Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: NextPowerUP NEWS

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (PR) AAEON Unveils UP Xtreme i12 Edge AI Desktop

AAEON, a leading manufacturer of AI development solutions, announces the UP Xtreme i12 Edge, its latest addition to the UP product series. The UP Xtreme i12 Edge makes substantial upgrades on its predecessor with the power-efficient multicore architecture of 12th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Celeron Processors (formerly Alder Lake-P), onboard LPDDR5, and AI module support all contributing to its potential as a system suited to industrial, healthcare, and transport applications.

Providing exceptional expansion options, the UP Xtreme i12 Edge has four M.2 Keys for Wi-Fi 6, 5G, AI and PCIe 4.0 storage module support. With such options, users are able to bring edge AI computing capabilities to a wider variety of markets. Further, the UP Xtreme i12 Edge supports Intel Iris Xe graphics, Intel DL Boost, and the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO Toolkit, boosting GPU image classification inferencing performance by up to 2.81 times that of the previous generation.

More...

(PR) TerraMaster Announces TNAS Mobile 3 for Remote Storage Management
    TerraMaster, a professional brand that specializes in providing innovative storage products for home, businesses and enterprises, announces the TNAS Mobile 3, a dedicated mobile client developed by TerraMaster for remote storage management for TNAS devices running on TOS 5 operating system. TNAS Mobile 3 features a redesigned user interface for better navigation. The app also comes with new functions including phone backup, photo management, personal folder, team folder, coffer, remote administrator, and others.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Jelly Key Launches New Zen Pond Artisan Keycaps Group Buy

For those unfamiliar with Jelly Key, I highly encourage going through our previous coverage of the Vietnamese artisan's works wherein we've seen several different examples of highly detailed themes which get put to life on your keyboard courtesy artisan keycaps that use a resin pour over a layer-by-layer assembly incorporating individually molded tiny pieces. In particular, we've covered a keycap each from the Zen Pond III and Zen Pond IV group buy series that depict a school of Koi fish swimming in a pond. This was the design that made Jelly Key famous and also where it introduced the so-called "Eden Effect" that makes the resin background feel like it is part of the scene itself.

Jelly Key's latest group buy is active now and it builds upon the previous two in the new Zen Pond V series group buy titled "Zen Pond - Lost then found". Thanks to some shipping logistics issues, once again the prototype sent over came after the group buy had begun so I had no time to do a quick look article on it. Instead, I figured those interested in the Zen Ponds theme that were not able to pick one up last time should know now is the time to do so, especially given the new Droplet profile that makes for spherical corners and an overall rounded structure to make the resin and craftsmanshop more easily appreciated at a typical viewing angle. The Koi fish models are larger and look more naturally swimming in the resin pond too, including with wakes left behind the tail fins. The new group buy started Jan 18 and is scheduled to end Jan 25, however they usually sell out a few days earlier to where you might want to jump into the pond early if these keycaps interest you. The Zen Pond V keycaps are available in five designs, four keycap profiles, and 12 sizes. These cost $55-105 each and, as seen on the group buy page, there are further discounts and free shipping for those buying multiple keycaps. Read past the break for photos of my prototype space bar keycap.

Update: Jelly Key had kindly provided TPU readers with a 5% discount code: 5%-tpu-498djh9

More...

SiFive Reveals HiFive Pro P550 RISC-V Development Platform in microATX Form Factor
    Back in February 2022 SiFive announced its partnership with Intel Foundry Services (IFS), to bring its "Horse Creek" SoC to market and now SiFive has announced that it's getting ready to launch its first development board on said SoC. This summer, SiFive will launch the HiFive Pro P550 development board, which will kick things up a serious notch when it comes to embedded SoC development boards, regardless of the CPU core the SoC is built around. The HiFive Pro P550 will be one of few microATX based embedded SoC development boards out there and so far, to our knowledge, the only one with a RISC-V based SoC. The Horse Creek SoC sports quad core, 2.2 GHz, 13-stage, triple-issue, out-of-order pipeline RISC-V RV64GBC CPU built on the Intel 4 node. The SoC also has a DDR5 5600 MHz memory interface, support for eight lanes of PCIe 5.0 and comes in a 19 x 19 mm FBGA package.

The HiFive Pro P550 will offer 16 GB of DDR5 memory, but based on the render of the motherboard, this is soldered to the board, rather than relying on standard DDR5 DIMMs. Furthermore, the board has two x16 PCIe 3.0 expansion slots, although it's unclear how many PCIe each slot features, as well as a PCIe 3.0 M.2 2280 M-key slot for NVMe SSDs and a PCIe 3.0 M.2 E-key slot for a WiFi/Bluetooth module. The board also sports multiple USB/USB 3.0 ports and even a pair of USB-C ports. The press release also mentions both Gigabit and 10 Gbps Ethernet support, as well as support for onboard graphics and remote system management, without going into any further details. It'll be interesting to see if the Horse Creek SoC can deliver on its expected performance target, especially as SiFive has a lot to prove, especially as the company calls the RISC-V architecture inevitable.

More...

(PR) LG Electronics USA Debuts its new Cinebeam Smart Portable Projector
    LG Electronics USA has introduced and announced immediate availability of its new CineBeam Smart Portable Projector, joining the brand's extensive line of premium CineBeam models. Weighing in at 2.2 pounds, the CineBeam Smart Portable Projector is made to deliver a transformative home theater experience with ease in any room. The PF510Q model is currently available at LG.com for $599. From streaming their favorite movie, to engaging in a virtual fitness class, users can enjoy the versatility and portability of the PF510Q projector.

The PF510Q is LG's new innovative projector that offers users a unique entertainment experience without sacrificing convenience or quality. Strategically built with a lightweight and compact design, the PF510Q is easy to carry from room to room or on the go and blends seamlessly with any space. The Smart Portable Projector presents a wide range of display sizes from an intimate 30" up to an impressive 120", providing the benefit of adjusting the screen size to best-fit for a variety of viewing preferences. Its full HD resolution allows users to watch movies or play video games in high quality, whether they're studying in a small dorm room or enjoying a movie in their backyard. Additionally, the PF510Q's Auto Vertical Keystone feature adjusts the vertical keystone alignment, eliminating tilts and distortion for crisp, incredible views.

More...

(PR) IonQ to Open First Quantum Computing Manufacturing Facility in the US
    IonQ, Inc. (NYSE: IONQ), an industry leader in quantum computing, today announced plans to open the first known dedicated quantum computing manufacturing facility in the U.S., located in the suburbs of Seattle, Washington. The new facility will house IonQ's growing R&D and manufacturing teams, as they develop systems to meet continued customer demand. With public support from U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) - an early proponent of the CHIPS and Science Act - and Congresswoman Suzan DelBene, US representative from Washington's 1st congressional district,today's announcement is part of IonQ's broader intent to invest $1 billion through expansion in the Pacific Northwest over the next 10 years.

"IonQ making the decision to open the first ever quantum computing manufacturing facility in the country right here in Bothell is a very big deal—and it's great news for Washington state," said Senator Murray. "Opening this facility will absolutely help ensure Washington state continues to be a leader in innovation and cutting-edge technologies—but it also means jobs that will be an investment in our families and their futures. These are the kinds of investments that happen when we pass legislation like the CHIPS and Science Act to invest in American manufacturing and build the economy of the future right here at home."

More...

Google to Lay Off Around 12,000 Staff to "Set up for the Future"
    Google's chief executive officer (CEO) Sundar Pichai today uploaded a blog post titled "A difficult decision to set us up for the future." This message highlights the decision to lay off around 12,000 working staff from Google's fleet of employees. That includes the US and international teams represented in the figure mentioned above. While we don't have information about the specific headcount deficit per country, US employees are expected to be hit first and international employees second, as the company has to comply with local state laws in which it employs the staff. The figure represents about 6% of its total staff. Given the recent economic climate and a slight downturn in tech, Google is joining other big companies in cutting head counts to adapt to the new economy. Below you can read a piece of Google's announcement.
    Sundar PichaiI have some difficult news to share. We've decided to reduce our workforce by approximately 12,000 roles. We've already sent a separate email to employees in the US who are affected. In other countries, this process will take longer due to local laws and practices. This will mean saying goodbye to some incredibly talented people we worked hard to hire and have loved working with. I'm deeply sorry for that. The fact that these changes will impact the lives of Googlers weighs heavily on me, and I take full responsibility for the decisions that led us here.
    The rest of the announcement can be read in the Google blog post.

More...

PSA: Intel I226-V 2.5GbE on Raptor Lake Motherboards Has a Connection Drop Issue: No Fix Available
    The Intel Ethernet i226-V onboard 2.5 GbE controller appears to have a design flaw that causes the Ethernet connection to drop at random times for a few seconds. The I226-V is the latest version of Intel's cost-effective 2.5 Gbps Ethernet networking chips meant for PC motherboards with chipsets that have integrated MACs (i.e. Intel chipsets). It succeeds the I225-V, which was Intel's first consumer 2.5 GbE PHY. The I225-V was plagued by various issues that caused it to be unstable at 2.5 Gbps (but could be worked around by forcing 1 GbE mode). Many premium Intel 700-series chipset Socket LGA1700 motherboards integrate the new I226-V, which is the I225's successor, as their default onboard 2.5 GbE controller. Some enthusiast-segment motherboards have a second Ethernet controller that's either of a different brand (such as Realtek or Marvell), or a different kind of wired Ethernet (such as 10 GbE).

Since mid-December, users of Intel 700-series chipset motherboards (which debut the I226-V), have been reporting random connections drops to Intel's Support Community, Microsoft, ASUS and Reddit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. These drops are momentary, last a few seconds, and you'll mostly not notice it; however for applications that need an uninterrupted connection (such as online gaming, video conferencing, VPN, Remote Desktop etc.), such a link drop will be noticeable. You can check if you are affected by opening Windows Event Viewer, navigate to "Windows Logs," "System" and search for "e2fnexpress," in particular Event 27 "Intel Ethernet Controller I226-V, Network link is disconnected." and Event 32 "Intel Ethernet Controller I226-V. Network link has been established at 1 Gbps full duplex." We've experienced the issue in our labs. We tried updating to the latest 27.8 drivers from Intel, and used the latest motherboard BIOS, at 1 Gbps speed, but the issue couldn't be fixed reliably. In the end, we just switched over to the motherboard's second network interface, which is not an Intel NIC, and the issue went away. Another option could be to buy a cheap PCI-Express network card or use the board's integrated Wi-Fi. Still, such issues aren't acceptable, especially not from a world-leading manufacturer like Intel, who once was reputed for the quality of its networking equipment. Intel and its motherboard partners need to get on top of this issue.

More...

GoDeal24 Winter Big Software Sale: Get Your Favorite Windows and Office Editions at Frosty Prices
    GoDeal24 released the 2023 Winter Big Software Sale. Get the software you need from the comfort of your home, delivered instantly, at deep discounts. Get Genuine Windows 10 Pro at just $7.25, or as low as $6.01 in a 5-PC pack. The latest and greatest Windows 11 Pro can be had at just $10.25. Supercharge your domestic productivity with Genuine Office 2021 Professional Plus at $25.25. Also check out great deals on older editions of Office, and Mac editions you might want. Save more when you combine Windows and Office.

Buy Windows 10 Pro at $7.25 | Buy Windows 10 Home at $7.15 | Buy Windows 11 Pro at $10.25 | Buy Windows 11 Home at $9.98 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus at $24.25 | Buy Office 2019 Professional Plus at $22.25 | Buy Ashampoo PDF Pro at $18.99 | Buy Ashampoo Office 8 at $19.99 | Buy Ashampoo Zip Pro 4 at $18.85 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 2-PC at $39.25 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 3-PC at $56.25 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 5-PC at $65.25 | Buy Windows 10 Pro 2-PC at $12.25 | Buy Windows 10 Pro 5-PC at $33.99 | Buy Windows 10 Home 2-PC at $12.01 | Buy Windows 11 Pro 2-PC at $20.25| Buy Windows 11 Home 2-PC at $19.25

Buy Office 2021 Home and Business for Mac at $59.96 | Buy Office 2019 Home and Business for Mac at $54.96 | Buy Office 2016 Home and Business for Mac at $52.96

Please use the coupon code SGO62 on the following items to avail the prices you see here.

Buy Windows 11 Pro + Office 2021 Professional Plus at $32.99 | Buy Windows 11 Pro + Office 2019 Professional Plus at $30.99 | Buy Windows 10 Pro + Office 2021 Professional Plus at $29.70 | Buy Windows 10 Pro + Office 2019 Professional Plus at $27.66

Please use the coupon code SGO50 on the following items.

Buy Windows 10 Enterprise 2021 LTSC at $12.81 | Buy Windows Server 2022 Standard at $26.13
    Check out other great deals on system software.
    More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GUNNIR Outs 16GB Arc A770 Photon Graphics Card with Triple-Fan Cooler

GUNNIR, the Chinese Intel Arc board partner, unveiled a 16 GB version of its Arc A770 Photon graphics card with specs that partially match Intel's A770 16 GB Limited Edition. Custom-design versions of the A770, such as the one from ASRock Phantom Gaming, only come with 8 GB of memory. The card comes with GUNNIR's heaviest dual-slot, triple-fan cooling solution. While the card offers an overclocked GPU, with the A770 running at 2.40 GHz (compared to 2.10 GHz reference), the memory runs at the same 16 Gbps GDDR6-effective speed as the A770 8 GB version, and not the 17.5 Gbps that the A770 16 GB Limited Edition comes with. This leaves you with a still-respectable 512 GB/s of memory bandwidth on tap. The card draws power from two 8-pin PCIe power connectors. GUNNIR is pricing the card at RMB ¥3,199 ($470).

More...

ASRock Returns to its Roots with Wacky X670 Upgrade Card
    For those that don't remember the early days of ASRock, the company started out making some rather unusual motherboards, often with some wild and wacky upgrade paths, such as both a slot and a socket for a CPU or both AGP and PCIe graphics card slots. Since then, ASRock has become a much more mainstream motherboard maker, but the company appears to have gone back to its roots with what the company calls the X670 Xpansion Kit. Right now, the expansion card appears to be working with the B650 LiveMixer motherboard and it's unknown if it's compatible with other models from ASRock. It seems to be limited to ASRock motherboards only, due to the fact that the add-in card requires not only a x4 PCIe slot with all lanes attached, on the motherboard, but also a custom cable that is most likely for "low-speed" I/O's such as I2C, SPI and so on.

As the name suggests, the X670 Xpansion Kit allows B650 motherboards to be turned into X670 motherboards, more or less. The card is home to a second chipset, which enables not only two additional M.2 slots for PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs, but it also features two SATA ports, a 10 Gbps USB-C port, three USB-A ports and—maybe most interestingly—a 10 Gbps Ethernet interface. It's unclear if this will be a retail product, but the card provided to Level1Techs doesn't appear to be an engineer unit, but a full retail ready product. It's definitely an interesting upgrade path for those that have invested in a B650 motherboard and there's no real reason why this shouldn't work as well as having the second chipset on the motherboard, especially as ASRock appears to have fitted a signal re-driver on the add-in card to make sure the PCIe signals are handled properly.

More...

(PR) Alphacool Unveils Core Distro Plate Series
    The new Core Distro Plate from Alphacool is a must-have for every performance-oriented custom water cooling system. It greatly simplifies the planning, construction and maintenance of complex water loops. The Distro Plate features an integrated reservoir with pump top for VPP/D5 pumps. Due to the arrangement of the G1/4" connections, confusing and complicated tubing paths will be a thing of the past. Therefore, the Core Distro Plate is ideally suited for custom water loops in which CPU and graphics card(s) are to be cooled simultaneously.

A beautiful and elegant element of the Core Distro Plate are the chrome-plated, brass G1/4" connectors. Recessed into the acrylic and fitted with an O-ring, the connectors are absolutely leak-proof and support the clean and functional look of the Alphacool Core Design series. The connections are not screwed directly into the acrylic to prevent cracking and resulting leakage.

More...

(PR) Foundry Revenue is Forecasted to Drop by 4% YoY for 2023, TrendForce Notes
    TrendForce's recent analysis of the foundry market reveals that demand continues to slide for all types of mature and advanced nodes. The major IC design houses have cut wafer input for 1Q23 and will likely scale back further for 2Q23. Currently, foundries are expected to maintain a lower-than-ideal level of capacity utilization rate in the first two quarters of this year. Some nodes could experience a steeper demand drop in 2Q23 as there are still no signs of a significant rebound in wafer orders. Looking ahead to the second half of this year, orders will likely pick up for some components that underwent an inventory correction at an earlier time. However, the state of the global economy will remain the largest variable that affect demand, and the recovery of individual foundries' capacity utilization rates will not occur as quickly as expected. Taking these factors into account, TrendForce currently forecasts that global foundry revenue will drop by around 4% YoY for 2023. The projected decline for 2023 is more severe when compared with the one that was recorded for 2019.

More...

About 300 MSI Motherboard Models Have a Faulty Secure Boot Implementation with Certain UEFI Firmware Versions
    The UEFI Secure Boot feature is designed to prevent malicious code from executing during the system boot process, and has been a cybersecurity staple since the late-2000s, when software support was introduced with Windows 8. Dawid Potocki, a New Zealand-based IT student and cybersecurity researcher, discovered that as many as 300 motherboard models by MSI have a faulty Secure Boot implementation with certain versions of their UEFI firmware, which allows just about any boot image to load. This is, however, localized to only certain UEFI firmware versions, that are released as beta versions.

Potocki stumbled upon this when he found that his PRO Z790-A WiFi motherboard failed to verify the cryptographic signature boot-time binaries at the time of system boot. "I have found that my firmware was… accepting every OS image I gave it, no matter if it was trusted or not." He then began examining other motherboard models, and discovered close to 300 MSI motherboard models with a broken Secure Boot implementation. He clarified that MSI laptops aren't affected, and only their desktop motherboards are. Potocki says that affected MSI motherboards have an "always execute" policy set for Secure Boot, which makes the mechanism worthless, and theorized a possible reason. "I suspect this is because they probably knew that Microsoft wouldn't approve of it and/or that they get less tickets about Secure Boot causing issues for their users."

More...

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Possible Specs Surface—160 W Power, Debuts AD106 Silicon
    NVIDIA's next GeForce RTX 40-series "Ada" graphics card launch is widely expected to be the GeForce RTX 4070 (non-Ti), and as we approach Spring 2023, the company is expected to ramp up to the meat of its new generation, with xx60-segment, beginning with the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti. This new performance-segment SKU debuts the 4 nm "AD106" silicon. A set of leaks by kopite7kimi, a reliable source with NVIDIA leaks, shed light on possible specifications.

The RTX 4060 Ti is based on the AD106 silicon, which is expected to be much smaller than the AD104 powering the RTX 4070 series. The reference board developed at NVIDIA, codenamed PG190, is reportedly tiny, and yet it features the 16-pin ATX 12VHPWR connector. This is probably set for 300 W at its signal pins, and adapters included with graphics cards could convert two 8-pin PCIe into one 300 W 16-pin connector. The RTX 4060 Ti is expected to come with a typical graphics power value of 160 W.

More...

AMD RX 7900 XTX OC Does Cross 3 GHz Barrier, But in Non-Gaming Workloads
    AMD's Radeon RX 7900 XTX RDNA3 graphics card does cross the 3 GHz engine clocks barrier, but not in gaming use-cases, finds a ComputerBase.de article, in which the German publication compares the overclocking experience between the RX 7000-series RDNA3 and NVIDIA RTX 40-series "Ada" architectures. The RX 7900 XTX was found to hit engine clock speeds as high as 3455 MHz, but when handling the Blender rendering benchmark, and not typical gaming workloads.

The GPU could even be pushed to 3548 MHz with a power-draw of around 400 W, but it wasn't stable, the article notes. The top frequencies the GPUs could hit with gaming workloads were around 2.90 GHz. We could be happening with games is that more of the GPU's hardware resources are tapping into its power-limit (such as the memory controllers, caches, and other special SIMD functions, which could be impacting the engine clock boosting headroom. ComputerBase.de used a Sapphire RX 7900 XTX NITRO+ custom-design graphics card in its testing, which comes with three 8-pin PCIe power connectors, and a higher overclocking headroom than what the reference-design cards are capable of.

More...

Chips are the New Oil with Geopolitics: Intel CEO
    Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger, in an interview with CNN at WEF Davos, stated that semiconductor chip supply chains will have a greater influence on geopolitics than oil supply-chains over the next 50 years. Modern civilization is increasingly digitized, and most modern conveniences are "chipped" and connected in some form, which would put the chip-producing nations, or entities producing/supplying the chips at a distinct geopolitical advantage, similar to the oil-producing ones today. The location of "oil reserves [has] defined geopolitics for the last five decades," Gelsinger said; "where the technology supply chains are, and where semiconductors are built, is more important for the next 5 decades," he added.

We caught a taste of exactly what he meant when global semiconductor supply chains buckled around 2020-onward, hitting a multitude of other industries, including automobiles, construction, remote-work, consumer electronics, and much more. Unlike oil, which is a geographically constrained being a natural resource, chips can be manufactured almost anywhere, dictated only by geopolitical, trade, and IP barriers. Gelsinger calls for a much wider geographic spread of chip-production, so the supply-chains get resilient to disruptions due to unforeseen events. "We need this geographically balanced, resilient supply chain," he said. Gelsinger is at the forefront of advocating semiconductor manufacturing on U.S. soil to not only meet local demand, but also contribute to global supply-chain resilience. The CHIPS Act passed by U.S. Congress in 2022 will oversee more than $200 billion in public investments on semiconductor manufacturing and tech-research in the U.S.

More...

(PR) Synology Announces Highly Scalable SA6400 Storage System
    Synology today announced the availability of the 12-bay SA6400, its most versatile general-purpose storage system designed to provide enterprises and large studios with lightning-fast data transfer speeds and on-demand capacity expansion. "SA6400 is the ideal solution to tackle today's ever-increasing amounts of unstructured data," said Julien Chen, Product Manager at Synology. "Its ability to quickly scale as data demands grow makes it suitable to serve as file or backup storage in agile and dynamic environments, getting businesses ready for future data growth."

Storage capacity is seamlessly expandable by adding up to 8 RX1223RP expansion units for a total of 108 drive bays, making room for over 1.9 petabytes on a single system—9 times the original capacity. With a throughput of over 6,500/4,000 MB/s sequential read/write, SA6400 ensures smooth operations even in the most demanding scenarios, including enterprise data centers, large production studios, and applications in the retail or hospitality sectors. Performance can be further boosted to accommodate more streams or tackle specialized applications by upgrading the built-in 10 GbE networking to 25 or even 40 GbE.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (PR) Apple Introduces the New HomePod with Breakthrough Sound and Inte

pple today announced HomePod (2nd generation), a powerful smart speaker that delivers next-level acoustics in a gorgeous, iconic design. Packed with Apple innovations and Siri intelligence, HomePod offers advanced computational audio for a groundbreaking listening experience, including support for immersive Spatial Audio tracks. With convenient new ways to manage everyday tasks and control the smart home, users can now create smart home automations using Siri, get notified when a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm is detected in their home, and check temperature and humidity in a room—all hands-free.

The new HomePod is available to order online and in the Apple Store app starting today, with availability beginning Friday, February 3. "Leveraging our audio expertise and innovations, the new HomePod delivers rich, deep bass, natural mid-range, and clear, detailed highs," said Greg Joswiak, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "With the popularity of HomePod mini, we've seen growing interest in even more powerful acoustics achievable in a larger HomePod. We're thrilled to bring the next generation of HomePod to customers around the world."

More...

(PR) ASUS Announces All-New ExpertCenter Tower Desktops for 2023
    ASUS today announced the latest additions to its business-friendly range of ExpertCenter desktop PCs—the all-new ExpertCenter D5 Tower (D500TE) and ExpertCenter D7 Tower (D700TE) models.

Powered by up to the latest 13th Generation Intel Core i9 processor and professional-grade NVIDIA graphics, these new ExpertCenter desktops benefit from a voluminous 27-liter case for maximum expandability. Embracing the ExpertCenter ethos, the new models are meticulously engineered to deliver professional performance, easy maintenance, enterprise-grade security and manageability. They're also built to and tested to military-grade standards of strength and resilience. Sustainability and efficiency are also cornerstones of the ExpertCenter design, from manufacturing and packaging to daily use—achieving multiple certifications for their environmental consideration.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Slams the Brakes on Hillsboro R&D Center as Part of Cost Savings

Alongside its facilities in Hillsboro, Oregon, Intel was meant to build a state of the art, $700 million R&D centre, but it appears that the company has decided to slam the brakes on that project, as part of its cost saving measures. The "mega lab" as it has also been referred to, will most likely not get built at all, despite the comparably small cost in relation to building a semiconductor fab, but $700 million saved is still going to make Intel look good in front of its shareholders. In total, Intel is said to be looking at cutting US$3 billion in spending for 2023 and cancelling the construction of the R&D facility contributes almost a quarter of that sum.

The "mega lab" was supposed to cover 18,580 square metres of floor space, largely dedicated towards data centre R&D projects. According to Intel, those projects will still go ahead, just at other facilities, according to a statement sent to Oregon Live. Intel is apparently also scrapping plans for a much smaller, US$200 million R&D facility in Israel, while potentially also pushing back its plans for new fabs in Europe. The latter might come down to what kind of subsidies Intel can get from the German government and the EU.

More...

AMD Product Pages Say Upcoming 7950X3D and 7800X3D "Unlocked for Overclocking"
    The product pages of the upcoming AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D and Ryzen 7 7800X3D "Zen 4" processors went online, which say that the two chips are unlocked for overclocking. This normally implies that the processor has an unlocked base-clock multiplier, which makes it easy to overclock. The previous-generation Ryzen 7 5800X3D processors came with locked base-clock multipliers, making them complicated to overclock. Both the 16-core/32-thread 7950X3D and the 8-core/16-thread 7800X3D come with a TDP rating of 120 W, which for the 7950X3D is significantly lower than the 170 W that the 7950X is rated at. It's also worth noting that the T-junction max (TJmax) value is lower, at just 89°C, compared to 95°C of the 7950X and 7700X.

Slated for a February 2023 market release, the two chips introduce stacked 3D vertical cache technology (3DV cache). The 7800X3D comes with 64 MB of 3DV cache stacked on top of the 32 MB of on-die L3 cache, taking its L3 cache size to 96 MB, and total cache (L2+L3) to 104 MB. On the other hand, the 7950X3D and the 12-core/24-thread 7900X3D only come with the 3DV cache memory on one of the two "Zen 4" CCDs. The first CCD has 96 MB of L3 cache (including the 3DV cache), while the second CCD is a standard "Zen 4" CCD with just 32 MB of on-die L3 cache. For these chips, the L3 cache adds up to 128 MB, and total cache to 140 MB for the 7900X3D, and 144 MB for the 7950X3D.

More...

(PR) Phanteks Launches The Glacier R220C DDC Combo, White Gen 4 Vertical GPU Bracket and White Gen 4 Riser Cables
    Phanteks launched a range of PC enthusiast products to help PC builders create incredible systems. The all-new Glacier R220C DDC Combo, white Vertical GPU bracket, and white Flat Line PCIe Gen 4 Riser Cables are designed for both gamers and PC enthusiasts who want to improve the performance of their system and stand out from the crowd.

The new Glacier R220C DDC Combo is equipped with a pre-installed high-performance DDC 4.2 pump with power management control via PWM through motherboard bios or a fan controller. The compact design is quiet and powerful and comes with a SATA power connector for easy installation to run any complex liquid-cooled system.

More...

(PR) Kingston Technology Server Premier DDR5 4800MT/s Registered DIMMs Receive Validation on 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processor
    Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced its 64 GB, 32 GB, and 16 GB Server Premier DDR5 4800MT/s Registered DIMMs have been validated on the 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processor (formerly codenamed Sapphire Rapids). For over 35 years Kingston has been the memory brand trusted by leading server manufacturers and the world's largest data centers. Server Premier is Kingston's industry standard memory solution sold by specification for use in white-box servers, and is platform validated and qualified by leading motherboard/system manufacturers. Featuring a locked BOM (Bill of Materials) to provide a consistent brand and revision of primary components (including DRAM, register, PMIC, SPD hub, thermal sensors, and PCB), all Kingston server memory solutions are 100% tested and undergo a rigorous dynamic burn-in process designed to catch early-life failures at the factory.

Intel's 4th Gen Xeon Scalable Processor is their first to support next-generation DDR5 server-class memory and features eight memory channels, arranged in up to two DIMMs per channel, or 16 DIMMs per CPU socket. At 4800MT/s, each DDR5 Registered DIMM provides a peak bandwidth of 38.4 GB/s, which when grouped in multi-channel configurations provides a marked increase in performance over DDR4-based servers. DDR5 introduces advanced features for a more reliable and more efficient memory subsystem, including on-die ECC (ODECC), double the number of banks and double the burst length, improved refreshes, inclusion of a power management circuit (PMIC), additional temperature sensors, decision feedback equalization (DFE), and dual independent 32-bit subchannels (40-bit for ECC).

More...

(PR) Microsoft and OpenAI Extend Partnership with Additional Investment
    Today, we are announcing the third phase of our long-term partnership with OpenAI through a multiyear, multibillion dollar investment to accelerate AI breakthroughs to ensure these benefits are broadly shared with the world.

This agreement follows our previous investments in 2019 and 2021. It extends our ongoing collaboration across AI supercomputing and research and enables each of us to independently commercialize the resulting advanced AI technologies.

More...

Qualcomm Allegedly Preparing a Rival to Apple M SoC, Codenamed Hamoa
    Qualcomm has been working on its Snapdragon SoCs for quite some time now, with massive success in the mobile phone space. However, the company's processors needed to be up to the task regarding laptops. For a user to not look at x86 offerings, the only remaining performant alternatives are Apple's M processors. In 2021 Qualcomm purchased the Nuvia team that was developing massively efficient and high-performance IP for laptops, similar to Apple M processors. Today, according to the insights from Kuba Wojciechowski (@Za_Raczke) on Twitter, we have some potential information about the upcoming Nuvia-powered SoC codenamed Hamoa.

According to the Twitter thread, Qualcomm's Hamoa processors are part of the Snapdragon 8xc Gen 4 compute platform and feature up to eight high-performance P-cores and four low-power E-cores, all based on Nuvia's IP. Allegedly the P-cores are being tested at 3.4 GHz, while the E-cores are tested at 2.5 GHz. The SoC splits CPU cores into blocks, each being a four-core group with 12 MB of shared L2 cache. There is also an 8 MB L3 cache structure; it needs to be clarified whether it is per core block or for the entire SoC. The chip employs 12 MB of system-level cache, with 4 MB of memory for graphics-related tasks handled by iGPU. The iGPU of choice is Adreno 740, with all modern APIs supported. Discrete graphics solutions are supported by the top-end SKUs, which allow eight PCIe 4.0 lanes to be directed toward dGPU, along with an additional four PCIe 4.0 lanes for NVMe SSD. For RAM, the chip uses up to 64 GBs of LPDDR5X eight-channel memory with up to 4.2 GHz speeds. Chip's media engines are structured to support decoding up to 4K120 and encode up to 4K60 with AV1.

More...

(PR) CaseLabs Makes a Comeback Under New Management
    Friends, fans, and former customers of CaseLabs, I have the great pleasure to announce that CaseLabs is officially back after the bankruptcy in 2018! We are now under new management and have re-located to Sweden, but don't worry, everything you knew and loved about CaseLabs will remain the same. We will carry on the spirit of CaseLabs as best as we can while updating existing models and bringing new models to the market.

Let me introduce myself very briefly: My name is Emil, I'm almost 37 years old, I live in Sweden, and I am the new owner of CaseLabs since October 2021. Ever since I first heard that CaseLabs went bankrupt I've been trying to buy CaseLabs' intellectual property. After a long and drawn-out process the trustee and I finally came to an agreement in the spring of 2021 and the purchase was finalized in October 2021. Since then Daniel and I have been working on bringing CaseLabs back to life again.

More...

(PR) AMD Adaptive Computing Technology Enables Next-Generation DENSO LiDAR System
    AMD announced that its adaptive computing technology is powering leading mobility supplier DENSO Corporation's next-generation LiDAR platform. The new platform will enable over 20X1 improvement in resolution with extremely low latency for increased precision in detecting pedestrians, vehicles, free space and more. The DENSO LiDAR platform, targeted to begin shipping in 2025, will leverage the AMD Xilinx Automotive (XA) Zynq UltraScale+ adaptive SoC and its functional safety suite of developer tools to enable ISO 26262 ASIL-B certification.

DENSO is using the AMD XA Zynq UltraScale+ multi-processor system-on-a-chip (MPSoC) platform in its Single-Photon Avalanche Diode (SPAD) LiDAR system, which generates the highest point-cloud density level of any LiDAR system on the market today. Point-cloud density describes the number of points within a given area and is analogous to image resolution, where richer data ensures that crucial decision-making details are captured.

More...

(PR) QNAP Delivers the TS-1655 High-Capacity 2.5GbE Hybrid Storage with 8-Core Intel CPU
    QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading computing, networking, and storage solution innovator, today introduced the high-capacity TS-1655 tower 2.5 GbE NAS that can accommodate twelve 3.5-inch hard drives and four 2.5-inch solid-state drives. Designed with a hybrid storage architecture that balances performance and cost, the TS-1655 integrates 8-core computing power, 2.5 GbE high speed and PCIe expansion to improve business efficiency for cross-team file sharing, collaboration, backup and disaster recovery, and virtualization.

"The TS-1655 strikes a cost-performance balance with the HDD/SSD hybrid storage design, while also supporting RAID 50/60 that provides high-capacity NAS users with higher data protection and optimum storage space utilization," said Andy Chuang, Product Manager of QNAP, adding "Moreover, its SSD-focused design includes built-in M.2 NVMe PCIe slots and dedicated 2.5-inch SSD bays to drive performance-demanding business applications while enabling tiered storage for maximized cost-efficiency."

More...

(PR) Razer Kishi V2 for Android Updated with Controller Support for Touchscreen-only Games
    Following the release of the award-winning Razer Kishi V2 for Android last year, Razer announced a major update to their Razer Nexus software and Kishi V2 for Android controller firmware. The new Virtual Controller Mode allows all Kishi V2 for Android owners to use their controller to play touch-screen games. This new addition brings console-quality controls to all mobile platforms for the ultimate mobile gaming experience.

Razer's solution relies on a novel combination of hardware in the Kishi V2 controller and software in the Razer Nexus app, to enable reliable, secure, and easy-to-use controller support on countless touch-screen games. Virtual Controller Mode is available as a free update to all Kishi V2 for Android owners today, via the Razer Nexus app on the Google Play Store. This feature will also be rolling out to the Razer Edge in Q1 2023.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This Week in Gaming (Week 4)

We're already approaching the end of January and this coming week we're looking at both a new AAA title and a remake of an older AAA title that also gets a collectors edition. In other words, a lot of exciting things are happening, if you're looking at getting a new or old game with improved graphics to play.

Forspoken / This Week's AAA Title / Tuesday 24 January

Mysteriously transported from New York City, Frey Holland finds herself trapped in the breathtaking land of Athia. A magical, sentient bracelet is inexplicably wrapped around her arm, and Frey discovers the ability to cast powerful spells and use magic to traverse the sprawling landscapes of Athia. Frey nicknames her new golden companion "Cuff" and sets off to find a way home.

More...

SiFive Reveals HiFive Pro P550 RISC-V Development Platform in microATX Form Factor
    Back in February 2022 SiFive announced its partnership with Intel Foundry Services (IFS), to bring its "Horse Creek" SoC to market and now SiFive has announced that it's getting ready to launch its first development board on said SoC. This summer, SiFive will launch the HiFive Pro P550 development board, which will kick things up a serious notch when it comes to embedded SoC development boards, regardless of the CPU core the SoC is built around. The HiFive Pro P550 will be one of few microATX based embedded SoC development boards out there and so far, to our knowledge, the only one with a RISC-V based SoC. The Horse Creek SoC sports quad core, 2.2 GHz, 13-stage, triple-issue, out-of-order pipeline RISC-V RV64GBC CPU built on the Intel 4 node. The SoC also has a DDR5 5600 MHz memory interface, support for eight lanes of PCIe 5.0 and comes in a 19 x 19 mm FBGA package.

The HiFive Pro P550 will offer 16 GB of DDR5 memory, but based on the render of the motherboard, this is soldered to the board, rather than relying on standard DDR5 DIMMs. Furthermore, the board has two x16 PCIe 3.0 expansion slots, although it's unclear how many PCIe each slot features, as well as a PCIe 3.0 M.2 2280 M-key slot for NVMe SSDs and a PCIe 3.0 M.2 E-key slot for a WiFi/Bluetooth module. The board also sports multiple USB/USB 3.0 ports and even a pair of USB-C ports. The press release also mentions both Gigabit and 10 Gbps Ethernet support, as well as support for onboard graphics and remote system management, without going into any further details. It'll be interesting to see if the Horse Creek SoC can deliver on its expected performance target, especially as SiFive has a lot to prove, especially as the company calls the RISC-V architecture inevitable.

More...

(PR) LG Electronics USA Debuts its new Cinebeam Smart Portable Projector
    LG Electronics USA has introduced and announced immediate availability of its new CineBeam Smart Portable Projector, joining the brand's extensive line of premium CineBeam models. Weighing in at 2.2 pounds, the CineBeam Smart Portable Projector is made to deliver a transformative home theater experience with ease in any room. The PF510Q model is currently available at LG.com for $599. From streaming their favorite movie, to engaging in a virtual fitness class, users can enjoy the versatility and portability of the PF510Q projector.

The PF510Q is LG's new innovative projector that offers users a unique entertainment experience without sacrificing convenience or quality. Strategically built with a lightweight and compact design, the PF510Q is easy to carry from room to room or on the go and blends seamlessly with any space. The Smart Portable Projector presents a wide range of display sizes from an intimate 30" up to an impressive 120", providing the benefit of adjusting the screen size to best-fit for a variety of viewing preferences. Its full HD resolution allows users to watch movies or play video games in high quality, whether they're studying in a small dorm room or enjoying a movie in their backyard. Additionally, the PF510Q's Auto Vertical Keystone feature adjusts the vertical keystone alignment, eliminating tilts and distortion for crisp, incredible views.

More...

(PR) IonQ to Open First Quantum Computing Manufacturing Facility in the US
    IonQ, Inc. (NYSE: IONQ), an industry leader in quantum computing, today announced plans to open the first known dedicated quantum computing manufacturing facility in the U.S., located in the suburbs of Seattle, Washington. The new facility will house IonQ's growing R&D and manufacturing teams, as they develop systems to meet continued customer demand. With public support from U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) - an early proponent of the CHIPS and Science Act - and Congresswoman Suzan DelBene, US representative from Washington's 1st congressional district,today's announcement is part of IonQ's broader intent to invest $1 billion through expansion in the Pacific Northwest over the next 10 years.

"IonQ making the decision to open the first ever quantum computing manufacturing facility in the country right here in Bothell is a very big deal—and it's great news for Washington state," said Senator Murray. "Opening this facility will absolutely help ensure Washington state continues to be a leader in innovation and cutting-edge technologies—but it also means jobs that will be an investment in our families and their futures. These are the kinds of investments that happen when we pass legislation like the CHIPS and Science Act to invest in American manufacturing and build the economy of the future right here at home."

More...

Google to Lay Off Around 12,000 Staff to "Set up for the Future"
    Google's chief executive officer (CEO) Sundar Pichai today uploaded a blog post titled "A difficult decision to set us up for the future." This message highlights the decision to lay off around 12,000 working staff from Google's fleet of employees. That includes the US and international teams represented in the figure mentioned above. While we don't have information about the specific headcount deficit per country, US employees are expected to be hit first and international employees second, as the company has to comply with local state laws in which it employs the staff. The figure represents about 6% of its total staff. Given the recent economic climate and a slight downturn in tech, Google is joining other big companies in cutting head counts to adapt to the new economy. Below you can read a piece of Google's announcement.
    Sundar PichaiI have some difficult news to share. We've decided to reduce our workforce by approximately 12,000 roles. We've already sent a separate email to employees in the US who are affected. In other countries, this process will take longer due to local laws and practices. This will mean saying goodbye to some incredibly talented people we worked hard to hire and have loved working with. I'm deeply sorry for that. The fact that these changes will impact the lives of Googlers weighs heavily on me, and I take full responsibility for the decisions that led us here.
    The rest of the announcement can be read in the Google blog post.

More...

PSA: Intel I226-V 2.5GbE on Raptor Lake Motherboards Has a Connection Drop Issue: No Fix Available
    The Intel Ethernet i226-V onboard 2.5 GbE controller appears to have a design flaw that causes the Ethernet connection to drop at random times for a few seconds. The I226-V is the latest version of Intel's cost-effective 2.5 Gbps Ethernet networking chips meant for PC motherboards with chipsets that have integrated MACs (i.e. Intel chipsets). It succeeds the I225-V, which was Intel's first consumer 2.5 GbE PHY. The I225-V was plagued by various issues that caused it to be unstable at 2.5 Gbps (but could be worked around by forcing 1 GbE mode). Many premium Intel 700-series chipset Socket LGA1700 motherboards integrate the new I226-V, which is the I225's successor, as their default onboard 2.5 GbE controller. Some enthusiast-segment motherboards have a second Ethernet controller that's either of a different brand (such as Realtek or Marvell), or a different kind of wired Ethernet (such as 10 GbE).

Since mid-December, users of Intel 700-series chipset motherboards (which debut the I226-V), have been reporting random connections drops to Intel's Support Community, Microsoft, ASUS and Reddit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. These drops are momentary, last a few seconds, and you'll mostly not notice it; however for applications that need an uninterrupted connection (such as online gaming, video conferencing, VPN, Remote Desktop etc.), such a link drop will be noticeable. You can check if you are affected by opening Windows Event Viewer, navigate to "Windows Logs," "System" and search for "e2fnexpress," in particular Event 27 "Intel Ethernet Controller I226-V, Network link is disconnected." and Event 32 "Intel Ethernet Controller I226-V. Network link has been established at 1 Gbps full duplex." We've experienced the issue in our labs. We tried updating to the latest 27.8 drivers from Intel, and used the latest motherboard BIOS, at 1 Gbps speed, but the issue couldn't be fixed reliably. In the end, we just switched over to the motherboard's second network interface, which is not an Intel NIC, and the issue went away. Another option could be to buy a cheap PCI-Express network card or use the board's integrated Wi-Fi. Still, such issues aren't acceptable, especially not from a world-leading manufacturer like Intel, who once was reputed for the quality of its networking equipment. Intel and its motherboard partners need to get on top of this issue.

More...

GoDeal24 Winter Big Software Sale: Get Your Favorite Windows and Office Editions at Frosty Prices
    GoDeal24 released the 2023 Winter Big Software Sale. Get the software you need from the comfort of your home, delivered instantly, at deep discounts. Get Genuine Windows 10 Pro at just $7.25, or as low as $6.01 in a 5-PC pack. The latest and greatest Windows 11 Pro can be had at just $10.25. Supercharge your domestic productivity with Genuine Office 2021 Professional Plus at $25.25. Also check out great deals on older editions of Office, and Mac editions you might want. Save more when you combine Windows and Office.

Buy Windows 10 Pro at $7.25 | Buy Windows 10 Home at $7.15 | Buy Windows 11 Pro at $10.25 | Buy Windows 11 Home at $9.98 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus at $24.25 | Buy Office 2019 Professional Plus at $22.25 | Buy Ashampoo PDF Pro at $18.99 | Buy Ashampoo Office 8 at $19.99 | Buy Ashampoo Zip Pro 4 at $18.85 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 2-PC at $39.25 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 3-PC at $56.25 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 5-PC at $65.25 | Buy Windows 10 Pro 2-PC at $12.25 | Buy Windows 10 Pro 5-PC at $33.99 | Buy Windows 10 Home 2-PC at $12.01 | Buy Windows 11 Pro 2-PC at $20.25| Buy Windows 11 Home 2-PC at $19.25

Buy Office 2021 Home and Business for Mac at $59.96 | Buy Office 2019 Home and Business for Mac at $54.96 | Buy Office 2016 Home and Business for Mac at $52.96

Please use the coupon code SGO62 on the following items to avail the prices you see here.

Buy Windows 11 Pro + Office 2021 Professional Plus at $32.99 | Buy Windows 11 Pro + Office 2019 Professional Plus at $30.99 | Buy Windows 10 Pro + Office 2021 Professional Plus at $29.70 | Buy Windows 10 Pro + Office 2019 Professional Plus at $27.66

Buy Windows 10 Enterprise 2021 LTSC at $12.81 | Buy Windows Server 2022 Standard at $26.13
    Check out other great deals on system software.
    More...

ASRock Returns to its Roots with Wacky X670 Upgrade Card
    For those that don't remember the early days of ASRock, the company started out making some rather unusual motherboards, often with some wild and wacky upgrade paths, such as both a slot and a socket for a CPU or both AGP and PCIe graphics card slots. Since then, ASRock has become a much more mainstream motherboard maker, but the company appears to have gone back to its roots with what the company calls the X670 Xpansion Kit. Right now, the expansion card appears to be working with the B650 LiveMixer motherboard and it's unknown if it's compatible with other models from ASRock. It seems to be limited to ASRock motherboards only, due to the fact that the add-in card requires not only a x4 PCIe slot with all lanes attached, on the motherboard, but also a custom cable that is most likely for "low-speed" I/O's such as I2C, SPI and so on.

As the name suggests, the X670 Xpansion Kit allows B650 motherboards to be turned into X670 motherboards, more or less. The card is home to a second chipset, which enables not only two additional M.2 slots for PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs, but it also features two SATA ports, a 10 Gbps USB-C port, three USB-A ports and—maybe most interestingly—a 10 Gbps Ethernet interface. It's unclear if this will be a retail product, but the card provided to Level1Techs doesn't appear to be an engineer unit, but a full retail ready product. It's definitely an interesting upgrade path for those that have invested in a B650 motherboard and there's no real reason why this shouldn't work as well as having the second chipset on the motherboard, especially as ASRock appears to have fitted a signal re-driver on the add-in card to make sure the PCIe signals are handled properly.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (PR) ASML Reports €21.2 Billion Net Sales and €5.6 Billion Net Income

Today ASML Holding NV (ASML) has published its 2022 fourth-quarter and full-year results. "Our fourth-quarter net sales came in around the midpoint of our guidance at €6.4 billion. The gross margin of 51.5% was above our guidance due to additional upgrades and insurance settlement for last year's ASML Berlin fire. "For ASML, 2022 was another strong year ending with total net sales for the year of €21.2 billion, gross margin of 50.5% and a record backlog at the end of 2022 of €40.4 billion.

"We continue to see uncertainty in the market caused by inflation, rising interest rates, risk of recession and geopolitical developments related to export controls. However, our customers indicate that they expect the market to rebound in the second half of the year. Considering our order lead times and the strategic nature of lithography investments, demand for our systems therefore remains strong.

More...

(PR) Open Compute Project Foundation and JEDEC Announce a New Collaboration
    Today, the Open Compute Project Foundation (OCP), the nonprofit organization bringing hyperscale innovations to all, and JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, the global leader in the development of standards for the microelectronics industry, announce a new collaboration to establish a framework for the transfer of technology captured in an OCP-approved specification to JEDEC for inclusion in one of its standards. This alliance brings together members from both the OCP and JEDEC communities to share efforts in developing and maintaining global standards needed to advance the electronics industry.

Under this new alliance, the current effort will be to provide a mechanism to standardize Chiplet part descriptions leveraging OCP Chiplet Data Extensible Markup Language (CDXML) specification to become part of JEDEC JEP30: Part Model Guidelines for use with today's EDA tools. With this updated JEDEC standard, expected to be published in 2023, Chiplet builders will be able to provide electronically a standardized Chiplet part description to their customers paving the way for automating System in Package (SiP) design and build using Chiplets. The description will include information needed by SiP builders such as Chiplet thermal properties, physical and mechanical requirements, behavior specifications, power and signal integrity properties, testing the Chiplet in package, and security parameters.

More...

Crypto Miners Paint GDDR Memory Chips to Hide Wear and Tear
    With the once-lucrative business of cryptocurrency mining now slowly falling out of favor for discrete graphics, crypto miners are turning their heads to creative solutions to "refurbish" and sell their remaining inventory to third-party users. When GPU components, such as the die or GDDR memory, overheat, they can produce visual signs of damage, such as discoloration or melting. Some miners have started painting the memory on their GPU's boards with special thermal paint to hide the wear and tear from the naked eye and make the GDDR chips appear new in hopes that no one would notice. According to Iskandar Souza and TecLab, their cases are now getting debunked.

As these reports note, miners are removing the stock cooling systems from GPUs to install a third-party solution or recently tried to resolder failed GPU dies back in place and paint the yellowish GDDR memory chips. According to the testing done by Iskandar Souza, you can see below the difference between a worn-out yellowish GDDR chip and its painted deception standing next to one another. Below you can also see the process of resoldering failed GPUs back in place. Crypto miners have been very careful to make them look almost as brand new, so GPU buyers from third-party sources need to be extra cautious before making a purchase.

More...

Intel Arc GPU Graphics Drivers 101.4090 Beta Released
    Intel Graphics today released the latest version of its Arc GPU Graphics Drivers. Version 101.4090 beta comes with launch-day optimization for "Forspoken." The company also fixed a couple of issues with this release. For Arc "Alchemist" discrete GPUs, an application freeze issue with "A Plague Tale: Requiem" has been fixed. Box corruptions noticed in "Need for Speed: Unbound," have also been fixed. For Intel Core processors with Xe LP-based iGPUs, a screenspace corruption issue with NFS: Unbound has been fixed; besides an intermittent application crash with Total War: Warhammer III in DirectX 11 mode, and color corruption in Battlefield: 2042. Grab the drivers from the link below.

DOWNLOAD: Intel Arc GPU Graphics Drivers 101.4090 beta

More...

League of Legends Source Code Stolen in Riot Games Cyberattack
    Riot Games provided its first response to last week's cyberattack on its company network. The company alleges that the attackers have exfiltrated with the source-codes for "League of Legends," "Teamfight Tactics," and a proprietary anti-cheat software that's no longer in use. Riot Games assures all that no game user data was compromised with this attack (particularly passwords or payment-instrument details); and at worst the stolen source code could help the attackers create cheats. The company also received a ransom e-mail from the attackers demanding payment, failing which they threaten to release the source code to public; but Riot said that it does not intend to pay. Since user information isn't compromised, and the games themselves are protected by IP laws globally, there's little reason to pay up.

More...

Bitspower Intros Nebula VGA Radeon RX 7900 XTX Full-coverage Water-block
    Bitspower today introduced the Nebula VGA full-coverage water-block for the AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX reference-design graphics card (model: BP-VG7900XTXRD). The block uses nickel-plated copper as its main material, and comes with a clear-acrylic top that's studded with addressable-RGB LEDs. It also includes a metal backplate. The block features a mirror-finish contact area for the GPU, and comes with thermal-pads for the card's twelve GDDR6 memory chips, and its VRM areas. The lighting setup takes in a common 3-pin ARGB connection. The block itself comes with industry-standard G1/4" threads for fittings. The block measures 270 mm x135.5 mm x 30.7 mm. Up for pre-order, the Nebula RX 7900 XTX FC-block is priced at the equivalent of USD $250.

More...

(PR) SK hynix Develops LPDDR5T, World's Fastest Mobile DRAM
    SK hynix Inc. announced today that it has developed the world's fastest mobile DRAM 'LPDDR5T (Low Power Double Data Rate 5 Turbo)' and provided sample products to customers. The new product, LPDDR5T, operates at a data rate of 9.6 gigabits per second (Gbps), 13% faster than the previous generation LPDDR5X unveiled in November 2022. To highlight the maximum speed the product features, SK hynix added 'Turbo' at the end of the standard name LPDDR5.

LPDDR5T, which operates in the ultra-low voltage range of 1.01 to 1.12 V set by the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council), is a product that not only features utmost speed but ultra-low power consumption. "The company pushed the technology to new limits in just two months after LPDDR5X, mobile DRAM with 8.5 Gbps specification, was introduced to the market in November 2022," SK hynix said. "We will solidify our leadership in the mobile DRAM market by providing products of various storage capacities that meet customers' needs."

More...

AMD Software Adrenalin 23.1.2 for RX 7900 Series Third Straight Exclusive Driver, No New Driver for RX 6000 Series Since 48 Days
    AMD today released the Adrenalin 23.1.2 drivers exclusively for the Radeon RX 7900 series, making it the third straight driver of the kind. There has been no new driver for older GPUs, including the RX 6000 series, including the 7-month old RX 6950 XT, since December 8, 2022 (48 days now), which means the overwhelming majority of AMD Radeon users don't yet have optimization for games such as Forspoken, and Valhiem. The latest 23.1.2 drivers only work with the RX 7900 XT and RX 7900 XTX. These introduce day-zero optimization for "Forspoken," and a handful background improvements for the Vulkan API. AMD fixed the "Delayed Write Failed" error noticed on Windows 11 22H2; less than expected performance with "SpaceEngine," and flickering issues noticed with "Emergency 4."

DOWNLOAD: AMD Software Adrenalin 23.1.2 for RX 7900 Series

More...

Western Digital and Kioxia Said to be Considering Merging Flash Production Business
    According to a report from Bloomberg, Western Digital and Kioxia are holding new talks about a potential merger of both companies' flash production businesses. The merger appears to be quite complex, as not only does it involve Western Digital spinning off its flash production business unit, which is then said to be merged with Kioxia, into what will be a publicly traded company in the US, but there will also be a second listing in Japan for the company.

Considering that Kioxia came out of Toshiba's DRAM and NAND flash manufacturing business, in which Western Digital was a partner until Toshiba divested its business into Kioxia. This caused quite some tension between the two companies, but Western Digital and Kioxia kept producing NAND flash in the shared facilities. The report by Bloomberg suggests that a management team from Western Digital will be running the combined company, which could potentially lead to future issues between the US and Japanese sides of the company. Time will tell if a merger will actually take place or not, as the two companies failed to come to an agreement in 2021, but it's possible that something has changed since then. Back in 2021, the merger was valued at US$20 billion plus.

More...

AMD Announces Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Bundle with Ryzen 7000-series CPUs
    From today, until the first of April, AMD will bundle a game code for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor with all of its Ryzen 7000-series CPUs. The promotion appears to be largely global, but limited to certain retailers, so if your favourite shop doesn't offer the bundled game code, you might have to look elsewhere. AMD offers a list on its website with participating retailers and in the US and Canada, this only appears to be Amazon and Newegg, whereas it varies much more widely in other parts of the world.

Oddly enough, many large retailers in various countries are missing and several countries are absent too, especially in Europe, for no apparent reason. What's even stranger, is that AMD doesn't appear to be offering the game code bundle through its own online shop, at least not in Europe. We should also point out that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor doesn't launch until the 17th of March, so if you jump the gun now, you're going to have to wait a few weeks before you'll be able to play the game.

More...

(PR) HyperX's "Coco" the Cozy Cat Collectable Keycap Arrives Soon for Gamers, Streamers and Cat Enthusiasts
    HyperX, the gaming peripherals team at HP Inc. and brand leader in gaming and esports, today announced the first 3D product drop of 2023 for the new HyperX HX3D program, a limited-edition "Coco" the Cozy Cat Keycap available on Jan. 26 at 9 a.m. EST exclusively on Hyperx.com. Designed to add a personal and unique flair to gaming setups, the custom keycap can be used as an escape key enhancement or a modified key of your choice. Gamers, influencers, streamers and cat lovers alike can enjoy the "purr-fect" feline companion on their keyboard or showcase it as part of their favorite cat collectibles and memorabilia.

HyperX HX3D is an exciting new program bringing gamers a range of ways to customize and personalize their favorite gaming gear by leveraging HP's best-in-class 3D printing technology. The first planned series of 3D printed peripheral upgrades are limited edition custom keycaps, designed to fit on HyperX and most other mechanical keyboards. These will be available to consumers over the coming months. "Coco" is the first of many planned HX3D products to personalize keyboards, headsets, mice, and other gaming products.

More...

(PR) Intel Board of Directors Appoints Frank D. Yeary as New Independent Chair
    Intel Corporation today announced that Frank D. Yeary has been appointed as the new independent chair of its board of directors. This follows Dr. Omar Ishrak's decision to step down as chair. Ishrak will remain on Intel's board as an independent director and continue to serve on the audit and finance committee and corporate governance and nominating committee.

"I'm pleased to welcome Frank as chair of Intel's board. His expertise in unlocking stockholder value, focus on corporate governance and familiarity with Intel are powerful assets to both the board and the company as we execute our strategy," said Pat Gelsinger, CEO of Intel. "I also want to thank Omar for his tremendous contributions as chair. He was instrumental in bringing me back to the company as CEO and has fostered a high-impact working dynamic across the board and management team. I look forward to his continued service as a valued member of the board."

More...

TechPowerUp NVCleanstall v1.15.0 Released
    TechPowerUp today released the latest version of TechPowerUp NVCleanstall, a handy utility that lets you take greater control over your NVIDIA GeForce software installation. NVCleanstall lets you disable stuff you probably don't need, such as Telemetry, or legacy components, giving your PC a leaner set of system software from NVIDIA. Version 1.15.0 introduces several handy changes. To begin with, the title screen shows whether the currently installed driver is a Studio driver (optimized for creators). A crash during the background update check for new NVIDIA drivers has been fixed.

We've added two more installer tweaks with this release. The first one lets you disable Multiplane Overlay (MPO)—doing so is known to fix certain rare system stuttering issues. Another tweak lets you disable the NVENC concurrent session encoding limits, so you can encode more than two streams in parallel. This tweak uses keylase's patch scripts from GitHub. The "build package" option has been improved to ensure it runs well on systems with more than 20 CPU cores, and better error reporting has been added. Grab TechPowerUp NVCleanstall v1.15.0 from the link below.

DOWNLOAD: TechPowerUp NVCleanstall 1.15.0

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (PR) Noctua Presents NH-L9a-AM5 Low-profile CPU Coolers for AMD Ryzen

Noctua today presented the latest addition to its successful NH-L9 series of low-profile CPU coolers: At a height of only 37 mm, the new NH-L9a-AM5 and NH-L9a-AM5 chromax.black are an excellent choice for quiet, ultra-compact HTPCs or Small Form Factor (SFF) systems using AMD's latest, AM5-based Ryzen processors.

"AMD's just-released 65 W Ryzen CPUs are ideal for building small yet highly powerful systems, and our new NH-L9a-AM5 is the perfect cooler to match", explains Roland Mossig (CEO). "It can easily cool the new 7900, 7700 and 7600 at ultra-quiet fan speeds and offers plenty of headroom if customers want to push them beyond 65 W - we've actually been running up to 130 W on the Ryzen 7950X and 7900X!" Since the original NH-L9a coolers for AM3 and AM4 have received more than 100 awards and recommendations from international hardware websites and magazines, the new AM5 revision builds on the same proven heatsink design to provide excellent low-profile cooling performance for AMD's latest Ryzen processors.

More...

(PR) be quiet! Launches the Pure Power 12 M ATX 3.0 Power Supplies
    be quiet!, market leader for PC power supplies in Germany since 2007, is proud to announce Pure Power 12 M, its second power supply series to receive full ATX 3.0 compatibility. Pure Power 12 M comes in five models with 550, 650, 750, 850 and 1000 watts. All models are certified 80 PLUS Gold, featuring high-class technology such as LLC topology and up to five PCIe connectors for both PCIe 5.0 GPUs and GPUs with PCIe 6+2 connectors. Additionally, Pure Power 12 M features fully modular cables for ease of installation. This makes Pure Power 12 M a future-proof choice for all who strive for a PSU with high performance and yet very low noise for their current- or next-gen graphics card. Also new to the product portfolio are DC2 and DC2 Pro thermal grease solutions. DC2 thermal grease is the choice for any cooling application that requires top heat transfer, while DC2 Pro is a liquid metal thermal paste that provides an extreme level of cooling performance for demanding systems.

Pure Power 12 M includes full support for the ATX 3.0 standard, which observes the power specifications defined by PCI Express 5.0. Compared to ATX 2.X, which supports high load peaks but does not define a maximum above the nominal power of the power supply, ATX 3.0 defines clear target values - specifically, the PCIe connection for the graphics card must allow load changes of up to three times the power consumption. Pure Power 12 M is designed to handle these extreme transient loads with ease. ATX 3.0 power supplies with 450 watts or more also require a new 12VHPWR connector, which is able to deliver significantly more power. Additionally, all Pure Power 12 M models also offer up to four "traditional" PCIe 6+2 connectors for full graphics card compatibility. This makes the PSU extremely versatile and a perfect, future-proof choice for upcoming next-gen devices and current high-end systems alike.

More...

NVIDIA GeForce 528.24 Game Ready Drivers Released
    NVIDIA today released the latest version of its GeForce Game Ready drivers. Version 528.24 WHQL introduces optimization for DLSS 3 support on "Hitman 3," "Marvel's Midnight Suns," and "Deliver us Mars." The drivers add day-zero optimization for "Dead Space" (2023 remake) and "Forspoken." Among the issues fixed with this release include stability improvements with Adobe Photoshop Pro, Photoshop, and Lightroom; Photoshop 24.1 instability with GeForce 528.02 when using GeForce Experience; ProRes RAW files appearing completely black in previews in Adobe Premiere Pro; transparent windows appearing opaque in Autodesk Alias; and OctaneBench 2020 failing intermittently due to renderer failure. Grab the drivers from the link below.

DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA GeForce 528.24 WHQL

More...

Blizzard is Closing its Servers in China Today. China Market Future Uncertain
    Blizzard is about to shut down its services in China today, as it was unable to reach a favorable partnership renewal with NetEase, the Chinese company handling Blizzard's business in the Chinese market, including local regulatory compliance, geographic localization of servers, and accepting payments. NetEase CEO William Ding said the partnership renewal negotiations fell apart due to "material differences on key terms." This means gamers in China no longer have a means to play the genre-defining MMORPG "World of Warcraft," "Starcraft," and other popular titles. A lot has changed in China's domestic gaming industry over the past two decades, and there are dozens of popular game studios with their titles in the MMORPG genre.

More...

Samsung 990 PRO Flagship SSD Has an Endurance Problem, Users Notice Rapid Drive-Health Drops
    Samsung 990 PRO is the company's flagship client SSD, which is among the fastest Gen 4 NVMe SSDs you can buy. It also commands a very high price premium, with the 1 TB variant priced at $170, and the 2 TB variant at $290. When you're buying in this segment, you expect the highest endurance figures for your SSD. Client SSD endurance figures are already on the rise, as NAND flash technology evolves. Neowin noticed that their 990 PRO isn't meeting this vital expectation, and with a little digging, found that there are others with this problem, and they didn't just get a bad drive.

Apparently, the "drive health" reading in Samsung Magician—the utility software for Samsung SSDs—drops rather rapidly for the 990 PRO. After a clean software installation on a new drive, Neowin observed that their drive's health reading was already at 99% (something very unexpected for a new drive); and what's worse was that even with regular use of the drive in the following days, the drive health would drop by 1 percentage point every day. Drive health is interchangeable with endurance, as it indicates the number of program-erase (PE) cycles left on the NAND flash memory before regions of the drive's user-area become unwritable.

More...

ZikeTech Launches the ZikeDrive USB4 Portable SSD
    ZikeTech is a crowd-funded peripherals startup, which claims to have the "world's first and fastest USB4 SSD." The ZikeDrive is a portable SSD that features an extruded aluminium chassis that doubles up as a heatsink for the M.2 NVMe SSD underneath. The drive features a M.2-2280 slot with PCI-Express 4.0 x4 connection, and a bridge chip that converts this to a 40 Gbps USB4, giving it slightly more bandwidth than PCI-Express 3.0 x4 (32 Gbps). This allows a PCIe Gen 4 NVMe SSD to have sequential transfer speeds of up to 3.8 GB/s. The ZikeDrive starts at $99 for the bare enclosure, or with pre-installed 1 TB, 2 TB, or 4 TB drives that offer sequential speeds of up to 3763 MB/s reads, with up to 3146 MB/s writes; however, it is currently an Indiegogo project. Find more details on how to get one here.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Arc A380 MXM Card Surfaces with 50-75 W Power Limits

A Chinese OEM put a desktop Intel Arc "Alchemist" A380 GPU on an MXM board for notebooks and mobile workstations with upgradable graphics. This isn't the mobile A380M, but rather the desktop A380 that has been designed into an MXM 3.1 type-A board that's capable of PCIe Gen 4 x8. The 6 nm ACM-G11 ASIC is flanked by three GDDR6 memory chips that make the board's 6 GB of memory across its 96-bit memory bus. What's interesting about this board is its tight power limits, which are set at 50 W, that can draw up to 75 W. The card puts out three HDMI and one DP outputs. Its cooling solution mount-hole spacing appears to match that of the popular GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GoDeal24 Software Big Sale Continues: Epic Deals on the Software You N

GoDeal24 Software Big Sale continues into its second month. Get the software you need to power your next-generation gaming desktop with, at jaw-dropping prices. Get Genuine Windows 10 Pro at just $7.25. The latest and greatest Windows 11 Pro can be had at just $10.25. Pair these with the powerful Office 2021 Professional Plus at just $24.25, or as low as $13.05 when bought in a multi-user pack. Better yet, combine your preferred editions of Windows and Office to save even more. We are introducing handy productivity software from Ashampoo, which should give your domestic productivity a nifty boost, so do check them out.

Buy Windows 10 Pro at $7.25 | Buy Windows 10 Home at $7.15 | Buy Windows 11 Pro at $10.25 | Buy Windows 11 Home at $9.98 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus at $24.25 | Buy Office 2019 Professional Plus at $22.25 | Buy Ashampoo PDF Pro 3 at $18.99 | Buy Ashampoo Office 8 at $19.99 | Buy Ashampoo Zip Pro 4 at $18.85 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 2-PC at $39.25 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 3-PC at $56.25 | Buy Office 2021 Professional Plus 5-PC at $65.25 | Buy Windows 10 Pro 2-PC at $12.25 | Buy Windows 10 Pro 3-PC at $21.57 | Buy Windows 10 Pro 5-PC at $33.99 | Buy Windows 10 Home 2-PC at $12.01 | Buy Windows 11 Pro 2-PC at $20.25 | Buy Windows 11 Home 2-PC at $19.25

Please use the coupon code SGO62 on the following items to avail the prices seen here.

Buy Windows 11 Pro + Office 2021 Professional Plus at $32.99 | Buy Windows 11 Pro + Office 2019 Professional Plus at $30.99 | Buy Windows 10 Pro + Office 2021 Professional Plus at $29.70 | Buy Windows 10 Pro + Office 2019 Professional Plus at $27.66 | Buy Office 2021 Home and Business for Mac at $59.96 | Buy Office 2019 Home and Business for Mac at $54.96 | Buy Office 2016 Home and Business for Mac at $52.96

Check out other great deals on system utilities.
    More...

(PR) Intel Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2022 Financial Results, Largest Loss in Years
    Intel Corporation today reported fourth-quarter and full-year 2022 financial results. The company also announced that its board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.365 per share on the company's common stock, which will be payable on March 1, 2023, to shareholders of record as of February 7, 2023.

"Despite the economic and market headwinds, we continued to make good progress on our strategic transformation in Q4, including advancing our product roadmap and improving our operational structure and processes to drive efficiencies while delivering at the low-end of our guided range," said Pat Gelsinger, Intel CEO. "In 2023, we will continue to navigate the short-term challenges while striving to meet our long-term commitments, including delivering leadership products anchored on open and secure platforms, powered by at-scale manufacturing and supercharged by our incredible team."

More...

(PR) IK Multimedia Launches the iRig Stream Mic Pro
    IK Multimedia releases iRig Stream Mic Pro, combining a professional multi-pattern condenser microphone and 24-bit, 96 kHz audio interface for iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac and PC into a single ultra-portable solution for music and content creation. iRig Stream Mic Pro makes it easier than ever for users to share their voice and music.

Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone

With dual mic capsules, iRig Stream Mic Pro offers selectable cardioid, figure 8, omnidirectional or stereo pickup patterns. These patterns range from noise-rejecting to immersive audio, so whether it's recording a podcast, interview, instrument or ensemble, the sound signal is crisp, clear and detailed with easily adjustable gain and selectable high-pass filter.

More...

(PR) Sony Electronics Unveils Two New Walkman with Enhanced Sound Quality and Longer Battery Life Including the NW-ZX707 Premium Walkman
    Sony Electronics Inc. today announced two new music players, the NW-ZX707 as part of the ZX Series, and the NW-A306 as part of the A Series, to the Walkman family. Both players are designed for listeners to enjoy music the way the artist intended with high-quality sound with a sleek design. Built with updated components of high-end models, the NW-ZX707 offers astonishing sound quality. With enhanced battery life, balanced connection, a larger 5.0" (diag.) display, Wi-Fi compatibility for easy downloading and streaming functions, it is also portable and stylish for the most demanding music lover.

Inheriting the philosophy of the Signature Walkman, the NW-ZX707 has upgraded fine-tuned capacitors and a FTCAP3 (high-polymer capacitor) and a large solid high polymer capacitor which offers large capacitance and low resistance. While an OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) milled block covering the digital block, allows the NW-ZX707 to bring listeners sound that appears to rise-up from silence. Additionally, a large 8 mm coil for balanced output creates an improved sound resolution across all frequencies. All four kinds of components stated here are also used in the latest Signature Walkman model.

More...

(PR) Meet the Odyssey Neo G7 43" — The First Mini-LED Flat Gaming Monitor From Samsung Electronics
    Samsung Electronics today announced the global launch of Odyssey Neo G7 (Model name: G70NC), the company's first flat Mini-LED model, adding a new form factor to the industry-leading Odyssey lineup. The new monitor delivers a large screen designed to give gamers a more comprehensive range of vision and details—inviting them to the worlds of their games with lifelike picture quality.

"The gaming monitor market is only going to get bigger, and gamers are now seeking more out of their monitors," said Hoon Chung, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. "We are not just delivering better gaming experience—we are rebuilding new smart capabilities into our screens that give gamers an all-in-one place for technology and entertainment. Our innovations are enabling gamers everywhere to stay absorbed in their games with visual performance that enhances the intense emotional experiences."

More...

(PR) Alphacool Launches Eisblock Aurora Coolers for GeForce RTX 4090/4080 AIB Cards
    Now even more compatibility for Geforce RTX 40XX GPUs! Alphacool expands the range for active water cooling of Nvidia's Geforce RTX 4080 and 4090 graphics cards with the new and innovative Eisblock Aurora coolers.

Compared to the previous model of the cooler, several optimizations have been made, which perfectly dissipate the enormous waste heat of the new graphics card generation. The modified fin structure enables a very good water flow and increases the cooling surface at the same time. The modification of the jet plate with revised inflow engine furthermore perfects the distribution of the water on the cooling fins. The chrome plating of the copper base over the entire surface not only provides resistant protection against acids, scratches and damage, but also achieves a beautiful homogeneity and special shine.

More...

Intel Xeon W9-3495X Unlocked Processor Surfaces on Geekbench, Could be Threadripper 7000WX Rival
    Intel is preparing to launch HEDT/workstation processors based on its "Sapphire Rapids-WS" MCM, and one of the first of these parts, the Xeon W9-3495X, surfaced on the Geekbench online database. The W9-3495X is a 56-core/112-thread processor with 56 "Golden Cove" P-cores, each with 2 MB of L2 cache, and sharing 105 MB of L3 cache in a mesh-topology layout. The processor likely features an 4-channel (8 sub-channel) DDR5 memory interface, with ECC; and supports up to 4 TB of memory. The PCI-Express Gen 5 lane counts remain unknown. Intel is expected to launch these processors along with companion W790 chipset motherboards, on February 15, 2023. This processor, running on a Supermicro-designed motherboard, and 128 GB of DDR5 memory, scored 1284 points in Geekbench 5, along with 36990 points multi-threaded.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (PR) NexDock Transforms Your Phone Into a Laptop Now Wireless

Today, Nex Computer is excited to announce the launch of NexDock Wireless, the latest version of its innovative device that turns smartphones into a laptop. With NexDock Wireless, users can now connect their smartphones to the device wirelessly using Bluetooth and Miracast technology. This means that they can enjoy all the benefits of NexDock, including a larger screen, physical keyboard, and trackpad, without the need for a cable.

"We're thrilled to bring NexDock Wireless to market," said Emre Kosmaz, CEO and founder of Nex Computer. "This latest version takes the convenience and versatility of NexDock to the next level, and we can't wait for users to experience it for themselves."

More...

Corsair Accidentally Reveals MP700 PCIe 5.0 SSD, Running at 10 GB/s
    Corsair has teased its fastest PCIe 5.0 SSD yet in an M.2 form factor. The company published some initial details about its upcoming product in a short video. However, the video has been taken private, indicating that the launch date may be at a later stage of the year. Thanks to Overclock3D, we saw its looks and got a slight peek at the product. Called the MP700, the SSD is supposedly boasting a fantastic 10 GB/s read capability. The write section is also impressive, with the NVMe SSD capable of reaching around 9 GB/s of what we suppose is a sustained write speed. It uses 3D TLC NAND Flash and supports Microsoft DirectStorage technology for faster load time. Below is a quote from Corsair about the MP700.
    CorsairExperience the performance of PCIe Gen5 storage in your system, with up to 10,000MB/sec sequential read and 9,500MB/sec sequential write speeds for amazingly fast save, boot, and load times.

The high-bandwidth NVMe 2.0 interface and high-density 3D TLC NAND flash memory offer outstanding performance and longevity. Slot the MP700 directly into your motherboard thanks to its M.2 2280 form-factor, while a stylish aluminum heatsink helps manage temperatures and reduce throttling. Microsoft DirectStorage enables unprecedented load times when playing compatible games.

More...

Intel Ends Network Switch Business and RISC-V Pathfinder Program Amidst Economic Slowdown
    Yesterday, Intel reported that the company experienced one of the most challenging quarters and year overall revenue results, which led the company's share price to plummet and erase almost 10 billion dollars from its symbol. Amid the economic downtrend, the company is preparing to axe unnecessary developments and research costs that it would get in low-margin markets. Today, this has been reflected in the company's network switch business and the RISC-V pathfinder program. In 2019, the company acquired Barefoot Networks, which ended up in a line of Tofino series of standalone network switches. Apparently, this has been a low-margin or unprofitable business for Intel. "NEX continues to do well and is a core part of our strategic transformation, but we will end future investments in our network switching product line, while still fully supporting existing products and customers," noted Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger, adding, "Since my return, we have exited seven businesses, providing in excess of $1.5 billion in savings". Intel NICs are not affected, and the company's investments in other networking businesses continue.

Additionally, the company is also doing a shutdown of its RISC-V Pathfinder program. Thanks to Yusuke Ohara, who questioned Intel's Pathfinder for RISC-V program support, we have information that the company is discontinuing the program "effective immediately." The support also advises that Intel will not provide additional advancements or bug fixes, so everyone should consult 3rd parties for any software and development.

More...

Akasa Intros 41.3 mm-tall Low-profile Socket AM5 and AM4 CPU Cooler
    Akasa today introduced the AK-CC1110EP01, a low-profile CPU cooler capable of handling thermal loads of up to 65 W, and supporting AMD sockets AM5 and AM4. The cooler features a classic top-flow design, with an extruded aluminium monoblock heatsink, and a low-profile 80 mm fan. The heatsink is made entirely of copper, and comes with a pre-applied TIM. The factory-fitted 80 mm fan is just 10.8 mm thick, takes in 4-pin PWM connection, turns at speeds ranging between 600 to 3,000 RPM, pushing up to 26.53 CFM of airflow, at 1.81 mm H₂O static-pressure, and up to 27.09 dBA noise output. Measuring 80 mm x 80 mm x 41.3 mm, the cooler weighs 222 g. The company didn't reveal pricing.

More...

Forspoken Simply Doesn't Work with AMD Radeon RX 400 and RX 500 "Polaris" GPUs
    AMD Radeon RX 400 series and RX 500 series graphics cards based on the "Polaris" graphics architecture are simply unable to run "Forspoken," as users on Reddit report. The game has certain DirectX 12 feature-level 12_1 API requirements that the architecture does not meet. Interestingly, NVIDIA's "Maxwell" graphics architecture, which predates AMD "Polaris" by almost a year, supports FL 12_1, and is able to play the game. Popular GPUs from the "Maxwell" generation include the GeForce GTX 970 and GTX 960. Making matters much worse, AMD is yet to release an update to its Adrenalin graphics drivers for the RX Vega, RX 5000, and RX 6000 series that come with "Forspoken" optimization. Its latest 23.1.2 beta drivers that come with these optimizations only support the RX 7000 series RDNA3 graphics cards. It's now been over 50 days since the vast majority of AMD discrete GPUs have received a driver update.

More...

(PR) AOC Launches Powerful Business Monitor Lineup P3 with USB-C Docking, Daisy-chaining or Built-in Webcams
    Display specialist AOC announces the professional P3 line-up with seven new monitors in three different sizes (24"/60.4 cm 24P3CW, 24P3CV and 24P3QW, 27"/68.6 cm Q27P3CW, Q27P3CV and Q27P3QW, and 34"/86.4 cm ultrawide CU34P3CV). 3-sides frameless, punchy and vivid IPS or VA panels offer 178°/178° wide viewing angles for increased viewing comfort when working online, on texts, spreadsheets, coding, graphic work and more. While their ergonomic stands enable a comfy working environment, 4-port USB 3.2 hubs on all models give further versatility in any business setting.

What makes these monitors stand out, however, are in varying combinations their built-in 2 MP or 5 MP webcams with Windows Hello support to let users instantly log in to their sessions, a DisplayPort output to create clean and sleek multi-monitor setups, and built-in USB-C docking stations to transform a laptop-based working environment to a productive desktop-based one with only a single cable. All new P3 models come in sustainable paper cushion packaging, and they are certified with the latest environmental regulations such as EPA, EnergyStar 8, TCO 9.0 and EPEAT.

More...

Intel Foundry Services Onboards a Fabless Customer, Deal Expected to Fetch over $4 Billion
    Intel Foundry Services, the semiconductor foundry business of Intel, has onboarded an undisclosed fabless customer, the company disclosed in its Q4-2022 Financial Results presentation. This signals that the company wants to serve the semiconductor manufacturing industry beyond its own products, and scale up to demands, just like TSMC, UMC, Samsung Foundry, or other such semiconductor foundries do. The customer is looking to build chips on the Intel 3 foundry-node, which is rumored to offer performance/Watt and transistor-density figures comparable to TSMC 4N (4 nm EUV). Intel will extensively use Tower Semiconductor's silicon fabrication IP in the deal. Throughout its manufacturing lifecycle (from risk production to mass-production and completion), the deal is expected by Intel to generate over $4 billion in revenue for the company.
    Image Courtesy: VideoCardz
    More...

(PR) Give Your Nintendo Switch New Life with nOS New Operating System
    A new operating system for Nintendo Switch? Yes, please! Download nOS new Operating System today and join the revolution! Explore the various options nOS has to offer, including some not yet seen on this console, from writing texts to your day planning. Have fun, customize the platform, and make it your very own.

nOS new Operating System will allow you to transform your favorite console into an amazing, and surprisingly small personal computer. Enjoy every awesome feature of the nOS. Draw, write, calculate, organize your day, and play around at your convenience. Brighten up your day and customize the nOS to suit your every need. Find your favorite setup and create the fantastic user experience you deserve.

More...

Intel's GPU Business AXG Split and Distributed to Client and Enterprise Businesses, Plans "Alchemist+" and "Battlemage" Launches Over Next 2 Years
    Intel in its Q4-2022 Financial Results presentation confirmed that it has split Accelerated Computing Group (AXG), the business that designs both client GPUs and scalar compute processors, and distributed its IP among the CCG (client computing group), and DCAI (data-center and artificial-intelligence group). CCG is Intel's largest breadwinner, and the group behind its Intel Core client processors. This business was receiving iGPU IP from AXG, and will now oversee all its client graphics portfolio. The DCAI group will handle the company's Data Center GPU lineup, with products such as "Ponte Vecchio."

Over 2023, Intel is expected to update its Arc Graphics series with the refreshed "Alchemist+" graphics architecture. Very little is known about "Alchemist+," except that it is rumored to introduced a more advanced third-party foundry node than its current TSMC 6 nm node; and while retaining the same IP as the current "Alchemist" GPUs, scale upward—either in terms of Xe core counts; or performance, by increasing clock-speeds. 2024 will see Intel introduce "Battlemage," its second client graphics architecture for discrete GPUs. "Battlemage" is expected to introduce new architectural changes, utilize an even newer foundry node, and significantly increase performance. Raja Koduri hinted in late 2022 that he still wants to build GPUs in the 200-300 W power-range, without implying that this constitutes "mid-range," so we'll have to wait and see how "Battlemage" improves performance/Watt over "Alchemist+."
    More...

LG's Gram Style Notebooks to Feature Samsung OLED Display
    At CES, LG announced its new Gram Style notebooks with OLED displays and news out of Korea now suggests that the 14 and 16-inch notebooks will sport OLED displays from LG's main competitor, Samsung. This might not be entirely surprising, as there's a limited number of laptop sized OLED panel manufacturers and it seems like LG would rather go with a local, Korean option, rather than using a Japanese or Chinese panel in its upcoming notebooks.

The report by the Elec suggests that the LG Gram Style notebooks will use Samsung's rigid OLED panels based on a standard glass substrate. This is also the type of panel that most other notebook manufacturers are using today, as it's the most cost effective type of OLED panels, regardless of manufacturer. LG Display doesn't currently manufacture this type of OLED panels, even though it apparently could do so, using its flexible OLED production lines, albeit at a higher cost. The irony in the situation is still hard to miss though, as the two companies are fierce competitors in many of their core businesses.

More...

Intel Xeon "Sapphire Rapids" to be Quickly Joined by "Emerald Rapids," "Granite Rapids," and "Sierra Forest" in the Next Two Years
    Intel's server processor lineup led by the 4th Gen Xeon Scalable "Sapphire Rapids" processors face stiff competition from AMD 4th Gen EPYC "Genoa" processors that offer significantly higher multi-threaded performance per Watt on account of a higher CPU core-count. The gap is only set to widen, as AMD prepares to launch the "Bergamo" processor for cloud data-centers, with core-counts of up to 128-core/256-thread per socket. A technologically-embattled Intel is preparing quick counters as many as three new server microarchitecture launches over the next 23 months, according to Intel, in its Q4-2022 Financial Results presentation.

The 4th Gen Xeon Scalable "Sapphire Rapids," with a core-count of up to 60-core/120-thread, and various application-specific accelerators, witnessed a quiet launch earlier this month, and is shipping to Intel customers. The company says that it will be joined by the Xeon Scalable "Emerald Rapids" architecture in the second half of 2023; followed by "Granite Rapids" and "Sierra Forest" in 2024. Built on the same LGA4677 package as "Sapphire Rapids," the new "Emerald Rapids" MCM packs up to 64 "Raptor Cove" CPU cores, which support higher clock-speeds, higher memory speeds, and introduce the new Intel Trust Domain Extensions (TDX) instruction-set. The processor retains the 8-channel DDR5 memory interface, but with higher native memory speeds. The chip's main serial interface is a PCI-Express Gen 5 root-complex with 80 lanes. The processor will be built on the last foundry-level refinement of the Intel 7 node (10 nm Enhanced SuperFin); many of these refinements were introduced with the company's 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake" client processors.

More...

Intel Core "Meteor Lake" On Course for 2H-2023 Launch
    Intel in its Q4-2022 Financial release call reiterated that its Core "Meteor Lake" processor remains on course for a 2H-2023 launch. The company slide does not mention the client form-factor the architecture targets, and there are still rumors of a "Raptor Lake Refresh" desktop processor lineup for 2H, which would mean that "Meteor Lake" will debut as a high-performance mobile processor architecture attempting to dominate the 7 W, 15 W, 28 W, and 35 W device market-segments, with its 6P+16E CPU that introduce IPC increases on both the P-cores and E-cores; and a powerful new iGPU. The slide also mentions that its succeeding "Lunar Lake" architecture is on course for 2024.

"Meteor Lake" is Intel's first chiplet-based MCM processor, in which the key components of the processor are built on various silicon fabrication nodes, based on their need for such a cutting-edge node; such that the cost-optimization upholds the economic aspect of Moore's Law. The compute tile, the die that has the CPU cores, features a 6P+16E setup, with six "Redwood Cove" P-cores, and sixteen "Crestmont" E-cores. At this point it's not known if "Crestmont" cores are arranged in clusters of 4 cores, each. The graphics tile features a powerful iGPU based on the newer Xe-LPG graphics architecture that meets full DirectX 12 Ultimate feature-set. The processor's I/O is expected to support even faster DDR5/LPDDR5 memory speeds, and feature PCIe Gen 5.

More...

Japan and the Netherlands Said to Join US in Blocking Access to Chip Making Tools for China
    According to Bloomberg, Japan and the Netherlands are getting ready to join the US in limiting access to advanced semiconductor manufacturing equipment for China. The three nations are currently in talks—that might end as soon as today—over how they can impose joint limits on what kind of equipment and tools can be exported to China. Apparently there will be no official announcement if a deal is struck, instead the restrictions will simply be implemented as required.

Bloomberg states that the Netherlands will expand export restrictions that ASML is already under, which according to the publication means stricter export rules around DEUV machines, which are used in cutting edge semiconductor nodes. Japan is said to implement similar export restrictions for Nikon as well as Tokyo Electron, with the US already having implemented restrictions for Applied Materials. The export restriction deal is in part being done to appease US equipment makers, who have complained that their international competitors haven't been under the same export restrictions when it comes to China, as they have. The question is if the export restrictions will hinder China in the long run, or if the nation will simply push ahead and develop its own, competing semiconductor manufacturing tools.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This Week in Gaming (Week 5)

We're entering the second month of the year this coming week and the games being released next week are a mix of turn-based strategy RPG, Sci-Fi and something a bit more child friendly. There are multiple AA, but no AAA titles being released this week and of course, don't forget to vote in the poll.

The King's Dilemma: Chronicles / Monday 30 January

Lead the King's Council for generations as the consequences of your decisions decide the kingdom's resources and political standing. Form alliances, solve dilemmas, and prepare for the final uprising that was foretold by an ancient prophecy.

More...

NVIDIA RTX 4090 Ti / RTX TITAN (Ada) Pictured, Behold the 4-slot Cinder Block
    Here's the very first picture of an alleged upcoming NVIDIA flagship/halo product to be positioned above the GeForce RTX 4090. There are two distinct brand names being rumored for this product—the GeForce RTX 4090 Ti, and the NVIDIA RTX TITAN (Ada). The RTX 4090 only uses 128 out of 144 (88 percent) of the streaming multiprocessors (SM) on the 4 nm "AD102" silicon, leaving NVIDIA with plenty of room to design a halo product that maxes it out. Besides maxing out the silicon, NVIDIA has the opportunity to increase the typical graphics power closer to the 600 W continuous power-delivery limit of the 16-pin ATX 12VHPWR connector; and use faster 24 Gbps-rated GDDR6X memory chips (the RTX 4090 uses 21 Gbps memory).

The card is 4 slots thick, with the rear I/O bracket covering all 4 slots. The card's display outputs are arranged along the thickness of the card, rather than along the base. The cooler is a monstrous scale-up of the Dual-Axial Flow Through cooler of the RTX 4090 Founders Edition. The card is designed such that the PCB doesn't come up perpendicular to the plane of the motherboard like any other add-on card, but rather, the PCB is parallel to the plane of the motherboard. The PCB is arranged along the thickness of the card. This has probably been done to maximize the spatial volume occupied by the cooling solution, and probably even make room for a third fan. We also predict that the PCB is split in such a way that a smaller PCB has the display I/O, and yet another PCB handles the PCI-Express slot interface. Sufficed to say, the RTX 4090 Ti / RTX TITAN will be an engineering masterpiece by NVIDIA.

More...

Japan and the Netherlands Said to Join US in Blocking Access to Chip Making Tools for China
    According to Bloomberg, Japan and the Netherlands are getting ready to join the US in limiting access to advanced semiconductor manufacturing equipment for China. The three nations are currently in talks—that might end as soon as today—over how they can impose joint limits on what kind of equipment and tools can be exported to China. Apparently there will be no official announcement if a deal is struck, instead the restrictions will simply be implemented as required.

Bloomberg states that the Netherlands will expand export restrictions that ASML is already under, which according to the publication means stricter export rules around DEUV machines, which are used in cutting edge semiconductor nodes. Japan is said to implement similar export restrictions for Nikon as well as Tokyo Electron, with the US already having implemented restrictions for Applied Materials. The export restriction deal is in part being done to appease US equipment makers, who have complained that their international competitors haven't been under the same export restrictions when it comes to China, as they have. The question is if the export restrictions will hinder China in the long run, or if the nation will simply push ahead and develop its own, competing semiconductor manufacturing tools.

Update Jan 28th: Japan and the Netherlands reached an agreement with the US on Friday and the two countries are said to be making individual announcements with regards to their individual agreements with the US.

More...

Corsair Accidentally Reveals MP700 PCIe 5.0 SSD, Running at 10 GB/s
    Corsair has teased its fastest PCIe 5.0 SSD yet in an M.2 form factor. The company published some initial details about its upcoming product in a short video. However, the video has been taken private, indicating that the launch date may be at a later stage of the year. Thanks to Overclock3D, we saw its looks and got a slight peek at the product. Called the MP700, the SSD is supposedly boasting a fantastic 10 GB/s read capability. The write section is also impressive, with the NVMe SSD capable of reaching around 9 GB/s of what we suppose is a sustained write speed. It uses 3D TLC NAND Flash and supports Microsoft DirectStorage technology for faster load time. Below is a quote from Corsair about the MP700.
    CorsairExperience the performance of PCIe Gen5 storage in your system, with up to 10,000MB/sec sequential read and 9,500MB/sec sequential write speeds for amazingly fast save, boot, and load times.

The high-bandwidth NVMe 2.0 interface and high-density 3D TLC NAND flash memory offer outstanding performance and longevity. Slot the MP700 directly into your motherboard thanks to its M.2 2280 form-factor, while a stylish aluminum heatsink helps manage temperatures and reduce throttling. Microsoft DirectStorage enables unprecedented load times when playing compatible games.

More...

Intel Ends Network Switch Business and RISC-V Pathfinder Program Amidst Economic Slowdown
    Yesterday, Intel reported that the company experienced one of the most challenging quarters and year overall revenue results, which led the company's share price to plummet and erase almost 10 billion dollars from its market cap. Amid the economic downtrend, the company is preparing to axe unnecessary developments and research costs that it would get in low-margin markets. Today, this has been reflected in the company's network switch business and the RISC-V pathfinder program. In 2019, the company acquired Barefoot Networks, which ended up in a line of Tofino series of standalone network switches. Apparently, this has been a low-margin or unprofitable business for Intel. "NEX continues to do well and is a core part of our strategic transformation, but we will end future investments in our network switching product line, while still fully supporting existing products and customers," noted Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger, adding, "Since my return, we have exited seven businesses, providing in excess of $1.5 billion in savings". Intel NICs are not affected, and the company's investments in other networking businesses continue.

Additionally, the company is also doing a shutdown of its RISC-V Pathfinder program. Thanks to Yusuke Ohara, who questioned Intel's Pathfinder for RISC-V program support, we have information that the company is discontinuing the program "effective immediately." The support also advises that Intel will not provide additional advancements or bug fixes, so everyone should consult 3rd parties for any software and development.

More...

Akasa Intros 41.3 mm-tall Low-profile Socket AM5 and AM4 CPU Cooler
    Akasa today introduced the AK-CC1110EP01, a low-profile CPU cooler capable of handling thermal loads of up to 65 W, and supporting AMD sockets AM5 and AM4. The cooler features a classic top-flow design, with an extruded aluminium monoblock heatsink, and a low-profile 80 mm fan. The heatsink is made entirely of copper, and comes with a pre-applied TIM. The factory-fitted 80 mm fan is just 10.8 mm thick, takes in 4-pin PWM connection, turns at speeds ranging between 600 to 3,000 RPM, pushing up to 26.53 CFM of airflow, at 1.81 mm H₂O static-pressure, and up to 27.09 dBA noise output. Measuring 80 mm x 80 mm x 41.3 mm, the cooler weighs 222 g. The company didn't reveal pricing.

More...

Forspoken Simply Doesn't Work with AMD Radeon RX 400 and RX 500 "Polaris" GPUs
    AMD Radeon RX 400 series and RX 500 series graphics cards based on the "Polaris" graphics architecture are simply unable to run "Forspoken," as users on Reddit report. The game has certain DirectX 12 feature-level 12_1 API requirements that the architecture does not meet. Interestingly, NVIDIA's "Maxwell" graphics architecture, which predates AMD "Polaris" by almost a year, supports FL 12_1, and is able to play the game. Popular GPUs from the "Maxwell" generation include the GeForce GTX 970 and GTX 960. Making matters much worse, AMD is yet to release an update to its Adrenalin graphics drivers for the RX Vega, RX 5000, and RX 6000 series that come with "Forspoken" optimization. Its latest 23.1.2 beta drivers that come with these optimizations only support the RX 7000 series RDNA3 graphics cards. It's now been over 50 days since the vast majority of AMD discrete GPUs have received a driver update.

More...

(PR) AOC Launches Powerful Business Monitor Lineup P3 with USB-C Docking, Daisy-chaining or Built-in Webcams
    Display specialist AOC announces the professional P3 line-up with seven new monitors in three different sizes (24"/60.4 cm 24P3CW, 24P3CV and 24P3QW, 27"/68.6 cm Q27P3CW, Q27P3CV and Q27P3QW, and 34"/86.4 cm ultrawide CU34P3CV). 3-sides frameless, punchy and vivid IPS or VA panels offer 178°/178° wide viewing angles for increased viewing comfort when working online, on texts, spreadsheets, coding, graphic work and more. While their ergonomic stands enable a comfy working environment, 4-port USB 3.2 hubs on all models give further versatility in any business setting.

What makes these monitors stand out, however, are in varying combinations their built-in 2 MP or 5 MP webcams with Windows Hello support to let users instantly log in to their sessions, a DisplayPort output to create clean and sleek multi-monitor setups, and built-in USB-C docking stations to transform a laptop-based working environment to a productive desktop-based one with only a single cable. All new P3 models come in sustainable paper cushion packaging, and they are certified with the latest environmental regulations such as EPA, EnergyStar 8, TCO 9.0 and EPEAT.

More...

Intel Foundry Services Onboards a Fabless Customer, Deal Expected to Fetch over $4 Billion
    Intel Foundry Services, the semiconductor foundry business of Intel, has onboarded an undisclosed fabless customer, the company disclosed in its Q4-2022 Financial Results presentation. This signals that the company wants to serve the semiconductor manufacturing industry beyond its own products, and scale up to demands, just like TSMC, UMC, Samsung Foundry, or other such semiconductor foundries do. The customer is looking to build chips on the Intel 3 foundry-node, which is rumored to offer performance/Watt and transistor-density figures comparable to TSMC 4N (4 nm EUV). Intel will extensively use Tower Semiconductor's silicon fabrication IP in the deal. Throughout its manufacturing lifecycle (from risk production to mass-production and completion), the deal is expected by Intel to generate over $4 billion in revenue for the company.
    More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (PR) Give Your Nintendo Switch New Life with nOS New Operating System

A new operating system for Nintendo Switch? Yes, please! Download nOS new Operating System today and join the revolution! Explore the various options nOS has to offer, including some not yet seen on this console, from writing texts to your day planning. Have fun, customize the platform, and make it your very own.

nOS new Operating System will allow you to transform your favorite console into an amazing, and surprisingly small personal computer. Enjoy every awesome feature of the nOS. Draw, write, calculate, organize your day, and play around at your convenience. Brighten up your day and customize the nOS to suit your every need. Find your favorite setup and create the fantastic user experience you deserve.

More...

Intel's GPU Business AXG Split and Distributed to Client and Enterprise Businesses, Plans "Alchemist+" and "Battlemage" Launches Over Next 2 Years
    Intel in its Q4-2022 Financial Results presentation confirmed that it has split Accelerated Computing Group (AXG), the business that designs both client GPUs and scalar compute processors, and distributed its IP among the CCG (client computing group), and DCAI (data-center and artificial-intelligence group). CCG is Intel's largest breadwinner, and the group behind its Intel Core client processors. This business was receiving iGPU IP from AXG, and will now oversee all its client graphics portfolio. The DCAI group will handle the company's Data Center GPU lineup, with products such as "Ponte Vecchio."

Over 2023, Intel is expected to update its Arc Graphics series with the refreshed "Alchemist+" graphics architecture. Very little is known about "Alchemist+," except that it is rumored to introduced a more advanced third-party foundry node than its current TSMC 6 nm node; and while retaining the same IP as the current "Alchemist" GPUs, scale upward—either in terms of Xe core counts; or performance, by increasing clock-speeds. 2024 will see Intel introduce "Battlemage," its second client graphics architecture for discrete GPUs. "Battlemage" is expected to introduce new architectural changes, utilize an even newer foundry node, and significantly increase performance. Raja Koduri hinted in late 2022 that he still wants to build GPUs in the 200-300 W power-range, without implying that this constitutes "mid-range," so we'll have to wait and see how "Battlemage" improves performance/Watt over "Alchemist+."
    More...

LG's Gram Style Notebooks to Feature Samsung OLED Display
    At CES, LG announced its new Gram Style notebooks with OLED displays and news out of Korea now suggests that the 14 and 16-inch notebooks will sport OLED displays from LG's main competitor, Samsung. This might not be entirely surprising, as there's a limited number of laptop sized OLED panel manufacturers and it seems like LG would rather go with a local, Korean option, rather than using a Japanese or Chinese panel in its upcoming notebooks.

The report by the Elec suggests that the LG Gram Style notebooks will use Samsung's rigid OLED panels based on a standard glass substrate. This is also the type of panel that most other notebook manufacturers are using today, as it's the most cost effective type of OLED panels, regardless of manufacturer. LG Display doesn't currently manufacture this type of OLED panels, even though it apparently could do so, using its flexible OLED production lines, albeit at a higher cost. The irony in the situation is still hard to miss though, as the two companies are fierce competitors in many of their core businesses.

More...

Intel Xeon "Sapphire Rapids" to be Quickly Joined by "Emerald Rapids," "Granite Rapids," and "Sierra Forest" in the Next Two Years
    Intel's server processor lineup led by the 4th Gen Xeon Scalable "Sapphire Rapids" processors face stiff competition from AMD 4th Gen EPYC "Genoa" processors that offer significantly higher multi-threaded performance per Watt on account of a higher CPU core-count. The gap is only set to widen, as AMD prepares to launch the "Bergamo" processor for cloud data-centers, with core-counts of up to 128-core/256-thread per socket. A technologically-embattled Intel is preparing quick counters as many as three new server microarchitecture launches over the next 23 months, according to Intel, in its Q4-2022 Financial Results presentation.

The 4th Gen Xeon Scalable "Sapphire Rapids," with a core-count of up to 60-core/120-thread, and various application-specific accelerators, witnessed a quiet launch earlier this month, and is shipping to Intel customers. The company says that it will be joined by the Xeon Scalable "Emerald Rapids" architecture in the second half of 2023; followed by "Granite Rapids" and "Sierra Forest" in 2024. Built on the same LGA4677 package as "Sapphire Rapids," the new "Emerald Rapids" MCM packs up to 64 "Raptor Cove" CPU cores, which support higher clock-speeds, higher memory speeds, and introduce the new Intel Trust Domain Extensions (TDX) instruction-set. The processor retains the 8-channel DDR5 memory interface, but with higher native memory speeds. The chip's main serial interface is a PCI-Express Gen 5 root-complex with 80 lanes. The processor will be built on the last foundry-level refinement of the Intel 7 node (10 nm Enhanced SuperFin); many of these refinements were introduced with the company's 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake" client processors.

More...

Intel Core "Meteor Lake" On Course for 2H-2023 Launch
    Intel in its Q4-2022 Financial release call reiterated that its Core "Meteor Lake" processor remains on course for a 2H-2023 launch. The company slide does not mention the client form-factor the architecture targets, and there are still rumors of a "Raptor Lake Refresh" desktop processor lineup for 2H, which would mean that "Meteor Lake" will debut as a high-performance mobile processor architecture attempting to dominate the 7 W, 15 W, 28 W, and 35 W device market-segments, with its 6P+16E CPU that introduce IPC increases on both the P-cores and E-cores; and a powerful new iGPU. The slide also mentions that its succeeding "Lunar Lake" architecture is on course for 2024.

"Meteor Lake" is Intel's first chiplet-based MCM processor, in which the key components of the processor are built on various silicon fabrication nodes, based on their need for such a cutting-edge node; such that the cost-optimization upholds the economic aspect of Moore's Law. The compute tile, the die that has the CPU cores, features a 6P+16E setup, with six "Redwood Cove" P-cores, and sixteen "Crestmont" E-cores. At this point it's not known if "Crestmont" cores are arranged in clusters of 4 cores, each. The graphics tile features a powerful iGPU based on the newer Xe-LPG graphics architecture that meets full DirectX 12 Ultimate feature-set. The processor's I/O is expected to support even faster DDR5/LPDDR5 memory speeds, and feature PCIe Gen 5.

More...

(PR) Intel Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2022 Financial Results, Largest Loss in Years
    Intel Corporation today reported fourth-quarter and full-year 2022 financial results. The company also announced that its board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.365 per share on the company's common stock, which will be payable on March 1, 2023, to shareholders of record as of February 7, 2023.

"Despite the economic and market headwinds, we continued to make good progress on our strategic transformation in Q4, including advancing our product roadmap and improving our operational structure and processes to drive efficiencies while delivering at the low-end of our guided range," said Pat Gelsinger, Intel CEO. "In 2023, we will continue to navigate the short-term challenges while striving to meet our long-term commitments, including delivering leadership products anchored on open and secure platforms, powered by at-scale manufacturing and supercharged by our incredible team."

More...

(PR) IK Multimedia Launches the iRig Stream Mic Pro
    IK Multimedia releases iRig Stream Mic Pro, combining a professional multi-pattern condenser microphone and 24-bit, 96 kHz audio interface for iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac and PC into a single ultra-portable solution for music and content creation. iRig Stream Mic Pro makes it easier than ever for users to share their voice and music.

Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone

With dual mic capsules, iRig Stream Mic Pro offers selectable cardioid, figure 8, omnidirectional or stereo pickup patterns. These patterns range from noise-rejecting to immersive audio, so whether it's recording a podcast, interview, instrument or ensemble, the sound signal is crisp, clear and detailed with easily adjustable gain and selectable high-pass filter.

More...

(PR) Sony Electronics Unveils Two New Walkman with Enhanced Sound Quality and Longer Battery Life Including the NW-ZX707 Premium Walkman
    Sony Electronics Inc. today announced two new music players, the NW-ZX707 as part of the ZX Series, and the NW-A306 as part of the A Series, to the Walkman family. Both players are designed for listeners to enjoy music the way the artist intended with high-quality sound with a sleek design. Built with updated components of high-end models, the NW-ZX707 offers astonishing sound quality. With enhanced battery life, balanced connection, a larger 5.0" (diag.) display, Wi-Fi compatibility for easy downloading and streaming functions, it is also portable and stylish for the most demanding music lover.

Inheriting the philosophy of the Signature Walkman, the NW-ZX707 has upgraded fine-tuned capacitors and a FTCAP3 (high-polymer capacitor) and a large solid high polymer capacitor which offers large capacitance and low resistance. While an OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) milled block covering the digital block, allows the NW-ZX707 to bring listeners sound that appears to rise-up from silence. Additionally, a large 8 mm coil for balanced output creates an improved sound resolution across all frequencies. All four kinds of components stated here are also used in the latest Signature Walkman model.

More...

(PR) Meet the Odyssey Neo G7 43" — The First Mini-LED Flat Gaming Monitor From Samsung Electronics
    Samsung Electronics today announced the global launch of Odyssey Neo G7 (Model name: G70NC), the company's first flat Mini-LED model, adding a new form factor to the industry-leading Odyssey lineup. The new monitor delivers a large screen designed to give gamers a more comprehensive range of vision and details—inviting them to the worlds of their games with lifelike picture quality.

"The gaming monitor market is only going to get bigger, and gamers are now seeking more out of their monitors," said Hoon Chung, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. "We are not just delivering better gaming experience—we are rebuilding new smart capabilities into our screens that give gamers an all-in-one place for technology and entertainment. Our innovations are enabling gamers everywhere to stay absorbed in their games with visual performance that enhances the intense emotional experiences."

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel LGA-7529 Socket for "Sierra Forest" Xeon Processors Pictured

Intel's upcoming LGA-7529 socket designed for next-generation Xeon processors has been pictured, thanks to Yuuki_Ans and Hassan Mujtaba. According to the latest photos, we see the massive LGA-7592 socket with an astonishing 7,592 pins placed inside of a single socket. Made for Intel's upcoming "Birch Stream" platform, this socket is going to power Intel's next-generation "Sierra Forest" Xeon processors. With Sierra Forest representing a new way of thinking about Xeon processors, it also requires a special socket. Built on Intel 3 manufacturing process, these Xeon processors use only E-cores in their design to respond to AMD EPYC Bergamo with Zen4c.

The Intel Xeon roadmap will split in 2024, where Sierra Forest will populate dense and efficient cloud computing with E-cores, while its Granite Rapids sibling will power high-performance computing using P-cores. This interesting split will be followed by the new LGA-7529 socket pictured below, which is a step up from Intel's current LGA-4677 socket with 4677 pins used for Sapphire Rapids. With higher core densities and performance targets, the additional pins are likely to be mostly power/ground pins, while the smaller portion is picking up the additional I/O of the processor.

20:20 UTC: Updated with motherboard picture of dual-socket LGA-7529 system, thanks to finding of @9550pro lurking in the Chinese forums.
    More...

(PR) MSI to Launch Laptops with RTX 40-series Graphics During the MSIoligy Virtual Event
    MSI, a world-leading laptop brand, has hold their brand new laptop virtual event MSIology: The Leap to Singularity today. Featuring the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series GPUs and up to 13th Gen Intel Core HX series processors which is now available for pre-order and early bird rewards.

MSI strives for perfection and a premium experience in the laptop lineup which comes with innovative technology breakthroughs, extremely powerful performance and aesthetic brand new design. "We have been leading the trends for high-end laptops, and it continues!" Said MSI Notebook Worldwide Sales & Marketing Director, Derek Chen.

More...

(PR) Philips Releases Professional 4K OLED Monitor that Highlights Impressive Color Features
    EPI, the leading display specialist and brand license partner for Philips monitors introduces the Philips 27E1N8900. Designed for professionals working from home and looking for a monitor that offers impressive visual contrast, the Philips monitor provides a novel experience. The main feature of this monitor, OLED, is known for its stark contrast and state-of-the-art pixel responsiveness.

In addition to the new OLED technology, this monitor is packed with features that make the screen come to life, such as UltraClear 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution for precise imagery, DisplayHDR TrueBlack 400 for shadowing, Ultra Wide-Color for a vivid picture, True 10-bit display for smoother gradients, 99 percent Adobe RGB/DCI-P3, and an antiglare film. These features, along with LowBlue mode, make this monitor the perfect tool.

More...

(PR) Lenovo Expands Portfolio of Smart Collaboration Solutions with New Standalone ThinkSmart View Plus
    Lenovo announced today at Information Systems Europe (ISE 2023) in Barcelona the all new ThinkSmart View Plus running Microsoft Teams display, a standalone collaboration display with premium audio, video, and whiteboarding features. The smart collaboration solution is purpose built for hot desking, phone booths, executive desks and home office use cases. Also joining the portfolio of smart collaboration solutions are the newly announced Lenovo IP Controller for collaboration spaces and the newly available ThinkSmart One.

ThinkSmart View Plus

As the way people work continues to evolve, it is vital to stay connected and engaged, regardless of how and where they work. The innovative ThinkSmart View Plus running Microsoft Teams display is a solution that enables hybrid work by increasing productivity, flexibility, and collaboration through its personal and hotdesking experiences.

More...

(PR) CORSAIR Launches Innovative New RMx SHIFT ATX 3.0 PSUs
    CORSAIR, a world leader in enthusiast components for gamers, creators, and PC builders, today announced the revolutionary RMx SHIFT Series of ATX 3.0 certified power supplies, giving custom PC enthusiasts a new way to build. Available in wattages from 750 W up to 1200 W, these fully modular 80 PLUS Gold-certified PSUs feature the DC connector panel on the side of the unit, granting easier access to your cables and simpler, cleaner cable management.

The RMx SHIFT Series' repositioned side panel (patent-pending) gives you a clear view and better access to all modular micro-fit connections, making connecting and maintaining your cables a breeze. Not only does this make attaching and detaching cables easy, it also means they won't be bent or twisted as much to reach the connectors, resulting in less strain and a cleaner build.

More...

Robot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (PR) EK Launches a Momentum² Monoblock for ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E He

EK, the premium liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is releasing a new AMD AM5 socket-based monoblock, the EK-Quantum Momentum² ROG Crosshair X670E Hero D-RGB - Plexi. The monoblock is engineered specifically for the ROG Crosshair X670E HERO motherboard from ASUS. It features addressable D-RGB LEDs compatible with ASUS Aura Sync RGB control and offers a full lighting customization experience for every single diode at any given time. This Quantum monoblock is EK-Matrix7 compliant and allows the use of the stock I/O shield with LED implementation.

This is a complete, all-in-one (CPU and motherboard) liquid cooling solution for AMD's Ryzen 7000-series processors compatible with the AM5 socket on the ROG Crosshair X670E Hero motherboard. The monoblock packs the latest generation Velocity² cooling engine to ensure the best possible CPU cooling without reducing flow to other components. It directly cools the AMD Ryzen 7000-series CPU and VRM section.

More...

(PR) Noctua Introduces NA-FG1 Fan Grills with Offset Push-pin Mounting
    Noctua today introduced its new NA-FG1 series of fan grills for 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 92, 120, 140 and 200 mm fans. Available in sets of 2 (Sx2) or 5 (Sx5) including screws and a tool-free mounting system that can help to reduce turbulence and thereby improve both airflow performance and noise levels, Noctua's NA-FG1 are premium grade fan grills for the highest demands in acoustic optimisation and ease of installation.

"Fan grills may seem like a trivial accessory, but many available solutions can seriously hamper your fans' acoustics and performance, so we decided to offer our own selection of grills", explains Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "Our NA-FG1 use a proven, highly efficient design and top it off with a convenient tool-free mounting system that introduces an extra offset and can thereby help to improve both airflow and noise levels."

More...

Cyberpunk 2077 Gets NVIDIA DLSS 3 Support
    CDProjekt Red today released a major update to Cyberpunk 2077, which adds support for the NVIDIA DLSS 3 performance enhancement. DLSS 3 leverages the Optical Flow Accelerator component of GeForce RTX 40-series "Ada" graphics cards to generate nearly every alternate frame entirely using AI, without involving the main graphics rendering pipeline, with which it nearly doubles frame-rates at quality comparable to native resolution. When used in conjunction with DLSS quality settings, DLSS 3 ends up working like a frame-rate multiplier. The feature also ends up positively impacting energy efficiency of the GPU. DLSS 3 requires a GeForce RTX 40-series GPU.

More...

(PR) Projected YoY Growth Rate of Global Server Shipments for 2023 Has Been Lowered to 1.87% Due to North American Cloud Service Providers Cutting Demand
    Facing global economic headwinds, the four major North American cloud service providers (CSPs) have scaled back their server procurement quantities for 2023 and could make further downward corrections in the future. Meta is the leader among the four in terms of server demand reduction, followed by Microsoft, Google, and AWS. TrendForce has lowered the YoY growth rate of their total server procurement quantity for this year from the original projection of 6.9% to the latest projection of 4.4%. With CSPs cutting demand, global server shipments are now estimated to grow by just 1.87% YoY for 2023. Regarding the server DRAM market, prices there are estimated to drop by around 20~25% QoQ for 1Q23 as CSPs' downward corrections exacerbate the oversupply situation.

Looking at the four CSPs individually, the YoY decline of Meta's server procurement quantity has been widened to 3.0% and could get larger. The instability of the global economy remains the largest variable for all CSPs. Besides this, Meta has also encountered a notable obstacle in expanding its operation in Europe. Specifically, its data center in Denmark has not met the regional standard for emissions. This issue is expected to hinder its progress in setting up additional data centers across the EU. Moreover, businesses related to e-commerce account for about 98% of Meta's revenue. Therefore, the decline in e-commerce activities amidst the recent easing of the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Meta's growth momentum. Additionally, Meta's server demand has been affected by the high level of component inventory held by server ODMs.

More...

(PR) Acer Launches Trio of Durable TravelMate Laptops for Education
    Acer today announced its latest additions to the TravelMate series of Windows 11 Education laptops, designed to improve students' overall learning experiences and boost productivity whether in school or at home. The Acer TravelMate B5 14 features up to an FHD display and is powered by up to Intel Core i3 N-series processors to support the essential needs of mobile college students, as well as secondary school students. The newest 11-inch TravelMate laptops let students get more out of their blended classroom experience as the TravelMate B3 Spin 11 comes with an optional dockable Wacom AES stylus for added flexibility, while the TravelMate B3 11 has up to 9.5 hours of battery life to provide students with a reliable laptop that could be maximized throughout the school day.

Additionally, these laptops are shipped with Acer's new User Sensing Software,[1] which combines Break Reminder, Screen Distance Reminder, and User Sensing technology to help reduce digital eye strain and ensure data security. The dependable TravelMate B series laptops alsoconform to military-grade durability standards that could withstand drops as high as 122 cm, possess reinforced I/O ports and spill-resistant keyboards to protect inner components from damage, and HD webcams that come with a camera shutter for added privacy protection. With Acer's dedication to achieving its Earthion mission in mind, all the education laptops possess recycled materials in their components and packaging, an EPEAT ecolabel, and are TCO Certified, the leading sustainability certification for IT products worldwide.

More...

(PR) Acer Chromebook Vero Debuts for Education Market
    Acer today launched four new Chromebooks to meet the needs of students, teachers and administrators, including its first Acer Chromebook Vero model designed specifically for the education market. These new models provide the latest in durability, performance, and features, making them a powerful tool for helping educators deliver better learning outcomes.

"As a leading provider of Chromebooks for the K12 education market, Acer knows what students and teachers need to keep the focus on learning - and these new Acer Chromebooks deliver what's needed and more," said James Lin, General Manager, Notebooks, IT Products Business, Acer Inc. "Our new Chromebooks provide advances in all the areas that have helped establish them as an essential tool for learning: student-focused durability features, reliable performance and advanced connectivity options to support school technology initiatives."

More...

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast