Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default R-Box Pro 3G Android TV Box Review – Part 2: Android 6.0 Firmware

The vast majority of octa-core Android TV Boxes sold on the market comes with 2GB RAM, but Amlogic S912 based R-Box Pro TV box was interesting with its 3GB RAM option (aka R-Box Pro 3G), as I...

More...

Raspberry Pi 2 Gets an Upgrade to 64-Bit Broadcom BCM2837 Processor with PCB Version 1.2
    With the launch of Raspberry Pi 3 based on Broadcom BCM2837 quad core Cortex A53 processor earlier this year, sales of Raspberry Pi 2 boards have suffering meaning the demand for Broadcom BCM2836...

More...

A Closer Look at Ingenu RPMA Alternative to LoRa or Sigfox LPWAN Standards & RPMA Development Kit
    I’ve recently started to write a bit more about long range LPWAN standards for IoT applications, especially LoRa and Sigfox, as commercial networks are being launched, and relatively low cost...

More...

Vorke Z1 Amlogic S912 Android TV Box Comes with 3GB DDR4 Memory
    DDR4 memory is coming to one more TV box. We first discovered it in Yundoo Y7 TV box powered by Amlogic S905X processor, but now Vorke, which started with Vorke V1 Intel Braswell mini PC and then V2...

More...

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Processor To be Manufactured with Samsung’s 10-nm FinFET Process technology
    Qualcomm Technologies and Samsung Electronics have jointly announced that the upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor for mobile devices will be manufactured using Samsung’s 10-nanometer (nm)...

More...

Khadas Vim Amlogic S905X Android and Linux Development Board Sells for $50 and Up
    Last summer I wrote about Shenzhen Tomato TVI development board powered by Amlogic S905X processor, and at the time the company focused on business to business customers, but the board is now sold as...

More...

Egreat A10 4K Android Media Center Comes with an Internal 3.5a€³ SATA Bay, an external SATA Port and a USB 3.0 Port
    Egreat A10 is an Android TV box powered by Hisilicon Hi3798CV200 processor, coupled with 2GB RAM, 16GB flash, and is an exciting device for people who like to keep the media files on local storage,...

More...

Make-WiFi-Fast Project Massively Improves WiFi Performance of Busy WiFi Routers
    WiFi is a great way to add connectivity to a large group of people, but once everybody tries to connect at the same time, the network often becomes unusable due to very high latency, a problem that...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pine64 PADI IoT Stamp RTL8710AF WiFi Kit Review – Part 2: Serial Conso

PADI IoT Stamp module powered by Realtek RTL8710AF ARM Cortex M3 WiFi SoC is a potential competitor to Espressif ESP8266 modules._ Pine64, the manufacturer of the module, sent me their kit with a $2...

More...

Intel Apollo Lake Compute Sticks Coming in Q2 2017
    Apollo Lake processors have been announced in mini PCs, laptops, development boards, systems-on-module, as well as in Intel’s own NUCs. A new leaked roadmap has now revealed that Intel plans to...

More...

Adding Plus Sign and Tag to Email Address May Help Identify Source of (Spam/Junk) Emails
    I’ve noticed several commenters using email formatted as email+cnx@mail.com or email+spam@mail.com while posting comments on CNX Software blog, but I just thought they were using some specific...

More...

Sevenhugs Smart Remote is a Universal Direction Aware WiFi, Bluetooth and IR Remote Control (Crowdfunding)
    You may have all sort of remote control devices around your home from the traditional IR remote control for your TV, air conditioner, audio system etc.., as well remote control apps for WiFi or...

More...

Himedia Q5 Pro & Q10 Pro TV Boxes Get Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
    The majority of TV boxes sold today are running Android 4.4 to Android 6.0, but with the release of Android 7.0 for smartphones and tablets earlier this year, it was just a question of time before...

More...

PINEBOOK ARM Linux Laptop Powered by Allwinner A64 Processor to Sell for $89 and Up
    Following up on Pine A64 board powered by Allwinner A64 quad core Cortex A53 processor, Pine64 has decided to work on a software compatible laptop based on the processor. PINEBOOK comes with 2GB RAM,...

More...

39 Euros FiPy Board Supports Sigfox, LoRa, LTE Cat M1/NB1, Bluetooth 4.2, and WiFi (Crowdfunding)
    Long range LPWAN solutions have just started to hit the market, and there are so many standards such as Sigfox and LoRa that it’s difficult to know who will eventually be the winner, or if...

More...

Zidoo Releases Digital Signage SDK for X8 and X9S Android TV Boxes
    Zidoo X9S and X8 are Android 6.0 + OpenWrt TV boxes powered by Realtek RTD1295 processor with HDMI input supporting PIP, UDP broadcasting and video recording, which works reasonably well despite some...

More...

OnChip Open-V Open Source 32-bit RISC-V Processor Launched on CrowdSupply
    Open source hardware gives mostly full control over software and hardware, but there are different levels of openess, with some companies wrongly claiming their product to be open source hardware...

More...

International Black Friday 2016 Deals and Coupons
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016 are coming up in the next few days, and while people living in the United States will surely have plenty of local deals, people living in the rest of the world can...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Voyo VBook A1 Laptop Comes with Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake Proces

Voyo recently introduced one of an Apollo Lake mini PCs called Voyo VMac, and_ powered by either Intel Celeron N3450 or Pentium N4200 processor combined with 4GB RAM and 32GB eMMC flash + 128 GB SSD...

More...

WeTek Hub and WeTek Play 2 TV Boxes Giveaway
    I may just have finished Giveaway Week at the beginning of the month with my own review samples, but I have three new devices to offer courtesy of WeTek who asked me whether I could organize a...

More...

Raspberry Pi 2 Gets an Upgrade to 64-Bit Broadcom BCM2837 Processor with PCB Version 1.2
    With the launch of Raspberry Pi 3 based on Broadcom BCM2837 quad core Cortex A53 processor earlier this year, sales of Raspberry Pi 2 boards have suffering meaning the demand for Broadcom BCM2836...

More...

A Closer Look at Ingenu RPMA Alternative to LoRa or Sigfox LPWAN Standards & RPMA Development Kit
    I’ve recently started to write a bit more about long range LPWAN standards for IoT applications, especially LoRa and Sigfox, as commercial networks are being launched, and relatively low cost...

More...

Vorke Z1 Amlogic S912 Android TV Box Comes with 3GB DDR4 Memory
    DDR4 memory is coming to one more TV box. We first discovered it in Yundoo Y7 TV box powered by Amlogic S905X processor, but now Vorke, which started with Vorke V1 Intel Braswell mini PC and then V2...

More...

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Processor To be Manufactured with Samsung’s 10-nm FinFET Process technology
    Qualcomm Technologies and Samsung Electronics have jointly announced that the upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor for mobile devices will be manufactured using Samsung’s 10-nanometer (nm)...

More...

Khadas Vim Amlogic S905X Android and Linux Development Board Sells for $50 and Up
    Last summer I wrote about Shenzhen Tomato TVI development board powered by Amlogic S905X processor, and at the time the company focused on business to business customers, but the board is now sold as...

More...

Egreat A10 4K Android Media Center Comes with an Internal 3.5a€³ SATA Bay, an external SATA Port and a USB 3.0 Port
    Egreat A10 is an Android TV box powered by Hisilicon Hi3798CV200 processor, coupled with 2GB RAM, 16GB flash, and is an exciting device for people who like to keep the media files on local storage,...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $59 HiFive1 Arduino Compatible Board is Powered by Sifive Open Source

Royalty-free RISC-V instruction sets has been getting in the news in the last few years with various MMU designs from companies or projects like lowRISC, PULPino, and SiFive, and recently there are...

More...

LeMaker HiKey 96Boards Board Sells for $29.70 (Promo)
    [Update: The promo is over] You’d think Cyber Monday should be over by now, but ITEAD Studio still has a clearance with real 70% discount, as 96Boards hardware compliant LeMaker Hikey board is...

More...

Grid-EYE Breakout Board is a $49 Low Resolution Thermal Camera Module
    Thermal cameras can be really expensive pieces of equipment, and even the cheap 60×60 thermal cameras available on Aliexpress costs a little over $200. However, PURE Engineering has made an...

More...

Canon 4K600STZ 4K UHD Laser Projector Delivers up to 6,000 Lumens
    At the beginning of the year, I wrote about Texas Instruments’ DLP technology for affordable 4K projectors, and the company’s DLP 0.67a€³ digital micromirror device (DMD) was expected to be...

More...

Theobroma Announces Rockchip RK3368 and RK3399 Qseven System-on-Modules
    Theobroma Systems, an embedded system company based in Austria, has designed several Allwinner systems-on-module compliant with I¼Qseven & Qseven standards in the past. The company has now started...

More...

How to Play Netflix HD on any Android Device with Widevine Level 1 DRM
    A while ago I wrote an article entitled “Why Doesn’t your Android TV Box Play Full HD or 4K Videos in Netflix?” basically explaining that most TV boxes running Android could only play SD...

More...

Intel Apollo Lake Compute Sticks Coming in Q2 2017
    Apollo Lake processors have been announced in mini PCs, laptops, development boards, systems-on-module, as well as in Intel’s own NUCs. A new leaked roadmap has now revealed that Intel plans to...

More...

Adding Plus Sign and Tag to Email Address May Help Identify Source of (Spam/Junk) Emails
    I’ve noticed several commenters using email formatted as email+cnx@mail.com or email+spam@mail.com while posting comments on CNX Software blog, but I just thought they were using some specific...

More...

Sevenhugs Smart Remote is a Universal Direction Aware WiFi, Bluetooth and IR Remote Control (Crowdfunding)
    You may have all sort of remote control devices around your home from the traditional IR remote control for your TV, air conditioner, audio system etc.., as well remote control apps for WiFi or...

More...

The majority of TV boxes sold today are running Android 4.4 to Android 6.0, but with the release of Android 7.0 for smartphones and tablets earlier this year, it was just a question of time before...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PINEBOOK ARM Linux Laptop Powered by Allwinner A64 Processor to Sell f

Following up on Pine A64 board powered by Allwinner A64 quad core Cortex A53 processor, Pine64 has decided to work on a software compatible laptop based on the processor. PINEBOOK comes with 2GB RAM,...

More...

39 Euros FiPy Board Supports Sigfox, LoRa, LTE Cat M1/NB1, Bluetooth 4.2, and WiFi (Crowdfunding)
    Long range LPWAN solutions have just started to hit the market, and there are so many standards such as Sigfox and LoRa that it’s difficult to know who will eventually be the winner, or if...

More...

Zidoo X9S and X8 are Android 6.0 + OpenWrt TV boxes powered by Realtek RTD1295 processor with HDMI input supporting PIP, UDP broadcasting and video recording, which works reasonably well despite some...

More...

Open source hardware gives mostly full control over software and hardware, but there are different levels of openess, with some companies wrongly claiming their product to be open source hardware...

More...

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016 are coming up in the next few days, and while people living in the United States will surely have plenty of local deals, people living in the rest of the world can...

More...

WeTek Hub and WeTek Play 2 TV Boxes Giveaway
    I may just have finished Giveaway Week at the beginning of the month with my own review samples, but I have three new devices to offer courtesy of WeTek who asked me whether I could organize a...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Seagate Duet Portable Hard Drive Automatically Syncs with Amazon Cloud

Seagate has announced the launch of Seagate Duet 1TB portable hard drive with auto-sync to Amazon Cloud Drive, so that your data is always backed in the cloud. If you use the drive to backup data,...

More...

Hack Autonomous Driving into Your Car with Open Source Hardware Comma Neo and Open Pilot Software
    George Hotz setup Comma.ai company and worked on a commercial project called Comma One to add autonomous driving to some car models, but then the US highway authorities started to ask questions and...

More...

reMarkable 10.3a€³ Digital Notepad and e-Reader is Designed to Feel Like Paper
    If you like to take notes with pen and paper, but would prefer a digital solution to store your note, there are already some solutions like Boogie Board and Rocketbook, but reMarkable offers much...

More...

NXP Modular IoT Gateway Supports Thread, Zigbee, NFC, Bluetooth and WiFi Connectivity
    NXP has just announced a modular IoT gateway solution for large node networks (>= 250 nodes) based on Volansys i.MX6UL system-on-module, supporting wireless communications protocols such as...

More...

You Can Buy AirPods-like Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds for $16 and Up
    Most Bluetooth headsets on the market actually come with some sort of wire or holding mechanism, which may not always be convenient, for example I can’t use mine comfortably while lying down on...

More...

[Update: The promo is over] You’d think Cyber Monday should be over by now, but ITEAD Studio still has a clearance with real 70% discount, as 96Boards hardware compliant LeMaker Hikey board is...

More...

Thermal cameras can be really expensive pieces of equipment, and even the cheap 60×60 thermal cameras available on Aliexpress costs a little over $200. However, PURE Engineering has made an...

More...

At the beginning of the year, I wrote about Texas Instruments’ DLP technology for affordable 4K projectors, and the company’s DLP 0.67a€³ digital micromirror device (DMD) was expected to be...

More...

Theobroma Announces Rockchip RK3368 and RK3399 Qseven System-on-Modules
    Theobroma Systems, an embedded system company based in Austria, has designed several Allwinner systems-on-module compliant with I¼Qseven & Qseven standards in the past. The company has now started...

More...

A while ago I wrote an article entitled “Why Doesn’t your Android TV Box Play Full HD or 4K Videos in Netflix?” basically explaining that most TV boxes running Android could only play SD...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Apollo Lake Compute Sticks Coming in Q2 2017

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Build and Flash ESPurna Open Source Firmware to Sonoff POW Wire

ITEAD Studio Sonoff family is comprised of various inexpensive ESP8266 WiFi power switch, and the company sent me two of their latest CE certified models with Sonoff TH16 + external temperature &...

More...

CHUWI LapBook 14.1a€³ Full HD Laptop is Powered by Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake Processor
    We’ve already seen Voyo Vbook A1 Apollo Lake laptop based on Intel Celeron N3450 SoC going for pre-order a couple of weeks ago, but its has a 11.6″ display only, and I prefer to use...

More...

Mediatek Introduces Helio X23 and X27 Processors with Faster Clocks, Better Camera Support, Lower Power Consumption
    Mediatek has just announced upgrades to their Helio X20 and X25 deca-core processors with respectively Helio X23 and X27 boasting higher CPU and GPU frequencies, higher camera quality, as well as...

More...

Hack Autonomous Driving into Your Car with Open Source Hardware Comma Neo and Open Pilot Software
    George Hotz setup Comma.ai company and worked on a commercial project called Comma One to add autonomous driving to some car models, but then the US highway authorities started to ask questions and...

More...

If you like to take notes with pen and paper, but would prefer a digital solution to store your note, there are already some solutions like Boogie Board and Rocketbook, but reMarkable offers much...

More...

NXP Modular IoT Gateway Supports Thread, Zigbee, NFC, Bluetooth and WiFi Connectivity
    NXP has just announced a modular IoT gateway solution for large node networks (>= 250 nodes) based on Volansys i.MX6UL system-on-module, supporting wireless communications protocols such as...

More...

Most Bluetooth headsets on the market actually come with some sort of wire or holding mechanism, which may not always be convenient, for example I can’t use mine comfortably while lying down on...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Theobroma Announces Rockchip RK3368 and RK3399 Qseven System-on-Module

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $46 TS100 Digital Programmable Soldering Iron is Controlled by STMicro

I’m now using a $4 soldering iron which works most of the time for what I’m doing, but sometimes it does not seem to heat quite fast enough which may cause problems. I’m not...

More...

Full Specifications for Intel Apollo Lake NUC Mini PC’s NUC6CAYB Board Released
    Intel unveiled Intel NUC6CAYS & NUC6CAYH NUCs to be powered by Intel Celeron “Apollo Lake” Jxxx processors, but at the time we did not have the full technical specifications. The...

More...

Firefly-RK3399 Rockchip RK3399 Development Board Launched on Kickstarter for $139 and Up
    Firefly-RK3399 is the first, and for now the only one, development board equipped with the latest Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core Cortex A72 & A53 processor. It’s just not available yet, but the...

More...

Hisense A2 Android Smartphone Coming Soon with AMOLED and E-Ink displays
    Yotaphone popularized dual display smartphones with your standard color display on the front panel complemented with an always-on E-Ink display on the rear panel that consumes less power, and even...

More...

CHUWI LapBook 14.1a€³ Full HD Laptop is Powered by Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake Processor
    We’ve already seen Voyo Vbook A1 Apollo Lake laptop based on Intel Celeron N3450 SoC going for pre-order a couple of weeks ago, but its has a 11.6″ display only, and I prefer to use...

More...

Mediatek Introduces Helio X23 and X27 Processors with Faster Clocks, Better Camera Support, Lower Power Consumption
    Mediatek has just announced upgrades to their Helio X20 and X25 deca-core processors with respectively Helio X23 and X27 boasting higher CPU and GPU frequencies, higher camera quality, as well as...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LeMaker HiKey 96Boards Board Sells for $29.70 (Promo)

[Update: The promo is over back!] You’d think Cyber Monday should be over by now, but ITEAD Studio still has a clearance with real 70% discount, as 96Boards hardware compliant LeMaker Hikey...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Qualcomm Starts Sampling of Qualcomm Centriq 2400 ARM Server SoC with

Qualcomm has announced commercial sampling of Qualcomm Centriq 2400 series server SoC built with 10nm FinFET process technology and featuring up to 48 Qualcomm Falkor custom ARMv8 CPU cores...

More...

How to Install ThingSpeak in Ubuntu 16.04
    Last week-end I installed ESPurna open source firmware with MQTT server on Sonoff POW WiFi switch, and the next step is find a way to draw power consumption charts in some web based interface. We...

More...

Nordic Semi Unveils nRF52840 Bluetooth 5 Ready SoC and Development Kit
    Nordic Semiconductor nRF52xx Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz solutions are very often found in development kits and low power devices such as wearables, and it’s no surprise that the company introduced a...

More...

First Intel Apollo Lake J3455/J4205 Processor Benchmarks & Video Tests
    Many products powered by Intel Apollo Lake processors have already been announced, but few are actually shipping, and I have yet to get one here. However, AndroidPC.es got hold of ASRock J4205-ITX...

More...

Hardkernel ODROID-VU8C is 8a€³ LCD Display and Case Kit for ODROID C1+ and C2 Boards
    While it’s quite easy to find displays for development boards, they do not always come with a case, so you’d have to make your own. One easier option for the Raspberry Pi boards is the...

More...

Intel unveiled Intel NUC6CAYS & NUC6CAYH NUCs to be powered by Intel Celeron “Apollo Lake” Jxxx processors, but at the time we did not have the full technical specifications. The...

More...

Firefly-RK3399 Rockchip RK3399 Development Board Launched on Kickstarter for $139 and Up
    Firefly-RK3399 is the first, and for now the only one, development board equipped with the latest Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core Cortex A72 & A53 processor. It’s just not available yet, but the...

More...

Yotaphone popularized dual display smartphones with your standard color display on the front panel complemented with an always-on E-Ink display on the rear panel that consumes less power, and even...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hack Autonomous Driving into Your Car with Open Source Hardware Comma

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VGA Output Hack on $2 PADI IoT Stamp & Other Realtek RTL8710AF Modules

It’s pretty amazing what you can do with those cheap WiFi modules coming from Espressif and Realtek. You may remember CNLohr getting ESP8266 to broadcast video to your TV though NTSC, and that...

More...

Sonoff SC WiFi Environmental Monitor Sells for $20
    ITEAD Studio has done some good job with their Sonoff home automation devices based on Espressif ESP8266 WiSoC, as they are affordable, working as advertised with default firmware, and hackable with...

More...

Rockchip Introduces RK3228H and RK3228B Processors for IPTV/OTT TV Boxes
    Rockchip has just tweeted about their RK3xxx processors family, and two new processors appear to have been included in the list with Rockchip RK3228H quad core Cortex A53 processor and RK3228B quad...

More...

Junsun H552C Android 4.4 Car DVR and GPS Navigation System Comes with a 7a€³ Display
    There are plenty of Android car systems for sale with DVR and/or GPS navigation capabilities on the net, but sometimes they lack some features, or come in a 2 DIN form factor, which is nice if you...

More...

$59 RetroEngine Sigma Retro Game Console is Based on Orange Pi Lite Board (Crowdfunding)
    2016 has been the year of retrogaming comeback with products like PocketCHIP, Nintendo NES Classic, GPD Win and quite a few other projects. There will soon be a new option with RetroEngine Sigma, an...

More...

STMicro SensorTile is a Tiny STM32 Module with Bluetooth 4.1 LE and Four Sensor Chips
    STMicroelectronics SensorTile is a 13.5 x 13.5mm sensor board based on STM32L4 ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller, a MEMS accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, pressure sensor, a MEMS microphone, as...

More...

SDMC DV8219-LTE Android TV Box Comes with a Built-in 4G LTE Modem
    Most users connect their TV boxes to the Internet through WiFi or Ethernet, but in some specific use case, such as digital signage in mass transport or in remote locations, it might be useful to get...

More...

How to Install ThingSpeak in Ubuntu 16.04
    Last week-end I installed ESPurna open source firmware with MQTT server on Sonoff POW WiFi switch, and the next step is find a way to draw power consumption charts in some web based interface. We...

More...

Nordic Semi Unveils nRF52840 Bluetooth 5 Ready SoC and Development Kit
    Nordic Semiconductor nRF52xx Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz solutions are very often found in development kits and low power devices such as wearables, and it’s no surprise that the company introduced a...

More...

First Intel Apollo Lake J3455/J4205 Processor Benchmarks & Video Tests
    Many products powered by Intel Apollo Lake processors have already been announced, but few are actually shipping, and I have yet to get one here. However, AndroidPC.es got hold of ASRock J4205-ITX...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hardkernel ODROID-VU8C is 8″ LCD Display and Case Kit for ODROID C1+

While it’s quite easy to find displays for development boards, they do not always come with a case, so you’d have to make your own. One easier option for the Raspberry Pi boards is the...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast