT8173 Cortex A73/A53 SoC
    Not everybody is willing to spend around $650 on the recently announced GPD Win 2 portable Windows game console, and for people with a lower budget and happy to play Android games, the company has...

More...

Building a Compact Digital TV Transmitter with Raspberry Pi Zero, Pi Camera, and LimeSDR Mini USB SDR Board
    There are few affordable standalone systems that allow you to transmit video over the air, and back in 2016, I had the chance to check out V-Bridge Muses-? MPEG-2/-4 encoder and DTV modular taking...

More...

Mainline Linux on Amlogic S905/S905X/S912 SoCs – 2018 Status Update
    BayLibre is working on mainline Linux for Amlogic SoC, and in February of last year, Neil Armstrong gave a presentation entitled “Mainline Linux on AmLogic SoCs” at the Embedded Linux...

More...

$6 Maker UNO Arduino UNO Clone Comes with Micro USB Power, I/O LEDs, and a Buzzer
    Arduino UNO is one of the older Arduino boards, but also one of the most popular, and there are already many clones, which you can buy for as low as $3 shipped. But Malaysian based Cytron...

More...

BigClown is a Battery Powered Modular Wireless IoT Kit for Makers (Crowdfunding)
    BigClown IoT Kit is designed to be as easy to use as building a castle from LEGO bricks or an IKEA cabinet. The open source kit is comprised of a coreboard module with STMicro STM32L0 Cortex M0+...

More...

Pulurobot is a Low Cost Open Source Raspberry Pi based Load Carrying Autonomous Robot
    Earlier today I wrote about FOSDEM 2018 schedule, and among the various talks I selected for my virtual schedule was “How to build an autonomous robot for less than 2K€”. Some excerpt...

More...

Nordic nRF91 Multimode LTE-M / NB-IoT SiP Embeds Arm Cortex-M33, Arm TrustZone, and Assisted GPS
    Nordic Semi will soon launch nRF19 series low power cellular IoT solution, that consists of a system-in-package (SiP) combining a global multimode LTE-M / NB-IoT modem, an Arm Cortex-M33 core, Arm...

More...

FOSDEM 2018 Open Source Developers Meeting Schedule
    FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Software Developers’ European Meeting) occurs every year on the first week-end of February, where developers meet for two days discussing about open source software...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Xiaomi Sherlock M1 Allows You to Unlock Your Door with Your Smartphone

Xiaomi has recently launched a new product from their MiJia (My Home) family with Sherlock M1 smart lock, which can you stick to the inside part of your security lock, insert the key, and them...

More...

Last year – and even in 2016 – , there was a fair amount of new retro gaming news, with products such a Nintendo SNES Classic Edition or GameShell Portable Retro console, as well as...

More...

Getting Started with ANAVI Light pHat Starter Kit with RGB LED Strip, Light Sensor
    ANAVI Light pHAT is an expansion board best suited for Raspberry Pi Zero (W/WH) boards, but also working with any other Raspberry Pi boards with a 40-pin header, that can control a 12V RGB LED strip...

More...

Realtek RTD1295 can be found in mid range to high-end 4K TV boxes that often include a SATA bay or interface, as well as an HDMI input port that supports PVR, PiP, and UDP broadcasting, with the...

More...

We’ve already seen several Intel Gemini Lake mini PCs at CES 2018 from companies such as ZOTAC, MeLE or ECS, but if we exclude LattePanda Delta development board, I had not seen any...

More...

There was a time when most TV boxes would run Android operating system for mobile with lots of modifications to make it suitable for the big screen, except for a few models that would run the...

More...

ORICO 1088USJ3 Multi-Bay SATA to USB3.0 Enclosure Supports up to Ten 3.5? Hard Drives
    USB expansion drives and multi-bay NAS devices are both very common form of storage which have different applications, but I had never thought or seen multi-bay USB expansion drivers until I came...

More...

We knew it was coming, and Hardkernel has now launched an updated version of the ODROID-HC1, called ODROID-HC2 based on the same Samsung Exynos 5422 board, but instead supporting 3.5″ hard...

More...

Cracking Open a Self-Powered Shower Temperature Display
    A month ago, I wrote about a $10 self-powered thermometer display that connects to your shower header and can display the water temperature near real-time to help with mixing hot and cold water tap...

More...

Samsung Unveils Exynos 7872 Hexa-core Arm Cortex A73/A53 Mobile Processor
    Samsung has introduced a new hexa-core Exynos 5 series processor with Exynos 7872 featuring two Cortex A73 cores, four Cortex A53 cores, a Mali-G71 MP1 GPU, and an LTE modem that supports Category 7...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Review of GOLE 10 Mini PC with 10.1? Touchscreen Display – Part 2: Wi

Depending on your point of view, GOLE 10 is a mini PC with a touchscreen display, or a really thick tablet with an inclined display. I’ve already received a sample, and had a look at the...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mycroft Mark II Smart Speaker / Voice Assistant Works with Open Source

Smart speakers have gain a lot of traction over the last few years, but many of the solutions are based on Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa voice services, with both companies likely tracking your...

More...

AAEON RICO-3399 Pico-ITX Board is Powered by Rockchip RK3399 / OP1 Processor
    We now have a fair amount of boards powered by Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor with Firefly-RK3399, Rockchip Sapphire, VideoStrong VS-RD-RK3399, the upcoming 96boards compliant Rock960, among...

More...

A Wheeled Computer Cart Could be Useful for Desktop PC Towers
    I may be writing a lot about low power mini PCs, but I’m still using a fully fledged desktop tower as my main computer since from time to time I edit videos, build large code bases like the...

More...

Imagination PowerVR Series8XT GT8540 GPU Can Drive up to Six 4K Screens, Supports Hardware Virtualization
    Imagination Technologies introduces PowerVR Furian architecture last year with improved performance, power and density, as well as dual cluster PowerVR Series8XT GT8525 GPU based on the new...

More...

Logic Supply Introduces ML350 Customizable Fanless Industrial Computer Based on Intel Apollo Lake Processor
    Logic Supply has just unveiled their latest industrial grade computer with ML350 model that features an Intel Celeron or Pentium Apollo Lake processor, with up to 8GB RAM, two DisplayPorts, up to two...

More...

$210 GPD XD Plus Handheld Android Game Console Launched with Mediatek MT8173 Cortex A73/A53 SoC
    Not everybody is willing to spend around $650 on the recently announced GPD Win 2 portable Windows game console, and for people with a lower budget and happy to play Android games, the company has...

More...

Building a Compact Digital TV Transmitter with Raspberry Pi Zero, Pi Camera, and LimeSDR Mini USB SDR Board
    There are few affordable standalone systems that allow you to transmit video over the air, and back in 2016, I had the chance to check out V-Bridge Muses-? MPEG-2/-4 encoder and DTV modular taking...

More...

BayLibre is working on mainline Linux for Amlogic SoC, and in February of last year, Neil Armstrong gave a presentation entitled “Mainline Linux on AmLogic SoCs” at the Embedded Linux...

More...

$6 Maker UNO Arduino UNO Clone Comes with Micro USB Power, I/O LEDs, and a Buzzer
    Arduino UNO is one of the older Arduino boards, but also one of the most popular, and there are already many clones, which you can buy for as low as $3 shipped. But Malaysian based Cytron...

More...

BigClown is a Battery Powered Modular Wireless IoT Kit for Makers (Crowdfunding)
    BigClown IoT Kit is designed to be as easy to use as building a castle from LEGO bricks or an IKEA cabinet. The open source kit is comprised of a coreboard module with STMicro STM32L0 Cortex M0+...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pulurobot is a Low Cost Open Source Raspberry Pi based Load Carrying A

Earlier today I wrote about FOSDEM 2018 schedule, and among the various talks I selected for my virtual schedule was “How to build an autonomous robot for less than 2K€”. Some excerpt...

More...

Nordic nRF91 Multimode LTE-M / NB-IoT SiP Embeds Arm Cortex-M33, Arm TrustZone, and Assisted GPS
    Nordic Semi will soon launch nRF19 series low power cellular IoT solution, that consists of a system-in-package (SiP) combining a global multimode LTE-M / NB-IoT modem, an Arm Cortex-M33 core, Arm...

More...

FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Software Developers’ European Meeting) occurs every year on the first week-end of February, where developers meet for two days discussing about open source software...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cracking Open a Self-Powered Shower Temperature Display

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Evercell Thermal Energy Harvester to Power Battery-less IoT Wireless S

In order to be successful the Internet of Things needs to be extremely inexpensive per node, and the problem is that most remote sensors are non powered by batteries, which either needs to be...

More...

Digi Introduces XBeeX3 IoT Modules with New Micro Form Factor, RF and Cellular IoT Connectivity
    Digi International has just announced the Digi XBee3 series of RF modules and cellular IoT modules. The modules will be available in the existing Digi XBee SMT amd through-hole form factor, as well...

More...

Getting Started with TinyLIDAR Time-of-Flight Sensor on Arduino and Raspberry Pi
    TinyLIDAR is an inexpensive and compact board based on STMicro VL53L0X Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensor that allows you to measure distance up to 2 meters using infrared signals, and with up to 60...

More...

UltraZed-EG SoM and Starter Kit Feature Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ ZU3EG MPSoC
    Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ Arm Cortex A53 + FPGA MPSoCs were announced in 2015, with actual products launched in early 2017 such as AXIOM development board or Trenz Electronic TE0808 UltraSOM+...

More...

Xiaomi Mi Box 4 & 4C 4K HDR TV Boxes Launched with Amlogic S905L Processor
    Remember Amlogic S905L Processor? Me neither, but I wrote about it in September 2016, with the processor being an updated version of Amlogic S905X without VP9 support, and adding HDMI 2.0b output...

More...

Linux 4.15 Release – Main Changes, Arm and MIPS Architectures
    Linus Torvald has released Linux 4.15 last Sunday: After a release cycle that was unusual in so many (bad) ways, this last week was really pleasant. Quiet and small, and no last-minute panics, just...

More...

Pine64 to Release RockPro64 Boards Based on Rockchip RK3399 and RK3399Pro for Around $60 and Up
    Several Rockchip RK3399 boards have been announced in the last few days, first with AAEON RICO-3399 Pico-ITX single board computer targeting mostly business customers for digital signage, kiosk or,...

More...

Ericsson Unveils 5G Radio Dot for Better 5G Indoor Coverage
    5G cellular technology is coming sometimes in 2019, before ramping up in 2020 in several countries. The new 3GPP standard will allow maximum bandwidth up to 10 Gigabit per second, and we’ve...

More...

Orange Pi RK3399 Development Board Launched for $109
    Last Friday, I wrote there was already a decent choice of Rockchip RK3399 boards, and added AAEON RICO-3399 pico-ITX board to the list. I forgot about Shenzhen Xunlong’s own Rockchip RK3399...

More...

$2 USB “18650 Battery Shield” Powers Arduino, ESP32, and Other Low Power Boards with a 18650 Battery
    If you’re looking for battery power for one of your projects, you may consider a “18650 battery shield” – going for just above $2 on Aliexpress or eBay – for powering...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Compute Cards Review – Windows 10 and Ubuntu 17.04 on CD1C64GK,

The Intel Compute Stick revolutionized the mini PC market through the introduction of x86 based processors making Windows available as an OS option. However, for Intel the biggest target market...

More...

We now have a fair amount of boards powered by Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor with Firefly-RK3399, Rockchip Sapphire, VideoStrong VS-RD-RK3399, the upcoming 96boards compliant Rock960, among...

More...

I may be writing a lot about low power mini PCs, but I’m still using a fully fledged desktop tower as my main computer since from time to time I edit videos, build large code bases like the...

More...

Imagination PowerVR Series8XT GT8540 GPU Can Drive up to Six 4K Screens, Supports Hardware Virtualization
    Imagination Technologies introduces PowerVR Furian architecture last year with improved performance, power and density, as well as dual cluster PowerVR Series8XT GT8525 GPU based on the new...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Nordic nRF91 Multimode LTE-M / NB-IoT SiP Embeds Arm Cortex-M33, Arm T

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HE3D K280 Delta 3D Printer Review – Part 2: Upgrades, Calibration, and

Karl here with part 2 of my experiences with the K280. In the first part of HE3D K280 3D printer review, I spoke about some of the challenges with the K280 getting it calibrated and getting Marlin to...

More...

Bootlin Wants to Bring Allwinner VPU Support to Mainline Linux (Crowdfunding)
    I wrote about Free Electrons several times in the past due to their work on porting Arm SoCs to mainline Linux. Free Electrons is no more. But don’t be sad, as it’s not because they...

More...

M1 3D Holographic Display is a Fan Showing Holograms from Videos and Photos
    I’ve been watching or reading news about holographic displays recently where you can watch 3D objects into space without 3D glasses. Not the IoT gateway with an holographic maid, but I watched...

More...

AAEON FWS-2360 Denverton Desktop Network Appliance Supports up to 6 Ethernet Ports, SATA Storage
    Last summer, we started to see products and motherboards based on Intel Atom C3000 series Denverton SoC, including GIGABYTE MA10-ST0 server motherboard and Axiomtek NA362 network appliance with up to...

More...

Pine64 ClusterBoard is Now Available for $100 with one Free SOPINE A64 System-on-Module
    We’ve previously reported Pine64 had developed “Sopine Clusterboard” for a specific project with support for up to seven SOPINE A64 SoMs powered by Allwinner A64 quad core Cortex...

More...

Amarula Vyasa is a $150 Pico-ITX Single Board Computer Powered by Rockchip RK3288 SoC
    Yesterday, as I published Linux 4.15 changelog for Arm and MIPS, I discovered a new Rockchip RK3288 platform described as “Amarula Vyasa single board computer”, so that got me interested....

More...

Pine H64 Development Board Features Allwinner H6 processor, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 and PCIe for $26 and Up
    As expected, Pine64 has now launched Pine H64 development board, powered by Allwinner H6 quad core processor, and contrary to Orange Pi H6 boards, it exposes both Gigabit Ethernet, and a USB 3.0...

More...

Intel Gemini Lake NUC7CJY/NUC7PJY Kits and Mini PC Specifications Released
    Based on Intel NUC 2018/2019 roadmap published, we expected the first Intel Gemini Lake NUC mini PC to launch right at the end of 2017, but there’s been some delays. Since then we’ve...

More...

Digi Introduces XBeeX3 IoT Modules with New Micro Form Factor, RF and Cellular IoT Connectivity
    Digi International has just announced the Digi XBee3 series of RF modules and cellular IoT modules. The modules will be available in the existing Digi XBee SMT amd through-hole form factor, as well...

More...

Getting Started with TinyLIDAR Time-of-Flight Sensor on Arduino and Raspberry Pi
    TinyLIDAR is an inexpensive and compact board based on STMicro VL53L0X Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensor that allows you to measure distance up to 2 meters using infrared signals, and with up to 60...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UltraZed-EG SoM and Starter Kit Feature Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ ZU3EG

Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ Arm Cortex A53 + FPGA MPSoCs were announced in 2015, with actual products launched in early 2017 such as AXIOM development board or Trenz Electronic TE0808 UltraSOM+...

More...

Xiaomi Mi Box 4 & 4C 4K HDR TV Boxes Launched with Amlogic S905L Processor
    Remember Amlogic S905L Processor? Me neither, but I wrote about it in September 2016, with the processor being an updated version of Amlogic S905X without VP9 support, and adding HDMI 2.0b output...

More...

Linux 4.15 Release – Main Changes, Arm and MIPS Architectures
    Linus Torvald has released Linux 4.15 last Sunday: After a release cycle that was unusual in so many (bad) ways, this last week was really pleasant. Quiet and small, and no last-minute panics, just...

More...

Pine64 to Release RockPro64 Boards Based on Rockchip RK3399 and RK3399Pro for Around $60 and Up
    Several Rockchip RK3399 boards have been announced in the last few days, first with AAEON RICO-3399 Pico-ITX single board computer targeting mostly business customers for digital signage, kiosk or,...

More...

Ericsson Unveils 5G Radio Dot for Better 5G Indoor Coverage
    5G cellular technology is coming sometimes in 2019, before ramping up in 2020 in several countries. The new 3GPP standard will allow maximum bandwidth up to 10 Gigabit per second, and we’ve...

More...

Orange Pi RK3399 Development Board Launched for $109
    Last Friday, I wrote there was already a decent choice of Rockchip RK3399 boards, and added AAEON RICO-3399 pico-ITX board to the list. I forgot about Shenzhen Xunlong’s own Rockchip RK3399...

More...

$2 USB “18650 Battery Shield” Powers Arduino, ESP32, and Other Low Power Boards with a 18650 Battery
    If you’re looking for battery power for one of your projects, you may consider a “18650 battery shield” – going for just above $2 on Aliexpress or eBay – for powering...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Logic Supply Introduces ML350 Customizable Fanless Industrial Computer

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ampere SoC Designed for Cloud Computing Comes with 32 ARMv8 Cores @ 3.

Ampere is a brand new company that has just launched to “address memory performance, cost, space and power constraints for emerging hyperscale cloud applications and next-generation data...

More...

Hardkernel Unveils ODROID-N1 Board with Rockchip RK3399 Processor, 4GB RAM, Dual SATA, and More
    It’s official, there’s a bubble of Rockchip RK3399 boards announcements or launches in early 2018. After AAEON RICO-3399, Orange Pi RK3399, and Pine64 RockPro64, which add to 96Boards...

More...

Vorke V1 Plus Celeron J3455 Mini PC Review with Windows and Ubuntu
    Most Intel based mini PCs use processors classified as ‘Mobile’ as these have lower thermal design power (TDP) ratings which is the maximum amount of heat generated by the processor: However, the new...

More...

MX Pro 4K is an Android 7.0 TV Box powered by Allwinner H5 Processor
    We’ve already seen Allwinner H5 processor in several development boards such as NanoPi NEO2, Orange Pi Zero Plus, or Libre Computer Tritium 2G among other. But while the processor has been...

More...

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Minimal Image Gets Even Smaller (30MB Compressed)
    Sometimes you want to get the smallest image you can get, either because your storage device has limited capacity, you may want a faster boot, oe because you can. In the past, I’ve covered...

More...

Getting Started with IkaScope WiFi Pen-Oscilloscope, and ScanaQuad SQ50 USB Logic Analyzer & Signal Generator
    A couple of weeks ago, I received IkaScope WS200 pen-like WiFi oscilloscope, as well as ScanaQuad SQ50 USB logic analyzer & signal generator, and I’ve already checked out the hardware both...

More...

SiFive Introduces HiFive Unleashed RISC-V Linux Development Board (Crowdfunding)
    RISC-V free and open architecture has gained traction in the last couple of years. SiFive has been one of the most active companies with RISC-V architecture, introducing Freedom U500 and E500 open...

More...

Bootlin Wants to Bring Allwinner VPU Support to Mainline Linux (Crowdfunding)
    I wrote about Free Electrons several times in the past due to their work on porting Arm SoCs to mainline Linux. Free Electrons is no more. But don’t be sad, as it’s not because they...

More...

M1 3D Holographic Display is a Fan Showing Holograms from Videos and Photos
    I’ve been watching or reading news about holographic displays recently where you can watch 3D objects into space without 3D glasses. Not the IoT gateway with an holographic maid, but I watched...

More...

AAEON FWS-2360 Denverton Desktop Network Appliance Supports up to 6 Ethernet Ports, SATA Storage
    Last summer, we started to see products and motherboards based on Intel Atom C3000 series Denverton SoC, including GIGABYTE MA10-ST0 server motherboard and Axiomtek NA362 network appliance with up to...

More...

Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast