PDA

View Full Version : CSP ( Component Status Protocol) what is it?

me1960
17-09-09, 11:37
'' CSP is a proxy server totally written in Java. It is NOT an emulator! So if it is not an emulator why should one use it? I will not give any reasons why you should but think of the counter measures taken by providers lately. Wouldn´t it be nice if your precious card didn´t need to handle all the ECM/EMM requests requested by your peers? Specially because providers can measure the amount and if your card handles more then a specific limit the provider may disable your card. Well CSP takes care of that situation! How does CSP do that? First one must know a little about CSP and it´s main parts. Don´t worry there are only 3. 1) Profiles 2) Users 3) Connectors 1 Profiles Profiles describe the available card within CSP You may see it as a virtual card 2 Users Users manage the acces to CSP both client and peer 3 Connectors Connectors describe where the card is located(ip-adress/dyn-dns) and uses the profile to know what provider is serviced by this card. Now suppose we have 3 providers in our CSP network called A, B and C. The amount of users is 10 all watching a channel on be it A,B or C. CSP keeps track of the channels being watched and where it is located. Assume 3 out of the 10 users are watching provider A channel A0. User 1 sends out a request asking for an ECM/EMM. CSP starts looking if it can reply to it and if so will CACHE the reply. If it cannot reply to the request itself it will start asking its PEERS if they can. As soon as CSP finds one that can reply it will remember which peer can service provider A channel A0 and inform all other peers about it, also this reply gets cached. Now user 7 is also watching provider A channel A0 and needs an ECM/EMM. CSP kicks in and will find it can reply from its CACHE. The original card will NOT be asked to supply the needed information for user 7 as CSP has it in CACHE. Instead it sends the cached information to user 7 saving the original card. But what when an ECM/EMM has expired? CSP will receive updated ECM/EMM´s from its PEERS automatically and will CACHE them. Can I use CSP with all emulators? NO it uses the Newcamd/Radegast protocol. So you can use it with CCcam by using N lines. Can I install CSP on my STB? Yes if you can install Java on it and have sufficient processing power and memory(including HDD space). Best however is to install it on a Linux server or a Windows server. Preferred is by far Linux as it has better memory management and low demands on the hardware used. The example I gave is for just one user watching the same provider/channel. Imagine what it means when there are 10,20 or more users watching the same provider/channel! No stressed to its limits card! No freezing because the card cannot reply quick enough! Let this sink in. Think about CSP and its capabilities/possibilities. Then rethink the way you share now. ''