Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 17 of 102 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default YokaTV KB1 Android TV Box is Equipped with Two HDMI 2.0 Inputs

We’ve seen in the past some TV boxes with one HDMI input such as Zidoo X9 or EWEAT R9 Plus in order to record an external video source, and possibly use some other features like PiP or video...

More...

Voyo VMac Mini mini PC (Intel Pentium N4200) Benchmarks
    Since I’ve now received hardware Intel Apollo Lake hardware with Voyo VMac Mini mini PCs, I’ve going to run some benchmarks with Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3450 processor to compare the...

More...

Checking Fan Noise and Other Sound Levels with Benetech GM1352 Sound Level Meter
    I wrote about UNI-T UT353 Sound Level Meter a few month ago as I thought it could be a neat way to measure fan noise on some TV boxes and mini PCs in an objective way. I finally ended up buying...

More...

Ebox T8 V Octa-Core Android TV Box Review – Part 2: Android Firmware, EBMC, and Benchmarks
    EBox T8 V (version 5) is the new EntertainmentBox.com_ TV box specially geared towards the UK market with its choice of apps and online shop based in the United Kingdom. It’s an upgrade to EBox...

More...

Yundoo Y8 Rockchip RK3399 TV Box is Up for Pre-order for $111 and Up
    We’ve been waiting for Rockchip RK3399 TV boxes for a long time since the processor was first unveiled in January of last year, and the good news is that the first RK3399 TV box has now been...

More...

Beelink SEA TV Box with Realtek RTD1295, HDMI Input and Internal SATA Bay Sells for $105 and Up
    I’ve already reviewed two Android TV boxes powered by Realtek RTD1295 processor, namely Zidoo X9S and EWEAT R9 Plus. They are quite interesting devices as beside supporting video & audio...

More...

ASUS Tinker Board’s Debian & Kodi Linux Images, Schematics and Documentation
    We discovered ASUS Tinker Board powered by Rockchip RK3288 processor earlier this year via some slides hidden in a dark corner of the Internet… ASUS has been incredibly quiet about it, but as...

More...

CHUWI LapBook 14.1 Apollo Lake Laptop Review – Part 1: Unboxing & (Partial) Teardown
    CHUWI LapBook 14.1 is one the first Intel Apollo Lake laptop launched in the market. It features an Intel Celeron N3450 quad core processor coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and comes with a...

More...

Linux.conf.au Linux Conference Australia Videos Uploaded to YouTube
    Linux.conf.au is a Linux conference that takes place yearly in Australia or New Zealand. This year, the event took place on January 16-20 in_ Hobart in Tasmania, and the schedule was divided into 6...

More...

GOLE360 360 Degrees Video Camera Works with Android Smartphones and in Standalone Mode
    GOLE is better known for their mini PC tablet combos like GOLE1 and GOLE1 Plus, but the company is about to launch GOLE360 360 Degree Panorama VR Action Camera looking very similar to Insta360 Nano...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to use Sonoff POW with ESPurna Firmware and Domoticz Home Automati

Sonoff POW is an ESP8266 based wireless switch with a power meter that comes pre-loaded with a closed-source firmware that works with eWelink app for Android or iOS by default. But we’ve also...

More...

$30 BakeBit Starter Kit Adds Sensors & Buttons to Your NanoPi NEO & NEO Air Boards
    FriendlyElec (previously FriendlyARM) launched NanoPi NEO and then NanoPi NEO Air board as respectively Ethernet and WiFi/Bluetooth connected boards for IoT applications. But so far, there was no...

More...

e-con Systems Launches e-CAM130_CUTX1 Ultra HD Camera for Nvidia Jetson TX1 Development Board
    e-con Systems, an embedded camera solution company, has just announced the launch of e-CAM130_CUTX1 MIPI camera board for NVIDIA Jetson Tegra X1 development kit. The 13MP camera is based on On...

More...

Review of Ebox T8 V Amlogic S912 TV Box with SATA Bay – Part 1: Specs, Unboxing and Teardown
    Last summer I reviewed Ebox T8-4, an Android TV box based on Amlogic S905 processor sold by entertainmentbox.com and geared towards the UK market. Although it had some of the typical issues with HDMI...

More...

Orange Pi Zero NAS Expansion Board with SATA, USB, and AV Port Sells for $10 Shipped
    Orange Pi Zero is a $7 and up board based on Allwinner H2+ quad core Cortex A7 processor with 256 to 512MB RAM, Ethernet, WiFi, and USB, but no video output except on headers, making it more suitable...

More...

Qualcomm’s Alleged “No License, No Chips” Policy Gets it into Trouble with the FTC
    Qualcomm is the leader in baseband processors used for cellular communications in smartphones and other products, and one way the company has become a leader is by leveraging its patents, by either...

More...

NexDock is Working on a Hybrid Laptop Dock for Intel Compute Cards
    NexDock first launched a 14″ laptop dock for smartphones, tablets, and development boards via a Indiegogo campaign in 2016, where they successfully raised over $350,000, and delivered rewards...

More...

$99 Insta360 Air 360 Degrees Video Camera Works with your Android Smartphone and Laptop (Crowdfunding)
    Insta360 Nano is a dual camera designed to take 360 degrees videos selling for $190 and up on Amazon US, but it only works on iPhone 6 & 7 series, so the company has designed a new model –...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lenovo Yoga Book 2-in-1 Hybrid Laptop Features a Drawing Pad instead o

Lenovo has launched yet another 2-in-1 hybrid laptop, but the Yoga Book has some interesting new feature as it does not come with an actual keyboard, but instead a large “Create Pad”...

More...

Add a 2.5a€³ Hard Drive to Voyo VMac Mini mini PC with a $20 Custom SATA Cable
    When I tore down Voyo VMac Mini mini PC, I noticed a 2.5″ mounting mechanism, and some weird 9-pin SATA connector, but since the hard drive would be so close to the components I assumed this...

More...

Voyo VMac Mini mini PC Benchmarks with Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake Processor
    Following up yesterday’s post about Voyo VMac Mini mini PC benchmarks with Intel Pentium N4200 processor, I’ve switched to its cheaper little brother powered by Intel Celeron N3450...

More...

BitScope Blade Industrial Mounting & Power Systems Support Up to 40 Raspberry Pi Boards
    BitScope Designs, a manufacturer of embedded mixed signal test, measurement and data acquisition systems, has announced the launch of a new models of their industrial desktop, rack or wall mountable...

More...

Since I’ve now received hardware Intel Apollo Lake hardware with Voyo VMac Mini mini PCs, I’ve going to run some benchmarks with Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3450 processor to compare the...

More...

Checking Fan Noise and Other Sound Levels with Benetech GM1352 Sound Level Meter
    I wrote about UNI-T UT353 Sound Level Meter a few month ago as I thought it could be a neat way to measure fan noise on some TV boxes and mini PCs in an objective way. I finally ended up buying...

More...

Ebox T8 V Octa-Core Android TV Box Review – Part 2: Android Firmware, EBMC, and Benchmarks
    EBox T8 V (version 5) is the new EntertainmentBox.com_ TV box specially geared towards the UK market with its choice of apps and online shop based in the United Kingdom. It’s an upgrade to EBox...

More...

We’ve been waiting for Rockchip RK3399 TV boxes for a long time since the processor was first unveiled in January of last year, and the good news is that the first RK3399 TV box has now been...

More...

Beelink SEA TV Box with Realtek RTD1295, HDMI Input and Internal SATA Bay Sells for $105 and Up
    I’ve already reviewed two Android TV boxes powered by Realtek RTD1295 processor, namely Zidoo X9S and EWEAT R9 Plus. They are quite interesting devices as beside supporting video & audio...

More...

We discovered ASUS Tinker Board powered by Rockchip RK3288 processor earlier this year via some slides hidden in a dark corner of the Internet… ASUS has been incredibly quiet about it, but as...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default CHUWI LapBook 14.1 Apollo Lake Laptop Review – Part 1: Unboxing & (Par

CHUWI LapBook 14.1 is one the first Intel Apollo Lake laptop launched in the market. It features an Intel Celeron N3450 quad core processor coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and comes with a...

More...

Linux.conf.au is a Linux conference that takes place yearly in Australia or New Zealand. This year, the event took place on January 16-20 in_ Hobart in Tasmania, and the schedule was divided into 6...

More...

GOLE360 360 Degrees Video Camera Works with Android Smartphones and in Standalone Mode
    GOLE is better known for their mini PC tablet combos like GOLE1 and GOLE1 Plus, but the company is about to launch GOLE360 360 Degree Panorama VR Action Camera looking very similar to Insta360 Nano...

More...

$30 BakeBit Starter Kit Adds Sensors & Buttons to Your NanoPi NEO & NEO Air Boards
    FriendlyElec (previously FriendlyARM) launched NanoPi NEO and then NanoPi NEO Air board as respectively Ethernet and WiFi/Bluetooth connected boards for IoT applications. But so far, there was no...

More...

e-con Systems Launches e-CAM130_CUTX1 Ultra HD Camera for Nvidia Jetson TX1 Development Board
    e-con Systems, an embedded camera solution company, has just announced the launch of e-CAM130_CUTX1 MIPI camera board for NVIDIA Jetson Tegra X1 development kit. The 13MP camera is based on On...

More...

Review of Ebox T8 V Amlogic S912 TV Box with SATA Bay – Part 1: Specs, Unboxing and Teardown
    Last summer I reviewed Ebox T8-4, an Android TV box based on Amlogic S905 processor sold by entertainmentbox.com and geared towards the UK market. Although it had some of the typical issues with HDMI...

More...

Orange Pi Zero NAS Expansion Board with SATA, USB, and AV Port Sells for $10 Shipped
    Orange Pi Zero is a $7 and up board based on Allwinner H2+ quad core Cortex A7 processor with 256 to 512MB RAM, Ethernet, WiFi, and USB, but no video output except on headers, making it more suitable...

More...

Qualcomm’s Alleged “No License, No Chips” Policy Gets it into Trouble with the FTC
    Qualcomm is the leader in baseband processors used for cellular communications in smartphones and other products, and one way the company has become a leader is by leveraging its patents, by either...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $79 Digilent OpenScope Open Source Multi-function Programmable Instrum

Digilent OpenScope is an open source, portable, multi-function programmable instrument used for capturing, visualizing, and controlling analog and digital signals, that works with your smartphone or...

More...

MeegoPad T8 TV Stick Supports Dual Displays via HDMI and USB type C Ports
    MeegoPad T8 was a Windows 10 mini projector in 2015, but time has passed, and the company has now decided to use the same name for a Windows 10 HDMI TV stick_ supporting two displays thanks to the...

More...

FOSDEM 2017 Open Source Meeting Schedule
    FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Software Developers’ European Meeting) is a 2-day free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate that happens on the first week-end of February,...

More...

MacroFAB FX Development Board is an Open source Audio Electronics Prototyping Platform (Crowdfunding)
    A couple of years ago, I wrote about a Linux multi-effects guitar pedal, and if you are interested in such audio projects, another company called MacroFab, specializing in manufacturing &...

More...

GIGABYTE EL-30 Apollo Lake Fanless IoT Gateway Powered by Intel Pentium N4200 to Launch in Q2 2017
    GIGABYTE will soon introduce their EL-30 “Intel Apollo Lake IoT Gateway Solution” powered by a quad core Intel Pentium N4200 with 32GB storage, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, dual HDMI...

More...

LibreELEC (Kodi Linux) on Voyo V1 VMac Mini Apollo Lake Mini PC
    I’ve just posted Voyo V1 VMac Mini review with Windows 10 this morning, and at the end I mentioned I quickly tried to run Ubuntu 16.04 without success. Reader Piotr who also happens to be a...

More...

NovaVGA Shield Adds VGA Output to Arduino Boards
    Arduino boards are convenient to control I/Os, link LEDs, and display info on small LCD displays, but if you want to output data to a larger monitor, it’s a bit more complex. NovaVGA shield for...

More...

Voyo (V1) VMac Mini Apollo Lake Mini PC Review – Part 2: Windows 10
    Voyo VMac Mini, also sometimes referred to just Voyo V1, is an actively cooled mini PC powered by Intel Celeron N3450 or Pentium N4200 Apollo Lake processor. I’ve received samples for both, and...

More...

Satechi USB Type-C Power Meter Measures up to 65 Watts
    CHARGER Doctor is a popular USB power meter for USB 2.0 ports that can help you check whether your charger delivers the promised amperage, and if you are dealing with USB powered device you can...

More...

When I tore down Voyo VMac Mini mini PC, I noticed a 2.5″ mounting mechanism, and some weird 9-pin SATA connector, but since the hard drive would be so close to the components I assumed this...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Voyo VMac Mini mini PC Benchmarks with Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake

Following up yesterday’s post about Voyo VMac Mini mini PC benchmarks with Intel Pentium N4200 processor, I’ve switched to its cheaper little brother powered by Intel Celeron N3450...

More...

BitScope Blade Industrial Mounting & Power Systems Support Up to 40 Raspberry Pi Boards
    BitScope Designs, a manufacturer of embedded mixed signal test, measurement and data acquisition systems, has announced the launch of a new models of their industrial desktop, rack or wall mountable...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Targus Universal DisplayLink Docking Stations Support Up to Six 4K Mon

USB type C connectors are becoming more and more common and beside transmitting data and power, some devices also support video over USB which requires a dock, and if you have some serious display...

More...

Linaro Home Group Releases “AOSP” Android TV for Hikey Board
    The Linaro Home Group (LHG) was setup to work on “open source software for ARM-based set top boxes, smart TVs, media boxes, TV dongles and home gateway products”, and after having worked...

More...

Kodi 17 “Krypton” Released, Kodi 18 “Leia” Development Started
    Although not officially announced yet, Kodi developers have finally released Kodi 17 “Krypton” which you can download for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS, as well as Raspberry...

More...

How to Use IPVanish VPN Service on an Android TV Box to Stream Videos from Anywhere
    A few days ago, I completed the review of EBox T8 V Android TV box geared towards the UK market and/or people who want to watch UK content. However this time I did not spent that much time on the...

More...

F&S Elektronik Introduces efus A53LS NXP QorIQ LS1012A System-on-Module for Communication & Networking Applications
    NXP QorIQ LS1012A is a single core Cortex A53 communication processor that offers a 64-bit update to LS1021A dual core Cortex A7 processors found in gateways such as NXP LS1021A-IOTA IoT gateway...

More...

Olimex Teres I A64 DIY Open Source Hardware Laptop Kit Design Complete, To Sell for 225 Euros
    Olimex has been working on an open source hardware Olimex A64 laptop for a little over a year, and the company has now complete thed hardware design of their TERES I laptop, and are working on...

More...

MeegoPad T8 was a Windows 10 mini projector in 2015, but time has passed, and the company has now decided to use the same name for a Windows 10 HDMI TV stick_ supporting two displays thanks to the...

More...

FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Software Developers’ European Meeting) is a 2-day free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate that happens on the first week-end of February,...

More...

MacroFAB FX Development Board is an Open source Audio Electronics Prototyping Platform (Crowdfunding)
    A couple of years ago, I wrote about a Linux multi-effects guitar pedal, and if you are interested in such audio projects, another company called MacroFab, specializing in manufacturing &...

More...

GIGABYTE EL-30 Apollo Lake Fanless IoT Gateway Powered by Intel Pentium N4200 to Launch in Q2 2017
    GIGABYTE will soon introduce their EL-30 “Intel Apollo Lake IoT Gateway Solution” powered by a quad core Intel Pentium N4200 with 32GB storage, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, dual HDMI...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LibreELEC (Kodi Linux) on Voyo V1 VMac Mini Apollo Lake Mini PC

I’ve just posted Voyo V1 VMac Mini review with Windows 10 this morning, and at the end I mentioned I quickly tried to run Ubuntu 16.04 without success. Reader Piotr who also happens to be a...

More...

Arduino boards are convenient to control I/Os, link LEDs, and display info on small LCD displays, but if you want to output data to a larger monitor, it’s a bit more complex. NovaVGA shield for...

More...

Voyo VMac Mini, also sometimes referred to just Voyo V1, is an actively cooled mini PC powered by Intel Celeron N3450 or Pentium N4200 Apollo Lake processor. I’ve received samples for both, and...

More...

CHARGER Doctor is a popular USB power meter for USB 2.0 ports that can help you check whether your charger delivers the promised amperage, and if you are dealing with USB powered device you can...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default CHUWI LapBook 14.1 Apollo Lake Laptop Review – Part 2: Windows 10 Benc

CHUWI LapBook 14.1 is the one of the first Apollo Lake laptop on the market. It features a 14.1″ IPS display, a Celeron N3450 quad core processor, 4GB RAM and 64 GB storage. The company has...

More...

Embedded Linux Conference & OpenIoT Summit 2017 Schedule
    The Embedded Linux Conference 2017 and the OpenIoT Summit 2017 will take place earlier than last year, on February_ 20 – 24, 2017 in Portland, Oregon, USA. This will be the 12th year for ELC, where...

More...

The Linaro Home Group (LHG) was setup to work on “open source software for ARM-based set top boxes, smart TVs, media boxes, TV dongles and home gateway products”, and after having worked...

More...

Although not officially announced yet, Kodi developers have finally released Kodi 17 “Krypton” which you can download for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS, as well as Raspberry...

More...

How to Use IPVanish VPN Service on an Android TV Box to Stream Videos from Anywhere
    A few days ago, I completed the review of EBox T8 V Android TV box geared towards the UK market and/or people who want to watch UK content. However this time I did not spent that much time on the...

More...

F&S Elektronik Introduces efus A53LS NXP QorIQ LS1012A System-on-Module for Communication & Networking Applications
    NXP QorIQ LS1012A is a single core Cortex A53 communication processor that offers a 64-bit update to LS1021A dual core Cortex A7 processors found in gateways such as NXP LS1021A-IOTA IoT gateway...

More...

Olimex Teres I A64 DIY Open Source Hardware Laptop Kit Design Complete, To Sell for 225 Euros
    Olimex has been working on an open source hardware Olimex A64 laptop for a little over a year, and the company has now complete thed hardware design of their TERES I laptop, and are working on...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GIGABYTE EL-30 Apollo Lake Fanless IoT Gateway Powered by Intel Pentiu

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Installing Ubuntu 17.04 on CHUWI LapBook 14.1 Apollo Lake Laptop

Since I’ve completed the review of CHUWI LapBook 14.1 with Windows 10 last week-end, I’ve decided to give it a try with a Linux distribution, and I chose to go with a daily build of...

More...

Intel Atom x7-Z8700 (Cherry Trail) vs Intel Pentium N4200 (Apollo Lake) Benchmarks Comparison
    Mini PCs based on Intel Apollo Lake processors have started selling, and they supposed to be upgrades to Braswell and Cherry Trail processor. I’ve recently had the chance to review Voyo VMac...

More...

Open Surgery Initiative Aims to Build DIY Surgical Robots
    Medical equipments can be really expensive because of the R&D involved and resulting patents, low manufacturing volume, government regulations, and so on. Developed countries can normally afford...

More...

Emdoor EM-QL8170 is One of the First LTE Tablets Designed Thanks to Allwinner & Qualcomm Partnership
    Allwinner and Qualcomm announced a partnership last year to help Chinese manufacturers design entry-level LTE tablets based on Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, and Allwinner collaborated with Emdoor...

More...

Oh Look… Espressif ESP32 Die-shot! That’s Pretty!
    Espressif ESP32 was launched last year as a faster and upgraded version of ESP8266, with a dual core processor, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE. Boards based on the processor are still priced...

More...

Supermicro A2SAV mini-ITX Board Powered by Intel Atom E3940 SoC Features 6 SATA Ports, Dual GbE, and Up to 9 USB Interfaces
    Intel introduced three Atom E3900 series Apollo Lake processors last fall that target IoT, industrial and automotive applications, and Supermicro has designed A2SAV mini-ITX board powered by Atom...

More...

$99 Ping is a Tiny GPS Tracker that Works with Bluetooth and Cellular Connectivity (Crowdfunding)
    Ping GPS Tracker is really small, last several months on a charge, and works with GPS, Bluetooth, and Cellular (GSM/EDGE or HSPA/UMTS) connectivity. It helps you track kids, pets, bags, keys,...

More...

The Embedded Linux Conference 2017 and the OpenIoT Summit 2017 will take place earlier than last year, on February_ 20 – 24, 2017 in Portland, Oregon, USA. This will be the 12th year for ELC, where...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Use IPVanish VPN Service on an Android TV Box to Stream Videos

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Barionet 1000 DIN Rail Programmable I/O Controller Runs OpenWrt

Barix, a Swiss company specializing IP- based communications and control technology, has introduced a new Barionet programmable I/O controller with Barionet 1000, the first model of the company to...

More...

Samsung Introduces Artik 530 IoT Module & Development Kit with WiFi, BLE, and Zigbee/Thread
    Samsung unveiled Artik 1, Artik 5, and Artik 10 IoT modules & development board families in 2015, but since then they dropped the Artik 1 family, and instead launched Artik 0, Artik 5, and Artik_...

More...

LG Watch Style and Watch Sport Smartwatches Launched with Android Wear 2.0
    Google released an Android Wear 2.0 developer preview_ last May at Google I/O 2016, with the new operating system now supporting standalone apps and keyboard and handwriting input method, featuring a...

More...

Dride is a Voice Controlled Dashcam Driving Assistant Powered by a Raspberry Pi Board (Crowdfunding)
    Next Thing introduced Dashbot Car Dashboard Assistant based on CHIP Pro module late last year, and it will get some competition with Dride, a driving assistant powered by Raspberry Pi, that can also...

More...

Sony Has Developed a Smartphone Camera Sensor Capable of Recording 1080p 1000 fps Slow Motion Videos
    Sony has announced what it claims to be the first 3-layer stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM for smartphones, which allows for fast data readout speeds making possible still images capture of fast...

More...

Older Intel Atom C2000 Series Server Chips May Stop Working After a While, and There’s no Fix
    It takes time and efforts to debugging hardware and software to get a product right, but some bugs may be hard to reproduce, or only happen over time, and it appears some Intel Celeron C2000 series...

More...

How to Assign Brightness Keys in Ubuntu 16.04 and Greater
    Yesterday, I installed Ubuntu 17.04 in CHUWI LapBook 14.1, and was surprised everything appeared to work properly. However, the laptop does not come with brightness up and down keys. So I looked for...

More...

Intel Atom x7-Z8700 (Cherry Trail) vs Intel Pentium N4200 (Apollo Lake) Benchmarks Comparison
    Mini PCs based on Intel Apollo Lake processors have started selling, and they supposed to be upgrades to Braswell and Cherry Trail processor. I’ve recently had the chance to review Voyo VMac...

More...

Open Surgery Initiative Aims to Build DIY Surgical Robots
    Medical equipments can be really expensive because of the R&D involved and resulting patents, low manufacturing volume, government regulations, and so on. Developed countries can normally afford...

More...

Emdoor EM-QL8170 is One of the First LTE Tablets Designed Thanks to Allwinner & Qualcomm Partnership
    Allwinner and Qualcomm announced a partnership last year to help Chinese manufacturers design entry-level LTE tablets based on Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, and Allwinner collaborated with Emdoor...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Oh Look… Espressif ESP32 Die-shot! That’s Pretty!

Espressif ESP32 was launched last year as a faster and upgraded version of ESP8266, with a dual core processor, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE. Boards based on the processor are still priced...

More...

Supermicro A2SAV mini-ITX Board Powered by Intel Atom E3940 SoC Features 6 SATA Ports, Dual GbE, and Up to 9 USB Interfaces
    Intel introduced three Atom E3900 series Apollo Lake processors last fall that target IoT, industrial and automotive applications, and Supermicro has designed A2SAV mini-ITX board powered by Atom...

More...

$99 Ping is a Tiny GPS Tracker that Works with Bluetooth and Cellular Connectivity (Crowdfunding)
    Ping GPS Tracker is really small, last several months on a charge, and works with GPS, Bluetooth, and Cellular (GSM/EDGE or HSPA/UMTS) connectivity. It helps you track kids, pets, bags, keys,...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Review & Quick Start Guide for Khadas Vim Pro Development Board with U

Khadas Vim is the only Amlogic S905X development board I’m aware of. There are 4 or 5 versions of the board, but currently only two models are sold: Khadas Vim with 8GB flash and single band...

More...

Dolby Digital (AC3) US Patent Has Expired on February 1, 2017
    Many TV boxes cannot play videos with Dolby Digital (AC3 ) audio because they lack the license, except if you use software like Kodi that downmixes the audio, but most apps won’t, and MX Player...

More...

Baikal T1 BFK 1.6 MIPS Development Board Tested with OpenWrt
    Baikal Electronics is a Russian fabless semiconductor company specializing in_ARM and MIPS-based SoC, and we’ve already covered their Baikal T1 MIPS SoC announcement, as well as Tavolga...

More...

22€ Olimex ESP32-EVB ESP32 Development Board Features an Ethernet Port and Relays
    We already have a good choice of ESP32 development boards, but none of the ones I’ve seen make use of the Ethernet MAC interface found in Espressif ESP32 SoC. Olimex has changed that with their...

More...

Fairphone 2 “Ethical” Smartphone Gets a Ubuntu Port
    Fairphone aims to “create positive social and environmental impact from the beginning to the end of a phone’s life cycle”by designing easy to repair and long lasting phones that can be...

More...

Samsung Introduces Artik 530 IoT Module & Development Kit with WiFi, BLE, and Zigbee/Thread
    Samsung unveiled Artik 1, Artik 5, and Artik 10 IoT modules & development board families in 2015, but since then they dropped the Artik 1 family, and instead launched Artik 0, Artik 5, and Artik_...

More...

LG Watch Style and Watch Sport Smartwatches Launched with Android Wear 2.0
    Google released an Android Wear 2.0 developer preview_ last May at Google I/O 2016, with the new operating system now supporting standalone apps and keyboard and handwriting input method, featuring a...

More...

Dride is a Voice Controlled Dashcam Driving Assistant Powered by a Raspberry Pi Board (Crowdfunding)
    Next Thing introduced Dashbot Car Dashboard Assistant based on CHIP Pro module late last year, and it will get some competition with Dride, a driving assistant powered by Raspberry Pi, that can also...

More...

Sony Has Developed a Smartphone Camera Sensor Capable of Recording 1080p 1000 fps Slow Motion Videos
    Sony has announced what it claims to be the first 3-layer stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM for smartphones, which allows for fast data readout speeds making possible still images capture of fast...

More...

Older Intel Atom C2000 Series Server Chips May Stop Working After a While, and There’s no Fix
    It takes time and efforts to debugging hardware and software to get a product right, but some bugs may be hard to reproduce, or only happen over time, and it appears some Intel Celeron C2000 series...

More...

Page 17 of 102 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast