PDA

View Full Version : Hydrabox Wireless Multi-Access Solution

Turku
09-12-08, 15:06
Hydrabox Wireless Multi-Access Solution

http://www.star-multimedia.de/images/produktbilder/hydrabox-set-big.gif?xploidID=rosso7h6slkgg371gci3vvpid0

Product Specification

The Hydrabox provides you with wireless indoor-multi-access on up to four receivers at the same time with only one smartcard. Fast wireless data-transmission guarantees high system stability!

100% Plug and Play, preinstalled Firmware, just insert smartcard and enjoy it.

Technical-Specifications:

RF Technology:
Operating frequency: 800-928 MHz
Programmable output power up to +10 dBm
Excellent receiver selectivity and blocking performance
High sensitivity (–111 dBm at 1.2 kBaud, 868 MHz, 1% packet error rate) Low current consumption (14.4 mA in RX, 1.2 kBaud, 868 MHz)
Ports:
Mini-USB interface: supporting USB 2.0
10/100 Mbit Ethernet Port

SMA-antenna-connectors on base and clients:

Antenna:
Antenna Average Gain 0~3dBi
External Antenna (exchangable for higher range)

LED Indicator:
Base 2LED`s (GRN=power,RED=error)
Client 3LED`s(GRN=connection,RED=error,BLUE=key)

Power-Delivery:
Base:Over Mini-USB interface
Client: Over PCMCIA or Embedded Cam, External Powerjack ( input 5-12V max.)

OS-Supported:
Windows2000,Windows XP and Windows Vista

Dimension:
Base: 10x7,3x2,5 cm
Client: 10,5x5,4x0,6 cm

Package Contents:
-1xHydra Base
-3xHydra-Client-Cards
-4x 868Mhz Antennas
-USB Power-Supply (100-240v~50/60Hz 0.3A)
-Mini USB Cable

BEAMIU
19-12-08, 20:47
Dear sir,

I would like to know if it will work with my two decoders, using my regular Italian Sly subscription. The system is based on NDS encryption like in England.

The decoders that I own are: a Dreambox 7000 and the official one distributed by Sly Italia (Pace tds850ns).

Thank you for your time and your attention.

Regards

Turku
19-12-08, 22:31
Certainly that works

BEAMIU
12-01-09, 21:47
Hi Turku,
I've received the Hydrabox but it DOESN'T WORK WITH NDS!!!:tv:
If I'm wrong let me know how I have to behave.:agresiv:

Bye

nigelbb
13-01-09, 11:07
I too have just bought a Hydrabox base unit & 3 client cards & it does not work with Sky UK NDS subscription card. I have used the wireless client cards in a Dragon CAM with predator 3.69 & T.Rex Supermodule with Predasaur 2.29.

It seems to be a problem with the base station not sharing the card properly as an old expired Firecrypt card is shared correctly at least the client wireless card is seen as a Firecrypt card in the CAM. I tried with an IRDETO subscription card & that didn't work either.

Apparently a CAM or receiver that supports Firecrypt is required so the client card will not work in a Dreambox or Sky Italia receiver but should work with a Dragon or T.Rex CAM.

What do I need to do to get this working as advertised?

Eurocrypt
30-01-09, 11:48
Hi all

As fare as I can read the info about HydraBox, they only so fare support the FireCrypt encryption.
Then, what is the us of HydreaBox?
As fare as I know, only 1 or 2 erotic channales use firecrypt encryption.

Conclution so fare is that HydraBox cannot work with operatores using NDS, Nagravision, Viaccess, Conax, Seca MediaGuard, Cryptoworks etc.

(Look for SmartWi, that might solve your problems)

Eurocrypt

anayo
30-10-09, 00:38
the hydrabox works with nagravision. i bought the box last week together with three matrix-cams and i`m total happy with this product. they released files for mediaset/tivusat cards a view weeks ago. you must only update the hydra-set and the matrix cams and afterwards you can share your original card wireless to three tv`s. I´m using it in two LCD`s internal and in one terestrial ci-receiver. since yet it works total stabil ;-)

goffi
07-11-09, 13:11
Conclution so fare is that HydraBox cannot work with operatores using NDS, Nagravision, Viaccess, Conax, Seca MediaGuard, Cryptoworks etc.

Hi all,
I know this is an old post, but anyway it's not true.

I have an hydrabox with 3 clients. I'm using it for the italian digital television
and it work as well. My friends in germany , are using the same device with different system (premiere, orf, etc) and work like a charme.