Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 to be launched by the end of the year, u

Eben Upton had already mentioned the Raspberry Pi Foundation was working on a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 based on the same Broadcom BCM2837 quad core Cortex A53 processor and 1GB LPDDR2 RAM used...

More...

Ubuntu 16.10 Images Released for Intel Bay Trail and Cherry Trail Processors
    Canonical formally released Ubuntu 16.10 “Yakkety Yak” yesterday with_ a developer preview of Unity 8 including desktop, tablet and phone UX convergence, Hybrid cloud operations with Juju...

More...

Zidoo X9S Android Media Center Review – Part 2: Android Firmware & OpenWrt (NAS Functions)
    Zidoo X9S is more than a simple Android TV box, as it supports NAS function via OpenWrt running simultaneously with Android 6.0 and its USB 3.0 and SATA ports, as well as HDMI input function capable...

More...

Vensmile K8 Keyboard PC includes a Touch Panel & Flexible Keyboard
    I’ve seen some strange and/or innovative mini PCs over the years, and Vensmile K8 certainly gets into the top products of that category. That’s basically a mini PC powered by an Intel...

More...

Imagination Technologies Announces MIPS Warrior I-class I6500 Heterogeneous CPU with up to 384 Cores
    Imagination has just unveiled the successor of MIPS I6400 64-Bit Warrior Core with MIPS Warrior I-class I6500 heterogeneous CPU supporting up to 64 cluster, with up to 6 cores each (384 cores max),...

More...

Android 7.1 Developer Preview Coming Soon with Image Keyboard Support, App Shortcuts API, etc…
    Google will soon release Android 7.1 Developer Preview for Nexus 5X & Nexus 6P smartphone, as well as Pixel C tablet, listed some of the changes you can expect in the new dot release, and...

More...

CHIP Pro is a $16 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 System-on-Module Powered by a $6 GR8 ARM Cortex A8 SIP
    Next Thing CHIP board and corresponding PocketCHIP portable Linux computer have been relatively popular due to their inexpensive price for the feature set, as for $9, you’d get an Allwinner R8...

More...

SolidRun MACCHIATOBin is Another Marvell ARMADA 8040 Networking Mini-ITX Board
    We’ve already seen SolidRun is working on a Marvell ARMADA 8040 quad core Cortex A72 community board for networking and storage applications, but based on a picture taken at Linaro Connect, the...

More...

Exilong RF & WiFi Irrigation System Automatically Takes Care of Your Garden Watering (Crowdfunding)
    I find it fun to spend time watering the flowers and grass in my garden, but if you’d rather do it automatically then Tevatronic Exilong might be for you as the irrigation system controls up to...

More...

Samsung Starts Mass-Production of Exynos 7 Dual (7270) Processor used in Galaxy Gear S3 Smartwatch
    Samsung has just issued a press release announcing the Korean company had just started mass-production of the first SoC for Wearables using 14-nm FinFET process with their Exynos 7 Dual (7270) dual...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zidoo X9S Android TV Box HDMI Input Testing – Video Recording, PiP, an

One of Zidoo X9S media center‘s key features is its HDMI Input port with support for PVR, picture-in-picture, and video broadcasting over UDP. The company has come a long way since the...

More...

GOLE2 Mini PC Comes in Intel and ARM Flavors, Features a SATA Bay and Built-in Camera (Crowdfunding)
    GOLE1 was an different and interesting product combining tablet and mini PC features into one, but I found the 5″ screen to be rather useless, and the battery did not work exactly well since it...

More...

How to Write ESP8266 Firmware from Scratch (using ESP Bare Metal SDK and C Language)
    CNXSoft: This is a guest post by Alexander Alashkin, software engineer in Cesanta, working on Mongoose Embedded Web Server. Espressif’s ESP8266 had quite an evolution. Some may even call it...

More...

RabbitMax Flex IoT & Home Automation Board and Kit for Raspberry Pi
    RabbitMax Flex is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi boards with 40-pin headers, namely_Raspberry Pi Model A+ and B+, Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 0, destined to be used for...

More...

VoCore2 WiFi IoT Board Launched with Audio, PoE & “Ultimate” Docks (Crowdfunding)
    Vocore WiFi IoT board was popular at its launch in 2014 because affordable WiFi boards with I/Os were not common at the time, and it came with an Ethernet dock making it a complete router within a...

More...

Routers, IP Cameras/Phones & IoT Devices can be Security Risks even with the Latest Firmware, and a Strong Admin Password
    I’ve just read an interesting article entitled “who makes the IoT things under attack“, explaining that devices connected to the Internet such as router, IP cameras, IP Phones,...

More...

V-Bridge Muses Digital TV Modulator Boards Let You Broadcast Your Own TV Channel for $199 and Up (Crowdfunding)
    I wrote about VATek VMB8202D Enmoder SoC handling both DVB, ATSC, DTMB and ISDB modulation and H.264 hardware encoding earlier this summer, and at the time, the company also planned to launch a...

More...

Two More Google Products: Google WiFi Mesh Router, and Google Home, an Amazon Echo Competitor
    Google made a bunch a new product announcements with their Pixel phones, Daydream View VR headset, and Chromecast Ultra 4K dongle, but in this post I’ll write about two other new products:...

More...

Upcoming 4K HDMI Streaming Sticks – Chromecast Ultra and EZCast 4K
    Google has been introducing several “MadebyGoogle” device including the latest Chromecast Ultra support 4K and HDR, but it’s not the only 4K HDMI dongle to stream videos from your...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default iFive and Techvision Rockchip RK3399 Hybrid Tablet/Laptop to Run Andro

We’ve seen Samsung is about the released the first Rockchip RK3399 Chromebook to the market. However it will be selling for $499, possibly a bit more than many people are ready to pay for such...

More...

Samsung Chromebook Pro Powered by Rockchip RK3399 SoC to Sell for $499
    Considering Linux kernel commits related to RK3399 processor almost always involves developers with a chromium.org email address, beside rock-chip.com ones, we had to expect a Rockchip RK3399 based...

More...

A Look at Three Options to Develop Real-Time Linux Systems on Application Processors – HMP, Real-Time Linux and Xenomai
    This is a guest post by written by Guilherme Fernandes, Raul Muñoz, Leonardo Veiga, Brandon Shibley, all working for Toradex. Introduction Application processor usage continues to broaden....

More...

Canonical formally released Ubuntu 16.10 “Yakkety Yak” yesterday with_ a developer preview of Unity 8 including desktop, tablet and phone UX convergence, Hybrid cloud operations with Juju...

More...

Zidoo X9S Android Media Center Review – Part 2: Android Firmware & OpenWrt (NAS Functions)
    Zidoo X9S is more than a simple Android TV box, as it supports NAS function via OpenWrt running simultaneously with Android 6.0 and its USB 3.0 and SATA ports, as well as HDMI input function capable...

More...

Vensmile K8 Keyboard PC includes a Touch Panel & Flexible Keyboard
    I’ve seen some strange and/or innovative mini PCs over the years, and Vensmile K8 certainly gets into the top products of that category. That’s basically a mini PC powered by an Intel...

More...

Imagination Technologies Announces MIPS Warrior I-class I6500 Heterogeneous CPU with up to 384 Cores
    Imagination has just unveiled the successor of MIPS I6400 64-Bit Warrior Core with MIPS Warrior I-class I6500 heterogeneous CPU supporting up to 64 cluster, with up to 6 cores each (384 cores max),...

More...

Android 7.1 Developer Preview Coming Soon with Image Keyboard Support, App Shortcuts API, etc…
    Google will soon release Android 7.1 Developer Preview for Nexus 5X & Nexus 6P smartphone, as well as Pixel C tablet, listed some of the changes you can expect in the new dot release, and...

More...

CHIP Pro is a $16 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 System-on-Module Powered by a $6 GR8 ARM Cortex A8 SIP
    Next Thing CHIP board and corresponding PocketCHIP portable Linux computer have been relatively popular due to their inexpensive price for the feature set, as for $9, you’d get an Allwinner R8...

More...

We’ve already seen SolidRun is working on a Marvell ARMADA 8040 quad core Cortex A72 community board for networking and storage applications, but based on a picture taken at Linaro Connect, the...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Exilong RF & WiFi Irrigation System Automatically Takes Care of Your G

I find it fun to spend time watering the flowers and grass in my garden, but if you’d rather do it automatically then Tevatronic Exilong might be for you as the irrigation system controls up to...

More...

Samsung Starts Mass-Production of Exynos 7 Dual (7270) Processor used in Galaxy Gear S3 Smartwatch
    Samsung has just issued a press release announcing the Korean company had just started mass-production of the first SoC for Wearables using 14-nm FinFET process with their Exynos 7 Dual (7270) dual...

More...

GOLE2 Mini PC Comes in Intel and ARM Flavors, Features a SATA Bay and Built-in Camera (Crowdfunding)
    GOLE1 was an different and interesting product combining tablet and mini PC features into one, but I found the 5″ screen to be rather useless, and the battery did not work exactly well since it...

More...

How to Write ESP8266 Firmware from Scratch (using ESP Bare Metal SDK and C Language)
    CNXSoft: This is a guest post by Alexander Alashkin, software engineer in Cesanta, working on Mongoose Embedded Web Server. Espressif’s ESP8266 had quite an evolution. Some may even call it...

More...

RabbitMax Flex IoT & Home Automation Board and Kit for Raspberry Pi
    RabbitMax Flex is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi boards with 40-pin headers, namely_Raspberry Pi Model A+ and B+, Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 0, destined to be used for...

More...

VoCore2 WiFi IoT Board Launched with Audio, PoE & “Ultimate” Docks (Crowdfunding)
    Vocore WiFi IoT board was popular at its launch in 2014 because affordable WiFi boards with I/Os were not common at the time, and it came with an Ethernet dock making it a complete router within a...

More...

Routers, IP Cameras/Phones & IoT Devices can be Security Risks even with the Latest Firmware, and a Strong Admin Password
    I’ve just read an interesting article entitled “who makes the IoT things under attack“, explaining that devices connected to the Internet such as router, IP cameras, IP Phones,...

More...

V-Bridge Muses Digital TV Modulator Boards Let You Broadcast Your Own TV Channel for $199 and Up (Crowdfunding)
    I wrote about VATek VMB8202D Enmoder SoC handling both DVB, ATSC, DTMB and ISDB modulation and H.264 hardware encoding earlier this summer, and at the time, the company also planned to launch a...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PiPo V5 Android Virtual Reality Headset Powered by Rockchip RK3399 SoC

Las month I reviewed VR SKY CX-V3 Android virtual reality headset based on Allwinner H8vr octa-core SoC, and based on a report from Netbook Italia at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, PiPo will launch...

More...

Qualcomm Introduces Three New LTE Cat. 7 SoCs with QC 3.0 and Dual Camera Support: Snapdragon 427, 626, and 653
    Qualcomm has announced three new Snapdragon 400 & 600 SoCs for entry-level and mid-range LTE smartphones that share Quick Charge 3.0 and dual camera support, as well as an a Snapdragon X9 LTE CAT...

More...

NETGEAR Gigabit Class LTE Mobile Router MR1100 is Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 LTE Modem
    Qualcomm, NETGEAR, Telstra and Ericsson have jointly announced the very first commercial Gigabit LTE modem router_ with NETGEAR Mobile Router MR1100 based on Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 LTE modem. The...

More...

ZTE ZXV10 B860H is an Another Android TV Media Player based on Amlogic S905X Processor
    It looks like Xiaomi Mi Box (US) will have some competition, as ZTE is about to introduce their ZXV10 B860H TV box at_Broadband World Forum 2016 in London. The device will run Android TV on a quad...

More...

Ockel Sirius A is a Faster (and Pricier) GOLE1 like Mini PC based on Intel Atom x7-Z8750 Processor (Crowdfunding)
    GOLE1 is a Windows 10 + Android mini PC powered by Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor that also happens to come with a 5″ 720p display and a battery with the 4GB RAM/64GB storage version selling for...

More...

Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3) and Compute Module 3 Lite (CM3L) Datasheet Released
    Last week NEC announced they were going to use Raspberry Pi Compute 3 Module in some of their presentation and digital signage displays. This led to a longish discussion in the blog post, during...

More...

Considering Linux kernel commits related to RK3399 processor almost always involves developers with a chromium.org email address, beside rock-chip.com ones, we had to expect a Rockchip RK3399 based...

More...

A Look at Three Options to Develop Real-Time Linux Systems on Application Processors – HMP, Real-Time Linux and Xenomai
    This is a guest post by written by Guilherme Fernandes, Raul Muñoz, Leonardo Veiga, Brandon Shibley, all working for Toradex. Introduction Application processor usage continues to broaden....

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Vensmile K8 Keyboard PC includes a Touch Panel & Flexible Keyboard

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This Video Shows Vulkan API’s Higher Power Efficiency Compared to Open

Vulkan was introduced as the successor of OpenGL ES in March 2015, promising to take less CPU resources, and support multiple command buffers that can be created in parallel and distributed over...

More...

HiSilicon Kirin 960 Octa Core Application Processor Features ARM Cortex A73 & A53 Cores, Mali G71 MP8 GPU
    Following on Kirin 950 processor found in Huawei Mate 8, P9, P9 Max & Honor 8 smartphones, Hisilicon has now unveiled Kirin 960 octa-core processor with four ARM Cortex A73 cores, four Cortex A53...

More...

TOPEET iTOP4412 Exynos 4412 Boards Support Up to 3 LCD Displays, GPS, 3G, 4x UARTs, etc…
    Beijing TOPEET Electronics iTOP4412 board based on Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 processor, and a developer has very recently committed patchsets to mainline Linux kernel to add support for...

More...

MUSES-I± & MUSES-I² DVB-T/C, ISDB-T, DTMB & ATSC Modulator Boards Review a€“ Part 1: The Hardware
    V-Bridge Muses digital TV modulator boards launched on Kickstarter earlier this month, with the cheaper $200 MUSES-I± board modulating video from a PC, and $600 MUSES-I² turnkey solution capable of...

More...

Ferguson Ariva 4K Android STBs Come with Digital TV Tuners, a Pay TV Card Reader, and a SATA Bay
    We already have a choice of Android TV boxes with digital TV tuners (DVB-T2, DVB-S2, ATSC…) with devices like K1 Plus T2 S2, U4 Quad Hybrid, and Wetek Play 2, but Ferguson, a company based in...

More...

Vocore2 Lite is a $4 Linux MIPS WiFi Module based on Mediatek MT7688AN SoC (Crowdfunding)
    I’ve already written about Vocore v2 Crowdfunding campaign, where the second generation Vocore WiFi module supports audio, PoE, and ultimate dock, and price starting at $12. But there has been...

More...

Qualcomm Introduces Three New LTE Cat. 7 SoCs with QC 3.0 and Dual Camera Support: Snapdragon 427, 626, and 653
    Qualcomm has announced three new Snapdragon 400 & 600 SoCs for entry-level and mid-range LTE smartphones that share Quick Charge 3.0 and dual camera support, as well as an a Snapdragon X9 LTE CAT...

More...

NETGEAR Gigabit Class LTE Mobile Router MR1100 is Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 LTE Modem
    Qualcomm, NETGEAR, Telstra and Ericsson have jointly announced the very first commercial Gigabit LTE modem router_ with NETGEAR Mobile Router MR1100 based on Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 LTE modem. The...

More...

ZTE ZXV10 B860H is an Another Android TV Media Player based on Amlogic S905X Processor
    It looks like Xiaomi Mi Box (US) will have some competition, as ZTE is about to introduce their ZXV10 B860H TV box at_Broadband World Forum 2016 in London. The device will run Android TV on a quad...

More...

Ockel Sirius A is a Faster (and Pricier) GOLE1 like Mini PC based on Intel Atom x7-Z8750 Processor (Crowdfunding)
    GOLE1 is a Windows 10 + Android mini PC powered by Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor that also happens to come with a 5″ 720p display and a battery with the 4GB RAM/64GB storage version selling for...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3) and Compute Module 3 Lite (CM3L) D

Last week NEC announced they were going to use Raspberry Pi Compute 3 Module in some of their presentation and digital signage displays. This led to a longish discussion in the blog post, during...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Webduino Smart ESP8266 Board is Designed to be Programmed via Websocke

Webduino Smart board reminds me of Witty ESP8266 board with its RGB LED and photocell sensor, but the design is a little different, and does not come with an extra USB to TTL board, as it’s...

More...

Test Widevine & PlayReady DRM, HDCP 1.x/2.x, 4K VP9 and H.265 in Android with Exoplayer App
    I first heard about ExoPlayer in an Android TV Overview presentation at Linaro Connect 2014, but I never really looked into it. The source code is available on Github, and I’ve been given...

More...

Alorium XLR8 Arduino Compatible Altera MAX 10 FPGA Board Sells for $75
    We already have a fair choice of boards with Arduino compatible headers powered by an FPGA with options such as $99 Digilent Arty (Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA), FleaFPGA (Lattice FPGA), Papillio DUO (Xilinx...

More...

Remix IO Aims to be Your $99 Android 7.0 TV Box, Mini PC, and Game Console (Crowdfunding)
    You can use any Android TV box to watch movies on your TV, play some games as you would on a game console, and perform tasks such as checking email, browsing the web or editing documents like...

More...

HiSilicon Kirin 960 Octa Core Application Processor Features ARM Cortex A73 & A53 Cores, Mali G71 MP8 GPU
    Following on Kirin 950 processor found in Huawei Mate 8, P9, P9 Max & Honor 8 smartphones, Hisilicon has now unveiled Kirin 960 octa-core processor with four ARM Cortex A73 cores, four Cortex A53...

More...

TOPEET iTOP4412 Exynos 4412 Boards Support Up to 3 LCD Displays, GPS, 3G, 4x UARTs, etc…
    Beijing TOPEET Electronics iTOP4412 board based on Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 processor, and a developer has very recently committed patchsets to mainline Linux kernel to add support for...

More...

MUSES-I± & MUSES-I² DVB-T/C, ISDB-T, DTMB & ATSC Modulator Boards Review a€“ Part 1: The Hardware
    V-Bridge Muses digital TV modulator boards launched on Kickstarter earlier this month, with the cheaper $200 MUSES-I± board modulating video from a PC, and $600 MUSES-I² turnkey solution capable of...

More...

Ferguson Ariva 4K Android STBs Come with Digital TV Tuners, a Pay TV Card Reader, and a SATA Bay
    We already have a choice of Android TV boxes with digital TV tuners (DVB-T2, DVB-S2, ATSC…) with devices like K1 Plus T2 S2, U4 Quad Hybrid, and Wetek Play 2, but Ferguson, a company based in...

More...

Vocore2 Lite is a $4 Linux MIPS WiFi Module based on Mediatek MT7688AN SoC (Crowdfunding)
    I’ve already written about Vocore v2 Crowdfunding campaign, where the second generation Vocore WiFi module supports audio, PoE, and ultimate dock, and price starting at $12. But there has been...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NETGEAR Gigabit Class LTE Mobile Router MR1100 is Powered by Qualcomm

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Jumper Ezbook 2 Cherry Trail Laptop with 14″ Full HD Display, 4GB RA

I’ve just received a newsletter from GearBest entitled “Shop Like a BOSS | Sub-$200 Ultrabooks, Gaming Gear + More” and showing “Jumper Ezbook 2 Ultrabook” laptop...

More...

Beelink GT1 TV Box Review – Part 2: Android Marshmallow Firmware
    I’ve previously reviewed other Amlogic S912 TV boxes such as M12N MXQ Plus or Qintaix Q912, but Beelink GT1 has the advantage of being quite cheaper at $56 and up, but still come with many of...

More...

Zidoo X8 Android TV Box, OpenWrt NAS, and HDMI Recorder Sells for $109
    I posted my review of Zidoo X9S Android TV box, HDMI recorder and OpenWrt NAS a few days ago, and despite some limitations with regards to 4K video playback, the device is working pretty well. The...

More...

Aikun Morphus X300 Android Game Console with 3D Display Integrates Detachable Game Controllers
    Earlier this week, Nintendo unveiled their innovative switch game console that can be used in various configuration such as a portable game console, and a TV connected game console by inserting the...

More...

Test Widevine & PlayReady DRM, HDCP 1.x/2.x, 4K VP9 and H.265 in Android with Exoplayer App
    I first heard about ExoPlayer in an Android TV Overview presentation at Linaro Connect 2014, but I never really looked into it. The source code is available on Github, and I’ve been given...

More...

We already have a fair choice of boards with Arduino compatible headers powered by an FPGA with options such as $99 Digilent Arty (Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA), FleaFPGA (Lattice FPGA), Papillio DUO (Xilinx...

More...

Remix IO Aims to be Your $99 Android 7.0 TV Box, Mini PC, and Game Console (Crowdfunding)
    You can use any Android TV box to watch movies on your TV, play some games as you would on a game console, and perform tasks such as checking email, browsing the web or editing documents like...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ferguson Ariva 4K Android STBs Come with Digital TV Tuners, a Pay TV C

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Quirky Linux 8.1 Lightweight Linux Desktop Distribution Released for R

Barry Kauler, the creator of Puppy Linux, may have retired from maintaining Puppy Linux a few years ago, but he appears to be still active, as he’s just released Quirky Linux 8.1 for Raspberry...

More...

$28 MK809V 4K Android TV Stick is Powered by Rockchip RK3229 Processor
    Rockchip RK3229 is found is some ultra-cheap 4K Android TV boxes such as SCISHION V88 are selling for as low as $20. If you prefer HDMI TV stick form factor, there’s now MK809V 4K TV stick...

More...

Pine64 PADI IoT Stamp WiFi IoT Kit Review – Part 1: Hardware, Debuggers, and Soldering
    Back in September, Pine64 unveiled their $2 PADI IoT Stamp based on Realtek RTL8710 ARM Cortex M3 WiFi SoC aiming to compete with Expressif ESP8266 solutions._ The company has now sent me their...

More...

Intel Introduces 3 Atom E3900 Apollo Lake Processors for IoT, Industrials and Automotive Applications: x5-E3930, x5-E3940, x7-E3950
    Intel previously introduced Celeron and Pentium Apollo Lake processors for laptops and mini PCs, and it seemed Atom was gone for good from that processor family, but the vendor has now introduced...

More...

Congatec Unveils conga-SA5 SMARC 2.0 Modules based on Intel “Apollo Lake” Atom x5/x7, Celeron and Pentium Processors
    congatec, a company specialized in embedded computer modules, single board computers and embedded design and manufacturing services, has just introduced their conga-SA5 system-on-module family...

More...

ARM Introduces Secure Cortex-M23 and Cortex-M33 ARMv8-M MCU Cores, and Bluetooth 5 Cordio Radio IP for IoT Applications
    ARM TechCon 2016 is now taking place in Santa Clara, California, USA, as ARM has made three announcements for the Internet of Things, the focus of SoftBank going forward, with two ARM Cortex-M...

More...

Canonical Livepatch Service Automatically Updates Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (and later) with the Latest Kernel without Rebooting
    Installing or upgrading packages in Linux distributions does not normally require rebooting your system, except for the Linux kernel and drivers. But since Linux 4.0 kernel, Live Kernel patching is...

More...

Theobroma Systems Introduces Micro Qseven Allwinner A64 System-on-Module
    Theobroma Systems, an Austrian based engineering services and embedded systems solutions company, has been designing Allwinner based systems-on-module compliant with Micro Qseven standard for a...

More...

Renesas SK-RZG1M Board Powered by R8A7743 Processor Gets Mainline Linux Support
    Another board has gotten initial mainline Linux support recently, with Renesas SK-RZG1M starter kit board based on Renesas_RZ/G1M dual core ARM Cortex A15 SoC with 2GB RAM, a SATA interface, HDMI,...

More...

NXP Unveils MCUXpresso Development Tools for LPC and Kinetis Microcontrollers
    After NXP bought Freescale, you had development tools for Freescale Kinetis MCUs such as Design Studio or Kenetis SDK, and others such as LPCXpresso for NXP LPC microcontrollers. The company has...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Beelink GT1 TV Box Review – Part 2: Android Marshmallow Firmware

I’ve previously reviewed other Amlogic S912 TV boxes such as M12N MXQ Plus or Qintaix Q912, but Beelink GT1 has the advantage of being quite cheaper at $56 and up, but still come with many of...

More...

Zidoo X8 Android TV Box, OpenWrt NAS, and HDMI Recorder Sells for $109
    I posted my review of Zidoo X9S Android TV box, HDMI recorder and OpenWrt NAS a few days ago, and despite some limitations with regards to 4K video playback, the device is working pretty well. The...

More...

Aikun Morphus X300 Android Game Console with 3D Display Integrates Detachable Game Controllers
    Earlier this week, Nintendo unveiled their innovative switch game console that can be used in various configuration such as a portable game console, and a TV connected game console by inserting the...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default CS668 Combines Android TV Box, Power Bank, and Bluetooth Speakers Into

CS668 is an Android 6.0 TV box powered by Amlogic S905X quad core processor, which triples as Bluetooth stereo speakers and a power bank thanks to its built-in 5,000 mAh battery. CS668 3-in-1 TV box...

More...

NanoPi S2 Quad Core ARM Linux Board Comes with WiFi & BT Connectivity, HDMI, LVDS, and LCD Interfaces
    FriendlyARM has released a bunch of Allwinner based NanoPi Allwinner boards recently, but they also have some Samsung/Nexcell S5P ARM Cortex A9 boards in their portfolio, and the latest is NanoPi S2...

More...

Fujitsu Launches F-Cue 96Boards Compliant Board Powered by SocioNext MB86S71 Processor
    While 96Boards platforms may not be selling like Raspberry Pi boards, the form factor is quite popular with vendors, as there are now around 10 development board either directly supported by...

More...

Realtek RTL8710AF (PADI IoT Stamp) vs Espressif ESP8266 (ESP-07) WiFi RF Performance Comparison
    After I posted about PADI IoT Stamp IoT kit based on RTL8710AF ARM Cortex M3 WiSoC yesterday, I was soon asked whether I could compare the RF performance against ESP8266 modules like ESP-12. I...

More...

Samsung Introduces $5 ARTIK 0 and $50 ARTIK 7 Smart IoT Module Families
    Samsung unveiled ARTIK 1, 3 and 5 boards for the Internet of Things in 2015, and started to sell them, together with development with WiFi, BLE and Zigbee connectivity earlier this year. The Korean...

More...

$28 MK809V 4K Android TV Stick is Powered by Rockchip RK3229 Processor
    Rockchip RK3229 is found is some ultra-cheap 4K Android TV boxes such as SCISHION V88 are selling for as low as $20. If you prefer HDMI TV stick form factor, there’s now MK809V 4K TV stick...

More...

Pine64 PADI IoT Stamp WiFi IoT Kit Review – Part 1: Hardware, Debuggers, and Soldering
    Back in September, Pine64 unveiled their $2 PADI IoT Stamp based on Realtek RTL8710 ARM Cortex M3 WiFi SoC aiming to compete with Expressif ESP8266 solutions._ The company has now sent me their...

More...

Intel Introduces 3 Atom E3900 Apollo Lake Processors for IoT, Industrials and Automotive Applications: x5-E3930, x5-E3940, x7-E3950
    Intel previously introduced Celeron and Pentium Apollo Lake processors for laptops and mini PCs, and it seemed Atom was gone for good from that processor family, but the vendor has now introduced...

More...

Congatec Unveils conga-SA5 SMARC 2.0 Modules based on Intel “Apollo Lake” Atom x5/x7, Celeron and Pentium Processors
    congatec, a company specialized in embedded computer modules, single board computers and embedded design and manufacturing services, has just introduced their conga-SA5 system-on-module family...

More...

ARM Introduces Secure Cortex-M23 and Cortex-M33 ARMv8-M MCU Cores, and Bluetooth 5 Cordio Radio IP for IoT Applications
    ARM TechCon 2016 is now taking place in Santa Clara, California, USA, as ARM has made three announcements for the Internet of Things, the focus of SoftBank going forward, with two ARM Cortex-M...

More...

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast